[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /fit/ think about rowing machines? Considering getting one.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: Rowing-Machine-Calories-Burned.jpg (19KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
Rowing-Machine-Calories-Burned.jpg
19KB, 400x267px
What does /fit/ think about rowing machines? Considering getting one.
>>
best compound/cardio exercise
>>
Useless. Buy more weights instead
>>
Bumping for info
>>
I use it to stretch for my compound lifts.
>>
>>41105270
They are probably one of the best cardio machines, but you need to get a decent one (we're talking 800 at least) and actually use is probably, i.e. proper technique
>>
Theyre fucking great and one of the best workouts you can do.

I am pretty decent at running but these machines FUCK MY SHIT UP.

And also they are great for a back pump.
>>
>>41105270
You can be like frank underwood
>>
>>41106104
>>41106075
This, if you do it wrong you can really fuck up your back.
>>
Great way for extremely overweight people to be able to work out
>>
What's everyone's experience with water rowers?
>>
>>41106144
How do you do it wrong?
I row doing HIIT training at the end of my workouts. Pretty fucking good for cutting and getting that cardio up
>>
Im doing SS, does rowing on rest days kill strength for lifting days?
>>
>>41106400
Incorrect technique, it's not exactly difficult to do it right, but you do see some retards
>>
>>41106424
Just don't go hard the days before you do barbell rows
>>
>>41105270
Very good. I row in a rowing club, so 2 days on the water and 2 days on the machine. Get air resistance not water, get one with a computer you can record you gains and distance

feels good man
>>
>>41106075
Why the fuck would he need 800 rowing machines?
>>
>>41106746
kekd way too hard
>>
>>41106424
As rippetoe says, if you're doing cardio on the rest days, you're not doing the program, but your own variation. Not to say it won't work but it's not SS.
>>
This and incline running are the best forms of cardio I've found- they both beast the lungs and heart and use multiple muscle groups

Buying a machine instead of a gym membership is retarded though
>>
What about my asthma?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.