[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hygiene

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: qq_zpszq15ixg8.jpg (78KB, 600x667px) Image search: [Google]
qq_zpszq15ixg8.jpg
78KB, 600x667px
Working out is great and all, but what does /fit/ do for their hygiene regimens? You can have all the gains you want but no bf/gf if you're not clean.

Personally when I get up I like to take a very cold shower for discipline, hair and skin, and blood circulation. I usually use anti-dandruff shampoo and cocoa butter body wash (gives my chest hair good shine). Put some tea tree oil in hair and beard, brush teeth with baking soda toothpaste. Morning and night use oil-free acne face wash and on a weekend I'll exfoliate body and face. Use moisturizing lotion. some nights I'll take a warm shower if I'm too sweaty. Wash/change sheets weekly. Always fresh clothes. Pic unrelated
>>
>>
>>41098887
More is not better, unless you work/live in the dirtiest fucking places.

Use more natural/herbal/mechanical methods like baking soda for shampoo and body wash with a scrubbing item. Use mechanical methods to clean, like scrubbing the face with a rough cloth. Avoid chemicals except for washing the hands. Use something with natural oils only for the skin/scalp if you want something other than mechanical scrubbing.

I hear a charcoal toothpaste is great, oil pulling with coconut oil is great, soft bristle toothbrush, floss both teeth left right not just flossing up and down when cleaning gums, drinking lightly salted water regularly and swooshing with it, tap water has a shit ton of chemicals that dry out the skin and kill microbes that keep you healthy (similar to how gut microbes keep you heatlhy) so avoid showers and use a wet rag and scrubber with baking soda and maybe some natural oil soap/shampoo without any chemicals is better, eat very clean so you don't stink, use an aluminium deodorant only if your body is a terrible odor factory, and use a brush/comb to spread your scalp oils across your hair.
>>
>>41100283
Sorry man, but my methods are actually very-thoroughly researched.

>Use more natural/herbal/mechanical methods like baking soda for shampoo and body wash with a scrubbing item.
(1) Natural or herbal things are not necessarily better than artifical things.
(2) Mechanical methods are generally worse than chemical, more on that in a bit.
(3) Baking soda is alkaline, which damages the mantle of your skin which rests at a pH of around 5.5, which is slightly acidic. Matter of fact, baking soda is so alkaline that it sometimes causes burns on people. For more information on why baking soda is bad for your skin: https://www.reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/comments/195lue/psa_please_do_not_use_baking_soda_on_your_skin_it/
(3.1) Expanding on alkaline materials and your skin; this is why most soaps should be avoided. Soaps like Irish Spring and other common types also have a high pH level, destroying the mantle of your skin. This is why cleansers are advised to be used, because they tend to be more gentle on your skin and within the range of the natural pH of your skin.
(3.2) If you have acne, you want to be sure to keep the mantle of your skin intact because its acidic pH kills off most acne-causing bacteria. By taking a shower with an alkaline soap, you are actually more susceptible to acne-causing bacteria.

>Use mechanical methods to clean, like scrubbing the face with a rough cloth.
This is not cleaning, it is exfoliating, and generally you should be using chemical-based exfoliating methods. Physical exfoliation can be rough on your skin and is uneven. Chemical exfoliation is generally much better at more evenly exfoliating your skin. If you must use physical exfoliation, then try for a very gentle loofah (emphasis on the word gentle). Harsher is not better in skin care.
>>
>>41100423 continued.

As for the rest of your post, I do not know much about dental hygiene. I do know that too much fluoride is bad, since it solidifies itself on your pineal gland, which decreases your hormone levels. Soft-bristle toothbrushes are good, yes. Do not know about the salted water, but does not sound harmful or beneficial, but again, I have not looked into it.

I do not know about the tap water portion, but if you want to avoid showers then use baby wipes instead. Again, avoid baking soda. Stop avoiding artifical products, which are oftentimes much more performant than natural products. Aluminum might be tied to cancer, so I agree that you should only use it if necessary. Yes, well-hydrated hair is a good thing.
>>
poofter general?
>>
>>41100461
It's not non-masculine to care about your hygiene. We live in a world where we are judged based on our physical appearance. It is a genetic disadvantage to not care about your physical appearance.

Of course, do not take it too far and spend hours in front of the mirror, but also do not ignore it.
>>
>We live in a world where we are judged based on our physical appearance. It is a genetic disadvantage to not care about your physical appearance.

But you are contradicting yourself here gay boy. Surely if physical appearence is a desired genetic trait, then NOT taking care of yourself will rid the genofond of those with inherently shit appearence (skin).

Taking care of yourself is an act of masking bad genetics.
>>
>>41100546
By that logic you should avoid working out, seeing as only those who are naturally-built ought to live.

Get off /fit/.
>>
>>41100568
If you want to build genetically advantaged people, yeah, you shouldnt work out.
Thats not what im after tho.
>>
>>41100621
All I'm getting at is that practicing good hygiene isn't non-masculine. I feel like people here are so threatened by their masculinity that they will not do anything deemed "feminine" by society. Being masculine is not giving a shit what others think. I personally enjoy practicing a good hygiene. Makes my skin feel nice.

Also, women love aftercare of you taking care of their ass when you're done spanking it into submission.
>>
>>41098758
Sounds like you slather yourself in a lot of chemical shit. You know that's bad for test...
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.