[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unrealistic Goals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 222
Thread images: 34

Do any of you have unrealistic goals for yourself, at least in your present state, that absolutely everyone around you thinks is a joke and that you have no shot at reaching?

I want to be a Navy SEAL. I have exactly four years to physically prepare myself by the time I graduate college. Everyone thinks it's just a joke and that I am wasting my time.
>>
>>41107047
It takes like 6 months to train for seal course. Dont be a fag.
>>
File: MAYMAY.png (66KB, 888x395px) Image search: [Google]
MAYMAY.png
66KB, 888x395px
>>41107047
4 years is a shit ton of time.

Just remember its mostly mental, there are tons of super fit guys who didnt make it because their mind can not handle it. Also since you're going in as an Officer you only have one shot unlike the enlisted guys.

Its not training, its a beat down. Its unhealthy for your body and you will power through if you truly want it.

Plenty of Seals training programs out there by Seals.
side note: Stay away from shooting, they will teach you and if you try to teach yourself you will most likely just teach yourself bad habits.

Anyway, goodluck buddy.
>>
File: 1492176421199.jpg (31KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1492176421199.jpg
31KB, 480x480px
find a gf
>>
The super shitty thing about it is that if you dont pass the SEAL training you are still contracted to the navy so you cant just back out because you didnt get in like you wanted to
>>
File: d50f17549fd601a6c5bbc5f64880cda5.jpg (117KB, 736x1030px) Image search: [Google]
d50f17549fd601a6c5bbc5f64880cda5.jpg
117KB, 736x1030px
I really want to cosplay as Big Boss, so I'm shooting for his aesthetics, even the mullet
>>
>>41107047
>I want to be a Navy SEAL. I have exactly four years to physically prepare myself by the time I graduate college
I've been on this path
I graduated last year with my BS and will finish my masters by 2019
Don't tell yourself its unrealistic
Don't let other people bring you down
You need to be mentally strong as well as physical to get through BUDs.
>>
You have no idea what you're in for my dude. You could train for 10 years and still fail BUDS. If you're really interested in the SOF community join the military for a few years and see if that kind of thing is for you. Ever considered MARSOC, army SF, marine recon, army rangers etc? A lot of people are just drawn to the prestige of SEALs and set themselves up for failure. Trust me I'm familiar with the community and am just looking out for a bro, not trying to bring you down.

>source: marine 0317
>>
>>41107140
Beat me to it
>>
>>41108428
>Ever considered MARSOC, army SF, marine recon, army rangers
are you seriously implying that the training for these are any less difficult than BUDs?
>>
>>41107047
They think it's unrealistic because it's easier to become a pro athlete than to become a navy seal. If you are honestly the kind of person that has the determination to do it, good on you. If you want to know what that determination looks like, watch every video of marcus luttrel (lutrell?) on youtube. The dude basically had a fractured pelvis during buds and was still running miles a day. He had like 20-something through and through's in afghanistan during operation red wing. And he wasn't even on team 6/DEVGRU. Seriously, those dudes are a very different kind of person that have a level of autism most of us can't even comprehend.

I'm not trying to discourage you, but you better start training than you ever have in your life, like, yesterday.
>>
>>41107047
Well, currently I want to get my deadlift to a 405 by new years. But I fell for the "cut for the summer" meme and my one rep max actually decreased by 60 lbs

If I'm going to stick with cutting until 10℅, then I'm going to finish in about June/July. So realistically I have about half a year to complete it. And since it took me a year to get 315 from 135, I'm not having high hopes to get a deadlifts from 265 to 405.

I changed up my routine, so hopefully I can at least increase some strength
>>
I want to make my parents proud
>>
File: Yaranaika.png (74KB, 399x399px) Image search: [Google]
Yaranaika.png
74KB, 399x399px
I want to hit 1/2/3/4.
I can't imagine myself doing it at this point since I'm not even out of DYEL mode yet, and not more than 3 or so people in my gym are at that level.
I did 1pl8 bench for the first time today though, so that's great
>>
>>41107047
>I have exactly four years to physically prepare myself
It's true you need to be fit but unless you are a complete fat ass then it shouldn't take you more than a year at the absolute most to get ready. When i joined the army i did nothing to prepare for it because i was active and played a lot of sort only thing i wish i had of done was build a bit more upper body strength.
Being smart a quick learner and an ability to improvise would be best to work on.
>>
I'm training to become a vigilante once I get a double lung transplant in a few years
>>
I want my Bulged disc to heal completely by this fall.
>>
>>41107047
Lift more than my Chad dad did in his football playing prime.

I want to see his half proud and half jealous face.
>>
>>41107047
Cure my autism
>>
>>41108309

Why would you go for a Master's if you want to be a SEAL?
>>
>>41108999
Because everyone nowadays seems to wipe their ass with a Bachelor's. Plus I want to go in as an officer and I know the last thing I'd do once I'm out if finish up a master's degree
>>
>>41107047
Similar to OP
>have wanted to join the military since I could walk
>Have had asthma since birth
>Train from 16-21 with friends who are SF and rangers
>Ive trained cardio throughout the years to help but I still have asthma attacks occasionally
>Talk to recruiters and they say just lie about it
>Have an 18-X (SF recruit) contract waiting for me to sign
>Pussy out because Im terrified of dishonorable discharge if they find out I lied about my asthma

I will probably never join unless the US goes to war and are taking just about anyone. It's frustrating being fit, coherent, and combat trained and not being able to use it bc a shitty disease. Whats the most badass thing I can do as an asthmatic? I need to move on
>>
>>41109027
Just a heads up, it's literally almost impossible to become a SEAL officer if you didn't go to the USNA or are already an enlisted SEAL.
>>
>>41108493
This.
Recon isn't even SOF (they're SOF "capable") and they pretty much have their own version of BUDs
>>
>>41108623
1/2/3/4 is not that hard friendo. You're gonna make it.
>>
>>41107121
>Stay away from shooting, they will teach you and if you try to teach yourself you will most likely just teach yourself bad habits.
Lol what the fuck am I reading. I learned to shoot at like 7, why would this be a bad thing if I've been shooting my entire life?
>>
>>41108999
>>41109027
Also the fact that there is much less room for advancement if you only have a bachelor's. Just like the rest of the military, federal lea, and most police departments, if you have a master's degree you're automatically going to have extra points connected to your name when considering who to promote.
>>
>>41109370
The idea is that you might have bad habits that are hard to break if you've been doing them for years.
>>
>>41109027
>>41109401

Ah interesting. I have an M.S. myself and considered going the SOF route, but with my hearing and vision it'd be an instant DQ. C'est la vie, good luck brah
>>
Dude you have to decide what you want. You can either join as enlisted and go for SEAL or you join officer training. You will not become a SOF officer without having served as an enlisted in SOF before.
Source: me, airborne infantry officer candidate (germany)
>>
I've always had the dream to go into SEALs, I loved swimming in high school and our coach was a green beret said that my personality and mindset would fit in with that crowd.

I was going to go for it straight out of high school but my family convinced me to go to college - I'm graduating in 3 weeks and plan on working for a year and training.

I made the mistake of telling people my goals all I got was ridicule only a very few people close to me were/are supportive of my goal to join.

Going to train my ass off for the next 1.5 years (get back into swimming and running). Maybe I'll see ya there OP
>>
>>41109370
Because chances are you're not shooting the way they want you to.
>>
I had the dream of being an Army ranger but I know I will never pass MEPS with my amblyopia. So now I just want to be a regular 11B Infantryman. I want to be as good of a warrior as I can be.
>>
>>41108309
Why don't you just join the fucking Navy already instead of dicking around in school wasting your prime? You realize you can work on the pussy schoolwork stuff while you're serving. I will never fucking understand school cucks.
>>
File: IMG_0211.jpg (59KB, 639x767px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0211.jpg
59KB, 639x767px
>>41107047
I dream of becoming a WWE wrestler
I'm 18 and skeleton but I'm here so that's something
>>
I want to live in a small cabin in the woods with my two dogs and grow vegetables
I also want a small lake where I can swim every day
And to be a magical forest fairy princess
>>
>>41107047
It's not unobtainable. You will need to dedicate yourself completely to it. It will need to come above everything else in your life.

I wanted to be a fighter pilot since I was 5. I told everyone I knew, and they thought it was just me daydreaming, even my family. I chased my dream every day, and I ended up typing this post wearing a flight suit.

Go for it, OP. To be among the best you need to be the best. There are no days off.
>>
For the past year I've been taking acting classes, literally everybody from my friends to my coworkers to my family takes every chance they can to rib me about how much time and money I'm "giving away" by going to classes, getting headshots, traveling to auditions, buying books, etc etc etc. For example, I was eating with some friends last Thursday and we were talking about our high school days; I did an impression of a certain teacher we all had, and immediately somebody piped up with "Wow, those acting classes sure are paying off, anon!" Cue laughter.

I can understand their skepticism and I'm even willing to believe that they're trying to discourage me so I don't have to face disappointment and rejection in the future, and while I don't need or expect their support I would appreciate it if they understood that I've made a firm decision regarding what I'd like to do with my life. At the very least I'd hope they think up of some better jokes or jabs at my expense because I'm starting to get bored of hearing the same ones over and over.
>>
>>41109628
>and I ended up typing this post wearing a flight suit.

So you bought a flight suit to shitpost in? Wow
>>
>>41109618
Same man
>>
>>41109080
Join the Rojava
>>
>>41109654
If you blow up, fuck them niggas.
Don't give them a fucking cent.
Throw parties in your big house with dank cocaine and bitches half nekkid walking around and invite them and be condescending.
>>
>>41109080
Pretty sure you could join a swat team. Or a prison special ops team.
>>
>>41109628
Thanks. My parents want me to go to OCS after I graduate and do something technical, but I want a fast paced life. I know I won't be making as much money as an officer would, but I would much prefer an interesting life that suits my interests.
>>
I want to be a dentist but I have shit A lvls and a bad grade degree already, feel like I've only just woken up to reality at 22
>>
>>41109654
Unironically though, how do you become an actor? How do you find auditions and casting calls? What legitimate resources do you use?
>>
>>41109628
>wearing a flight suit to browse 4chan
>>
I want to be a Marine. I know that part isn't unrealistic, but I'm hoping that I can prove myself enough to be taken in as a Raider. I want to be the absolute best of the best and show everyone, including my past self, that they were wrong for ever doubting me. I want to see my parents' proud faces when their boy comes home a Raider after serving his country.
>>
>>41111660
Just a tip: make sure you want to be a Raider because you actually want to be a Raider. Because I guarantee you will not make it if your primary reason for doing it is just to prove your worth.
>>
File: IMG_4260.jpg (68KB, 564x338px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4260.jpg
68KB, 564x338px
>>41107047
Yeah I desperately want to be as strong and fit as batman. I'm currently in my 3rd month back at the gym after 5 months last year and dyel before that. I got a loooong ways to go but it's okay I'll be batman someday.
>>
>>41109589
18 isn't your prime
>>
>>41109628
What do you fly?
>>
>>41112135
Here you go
>>
>>41112207
While I like this and will probably incorporate a lot of the cardio aspects of this once i get past dyel stage, i do worry about the lack of squats and bench.

Also I am a black belt in shotokan karate so kata training will be cool, but I haven't done that in yeaaarrrs
>>
>>41112288
That shit is also impossible and doinf a workout regiment like that will obliterate yohr joints
>4:50 minute mile
Olympic runners struggle with that
>>
>>41112622
Yeah, I know, being literally batman is impossible even with roids, but I can look like him, and a lot of those trainings are good, just not as frequently.
>>
I want to join my universities football team. They're a D2 winning team, and I've never played football before. I've got about 1.5 years to get in shape and prove myself, and damnit if I don't plan on it.
>>
>>41112207
This is a meme routine developed by a fat comic book writer because he didn't know anything about lifting or fighting and just wrote down what he thought looked cool. The only thing this routine will do is destroy you. There are no benefits to be had here.
>>
>>41111660
>wanting to be a raider before you've even joined the marines

You know you have to be at least an E-4 with two years in before you can even go to A&S? That being said why haven't you joined yet?

SOF wannabe threads are consistently the best threads on this board.
>>
>>41112678
Not to mention those weight numbers

>3x7 power cleans 262
>five by fucking seven 600lbs deadlifts
>followed by another 30 at 300

This routine was written by a paraplegic no doubt
>>
File: 1490004279231-k.jpg (657KB, 900x660px) Image search: [Google]
1490004279231-k.jpg
657KB, 900x660px
>>41108623
You made 1pl8, give it a little while and of you are consistent with your training you will make little gains. 5, 10lb and next thing you know 1pl8 will be your warmup set. Stick with it Anon, you will be there in no time.
>>
>>41112682
Because my parents are old and decrepit and they have a wood stove. I'm not going to leave my family to freeze over the harsh winters here because my father can't cut or cart wood on his own. I had to wait until the heating situation was taken care of, and it will be this spring. We're installing a new heating system that won't require any physical labor on his part so I can leave them with a clear conscience.
>>
>>41109370
I was the 4th best shooter in my unit, only 3 to beat me were salty ass higher enlisted

>out shot all the "I've been shooting all my life" fags

shot a gun maybe 2 times before I joined
I had 0 bad habits to unlearn so I was able to focus on training better
>>
>>41109424
neat, but that's not how the U.S. military works friendo
>>
>>41107121
Not true. The buds video's show an officer dude in like his 3rd time trying for it. He wasn't a very good leader and kept fucking up, but still was an officer at least by rank.
>>
>>41109465
I'm quite amphibious, all the underwater pool week 4 (whichever week it is) shit looked fun to me. But one guy struggled hard with simply laying a foot underwater and witholding water from draining down this throat. He couldn't pass simply because of this. I've tried it and my physiology doesn't auto-block water from rushing up my noes while laying head back...you might want to try this.
>>
>>41110019
Have an agent be willing to take you on. Have a resume including local commercials, stage work, even get a job working on set to pay bills. That's how I'd do it, but the agent thing is pretty key then start forming relationships.
>>
'Couch potato to navy seal in one year

Its a stupid goal, and one I wont achieve
>>
>>41107047
I'm in college and a SEAL hopeful as well. Just keep your head down, work hard, and don't quit.
If you haven't already, be sure to check the forums on sealswcc website and the reddit /r/ navyseals or something. There's a ton of valuable information on there.
Just a heads up, /fit/ training is not always in line with preparing for BUD/S. You have 4 years, so you have plenty of time to work for aesthetics, pick up chicks, and have fun in college (like I'm doing). But by your junior year, you'll want to start focusing on the PTG, preparing for the PST.
>>
I used to want to get into the SAS. Spent 5 years in the infantry and slowly my priorities changed. I got a GF and enjoyed life. Made plans to travel with her. Suddenly it didn't seem so attractive to be away for 9 months of the year and not able to tell people where. Few mates from my company got in that I used to train with and keep up with. If my relationship falls apart I'll probably go back and give it a shot, I'm still young enough.

When people say it's psychological they don't just mean pushing past your limits on selection course. It's sacrificing most of your life to the unit.

People will give you shit and say it's unrealistic because they've seen hundreds of slowflake recruits who think they couldn't possibly be "just" an infantryman, and turn out to be average to poor soldiers. So my advice would be to keep your aspirations mostly to yourself. Power through your training, never EVER let yourself stop when you feel you need to. The most valuable thing you can train is your ability to keep going when your body says you can't, and you can strengthen this willpower like you would a muscle.
>>
>>41112730
This is almost always true. Sure there are a couple exceptions but for the most part the best shooters on any given military range learned how to shoot in the military. I literally never touched a gun before joining and I consistently shoot range high every time I do annual rifle qualification.

Then again there are a lot of people in the military who are just plain terrible at shooting, regardless of experience. I seriously can't believe how bad most of the military is at basic marksmanship.

But I digress. Marksmanship is low on the list of importance in SOF outside of the sniper community obviously. I wouldn't worry about it. They will teach you if you don't already know. If you can't learn to shoot, you wont stand a chance learning the actual stuff that seperates special operators from regular infantrymen.
>>
>>41112682

Whenever I see people on this board talking about going SOF or whatever, I remember talking with a Raider who said at one point they shot teargas grenades all over a mountainside and everyone had to run through multiple miles of teargas with a 100lb ruck on their back and no gas mask. He said his existence just entered another dimension of pain and suffering and had no idea how the fuck he ever made it.

You could be the most fit dude in the world, if you don't have the mindset for SOF, you will never be SOF. From the SEALs I've been able to work with on a SSGN, nobody sitting in a thread like this going, "Hur I'm useless and wanna be somebody I'm gonna be a SEAL I guess," is ever going to make it. All of those guys were dead set fucking relentless on getting where they wanted to be. Not every SEAL grew up wanting to be one, but every SEAL grew up without ever learning what it feels like to quit. One of the fuckers I spoke with said he can't swim for shit but managed to gorilla his way through the swim tests until it came to the one where you have to get across the pool underwater without coming up. He failed it multiple times, and when they told him it was his last try, he dumped all of his air the second he hit the water and crawled across the pool on the bottom, losing consciousness right after touching the wall and had to be pulled out. Technically passed.
>>
>>41107047
I wouldn't mind going to ranger school and getting tabbed.
Also, getting a PhD as well sometime in the future.
>>
>>41107047
I believe in you OP
>>
>>41113382
Ok walter. Whatever you say mate.
>>
>>41113382
This guy makes a good point too. If you want to be a special operator you need to be prepared to literally dedicate the rest of your life to the military. Youre basically a professional athlete, but with no off season. If you're not deployed, you're training. You might get a couple weeks a year to go home and visit your family, but your ass belongs to SOCOM.

I don't envy those guys. Huge amounts of respect, but it's not an appealing lifestyle
>>
>>41113401
Don't underestimate what regular infantry know either though. I guess it's different in the US where the MOS is quite specialized. But in places like AUS, NZ, UK a corporal might have been in several of Recon, Snipers, Sigs, or DFSW, and done a platoon commander's course if he's looking at sergeant soon, after 10 years or more. SAS just takes it to the next level, perfecting absolutely everything and doing it over longer distances with worse odds.
>>
File: IMG_9748.jpg (218KB, 800x1400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9748.jpg
218KB, 800x1400px
All of my goals. Get /fit/, finish mech engineering degree, join navy (submariners), join SASR, join French Foreign Légion, go to Antartica, have several kids, partake in fascist overthrow of my government, read an hour a day, grow a beard.

I just want to have an interesting life to tell my grandchildren about.
>>
>>41110019
Start small. Read up on Uta Hagen's work, and develop some insight into the craft, and look for workshops in your area. Once you're comfortable with the practice, start at small local and/or university theatres (depending on what's in your proximity). Look on community boards for things like student and independent films as well.

You may not want to do musicals, but it's a good idea to figure out your range and at least practice singing somewhat regularly, but not necessarily practice with shit on the radio. Dancing is also a plus, but again not needed outright.

I wouldn't get an agent until you've gotten some credits to your name first, simply because a) your history will let them know what you're capable of before they send you somewhere, and b) their personal financial stake with a total freshman is low so they aren't as likely to give you enough attention.

I would also do some of what >>41113273 said, specifically the stage hand and set jobs, because it gets your foot in the door with actors and other professionals that can point the way and help you out. It also teaches you the process behind everything, since walking into a tech as an actor that is totally new to everything may throw you off and slow everything down, hurting your image.

>t. theatre major with performance concentration
>>
>>41113438
What's walt about some lance jack getting a missus and getting out after a trip or two? Happens every day.
>>
>>41113416
>>41113416
>getting gassed on a death hike

Yep. Pretty much standard procedure at any military school worth a shit. It's fucking sadistic, but it's also a rite of passage. At SSBC they gas you right in the middle of a 12 mile ruck which is the final exercise before you become a sniper. Dudes were crying and puking (myself included) but once you've made it that far not a single person is thinking about giving up.

There are plenty of dudes who look like out of shape turds that make it into SOF and other elite units, only difference is they have some reservoir of strength they can access that your average person can't.
>>
>>41107156
What do they do with you if you fail?
>>
>>41113565
Send you wherever the Navy needs you
>>
>>41107047
Because of my unrealistic goals of myself is why i always fail or burn out.
>>
>>41113565
Either this >>41113570

Or if you're good enough/the instructors like you they might send you to another high speed school. Chances are though you'll just go needs of the navy
>>
Become a polymath da vinci type.
Break physical fitness world records in strength, stamina and speed.
Be an actual wizard.
Rule the world.
>>
I want to be a model.

I'm unfortunately a femlet and even if I was a solid 10 it's likely I'd have trouble finding work because I'm too short.

So my only hope is to be a faggot Instagram "model" but I want to look pretty in pictures.
>>
>>41113857
Pics, we will be judge of your modelling skills anon.
>>
>>41113857

>I want to look pretty in pictures

Behold the aspirations of an American female
>>
>>41113911
So does every single fucking person posting on the fucking board wants that you waste of spunk.

She actually has the fucking spine to be honest and not try to create some completely transparent pseudo intellectual bullshit to justify it.
>>
File: 47453.png (189KB, 450x472px) Image search: [Google]
47453.png
189KB, 450x472px
>>41113936
when will white knights give it up? She is't going to fuck you.
>>
>>41108623
I been there brah.
2pl8 diddly felt like death
3pl8 diddly felt impossible
4pl8 diddly FLEW THE FUCK UP LIKE A MOTHERFUCKIN JETPACK
keep at it my dude, we're all gonna make it
>>
>>41113936
>>
>>41113615
>Be an actual wizard
Unless you mean the /r9k/ type, that seems more impossible than unrealistic/unlikely.
>>
>>41113857
post ass
>>
File: 2343439487.jpg (8KB, 326x217px) Image search: [Google]
2343439487.jpg
8KB, 326x217px
>>41113991
Maybe with an attitude like that it is
>>
>>41113991
With a Will there is a Way.

>8ch * ne t/fringe
>>
File: 1491324493288.jpg (151KB, 735x1037px) Image search: [Google]
1491324493288.jpg
151KB, 735x1037px
>>41107121
I'm actually gunning for Green beret

Just started college at 21, have debts, have horrific social skills, and morbidly obese.

Cutting to 10% though for the next year so maybe in the next 3 I can improve everything.

>TFW when eagle scout
>TFW i like teaching but never get to do it because I'm a fat cunt with low self esteem
>TFW very good at breaking things

Its like i was born for it but i think even getting a Bachelors at 27 will put me out of the running for option 18x
>>
I want to date Taylor Swift
>>
>>41114113
Just give it up man. You will never be a green beret
>>
>>41109518

How bad is it? I got through MEPS with a slight amblyopia but I chose 25B not a heavy combat MOS. If you're not flying planes you might have a chance after all. Worst they can do is say you can't pick that job.
>>
>>41109654
I could think as them, but
>Having a dream
Mirin, brah.
>>
Wanting to be NZSAS here, if you care about what people think and that you aren't going to make it, then guess what you aren't going to make it. SF isn't about being the fittest, it's about being the fittest and the most determined.

If you don't have it mentally then you don't have it mentally.
>>
>>41107047
All you have to do is complete BUDS to be a Seal. People do it all the fucking time. There's no reason you can't.
>>
>>41107047
to get stupid buff as fuk. But I found out that takes money and im poor which led me to being lazy so yea...unrealistic now
>>
>>41115162
>if you care about what people think and that you aren't going to make it then you aren't going to make it
>it isn't about being the fittest, it's about being the fittest
>if you don't have what it takes mentally you don't have what it takes mentally

Quality post friendo
>>
>>41107047
yes i have.
believing that i will destroy the Bank System as it is and creat a new one.
Beginning in Greece

True Story.
>>
>>41107047
$1 Million NZD net assets by the time I am 35 (9 years).

Things that make this harder:

>I plan to move to London and travel Europe this year (will be hard to save and therefore capital base for investments is low).
>Career, although pays reasonably (geotech engineer) is not on the level of Banker or Lawyer.
>>
>>41107047
If you really want this kid your at the wrong place seeking the wrong advice from a bunch of people who most of have the wrong attitude...

MINDSET
above all

get off fucking 4chan's homoerotic fitness board and go swim laps..and believe in yourself you big pussy "unrealistic goals " change your mind set or you've already quit.
Quit embarrassing yourself and go train
Straiten your fucking head out
>>
>>41108633
Elaborate
>>
>>41115406
You type like a retarded person.
>>
>>41113984
FUCKING THIS
>>
>>41114113
fuck that other guy, get it done son make us proud
>>
>>41115233
Hey man, ease up, he is from New Zealand after all.
>>
>>41114113
Give it your all, friend. 27 isn't too old, just give it everything you've got and if you really want it, your mind will push you through the shit.
>>
>>41115550
Still bigger and stronger then you. Your dream women flock to this retard.
>>
File: nt9IikY.png (11KB, 230x328px) Image search: [Google]
nt9IikY.png
11KB, 230x328px
>>41107140
>tfw i know that feel
>>
>>41113460
French Foreign Legion is a meme, unless you're a dumb mouth breather, then you won't notice how mind numbingly stupid it is. There is a very good film that is in part about the Legion, called "Beau Travail"
The rest sounds cool
>>
>>41107047
It's awesome to have massive dreams! Go for it dude!

It's my goal to go back to around 2002 and have a run at the WWF title under the gimmick of Kane's bastard son. All my friends say it's never gonna happen but they're just "haters"
>>
File: vining.jpg (419KB, 1800x1466px) Image search: [Google]
vining.jpg
419KB, 1800x1466px
>>41107047
>seals
Fag.
>>
>>41107156

What would happen if you didnt get in, and so refused to do what the navy then asked of you? Dont show up for work, call in sick all the time etc. Do you go to jail?
>>
File: 08-King-of-Hill-Hank_l.jpg (22KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
08-King-of-Hill-Hank_l.jpg
22KB, 400x300px
>>41107047
I want to be a US Marine.

Now, that might not look unrealistic for you but the problem is I need to get permanent residency in the US first.
>>
To get dat v taper, my goal has always been to have to walk sideways to fit through doors.
Silly, but it seems to be working, even my coworkers noticed how wide I've grown.
>>
>>41115536
I have CF with basically below 50% lung capacity. In a few years (within the next 10 or so) the damage will have gotten so bad that it'll warrant a double transplant if I am to keep living outside of a hospital setting. I'm getting fit so that once the transplant occurs, I'll be in a good position to hopefully recover quicker, rebuild any lost strength (recovery usually takes several months) and become a vigilante protecting others.

I have all the plans for everything drawn up, my studies are beneficial for this plan, and I'm just focused on getting fit for now, with the next step being to make money for the initial gear in a couple years
>>
literally every 'spechshul operator' i know is on steroids
just a bunch of fuckin phonies
>>
>>41107047
No. My dream is to throw communists out of helicopters. I think I have a very good shot at becoming flight warrant officer and the second American civil war seems likely to happen in the next decade or two.
>>
>>41107156
this is actually the best thing.
Since they dont want to have fags who just sign up for some "super elite" thing.
They want real soldiers, not some cry baby going home when they fail
>>
>>41116917

I went with my Army friend on to the base to use their gym, there was heaps of massive guys there who were clearly juicing. Literally what do these guys do if they get deployed? Steroids create a dependence. You cannot quit the shit cold turkey, especially not in a war zone.
Being an elite soldie, you should have the ability to survive for weeks/months on end in a battlefield, as a PWO etc. You do NOT want to be stuck with low T in that situation, it literally could mean death.
Using steroids in the military seems absolutely stupid.
>>
>>41115177
BUDs has like an 80 percent drop rate
you have to really want it to see it through because its just as much of a mental beat down as it is a physical one.
>>
>>41115177
False, BUD/S is followed by Airborne school and 6 months of SEAL Qualification Training before you earn your trident.
>>
Anyone know any good SEAL training documentaries?
I've already seen that class 234 series
>>
>>41107047
People think you're a joke for joining the army, not for getting fit.
>>
>>41117243
>army
>SEAL
dumbass
>>
>>41108660
There are things stopped by mental ability

Then there are things you physically cant fix. Your spine is fucked, period. Dont be that guy who takes a disc from a bad place to a wheelchair.
>>
I want a body like Dio's
>>
>>41117251
>any military branch
>better than any other
I used to be an underage fag like you too, as did every other spec ops branch

Let me tell you this; they all regret it in the end. Every. Single. One.
>>
>>41117323
>I used to be an underage fag
This is the first indicator that you yourself an an adolescent neet
> as did every other spec ops branch
nice sentence structure

>Let me tell you this; they all regret it in the end. Every. Single. One.
>neet on /fit/ lecturing people about how "Every. Single. One." that ever joined an SOF group regretted it
yeah sure
btw you type like fag.
>>
>>41117323
>Let me tell you this; they all regret it in the end. Every. Single. One.
There is nothing more true about the military than this. It changes from person to person, but everyone finds a reason to regret joining the military in the end.
>>
>>41117358
You can /pol/tard around here all you want with your fallacies and ad hominems, the actual vets here like me know what I mean.
>>
>>41117323
It should get less faggoty now that Mad Dog Mattis is in charge. Still gonna be fighting retarded neocohen wars for the ZOG from the looks of things but whatever, at least it will be combat experience. I don't know anyone who actually regrets joining.
>>
>>41117358
>that ever joined an SOF group regretted it
Anyone who joins the military eventually regrets it, SOF or otherwise. You dont need to be a genius to realize the flashy videos you watch on youtube dont equate to reality.
>>
>>41117391
>You can /pol/tard
thats funny because /pol/ is full of fags that call anyone who served a welfare queen

>here all you want with your fallacies
>the actual vets here like me know what I mean
ironic considering you are using your own personal anecdotal evidence as an absolutism by claiming anyone who as every been in the military has regretted it
>>
>>41117413
Even though at this stage you would expect me to say something like "I hope you join the military and realize how wrong you are", but honestly even I wouldn't wish you to realize this mistake from practice. I still pity you kid, you've fallen for propaganda and it will ruin you.
>>
>>41114113
Read up on Adam Brown. Anything's possible dude.
>>
>>41117429
>I still pity you kid, you've fallen for propaganda and it will ruin you.
spare me with your "no one knows suffering as I have" self righteous bullshit
I know your type, the kind of person who can't commit to getting a degree at college and has no tradable craft so you join reluctantly join the military because you saw it as "your only option", or rather the "easy" way out. The recruiter sweet talked you and you joined not realizing the life style and commitment it required only to wish you were back home rotting away in front you computer, counting the days until you finally get your DD214. You probably also chose some shit job like infantry or joined the marines. So you deeply regret it because you saw the whole ordeal as a huge waste of time and a huge emotional drain on yourself, thinking if you could go back you'd have gone to college but in reality you wouldn't have. The military is filled with hopeless fools that join for the wrong reason and chances are you are one of them.
>>
>>41107047
I don't tell anyone thus because of how absurd it sounds coming from me. I want to fight proffessionally.

Growing up I was always obese and therefore was never good at sports. I'm clumsy and uncoordinated, even when I walk I'm tripping over myself.

But during a rough time in my life I got picked on a lot and lost some weight and got in a bunch of fights. And the weird thing was, when i got into fights things felt right and made sense, It was incredibly naural for me. So I did varsity wrestling for a while and now I'm doing boxing.

In wrestling I was okay, but I was always able to get people's backs and flatten them out even if they were taller and heavier and stronger, I'm just good at that one thing.

In boxing though, I've been to 2 gyms and both coaches immediately commented on my punching power when I worked the bags.

The second week at my current gym the coach saw my bag work and wanted me to do a hard spar with him because he noticed I was a southpaw with heavy hands. He told me to go hard on him and I managed to slip a punch and land a left hook that knocked him off his feet and he told me he wanted me to join the competetive team.

Conveniently my brother is good at jui jitsu and has taught me some submissions and basic techniques.

But point is, every fighting sport I've ever done has felt so natural to me. It's a pipe dream I guess, but outside of a ring I'm a clumsy fuck up and this is the one skill I have. I wanna make something out of it.
>>
>>41107047
I want to become a traveler of some kind that walks down forest paths between cities across entire countries, entertaining with music here and there or the like.
While also being fit af, of course.

>pic related: OC comfy pic
>>
>>41117860
Go for it man. Just know that if you really want to make it professionally it's got to become all consuming. It can't be something that you're just naturally good at, you have to work harder at it than you've ever worked at anything before. You need to be practicing, conditioning, lifting, and whatever else boxers need to do like your life depends on it. Give it your absolute all and you can make it. Anything less and you won't. Good luck dude.
>>
>>41113256
That was for water washing down his throat because his epiglottis didn't work properly. Everybody's nose fills with water when they lean their head back. The reason they make you do a front-flip underwater at the beginning of the 50-meter underwater swim is to fill your nose with water.
>>
>>41109080

In the same boat had 18x.
Would go in e3 because of college, had salty pog friend tell me I was dumb but fuck him he was jealous.
Go from a 18 min two mile to 14 min two mile before even leaving for meps.

Get to meps find out im r/g colorblind which is a no go for army combat mos let alone ranger. Push through and say fuck it ill just go to a marine recruiter after getting cleared since they dont care about it.

Docs find self harm scars from when I was a dyel. Deny it, they bring in the head doc, keep denying it, they threaten to bring in MPs, I panic and cave, they leave and I beg the lady to let it slide tell her how I lost 90 lbs since cutting and burning myself and got my life together. She doesnt care she says some shit like what would you do in my situation and stamps my profile with DQ.

Get reccomended for a waiver. Recruiter says I didnt get it. Not sure if he was bsing or not, but the wound is too fresh for me to deal with it still. Had a 93 on the asvab so you would think he would want to work with me. Then again he was lazy and fucked up my paperwork over and over. Even the staff at meps reception were talking shit about the people from my recruiting station
>>
File: tftCyyx.gif (190KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
tftCyyx.gif
190KB, 500x366px
>>41117411
What the fuck do you know about the military you fucking larper.
>>
>>41118366
>93 on asvab
>cant spell recommended
Riiiight
>>
>>41107047

I'm 21 and I'm trying to get in shape to play baseball at some kind of competitive level, having not played since little league

I think that's probably about as unrealistic as it gets
>>
>>41112207
>20 miles at 4:50 pace

Well OP will have no problem getting into the military so they can research his mutant ass.
>>
>>41116507
I wish to be delta but I realize even if I make it through SFAS I'd fail their selection :(
>>
File: phil-heath-fucking-goals.jpg (174KB, 970x546px) Image search: [Google]
phil-heath-fucking-goals.jpg
174KB, 970x546px
nothing too crazy ijw to look like an offseason bodybuilder thats all >_>
>>
>>41107047
I've been through a large part of the process if you have any serious questions, 2 titanium pins in my shoulder later I'm not a seal, but I didn't quit and I learned a lot and am thankful that I was able to experience what I did
>>
OP youre a fag, your shit dream fucked the thread the moment you posted it you fat fuck.

Now for my shit dream, I want to win the IPF Worlds Championship and then learn to Oly lift and go to the Olympics
>>
>>41119910
These digits will determine the age you snap your back trying to clean a weight you weren't ready for
>>
>>41107047
One arm chinup
One arm pushup
Complete a 10k
Bodyfat of 10-12% while maintaining muscle mass
Start a parkour hide and seek fake fighting quasi fight club thing.
Spend a year alone in the alaskan wilderness and not only survive but thrive.
Go into porn and only do straight scenes and not have to poke some old queers shitter to make it big
Build that kind of body that makes women ashamed of how turned their getting and wonder if rape is going to happen if we're ever alone together.
>>
>>41119883
How far along the pipeline did you make it
>>
>>41108623
>1pl8 bench

Fuck offf I've been going to the gym for a year and still can't do more than 15 pushups or 0.3pl8 fucking just kill myself
>>
File: 1457747411834.jpg (176KB, 496x590px) Image search: [Google]
1457747411834.jpg
176KB, 496x590px
I want to found a biotechnology startup after I graduate, I've wanted to do it since I was a kid. I haven't a clue how I'll do it.
>>
>>41114674
Correctable to 20/20 and like 20/60ish
>>
File: 4870150-3787333936-night.jpg (552KB, 651x1000px) Image search: [Google]
4870150-3787333936-night.jpg
552KB, 651x1000px
>>41107047
I want to be Nightwing. That's literally the only reason I got /fit/. I used to want to be Batman, but I'm not rich, and I'm a manlet. So I figured Nightwing was the more realistic way to go. I'm going to start training Kali/Ekrisma soon.
>>
File: 1492511486049~01.jpg (5KB, 85x178px) Image search: [Google]
1492511486049~01.jpg
5KB, 85x178px
>>41115406
what did he mean by this
>>
>>41112622

Kek no they don't, olympic marathon runners knock out 26 sub-4:30 miles in a row
>>
>>41120132
Just A couple months in, blew my shoulder or so bad I needed a full reconstruction, I got discharged from the military completely. I loved every terrible minute of it and would go back in a second if they would let me, shoulder is good now, it sucks, shit happens there outside of your control that can just take it all away from you, between time before I went in working with a seal mentor, rtc, prebuds and the couple months I was there I put over a year of my life into it to be lost in a fraction of a second
>>
>>41120577
If you had to take a shit in mid evolution
would the instructor let you? or would you have to crap your pants?

Also how well did you eat during BUDs?
>>
>>41108633
Tell more
>>
>>41120228
Well you need some sort of idea. Doesn't need to be a groundbreaking idea all you need to do is improve on something that's already on the market. Also from someone who works at a biotech startup, know that the biotech industry is a slow and expensive process.
>>
>>41120459
He means anybody who is serious about special operations won't be getting their workout advice from /fit/.
1. Fit is primarily a joke, I come here for the occasional laugh while I'm pooping or procrastinating.
2. Fit is usually focused on either powerlifting or asthetics, neither of which are going to help for Spec Ops. Anyone seeking to becoming SO would want to focus on a mix of functional movement, cardio, and the like.
>>
>>41120183
how is that even possible, untrained you should be able to do 20 unless you're fat anon
>>
>>41120627
You wouldn't think about shitting mid evolution, it was literally just never an issue, and the quality wasn't good but I got my calories in, I ate everything I could get my hands on
>>
I want to pick up boxing, but I don't think I am fit enough yet, also I think it's too late for me to get good at it at 19.

It keeps me motivated to do my cardio though so I'll keep deluding myself. I haven't told anyone though.
>>
File: Vegeta-1.jpg (45KB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
Vegeta-1.jpg
45KB, 650x488px
Achieve biological immortality, TFW I successfully cuck death.
>>
>>41121055
Start boxing. Do it now.
>>
lmao im going to be an olympic runner bois
>>
>>41112137

the rainbow flag
>>
>>41120944
can you give advice as to what to do to prepare physically please?
>>
>>41107047
if you really wanna fuck people up become an MP. EVERYONE LOVES A BLUE FLACON.
>>
>>41109080
you join the Merchant Marines, you work 6 months out of the year, while bringing in a years worth of income, then you jump to another ship... or work 2-3 weeks at a time on a coastal tug and make 300 a day.
>>
>>41120688
See >>41116893
>>
>>41119312
Oh please he stumbled on one word. And you have to be borderline retarded to score below a 90 on the ASVAB anyway, stop speaking like its an achievement.
>>
File: 1491428583639.jpg (90KB, 957x621px) Image search: [Google]
1491428583639.jpg
90KB, 957x621px
>>41107047

I wanted to look good.

But by the time I'm getting /fit/, I'm also balding.

FUCK YOU GOD YOU PIECE OF SHIT
>>
>>41118366
If they didn't stop you at the MEPS they would've separated you in boot anyway. I knew I guy who go separated because he had scratches on his arm from playing with a pet that they identified as "self-harm scars"
>>
>>41117129
becoming a PWO these days is very, VERY rare

most islamic terrorists won't keep you alive long if you're captured
>>
I want to retire at 50.

Most people laugh at that goal.

Im going to.
>>
File: moto.png (57KB, 1200x494px) Image search: [Google]
moto.png
57KB, 1200x494px
>>41107047
> starting OCS this summer
> will branch IN
> all roads lead here
>>
>>41121553

Run, run some more, lots of shoulder work, ohp, and do the general push-up/pull ups/sit ups/ burpies/ do them all fucking day, every day, seriously if you think you did enough double it, but remember you will never be prepared, most of making it is mental, they will physically break you, that's fine just don't let them mentally break you and you will do well
>>
>>41116528
It won't be fun, that's for sure. Eventually yeah they'll court martial you, you can do time in military prison and a dishonorable discharge is basically like a felony conviction on your record.
>>
File: IMG_0618.jpg (85KB, 1052x654px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0618.jpg
85KB, 1052x654px
>>41107047
>Tfw father was a Navy SEAL
>Tfw a disappointment
>Tfw Ill never be able to reach the impossible dreams like he did
>>
File: 1469343198998.jpg (333KB, 1124x1038px) Image search: [Google]
1469343198998.jpg
333KB, 1124x1038px
I want to be rich and famous.
>>
>>41123665
>Parent was a SEAL
>Didn't join
Fuck you breh leaving my parents behind is the number 1 thing holding me back
>>
>>41123938
I want to be Marnues Calgar :(
>>
So what are the vision requirements for SOF (non-SEAL)? I've got meh eyesight and minor astigmatism, but I've read that you can go through SFAS and even CCT/PJ training with glasses and get PRK or LASEK when you pass. Everything else is fine with my body (afaik).
>>
decided i wanted to join the marines back in junior year, and finally managed to talk to a recruiter senior year bcus they were always there during lunch hours. couldn't even do a push up or run a mile. i started going to the PT sessions a couple months later, but i fucking sucked compared to everyone else, and couldn't even hang from the pull up bar. i stopped going for a while because i was too ashamed, and then stuff happened and ended up gaining like 10 lbs. i've gotten into contact with my recruiter again, and just started going to PT again last week. pretty much it was all pullups, so naturally i did terrible, and even skipped PT this week because i was too nervous, lol... but i have been going to the gym almost everyday this time, and i've actually been making an effort to cut my calories and even lost 4 of the 10 lbs i gained. i'm hoping to actually stick to it this time and be sworn in by december after losing like 50 lbs.
>>
>>41109807
don't worry I have perfect A levels and still NEET. I just don't want to do anything.
>>
>>41124237
Shit like eye surgery is bad for you and fucks you up more often than not, and the military knows this. They probably won't even take you/keep you in if you get some shit like LASEK. At least, that's what I read when I was looking into vision requires a while ago.

Your vision just has to be correctable to a certain standard. It's different for ever SOF branch. For example Green Berets need you to be correctable to 20/20, Rangers less than that. You have to look into the specific requirements for what you're going for.

It doesn't matter if you have to have your vision be corrected to meet the standard, what matters is that you meet the standard. You'll be wearing some glasses or goggles for safety most of the time if you got in so it's not a problem with having to wear corrective lenses I'm pretty sure.

As long as your eyes aren't COMPLETE SHIT you probably don't have to worry about it.
>>
>>41124237
>>41125609
though you may be disqualified or have to get a waiver for an astigmatism, I can't remember.. This is something you should be doing research on your own about.
>>
>>41107047
I want to join the military with a long prior history of mental illness. I have no idea how I'll get a waiver for it, best I can come up with is showing that I'm a fully recovered individual and doing something like boxing or sports to show that I can cope with stress and challenges.
>>
>>41108275
Same here, inspired me to grow a beard and mullet which I now wear in a ponytail. Been told it suits me, I've got vaguely similar features to him.
>>
Living life to the fullest
>>
>>41117860
Have you read "Holyland"?
Would recommend.
>>
I want to win gold at the Olympic games in weightlifting. 77kg class.
>>
>>41125641
Unless an actual war breaks out, you have zero chance of getting in. I'd look elsewhere for your own sake.
>>
File: 1489554421271.jpg (66KB, 600x823px) Image search: [Google]
1489554421271.jpg
66KB, 600x823px
>>41107047
There are no unrealistic goals, Anon. Just unrealistic timelines.
>>
File: IMG_9723.jpg (30KB, 330x357px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9723.jpg
30KB, 330x357px
>>41116444
I’ll check it out, cheers. I more want to join it for the travel, French citizenship and prestige. We’re all going to make it.
>>
>>41127486
you have to fly to france to join, go through a pre boot camp, boot camp, and then they decide if your qual
>>
>>41109665
Thanks for the laugh dude.
>>
>>41127447
bullshit
Your you going to tell me that if my goal was to lift hard enough to transform into an allosaurus that it isn't unrealistic?
>>
>>41118366
thats what you get for being an attention whoring fag as a child.
everyone who has ever cut themselves should fucking neck themselves.
>>
i'm teaching myself guitar and galactic basic right now. guitar so i can have a creative outlet and a means of socializing (i'm a super loner, and there is literally no type of business outside of corporate offices, bars, and pizza joints in my town. my thought was to start attending open mic nights to build confidence and social skills), and basic because i need to write things down often due to a sometimes unreliable short term memory. my therapist also suggested i start a diary, but i tried that in my teens and i caught my family reading it aloud at a family party when i came home on short notice. i'm gonna go full autist and da vinci my notebooks so no one can actually read my notes/lyrics/plans
>>
>>41129754
NOT with that attitude
>>
>>41117268
>Bulged disc
Are you saying that this is permanent?
>>
>>41116507
Who are these guys? I want to know more about this picture.

Country/unit/year??

Looks very old-school, feels like the 70's with all the moustaches. I like it.
>>
File: 1451194890834.jpg (95KB, 653x490px) Image search: [Google]
1451194890834.jpg
95KB, 653x490px
>>41107047
a gf
>>
>>41133332
Its a pic of SGM Mike Vinning
Some Delta force operator that /k/ has a real hardon for because he's been deployed on covert operations just about all over the World, including Antarctica.
>>
>>41135002
>Some Delta force operator
The GREATEST Delta Force operator
>>
>>41107047
>I want to be a Navy SEAL
>>>/vg/
>>
can I still join the seals if I don't see anything with my left eye? I-I would aim with my r-right one, so there isn't any p-problem, r-right g-guys?
>>
File: yWRigl6B.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
yWRigl6B.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>>41107047
>Be freshman in Highschool
>Always wanted to join the army but was afraid because I'm a skinny-fag.
>Sure I can do pull-ups and push-ups but I'm textbook DYEL
>Parents tell me that perhaps Army isn't my path in life
>Fuck you Mommy I love America
>Spent all of high school working out and bulking up
>No social life cause always working out
>Even missed prom because I was busy improving my 2 mile run time
>End of Senior year, beast of a man
>Rippling muscle and testosterone
>Can't do as many pushups and shit because I weight 225 now but I can deadlfit 500 without breaking a sweat.
>After about 1 week in the Army I realized it /fit/bros
>The horrible truth
>The army...is made up of skinny-fags
>Little fucks that can't bench 1 pl8
>Example
>This little fucker in PT, weighs like 90lbs
>My penis is literally bigger than his bicep
>And he has the most fucking annoying stutter.
>But he can do like 200 push-ups because he weighs jack-shit
>Every single fucking day in PT he would do more push-ups than me
>And this little fucker would come over to me
>And bend his smug ass face down right by my head
>And whisper
>Bbb-b-better luck next t-t-t-time anon.

Long story short OP, don't worry about it. There are no "ARM"s in the Army.
Thread posts: 222
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.