[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Intermittent Fasting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: vllkyt4dim6eno404.49dff776.jpg (291KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
vllkyt4dim6eno404.49dff776.jpg
291KB, 3264x2448px
How's your fasting routine going /fit/? Talk about successes, failures, give tips, etc.

For me so far I've improved so much in self discipline and weight loss.
>>
>>41084151
bamp
>>
>>41084151
one last shameless bump
>>
eating from 2-9pm at 500 under my TDEE
supplementing carnitine tartrate and CLA

EZPZ
>>
>>41084151
I had great results till I got fairly lean, once I got to around 12% bf it felt unsustainable to me, but I started around 30% so if has been great to me, I just lost all energy on if that low, it definitely works, wish I could still do it honestly but I need to eat 4-5 times a day now to get by spread out pretty well
>>
>>41085800
How long did it take you to drop 18% like that? What was your routine?

I think it's a great weight loss tool but not great to sustain once you've plateaued weight loss potential.
>>
>>41085837
About a year, the vast majority of the change was about 6 months definitely slowed from there, the difference is amazing though. I started with only a 4 hour feeding window 4-8 and doing keto with if, when I leaned out quite a bit and needed more energy in the gym I opened my window to noon to 8 and eventually added back carbs. I workout 7 days a week now was probably 4-5 then, did a power building style routing, focus on big lifts with some bro split stuff factored in after. Still doing a similar weight routine but added cardio 5 days a week, I take a couple days off from it cause fuck cardio, slowly but surely the last couple percent I'm aiming for will come off
>>
I've been doing it for 6 months now. Got used to it at 2 months, but I still get insomnia from time to time (I couldn't sleep very well the first three days). I don't do it all week, however. I take the Saturday off.

My worst days are when I eat apples or melon for dinner. Best days are when I eat papaya, oranges or kiwis.
>>
>>41084151
starting today. Last meal was 7pm last night.
I work as a nurse in the evening shift in a busy dementia unit. My shift begins 2.30pm and goes til 1030pm.
If I stick to a 11am-7pm window, so I get some food in before I do my workout before work, will that be ok?
Also, pic related is my "breakfast".. does anyone know if Nicotine breaks the fast? as far as I know nicotine suppresses insulin secretion and increases blood glucose levels.. im not sure if i'm messing up the benefits of my fast if I indulge in nicotine gum with my black coffee. Thoughts?
6'2 169lbs (not losing fat, just trying to get the other benefits from IF)
>>
>>41085948
By the way, I started with 16/8 with cardio 5 times a week, then switched to 18/6 with cardio and lifting.
>>
>>41085957
It's better to have your feeding hours coincide with your working hours, yes. About nicotine, I'm not really sure. I have no experience with it.
>>
>>41085957
no, I smoke a pack a day. coffee and cigarettes throughout the day. dont worry about it.
dont approach it as the new be all end all thing. just time your meals to fit them into a your window and see how you get by.
I started it when a friend visited me and said to try it out. He had been doing it for half a year and liked it a lot. The next day we just didnt eat till around 4 or, ate a shit ton of food and stopped sometime in the evening. dont obsess over the time all too much, you'll ease into it quickly.
many here need to manage their expectations, you'll be disappointed by everything if you hype yourself so up over things.

I love IF, Ive gotten super lean. gained strength and seemingly didnt lose any muscle. Although I try to eat around 2800-3000 everyday, Im not too strict with it. Sometimes its 2300, sometimes 3500. Still losing fat
>>
>>41084151

I use it as a means to improve diet adherence, because I'm a big eater and this method makes hitting my macros and caloric intake effortlessly, while staying satiated.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.