[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Acne. Plz help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

Hi /fit/. I'm fairly in shape and getting better, I have a job, I have been told I have a handsome face, but my chances with women are totally fucked because I have acne. I am fucking 24. This was supposed to be over with at age 17. WTF M8

I've tried benozyl peroxide, tretinoin, neither of which worked, and I have a bad family history with accutane so I can't take it. I started taking pantothenic acid (b5), carnitine and zinc, which seems to be helping, but I broke out over the weekend following a stressful event. I've tried cutting out unhealthy food from my diet.... The one thing I haven't tried is dairy. And the fucked up thing is, I think it might be dairy that's causing my acne. I literally come from a family of dairy farmers. Just fuck my shit up senpai.

Anyway, I'm probably going to try cutting out dairy from my diet to see if it unfucks my face, but any advice or stories of products / strategies that have worked for you are welcome.

Pic related, it's my ideal skin type
>>
>>41108283
Can I give the quick rundown or does someone else wants to do it?
accutane worked for me, anon. I just got a derma roller to try and fix my skin though
>>
>>41108283
>putting chemicals on your skin
>expecting skin to look gud
Cut dairy. Eat healthy. Get sun. Wash with only cold water, only when you get up and go to sleep. Moisturize with lotion at least spf 15 once a day. Sleep 8 hours
>>
>>41108283
First question to get it out of the way with - What the fuck is wrong with the guy in the pic? I know This Morning is basically a freak show for the unemployed to gawk at, so I'm guessing some nutter who went OTT with plastic surgery?

As for your acne, it seems daft, but have you tried the basics? Thorough hygiene? Washing morning and evening, possibly more? Tried different soap brands/face scrubs? Regularly change your pillowcases, like every day?

You mention diet, you mention it might be dairy. Why the fuck haven't you at least tried to cut it out just to see? There are dairy intolerant people who range from skelly, to fat as fuck, to built like gods. It isn't a bar to the body type you want.
>>
>>41108383
Also forgot to say, have you tried sunbeds?

I did about 5 sessions, just because I live in the UK and we have no sun most of the time and I tan well, yet it cleared up the mild back acne I've had for years without me realising it would do that.
>>
>>41108283
I started noticing massive improvements when i stopped using chemicals, soaps, creams and aftershave. I only wash my face with water and dont touch it. 2 most important things.
>>
>>41108372
kek
>>
>>41108372
Can't take accutane. It fucked my uncle's gut (he has Crohn's now), and I don't want to take the risk since my gut is already fucked.

>>41108376
Any moisturizer recommendations? Should I just look for something that's a "gentle moisturizer?" Or do I want a men's moisturizer?

>>41108383
Yep, I wash with gentle soap in morning and night. Wash sheets / pillowcases regularly, though I probably should more often. I haven't cut out dairy yet because I love that shit, but I'm so sick of acne that I'm now willing to cut the cord. But it's a hard cord to cut.

>>41108416
This is interesting. I will try to lay outside now that it's getting nice out.
>>
>>41108376
>Cut dairy. Eat healthy. Get sun. Wash with only cold water, only when you get up and go to sleep. Moisturize with lotion at least spf 15 once a day. Sleep 8 hours

memes

all myth
>>
>>41108590
Depends what sort you have.

If, as I suspect, OP is over-reacting and simply has your normal teenage acne which often stays throughout your 20s, then these things can help.

If he has something serious like acne fulminans (don't Google if you're eating, or plan to in the next few days) then yeah, this advice will likely make fuck all difference.

>>41108490
I would have thought living on a dairy farm would make it easier. I grew up near dairy farms and had friends who lived on them, and must say the state of most of them is enough to put anyone off dairy.
>>
>>41108635
>acne fulminans
It's not that bad by any means, but I've got some level of cystic acne I'm pretty sure. During most bad breakouts I'll have 4-6 minor pimples and 2-4 larger ones, sometimes clusters. I wait until they're "ready" to drain them, but they still leave behind red sores for a while. If I don't drain them, they just get bigger and bigger. My face isn't horribly disfigured, but it's definitely unattractive and I'm sick of not living up to my potential.
>>
>>41108716
You considered makeup?

I mean, if you apply it like a girl you'll like like a fag, though as it happens that's exactly what the guy in your original picture has done, so if that's the skin you're after, do that.

As a guy though you can use make up and just look "normal."

Not sure if you're British, but you know Chris Morris? Comedy/trolling god responsibly for Brasseye, The Day Today, On The Hour, Jam, Four Lions, Nathan Barley, Veep, loads of other stuff. He has a really bad facial birthmark that he normally covers with makeup. You can't tell he has a birthmark or wears makeup.
>>
>>41108761
Nah, I was totally joking about the bog in my OP. I've considered makeup, but I think it would be obvious that I have bumps on my face, even if I was able to effectively cover them up. And I've heard that covering acne up with makeup just makes it worse long-term.
>>
>>
>>41108761
>that's exactly what the guy in your original picture

He's also spent $100,000 on 100 surgeries

OP, implement a proper skincare routine.
>>
File: 1483761100209.jpg (54KB, 392x495px) Image search: [Google]
1483761100209.jpg
54KB, 392x495px
>tfw took accutane for a YEAR and still sometimes get acne at 20
>>
File: 1492318336449.jpg (50KB, 586x773px) Image search: [Google]
1492318336449.jpg
50KB, 586x773px
>>41109149
>thinking you're past getting acne at 20 years old
>>
>>41108283
What works for me may be very different than what will work for you, but here is what I did.

>lava bar
Lava bars are soap bars with pumice in them that are used to clean motor oil and caked-on dirt off your hands and arms. One day I was so covered in dirt and so oily from sweating balls working with horses for 12 straight hours that I took my lava bar into the shower and used it VERY gently on my arms, chest, neck and face out of desperation. I do this maybe twice a week. Literally just 1-3 light passes over your forehead, 1-2 over your cheeks, and a little wiggle over every surface of your nose is all it takes. Weird example bit you wanna use JUST A LITTLE more pressure than you would apply when petting a baby chicken or kitten or something. Just a medium-delicate slow drag...or else you'll literally scour your fucking face off and end up with what looks like a terrible sunburn.

>lancing/popping
ABSOLUTELY DO NOT DO THIS. This is just-fuck-my-shit-up horribad and what will give you scars.

>towel
Put a clean towel over your pillow every night, or literally change your pillowcase every night. It's a pain in the ass but fucking do it.

>cold
After you get out of the shower splash cold water on your face.

That is literally all you need to do.
>>
Check out acne.org. Plenty of info, reviews of products and a large forum. The regimen that they proffer is centred around benzoyl peroxide (2.5%). You say that BP doesn't work for you but as I noticed that reviews of the stuff the NHS was giving me were actually really quite bad so I tried to product sold on that site. It has definitely worked for me so consider giving it a go. Their other stuff is OK but can be substituted (e.g. Cetaphil instead of their moisturiser) but their BP is the best. The advice is basically lather on a lot of it and it does seem to work.

Unfortunately I still have to use it at 25 but I am OK with that considering the difference it has made for me. Either way, check out acne.org as a useful resource for information and reviews.
>>
>>41108283
>he hasnt taken the bogpill yet

never going to make it
>>
>>41108283
Cut the dairy man.
It's been proven to cause acne.

Humans aren't meant to drink milk.
>>
File: 1458687388509.jpg (60KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1458687388509.jpg
60KB, 512x384px
>>41109896
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.