[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What else should I be doing to tone my abs? 3 times a week I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: abs-work.jpg (60KB, 1000x636px) Image search: [Google]
abs-work.jpg
60KB, 1000x636px
What else should I be doing to tone my abs? 3 times a week I go on a run to lose my bellyfat and then afterwards I do planks, side planks and a hollow body. I've been seeing some results but I'm wondering if anyone has a better way or tips?
>>
Diet is key.
How is your diet? Are you eating a consistent calorie deficit? If not, you won't ever have great abs.
>>
>>41092599
I was 160lbs two weeks ago and now I'm 158 and I have been cutting back on my calorie intake, I wonder if I should be eating carbs like pasta or just more protein though
>>
>>41092583
The best advice fr good abs is to be low body fat.
>>
>>41092625
I know that I have to be low body fat, but I'm worried once I lose my fat that I'll just look like a skinny pencil and that the planks I've been doing would not have been enough and that I should've been doing something other than planks
>>
>>41092625
Replying twice, are the abs more about just not having fat around them or can you actually build them like you would your biceps?
>>
File: 1465471484010.jpg (71KB, 640x654px) Image search: [Google]
1465471484010.jpg
71KB, 640x654px
>(((tone)))
>>
File: 1488941889161.png (36KB, 587x436px) Image search: [Google]
1488941889161.png
36KB, 587x436px
>>41092583
>3 times a week I go on a run to lose my bellyfat

Have you tried yohimbine? Helps tremendously when you're close.
>>
>>41092652
Yeah, you should be doing something other than planks. Static holds, in my not very educate opinion, are only good for toning what's there. You won't really stress your muscles with that...perhaps. Look at many different abs workout videos on youtube and pick up new moves from each one to hit every area of your abs, not just the upper-middle, middle-middle, and lower-middle. Obliques and other things.

>>41092669
You build them like your biceps but unlike biceps which appear as bigger arms despite fat level, if you wanna see what your abs actually look like you gotta get rid of the softness (fat) on top of them.
>>
>>41092652
Also, don't be too proud to look at "beginner" videos. They are GOAT for getting started without demoralizing yourself. You'll feel like thanking me one day so pass it on when you realize the truth of this.
>>
>>41092949
Do you have any recommendations for diff workouts?
>>
>>41092583
I'd say u have to hit them heavy like any other musclegroup. I go for around 10-13 reps, and atleast three exercises per session. Cable crunches, weighted sit ups and leg raises are my go 2s.
>>
>>41092937
No i never even heard of it, shit looks weird
>>
File: thumb-up-terminator pablo M R.jpg (44KB, 500x406px) Image search: [Google]
thumb-up-terminator pablo M R.jpg
44KB, 500x406px
>>41093009
thanks
>>
>>41092583
sandbag
>>
>>41093009
Completely agree with this post. dont listen to the "its just low body fat" and "muh compounds" fags. captains chair leg raise is literally the GOAT exercise.
>>
>>41092982
Nope. I'm still on beginner level because I'm out of practice since leaving high school. I use https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY5Dp0s4IxI right now. The move where she reaches toward her feet is pretty good that I've never done before so that's my only protip. The rest of the more conventional moves you can find by just search ab exercises/workouts on youtube and browsing.
>>
Get a fucking ab roller. Those things are no joke.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.