[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Form Check Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Squats check- 140kg, 80kg bodyweight / 5'8

2 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0ps38nIW7nNdWQydUtTWUhYYnc/view

2 https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0ps38nIW7nNdXpYOVN0d2xjOXM

Also how do you get good horizontal angles when recording yourself at the gym? Camera was on a bench but it's still a shitty angle
>>
I say just prop your phone up so that it is upright and distanced about 6 - 8 feet away. It doesn't have to be level to you hips just far out enough to see your full body.

I normally put mine next to some barbell row platform and still get a good angle for my form checking.
>>
>>41103136
looks good, how long you been lifting for?
>>
Looks good, maybe want to keep your upper back a bit tighter by moving your arms closer together along the bar and squeezing your shoulder blades together, but other than that it looks good
>>
>>41103727
1 Year & 4 months now, this is a bit lighter than I normally squat

>>41103780
Good call, back always feels a bit loose so I push elbows back/up butit just makes my traps tight- this makes more sense, much obliged.
>>
On the second video I see your left foot wobbling. It looks like your heel is coming off the floor and your foot is collapsing inward. An optimal squat should have your foot stay firmly pressed against the floor and not make movements like that. Are you wearing running shoes or something else with soft soles that allows your foot to wobble?

Otherwise your form is pretty solid; this is the only thing I can find that ought to be pointed out.
>>
>>41104386
Cheapest pair of flat sole shoes I could find. I think it's more that my knees aren't wide enough or my hips are too far forward. Good spot
>>
>>41104726
Are the soles thin? Even if they're flat, if the sole is more than a few mm thick and soft, they'll allow wobble. Your shoes look like chucks which are popular for having soles that are thin, flat and hard.
>>
>>41103136
When I squat, I feel like my ass dips too low and the bar sometimes comes forward a bit. How do I correct this?

Also, when I do bent over rows, my arms aren't long enough to reach the ground to grab the bar even with a slight knee bend, because I'm a fat dyel and I use babby plates. Because of this, I feel like I never keep my shoulders back far enough and my back bends. What do?

Lastly, on deadlift, how can I be sure I'm not lifting with my arms? Elbows are supposed to be locked or slightly bent?
>>
>>41103136
Get a friendly anon to film.

People take photos for others all the time. This is the same.
>>
>>41105072
>Also, when I do bent over rows, my arms aren't long enough to reach the ground to grab the bar even with a slight knee bend, because I'm a fat dyel and I use babby plates. Because of this, I feel like I never keep my shoulders back far enough and my back bends. What do?
Hips further back. You're probably too upright because your hips and hamstrings are dogshit, would also explain your squat incidentally.

>Lastly, on deadlift, how can I be sure I'm not lifting with my arms? Elbows are supposed to be locked or slightly bent?
Your arms and elbows shouldn't move, your hips move which forces the tension down your legs. No arms or elbows required.
>>
>>41105072
>When I squat, I feel like my ass dips too low and the bar sometimes comes forward a bit. How do I correct this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PlKlGx_8vo

>Also, when I do bent over rows, my arms aren't long enough to reach the ground to grab the bar even with a slight knee bend, because I'm a fat dyel and I use babby plates. Because of this, I feel like I never keep my shoulders back far enough and my back bends. What do?

start from a rack or put some plates on the floor underneath the weight you're lifting to make it higher up.

>Lastly, on deadlift, how can I be sure I'm not lifting with my arms? Elbows are supposed to be locked or slightly bent?

imagine grabbing the bar and trying to bend it, it will force your elbows in and active your lats more.
>>
>>41105228
>>41105254
Thanks bros, can confirm my muscles are likely dogshit everywhere, fat dyel that is gonna make it eventually, just don't wannt to fuck my shit up before then. Appreciate the help.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.