[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did close friends treat you differently after you got /fit/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: roster.png (324KB, 1448x357px) Image search: [Google]
roster.png
324KB, 1448x357px
I used to be the runt of the group. Skinnyfat, not good with girls, no style, no substance.
Decided to lift, go to uni and improve myself in every way I can.
They were so encouraging at the beginning. I started making real progress and they just started putting me down.
Every time I try to tell them about a new PR or a goal I achieved, they belittle it and make me feel stupid for being proud about it.

When we hang out, they collectively take turns shitting on me for no reason.

My one other friend that lifts started touching me all the time and I'm worried he's gay and is hitting on me now.

I feel like my entire social circle is fucked now.

Pick not related, but post your smash roster anyway.
>>
They're probably just jealous because their lives are still shitty and unfulfilled.

Keep up the good work mate.
>>
>>41120156
thanks man, I'm just kinda bewildered, because we're a very close group of friends, but their reaction to me doing better has left a bitter taste in my mouth. Every time I mention something positive, it's almost as if they feel threatened or defensive that it wasn't their accomplishment.
>>
File: BucketOfCrabs.-600x315.jpg (63KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
BucketOfCrabs.-600x315.jpg
63KB, 600x315px
>>41120209
>>
They're either really bitter and jealous of your success, or you're being obnoxious. Probably a mixture of both.

Either way, you should probably get new friends.

>Marth
>Ness
>Palutena
>Robin(female)
>>
>>41120209
>>41120079
Then they were never your friends to begin with. Often times you think someone is your friend when in reality they just have you around to use you for something. Happens a lot. You should investigate this matter thoroughly .
>>
>>41120079
its probably that you got a bit too excited with your progress and they got annoyed and talked behind your back and this is the result

also why even tell them your pr's fag, nobody cares unless they also lift
>>
>>41120275
I could see how I was being a bit obnoxious at the beginning. I was seeking encouragement through validation. But I cut that shit out after 2 months, it's been a year since I started.
Regardless, they're all kind of boring. All they wanna do is sit around and get drunk/high, and that's just not enough for me anymore.
>>41120315
I've known these guys for 10+ years. They've definitely been there for me before. They only started being hostile when I started gaining a little confidence.
>>
>>41120079
Assert your dominance and shit on them back.

If you wish to remain friends with them make it fun and playful, don't go too personal too quickly.

You are now the fit dude of the pack, make it known you're better than them.
>>
>>41120356
How about this:
>worked really hard at uni, got straight A's on my 2nd semester
>tell friends
"haha omg, nice A's on your fingerpainting homework"

he's a psych major who's never done anything past algebra 2.
I was taking calc 2, data structures, and discrete math.
>>
>>41120430
Actually did this the other day with moderate success. They kinda fall back and play it off as a joke.
>>
>>41120444
You have to be careful about toting your accomplishments. If you are good at anything and talk about it, people will start to get jealous.
>>
>>41120454
Yeah that's the point.

If they honestly feel they're on the same level as you on a particular topic, or in social and life standing in general they will banter back and forth with you.

Sounds like your friends are little bitches.

I am in a constant state of war with my mates. Giving each other shit constantly, it's only when we have serious issues or discussions that come up we talk about them like adults and provide advice.

Even then there's a little bit of cheeky banter thrown in, but it never gets personal
>>
>>41120079
My friends think I'm a douchebag when I talk about excicise
> Ike
> ganon
> rarely toon link
>>
>>41120506
The problem is that it started getting personal.
>>41120533
What I don't understand is why none of them would communicate this with me and instead just shit talk me for no reason?
>>
>>41120079

> Every time I try to tell them about a new PR or a goal I achieved, they belittle it and make me feel stupid for being proud about it.

If this is all you ever talked about then it's no surprise they were shitting on you. If someone spent their entire time talking about awards they were getting for their artwork, would you be impressed, or annoyed because they don't shut the fuck up or talk about anything other than themselves?
>>
>>41120597
It's not, and I'm always supportive of their accomplishments
>>
>>41120575
Idk man
Sometimes you just got to know your audience
>>
File: dhalsim 2.jpg (132KB, 636x479px) Image search: [Google]
dhalsim 2.jpg
132KB, 636x479px
Smash was fun for a while until I got into SFV
>dhalsim all day
>>
>>41120079
In my short life I've had two old friends come out to me, knowing I'm not gay but hoping I'd consider letting them blow me I guess.

So yeah bro that's probably what's happening but I am biased from personal experiences.

On the plus side I know it helped me realize I'm pretty attractive.
>>
>>41121164
What the fuck?
Also how do you know they wanted to give you succ
>>
>>41120506
Banter is totally normal among guys. Grow a thicker skin and learn to banter OP, dont be a pussy that cant handle some bullshitting without tearing up. Fucking child
>>
They're the same. I became even better friends with an acquaintance because we bonded over lifting. We work out about 3 or 4 times a week together now and hang out a lot more.

The rest of my friends haven't changed. Still skinny fat, smoke a lot of weed, and drink/play video games all night. But they're happy and have no problems socializing. They occasionally ask about my workouts and compliment my gains. They've come to the gym a few times but didn't stick with it. We're all still very good friends.

Reading some of these shitty stories makes me feel really lucky.
>>
>>41120315
alot of people use people to just keep themselves from being alone
>>
>>41120454
Be honest with yourself. Are they losers? Losers will just think about their own insecurities when they see you fixing up your life. When I started to get fit, two of my closest friends started coming to the gym with me three times a week and they're starting to make it now. My other (at the time) best friend decided he'd rather become 315lbs and play on his nintendo switch and get high all day. He's a loser. Don't bother with those people.
>>
>>41120575
maybe because you arent the pitiful loser of the group anymore. The one that was too pathetic to be made fun.
Since you improved, you start to bring out people's insecurities. Don't be defensive about this, give them bullshit as well or stand your ground. I cant believe this has to be said
>>
At least you have us OP
>>
>>41121213
There is banter, and then there is the feeling that they don't respect me. I totally get the latter and that's what's displeasing. If I talked shit about someone, they all come to his defense, it's like gang mentality, like I have to be wrong.
>>41121273
Yeah that's what I'm starting to do and they're starting to fall in line.
>>
>>41120079
Now I feel blessed cause my friends are really encouraging and push me to my limits, banter is there ofc but when someone is talking about something he is passionate about the whole group shuts the fuck up and listen, even if one finds it stupid or far from his views but still
>>
>>41121849
Disagree with this entirely, if someone doesn't agree they should speak up, but keep banter banter, not personal. That's all I'm saying.
>>
>>41122000
I don't think I made my point clear enough
say friend1 is intrested in in quantum physics while friend2 on the other is into fitness
while friend2 is talking passionatly about fitness friend1 doesn't judge, nor mock friend2 and try to show intrest, opposite is the same
>>
>>41120079
Nah, nothing has changed yet as I just started lifting and exercising with my GF.

Also, Melee Falco main. Secondaries are for people who don't want to win.
>>
>>41120393
I'm in a similar boat. don't listen to the guys that are saying "hurr durr they're not real friends." They're flawed human beings, like everyone. They're going to envy you. The same thing happened with my long-term friends when I started lifting.
If you're really an alpha, you should be able to take their shit in stride, and clap back of you need. I highly recommend branching out and making no friends no matter what. If they can't get over their envy, then I would consider moving on.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.