[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fit/ philosophy thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1490896217038.png (1MB, 801x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1490896217038.png
1MB, 801x3000px
Today a grill asked me why am I hellbent on being my best physically and mentally, and I didn't know the answer /fit/. Why do we do that?
>>
>>41075334
My teens were a time of mental and physical stagnation. It's about always improving myself. It's about being the best I can be. If I'm not doing that I'm wasting my potential, and I'm wasting my time.
>>
>>41075360
"Why is that better than being an average citizen eating doritos and being skinnyfat?" Paraphrasing here
>>
>>41075334
Pic is full of shit m8
>>
If you want a real answer, physical conditioning is probably the hardest thing you can put your own body through, and as a result, the greatest amount of satisfaction comes with it accordingly. Nothing else comes close in terms of personal achievement. I forget who said it, but there's a quote that's along the lines of "a man's body is the greatest outward reflection of self respect", alongside Socrates saying something about how he couldn't see how anyone could live truly without first knowing the extent of ones own body and beauty physically. I ascribe to that philosophy, I have to get ripped and experience what it feels like to truly know I've made the most of this mortal coil.
>>
>>41075334
Me like strong! Me lift big things u r weak! Me strong!
>>
>>41075334
Because you like it?
>>
That´s not something a woman is capable of understanding, Anon.
>>
>>41075728
>Pic is full of shit m8

It's absolute full of shit, I can verify. Too many dumb rules. Just go to the gym and lift until you can't lift anymore, fucking god damn.

Also, cutting out fast food is a bad idea if you're bulking.
>>
File: marble-and-sculptor.png (477KB, 480x481px) Image search: [Google]
marble-and-sculptor.png
477KB, 480x481px
>>41075821
The quote you're looking for is:
“No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
>>
File: man1.jpg (164KB, 800x486px) Image search: [Google]
man1.jpg
164KB, 800x486px
>>41075821
"For the truly fortunate man, his body is a breathing image of his self respect"

Often misattributed to early Greek philosophers, there are earlier appearances of this quote in early China from the ancient Eastern philosopher
>Phial Ma'Dong
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.