[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 42

File: bruce-lee-classic-pimping1[1].jpg (50KB, 360x500px) Image search: [Google]
bruce-lee-classic-pimping1[1].jpg
50KB, 360x500px
I guess this is a now a questions that don't deserve their own thread.. thread.

Just recently started working out. Can someone describe the difference in effort between building muscle and maintaining existing muscle? In my mind, it's the difference going 0-60 in a car and maintaining the speed once you get there. I'm also physiologically illiterate.
>>
I haven't posted here for a while. But a question for you.

I would like to buy a great book on nutrition with comprehensive and up-to-date information. Not so full of jargon so it's too difficult to read, but
full of great information on nutrients, minerals, vitamins, et cetera. For educational purposes.
>>
Can you build muscle and lose fat at the same time or should I be eating at a deficit and training until I've lost my gut, then ramping up my intake for gains?
>>
>>41073825
I think both losing fat and building muscle can only occur at the same time while you're a beginner, although there are some diets which rotate cutting and bulking days. I think those have slower results though
>>
>>41073057
You stop building muscle when you stop progressive overload.

>>41073346
Every author is pushing an ideology, and selectively includes studies that defend their perspective. The nearest thing to objective I can think of is In Defense of Food, and really it's just saying eat natural, unprocessed foods (only things someone would recognize 1000 years ago), eat more plants than meat, and don't overeat.

>>41073825
You can, building muscle is about progressive overload and losing weight is about eating fewer calories. Doing both at the same time isn't fun if you've got a lot of weight to lose, but you can do it.
>>
>>41073057
I always keep my training equally difficult for me, works best imo. But yeah once you gain some muscles you can maintain them with one full-body workout per week
>>
File: 350px-Scouttaunt2.png (57KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
350px-Scouttaunt2.png
57KB, 350x350px
What's an efficient workout to improve cardio, speed and general dexterity?
>>
Okay i've lost 10 kilos in the past 3 months and i want to speed it up. I'm around 210 pounds and 6'2 probably 18-20% bf and want to get down to 15 and less possibly until summer. I want to speed up my cut to get shredded for the first time in my life. I've been lifting for 4 years or so which means i got mass just need to lose the fat.

What do you recommend, should i do it? I was thinking of jumping on keto or lowering calories to like 1500 a day
>>
>>41073996
I did keto and HIIT (boxing) a couple years ago, I've never dropped weight so fast in my life.
>>
File: 1489675819410.jpg (27KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1489675819410.jpg
27KB, 300x300px
I've been doing SL for a month now and have noticed a very small difference in my strength/the way my body look but I feel like I'm not pushing myself enough and want to do a bit more.
The amount of weight I'm lifting in steadily increasing and I feel and look somewhat better but there has to be more I can do.

What accessories can I do on the side that won't affect my progress negatively?
>>
>>41073935
The first two are covered by running (a mix of endurance, tempo, and sprint training in your case). You need to be more specific about what dexterity.
>>
>>41074200
That desire to push yourself really hard in the beginning is what makes 99% of people quit everything they do, be it diets, exercise, music practice, etc. Just stick to the plan for a couple more months then adjust from there.
>>
>>41074242
but everyone at the gym is so much stronger than me.
I want to be strong.
>>
For progressive overload on a routine like PPL are you supposed to be able to add weight/reps to every lift you do that day every time?
>>
>>41074186
how fast and how much did u lose, was it worth it, did u get shredded?
>>
File: Capture.jpg (28KB, 524x578px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
28KB, 524x578px
Are grip training 'devices' worth using?

I have a pretty weak grip and struggle with double overhand grip deadlifts, but I want to push through without using wraps/mixed grip.

Would this help me in any way or is that shit just placebo?
>>
>>41074343
I've had good results using Fat Gripz, anon. My grip is a lot stronger since using them.
>>
>>41074377
Huh, cool. Didn't know about those things. Do you use them in every barbell exercise?
>>
>>41074377
Did you get bigger forearms or just a stronger grip? I want to beef up my forearms (wristlet)
>>
>>41074449
Not on squats, but I use them for everything else.
>>
>>41074496
Forearms got bigger, too.
>>
>>41074501
Yeah, of course. Thanks, $0.02 has been deposited, etc.

I'm gonna buy them, looks like a lot of people are recommending them. I'm a wristlet like the other anon, and I get bad tendonitis when putting the bar down or lowering it during barbell curls, so hopefully this would help me out.
>>
Is vapeing safe, I know it isn't 100% healthy (What is) but can it be pretty harmless?
>>
>>41074565
With nicotine or without?
>>
>>41074523
I don't know if they will help with tendonitis, but I know that your grip will get stronger.
>>
>>41074578

Well, say I am not a smoker, it would be smart to only ever start without nicotine right?

Unless there is some odd thing where if you don't use nicotine, an even worse substitute is used.
>>
I think I have disproportionately more fat around my gut, is there any way to lose this quicker or could it always be disproportionately more?
>>
>>41074600
having a dildo in ur mouth should be enough of a reason to not do it
>>
Is the "stripped" version of 5x5 (the one on the sticky) and cardio between those days a good plan for someone who wants to lose weight then get ripped?
>>
>>41074343
I need to have a copy paste for this shit, but I'll go over the basics and where to look for more shit.

For an overview of what grip strength entails look into ironmind. It's almost like a whole other body with its own set of compounds to work. Pic related are some of the basic concepts to consider with a well rounded grip workout. They have a nice range of equipment, their grippers are also the standard.

For more old timey style equipment related to short metal bends and odd object holds the most comprehensive supplier is David Horne. Where Iron Mind lack in adjestable training equipment for grippers and metal bends, Horne has a comprehensive set of adjustable tools. His odd object stuff is also F U N C T I O N A L, for example if you're into climbing it's very good for single hand deadlifts.

Also obligatory mention of the Ivanko supergripper and its clones. With decent springs you won't max it out ever. Unlike Horne's gripper it's harder on the close but easy on the start so the two of them complement each other nicely. Horne's gripper is far far more flexible with accesories like the thumb screws too.
>>
I did my first day in gym last Saturday and now every time i open my arm there is a popping noise in the elbow. I can feel the bones connecting as well. It doesn't hurt but it's annoying as shit. Is it something to do with stress or something i need to do differently (did dumbbells at 5kg)
I'm going gym tomorrow and will definitely be doing warm ups and stretches.
>>
File: Untitled_Panorama1-1.jpg (273KB, 2000x1569px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled_Panorama1-1.jpg
273KB, 2000x1569px
Any other homegym bros lurking?
>not a real question just gearfaggin my shit around now that everything is set up
>>
File: OUcEY.png (47KB, 547x465px) Image search: [Google]
OUcEY.png
47KB, 547x465px
>>41073057

Please, which days should i add dips, curls and ab wheel/leg raises
>>
>>41075039
Abs should i do front squat on Friday?
>>
got an ab wheel last week, how many reps should I be doing?
>>
So I am deep into a cut. Several months deep, getting extremely lean with just maybe 1-3 lbs of stubborn fat left.

My cravings went through the roof and I've been bingeing on junk for the past 3 days. It's like 2 hours later from my last binge and I am looking lean, like my body just absorbed that food without bloating for some reason.

How does this happen? I used to binge and be watery and bloated for like 2 weeks.
>>
>>41073935
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPL487ToJt8

pretty masochistic desu
>>
>on a cut
>bad sleep
>supposed to go heavy today

I feel like this is a recipe for failure. Should I go lighter?
>>
Am a whale girl that's gonna kill herself tomorrow but decided to pop in here to check it out and ask one single question:

Is it possible to "cut" and lose weight without taking metmorfin? I'm not diabetic but I do have a """slow metabolism""" and PCOS which according to doctors I could drink water and gain a pound which honestly sounds like horseshit but idk enough to not dispute it. I'm
>240lbs
>5'5"
>23
And aware I'm gonna die an ugly virgin but idk if I should actually try or just kms like I've planned. What do you think /fit/
>>
>>41074826
room seems a bit narrow but im mirin that pull up bar and desk
>>
>>41075069
3x amrap (2 before failure)
>>
File: 4T453453456.jpg (77KB, 960x535px) Image search: [Google]
4T453453456.jpg
77KB, 960x535px
>>41074222
Footwork for things like soccer, for instance.
>>
Will I have cep's to flex on SS
>>
>>41075203
Give it a try and I'm sure you can if you really want to. You can always kill yourself some other time
>>
>>41075203
I don't have PCOS or any knowledge of it so take anything I say with a grain of salt.

I believe almost any disorder or problem can be cured or at least managed well with an appropriate diet and exercise. Try your best to eat well and exercise and you will get it under control.

Also although you have PCOS and it may be harder for you to lose weight, I doubt that's why you're 240 lbs and that it's keeping you from slimming down.
>>
>>41075203
Eat less and you will weigh less. Try that first
>>
>>41075424
I probably didn't add enough words to that but nah I don't blame my weight on PCOS, I have a shitty diet. I don't eat out/drink soda more than twice a month but I do fuck up my eating schedule a lot which leads to binge eating thus the weight gain. Or actually I havent gained a pound in like a year now, I just don't lose any. Which of course fucks up my brain and makes me stop "dieting" for the two weeks I try before I give up. It's all my fault desu which makes it harder I guess
>>
>>41075203
if you lose the weight without killing yourself to make it rot off you, i'll put my penis on your dad's face while he's sleeping and you can watch and wake him up if you want.
>>
185 cm
80 kg

Dead: 120 kg
Squat: 100 kg
Bench: 60 kg
Row: 60 kg
Press: 50kg

Can I start an oly program? Should I wait until I'm stronger?
>>
>lose one and a half pounds of bodyweight after taking a piss

this means i'm not drinking enough water, doesn't it?
>>
Should I lift with a hernia?

Seeing the doctor next week and I'm guessing surgery will be within a week or two later.

I've already skipped one day but I feel like a lazy sack of shit now. What should I do?
>>
Will caffeine pills break a fast?

What about expired nasal spray?

Jenkem?
>>
>>41075514
Motherfucker if you didn't drink enough water would your body put you at even more risk by pissing out 1,5 pounds of what little would be left?
>>
>>41075577
no dude use your arms
>>
>>41075613
y-yeah. mine would. you don't know what you're talking about man, leave me alone.
>>
>>41075601
no

>>41075490
maybe hit 1/2/3/4 first? although it would be fine to start now but your bench seems to be lacking slightly.
>>
So I went to up my diddly to 120kg. The actual lifting was fine, however, my fingers just could not hold the bar for multiple reps. How do I get better grip?
>>
>>41075863
to help:
try mixed grip, straps, hook grip, chalk

to improve grip strength:
farmers walks, wrist curls
>>
is there a point where my heart rate will stop sinking? Even before lifting I had a rather low heartrate (50-60) with a 100/60 pressure, but now after a year of lifting+cardio im regularly down to the low 40s (with 115/70).
Subjectively i feel better with a higher heartrate, but i don't really want to take caffeine all the time, are there any alternatives?
>>
>>41073057
How do I achieve bruce lee mode?
>>
>>41075906

low heartrate = efficiency

learn to love it.
>>
what happens if I do my usual routine weight-wise but with less repetitions and much shorter breaks? are my gainz in danger? I was in a rush today
>>
Any tips for lowbar squats for a beginner? I just started squatting last week, and the past couple of work outs I've been stuck at 95. Just eat more? I've been cutting for the past 3 months, so maybe that's why my progress is shit.

Also, near the end of my sets when I'm struggling I cave my knees, any tips for avoiding that? Is it better to just collapse on the safety bar then cave the knees to get the bar up?
>>
Been really dry for a while now. Worth it to maybe not jerk off for like 1-3 days and visit a hooker for a blowjob. What do you think?
>>
>>41076233
Btw just to edit good looking hooker here costs 35-50 euros for 30 min
>>
So I was jumping rope on thursday. Like, REALLY hard. It was the first time I jumped this intensely.
Because of my ankles have been hurting for two days now. When I'm moving them around I mean.
It's fine when I'm just walking though.
Is that normal?
Did I just overwork my ankles?
What are some good ankle stretching exercises?
>>
>>41076569
Sounds like DOMS if it's just when you move them, is it a sharp pain or a dull pain? Is it actually your ankles or more towards your calves?
>>
>>41073057
This might be a dumb question.

Is there an age where you just get too old to workout? I'm not talking 80's, 90's, but is my body just destined to go to shit in my 40's and 50's? Can I always look fit /fit/?
>>
>>41075514
That means you're drinking a lot of water you fuckhead
>>
File: bigankles-500.jpg (52KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
bigankles-500.jpg
52KB, 500x400px
>>41076607
The pain in most definitely dull.
My ankle mobility is garbage too (I can't comfortably squat with my heels on the floor)
>>
>>41076644
Sounds like DOMS to me, just give it a couple of days, if it doesn't go away, go to a doctor.
>>
>>41075577
No dude nobody gets operations for hernias anymore wtf. Read any evidence based ressource. You must be americain.
>>
>>41076661
Alright, thanks anon, appreciate it
>>
File: 13633755552.png (680KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
13633755552.png
680KB, 960x720px
Is it possible to steal a girl from her boyfriend? This girl that I've been talking to has shown some signs of interest.

For example, I took her out one time, but then some shit happened and I didn't talk to her for about a week, and she went around and asked some people if I hated her.

She also showed a lot of interest when she found out I was interested, as we subtweeted each other, before we had met. (This was confirmed by a mutual buddy)

However, she's taken, but I'd like to change that. Obviously, I'll talk to her some more to see if I truly like her, but I'd like to know if anyone has general advice for this sort of thing. I've been lucky enough in life to only go after girls who haven't been taken yet, so this is a foreign idea to me. Should I even attempt this? Should I just stay flirty friends and then pounce if they break up?
>>
My posture is shit. When I'm not lifting I'm sitting on the computer. How will this affect me and how do I fix it?
>>
>>41076736
This is exactly for you
http://kaasplateau.com/stretches.pdf
>>
when will i start seeing results
>>
>>41076671
So wtf am I supposed to do? I mean it hurts and it's red. Why shouldn't I get hernia surgery?
>>
what is the optimal amount of trains per week?
>>
I've been doing Stronglifts for about a month and my OHP (lmao85lbs) has stalled for the last two times I went to the gym. Any tips?
>>
>>41078236
Do more volume of lower weights.
>>
I'm on a cut and I want to use creatine (I know), but I've been noticing my dad has been getting more bald as he ages. I fear that I might be genetically predisposed to male pattern baldness later in life. So is the whole "creatine causes hair loss" just a meme?
>>
>>41078236

Read the program. If you fail to increase the weight a third time, drop the weight by ~10% and work your way back up.
>>
File: 255413_2.jpg (160KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
255413_2.jpg
160KB, 2000x2000px
>>41073057
I take pic related. Should I take one everyday or one every other day, considering it gives 200% of the daily amount per tablet?
>>
>wants to start doing oly lifts
>commercial gym
>no space, no structure
>can't drop weights

shit, should i just buy a shitty bar and plates and do it at home?
>>
Hey guys I was wondering how long it would take me to gain about 20 ibs of muscle as a new lifter. I can't get any estimate that seems remotely the same.
>>
>>41078656

dawg you're going to be fucking up your bar/plates/floor if you fail a lift and you will. you need actual oly shit (bumper plates) and a legit platform to practice with. search around for a good gym (where they train sports teams) -- they're hard to find but they are out there.
>>
>>41076816

I noticed small changes after around 3 months
>>
>>41076696

Done something like this is the past and it ended up in a shitfest.
Had an affair with a girl in a relationship and wanted her to break up with her boyfriend to be with me officially.
She ended up not wanting to do that because it would have apparently "broken his heart" so I just left her.
Dude later found out that she cheated and obviously broke up.
In the end everyone lost.
>>
What are the top number of meals i can replace with chia seeds to lose weight but not muscle?
>>
why is zyzz's trip still banned?
>>
File: 1490808625769.jpg (65KB, 572x772px) Image search: [Google]
1490808625769.jpg
65KB, 572x772px
Is losing weight too quickly (more than say 1kg/week) always bad for the body and muscles, even if the weight loss is driven by excercise.

I'm trying to get rid of excess bf @ 2500 kcal/day diet trough cardio on rest days.
>>
File: lmao2pigs.jpg (58KB, 500x679px) Image search: [Google]
lmao2pigs.jpg
58KB, 500x679px
Is sucking the nitrous oxide out of a whip-cream can more healthy than eating the whip cream?
>>
>>41079511
No. If you're fat you can (and should) lose more (i.e. over 25 or 30% bf dependong on weight and how you're measuring it). Also initial weightloss is mostly waterweight so everyone should begin losing several kilos in the first week or two. If you're thinner/smaller so less weight or bf, you need to be more careful about it, but you can still lose more weight one week and then set it to a more sustainable level after.

What people ought to be converned about is skin dryness/stretchmarks. They are however more worried about loose skin. Most of the time loose skin is just a layer of fat still to lose (not always just mostly) so rarely something to worry about long term. And if it is something to worry about you've probably already been committed to that fate before losing any weight.
>>
>>41075203
>I'm gonna die an ugly virgin
Post pics so we can judge.

Also eat less and move more and you WILL lose weight, even if you eat ice cream and don;t do any intense exercise. Alternatively just chop off a leg.
>>
Why do some people say you should work the abs every day? Does it not need rest like every other muscle? I do 100 flutter kicks and 100 bike kick every other day, plus 2x1 min plank, is that enough?
>>
>>41079661
I'm currently at about 18% bf and aiming for 10. I'm mostly concerned about muscle loss, which I know is a problem with low kcal diets, but I'm not sure if it also applies to high kcal diets combined with a lot of cardio.
>>
>>41075906

Workout masks might help
>>
Which version of the pushup is best for targeting the chest?
>>
>>41079848
Depends. Many will say wide or those heart ones, the real trick tho is going as low as possible. So set up some chairs or gym rings so your chest isn't stopped by the floor.
>>
>>41079848
>>41079861
I do wide grip (crucifix) with feet elevated.
>>
>>41079861
>>41079868
Alright, thanks!
>>
>>41076916
Oh, wait you're not talking about a spine hernia right? More like an inguinal one
>>
>>41079771
Because people are idiots.
>>
>>41073057
will training obliques give me a thicker core?
>>
>>41079771
just do 4x8-12 weighted leg raises,treat it like any other lift

no need to do 100 reps stuff,waste of time
>>
>>41073825
Honestly this guy: >>41073877 isn't wrong but I think the best thing to do is to increase weight for your first 1-3 months of training then when you're pretty sure you've achieved all your ez-mode beginner gains just maintain that level of intensity while eating at a defecit.

It's simply too difficult for the average person to lose body fat and gain lean muscle consistently over long periods of time. If you substitute carbs with protein you won't be able to exercise with the vigour and intensity you need and when you substitute protein with carbs you won't have the protein to build the muscle you need.

The only people who are generally able to do both at the same time are people who are highly paid, and have a plethora of resources at their disposal. Actors and professional bodybuilders. Gaining lean mass while reducing body fat would require a near-perfect balance of macros, not only that, but it would require near-perfect timing in terms of how long you wait to exercise after eating certain foods.
>>
When buying greek yoghurt for protein is there any specifics I need to look for on the container? Or do i just get any random one
>>
>>41080194
The one with the most protein for the cheapest price. Fage or Elomas is usually my choice.
>>
>>41080203
sweet thanks
>>
File: Joe-Rogan.jpg (72KB, 1090x614px) Image search: [Google]
Joe-Rogan.jpg
72KB, 1090x614px
>>41073057
Tell me about stretching bois.
My lifts are going nicely but my mobility isn't that great, for example I feel like I would deadlift better if my hamstrings weren't so tight. Is there a stretching routine (preferably morning or after workout) for this or should I just do yoga like some kale diet housewife LA trash.
>>
>>41074826
dude... tell me you're on the ground floor
>>
I tried doing planks recently. did 3 sets of 60 seconds and felt absolutely nothing, maybe my arm getting tired towards the end. I could see my reflection and was gradually twitching every muscle a quarter of an inch just to make sure my form was totally perfect.

next time I tried 1 minute and 15 seconds and holy shit at like 1:10 my whole body felt like it was caving in. my entire core was trembling and I couldn't breathe. I held it and at 1:30 I collapsed on the ground, a gasping mess, just laying face down for a few seconds.

is this normal? ie. planking fine for 1 minute no problem then very suddenly feeling the INSANE workout in your core for the last 10 seconds
>>
>>41080237
I just do some good mornings or rdls before deadliftan to wake up my hams

more recently I've relied on half body weight good mornings 3 sets of 10 reps as a warm up
>>
>>41080272
yea they all of a sudden just give out

>>41080237
https://sin.thecthulhu.com/library/fitness/PNFStretching.pdf

>>41080168
it will give you thicker obliques
>>
>>41080173
Cheers guy.
>>
Have been doing a 5*5 routine as a complete dyel for the last 4 months and progressing fine. Now I injured me legs and need to give anything involving them a rest. I wish to go all in on upper body for the next 4 weeks. Any ideas?
>>
Basic question: does 3 sets of 5 reps mean you do 5 reps, then rest and do another 5 or do you go onto another exercise and do 5 reps of that?
>>
>>41080375
do 5 reps, rest if you have to, another 5 reps, then last 5 reps. that's 15 reps total of 3 sets.
generally you do it for the same exercise until you finish it unless you're doing supersets or something.
>>
>>41080375
>do 5 reps, then rest and do another 5
This. Normally.

Unless you're doing supersets, circuits or whatever.
>>
Is it possible to combine high intensity cardio (40+ mins, 12+ km/h) and build muscle with weight training? Or will cardio instantly burn off all muscle gains? I really like running and I want to keep a decent pace during running, but I don't want to become a spoopy skelly either.
>>
>>41080448
just eat more

it's that simple
>>
>>41076696
Not worth it. Best case, you get a girl that most likely cheated on her boyfriend with you, meaning she's likely to cheat on you as well. Worst case she strings you along, cheats on her boyfriend with you, but in the end won't leave him.
>>
How do you build energy to carry on? It's just my second time in the gym after 7 days and I'm more tired already than i was on the first day of the gym..
>>
Should I take creatine pre or post workout? hodgetwins reckon post but I'm unsure as to if they know there stuff
>>
Rack pulls: above or below the knee? Does it matter?
>>
>>41080536
To my understanding, timing literally doesn't matter at all because it's stored in muscles or something like that
>>
>>41080539
Where is your sticking point on the deadlift?
>>
>>41080639
Trouble at lockout. Reading through weaknesses, it seems like it's probably my lower back/glutes that are weak on the movement
>>
>>41080673
well then don't worry too much about starting below the knee
>>
File: IMG_20170415_140509.jpg (1MB, 3072x4096px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170415_140509.jpg
1MB, 3072x4096px
What's wrong with my knees, /fit/? When I point my toes forward my knees go inward and when I put my knees forward my toes point outward.
I'm thinking I might be bow-legged, but it doesn't look as extreme as in some other people, it looks more like misalignment.

Is there a way to fix this? Should I change my form on lifts like the DL and squat to compensate?
>>
>>41080340
don't, stick to the program but just avoid all legs.

>>41080515
the more you do something the more your body gets used to it, so carry on.

>>41080905
bump for this, i have the exact same thing, with added knee pain and i'm wondering if its caused by this
>>
Is it ok to eat lots of bananas? Or do they have too much sugar?
>>
>>41081006
Most sugar in raw whole fruits isn't absorbed by the body because it's stuck in bubbles of plant fibre we can't digest. Sometimes bacteria in the gut get through it and it helps feed them tho.

Don't go overboard but otherwose I wouldn't worry too much.
>>
>>41081035
I had no idea, thanks.

What if I blend them to make a shake? Would that liberate the sugars and thus be digested?
>>
File: IMG_20170415_134742119.jpg (4MB, 3006x5344px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170415_134742119.jpg
4MB, 3006x5344px
>>41073057
Bulk or cut?
>>
File: IMG_20170415_140652.jpg (927KB, 4096x3072px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170415_140652.jpg
927KB, 4096x3072px
>>41080952
>bump for this, i have the exact same thing, with added knee pain and i'm wondering if its caused by this

Mine is a slight pain, I usually have clicking in the back part of the right knee (pinched area of pic related). I usually get it when running or at the leg press. It doesn't really bother me that much since its very dull, but I'm worried if it will get worse.

Is it the same for you?
>>
>>41078426
Pls help
>>
>>41081103
Every other day
>>
>>41074826
bretty comfy training cave
>>
>>41081046
lift
>>
What's the difference between dumbbell overhead press and barbell overhead press in terms of muscles engaged?
>>
>>41081177
I am lifting goddammit
Currently doing IF and eating at a deficit with high protein everyday
>>
File: 1429536627380.jpg (553KB, 1125x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1429536627380.jpg
553KB, 1125x1500px
>>41081193
look at this pic
>>41081211
what's up then? you look like a pre-schooler. if you want gains, don't starve yourself.
>>
>>41075203
Water only fast under doctor supervision until you die or look the way you want.

Make it a slow suicide or a success story.
>>
Is there any reason i shouldn't workout after dinner? I don't have a lot of free time
>>
If you drank 2 litres of water and 1 litre of sparkiling water, is it roughly the same as 3 litres of water?
>>
Just got my first piece of weightlifting equipment. What are good exercises and lifts that you can do with a kettlebell?
>>
>>41080839
Thanks m8
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
Did the russian squat program and got a bigger squat, now i want to do the program again. Think I will do a deload week inbetween, what can i do that wont make me lose my squat gains?
>>
I need a quick check, guys

all my lifts go up in weight and I gain weight.

there's no need to change anything , right ?
>>
>>41082436
you dont actually have to gain weight to get stronger
>>
I want to do calisthenics along with lifting.

How to combine training days for optimal results? Im doing 3 days gym 1 rest.

I was thinking of combining bodyweight with muscle groups in gym, i.e pushups on chest day, pullups on back etc.
>>
>>41074626
Can anyone help this guy I've the same problem
>>
>>41074626
Less sugar and less refined carbs like white flour. Idk if it's true or not but my anatomy teacher told us that they are digested so fast they get turned into fat and get placed in your mid section because it's your center of gravity. A small amount of cardio would help too for better fat deposits.
>>
File: 1491756670500.png (421KB, 744x694px) Image search: [Google]
1491756670500.png
421KB, 744x694px
i started cutting about 3 weeks ago and I've already lost 3.4kg, starting at about 18-20% bf. Is this too fast? I haven't noticed a drop in muscle yet fwiw
>>
>>41073935
Look up athlete.x by cody bidlow and watch his videos and read some of his posts. Incredible guy helped me decrease my 100m from 12.3 to 11.5
>>
>>41073825
Don't cut. Gain
>>
What should you be able to lift to no longer be a beginner?
>>
>>41074266
Look into 3-2-1 wave sets. They will no doubt beat the ever living shit out of you way more than any 5x5
>>
>>41075162
Just skip today and do cardio, reschedule leg day if that's what you'd have today.
>>
>>41081103
Dude you don't want that much zinc. Ever. 7.5 mg is like the max for zinc, read up on it. Too much zinc fucks you up bad. I had weird dreams and shit
>>
>>41082776
Do keto, preserves more muscle.
>>
File: 1485447431189.jpg (59KB, 846x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1485447431189.jpg
59KB, 846x1024px
>>41082977
>he fell for the keto meme.
>>
i have pain inside my knee, prolly started after squats

it happens in the flexed 15-20 degrees when im trying to extend my knee, and nowhere else
why does it happen and how to fix it?
>>
Should a beginner be squatting high bar or low bar?
>>
>>41073057
I have been doing bro splits for 8 months now but i want to improve my weights and get slightly bigger. Would SS with accessories help even if im not beginner anymore?
>>
does greyskull LP switch from 3x5 to something else after awhile? like 1x5?
>>
Should I still eat the same as the sticky recommends me (16-18*(Current bodyweight)) if I'm doing calisthenics instead of lifting?
>>
I know generally people eat a lot as they're bulking up and you can't get strong if you're skinny and sticking to a small diet, but if I'm overweight (fat, flabby, whatever) on a small diet can I still make the usual gains in strength - all else being equal? I'll be using whey for the protein my current diet isn't giving (I eat some but not much)
>>
https://twitter.com/Cocky_Sparrow/status/853186734451957760

can someone tell me if there's any benefit in what's being done in this video or is it just an act to show strength? it looks dangerous for your back, potentially neck too.
>>
File: tower_climbin_ted.jpg (94KB, 961x604px) Image search: [Google]
tower_climbin_ted.jpg
94KB, 961x604px
I tried out mixed grip deadlifts for the first time yesterday. I've always done them double overhand, and was surprised to have a lot more stability with a mixed grip.

My concern is, could mixed grip cause an imbalance with prolonged use?
>>
Can someone tell me to get back on the bike and bike those last 200 calories?
>>
>>41084879
Dont be a bitch just do it.
>>
What was zyzz's routine?
>>
>>41084905
thank you anon
order me to do 400 calories more please
>>
>>41073057
I saw this guy 40-55 (can't tell cause he was black) and he had a great deal of muscle and definition on him. But it looked like flabby muscle like it was literally falling off his body. Wtf is this? Years of steroids? A failed cycle? Genetics? Just old age?
>>
>>41081633
subtract the sparkles
>>
Anyone of you do front squats? Starting a new program and can barely bend my wrists to grip the bar. How do you do it?
>>
>>41080183
Or average people who know what they're doing.
>>
>>41080237
Pref don't stretch before deadlifting... do those movements with lighter weight to warm up... static stretch after workouts or before bed. Start with what's most sore then move onto other stretches, then finish with what's most sore again. I'm not gonna sit here giving you a specific sequence figure that shit out. Hold the stretches for as long as is comfortable. Minimum 30 seconds. Do 2-4 sets. Also know stretching can give you doms so be careful how and when you stretch. If you want to hit your body hard in terms of stretching for like an hour or two, make sure the next day is a rest day.
>>
>>41085348
Use light weight or just the bar to work the movement.
>>
>>41084862
yes, alternate each workout
>>
>>41084853
anyone?
>>
>>41084862
Yes but you just switch up the grip each set or workout. Also look up torn bicep videos a lot of them are lifting HEAVY with that grip. Just don't push yourself to the limit is all I'm saying or you'll be more prone to injury.
>>
>>41084281
____________________________________________________________________________________
Just fucking answer
>>
>>41084879
I bike 15-30 miles 2-3x a week for 2-3hr sessions, on a bmx bike, in 90-115F weather and sand and shit blowing everywhere. No excuses.
>>
>>41074826
literal cocoon mode. miring
>>
>>41084853
Pulling motion from a lower position pulling it up over you as fast as you can.

Helps grip, deltoid, shoulders and blade area. Also biceps/arms and whole back in play. Also the dude kinda hops out of the rep.

Benefit? Exerting strength with the goal to gain it. Risk? Not much.
>>
>>41083591
Go for 10-20 rep sets. Up the calories. 5x5 may get you some more muscle but that's mainly for strength gains.
>>
>>41083170
Your body isn't used to taking that weight load in that movement. Decrease weight like use just the bar. Correct your lift that way.

Be sure to warm up with no/light weight. Jogging or cycling can help your knee health and conditioning. Do this any time.
>>
>>41085518
Will i get some strength gains if i start SS after 8 months of lifting?
>>
>go to sleep in the evening
>have normal looking pecs
>wake up
>have saggy manboobs
is this normal?
>>
What is the absolute best way to add mass and strength to arms?
>>
>>41085784
Sodium + water
>>
>>41085882
exercise
>>
File: 8TI7RQv.jpg (15KB, 551x321px) Image search: [Google]
8TI7RQv.jpg
15KB, 551x321px
Is this a good ratio of protein / carbs / fat? I'm 6'2 @ 175 lbs rn
>>
At what weight for OHP or bench is it acceptable to wear wrist wraps?
>>
Is clean grip or crossed-hand balancing better for front squats?
>>
>>41086030
Whichever works for you
>>
So I started doing Keto a couple of weeks ago, but decided today to purchase a fiber supplement to help with "things".

After taking the recommended dose, I noticed that there are 4g of insulin in each serving. Is this going to knock me out of ketosis and is it possible to get fiber supplements without insulin added in?
>>
when eating at tdee maintenance it doesnt matter what you eat just as long as you dont go over it right?
>>
I know rest is essential for muscle growth, but is there a reason to rest between push days and leg days? i've been consistently doing them 2 consecutive days
>>
>>41087181
from what I've gathered here, there's more to it than calories in vs calories out.

the obvious reason is macros. you need to meet your protein goals if you expect to build muscle.

but I've also noticed an improvement in my body from cutting out fast food. I used to eat 2 mcdoubles for dinner very often (800 cals) but moved to turkey burgers for the same amount of calories, slightly more protein. for whatever reason, I think I look a lot better despite getting the same amount of cals.

there's also the notion that unhealthy foods aren't filling and calorie dense, meaning you're more likely to cheat on your diet. if you have very strong will power this isn't a concern but just something to think about.
>>
>>41087244
alright thanks
>>
>>41085911
get way more protein. I'm same weight and eating 2k cals, getting an average of 160g of protein.
>>
>>41084478
yes, they're called beginner gains and it's a result of your brain learning how to use certain muscles effectively. use whey all you want but don't eat shit because "my diet is shit"; change it if you don't get enough protein
>>
My arm strength is really uneven, if I use dumbell curls instead of barbell curls in my routine using my weak arms max rep for both arm will that effectively even out my arm strength?
>>
I started doing chinups to get the strength to do pullups. I went from not being able to one chinup to do 8 full chinups. But still, I can't perform 2 full pullups. What gives?_?
>>
>>41087457
chinups dont use the same muscles as pullups.
>>
>>41087500
According to Starting Strength they do. The difference with a chin up is you're using your biceps which gives you the ability to lift more
>>
Last week someone asked me unironically if I lift

been lifting for 2 years
210 bench
310 squat
355 deadlift
170 bw

do i give up now?
>>
>>41075098
>So I am deep into a cut. Several months deep, getting extremely lean with just maybe 1-3 lbs of stubborn fat left.
>My cravings went through the roof and I've been bingeing on junk for the past 3 days. It's like 2 hours later from my last binge and I am looking lean, like my body just absorbed that food without bloating for some reason.
>How does this happen? I used to binge and be watery and bloated for like 2 weeks.

Give it a few days and you will see it.
>>
HIIT: better on an empty stomach or full one?

Surely an empty one, since your body is forced to burn fat over available energy from food.
>>
>>41087575
SS is wrong

Pull ups are almost entirely a back exercise
Chin ups are almost entirely a bicep exercise

If you want to get better at chin ups I would recommend doing some more back work, particularly your lats.
>>
>>41087582
Seems like very reasonable numbers for 2 years natty, maybe with a flawless diet sleep and training you could add a bit. Keep grinding
>>
>>41073057
what month should one start bulking? i started lifting in march as skinnyfat and i am trying to lower my bf% for the summer then try and clean bulk after
>>
>>41088026
Dont worry about it

Just bulk until you look bad then cut
>>
At keto should i eat at deficit , mainteinance or as much as i want ? And how does it affect gains if im still lifting 5 days a week and add hiit ? Can i eat vegetables or fruits ?
>>
File: wat do.jpg (55KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
wat do.jpg
55KB, 800x600px
>>41073057
should I keep cutting or try to maintain?

t. /fit/ newbie
>>
>>41087913
Already searched about this , better do it after you eat , making it before can add a little to almost none benefits in loosing weigth but its gonna be more difficult due to the lack of glucose while after eating you can have a better session with more energy.
>>
File: wat do pt 2.jpg (62KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
wat do pt 2.jpg
62KB, 800x600px
>>41088101
cont
>>
>>41088132
Why would you maintain that?
>>
File: 1460115589005.png (30KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1460115589005.png
30KB, 657x527px
>>41088148
like gain muscle lose fat idk im retarded
>>
>>41087582
I hope you are at least making like 8-10 to 12 reps with those numbers and eating a surplus of 500 calories and 1 g of protein per lb of bodyweigth
>>
Why when i use the lateral raise machine i can feel my side delt burning but i dont feel the same with dumbells ,i try to make every rep almost perfect but nothing , should i change to use the dumbells sitted?
>>
>>41088160
Cut it all and lift.
>>
>>41073057
How do you guys do it? How do you have the motivation to go every single day to the gym and not end up quitting? Unfortunately my life has been insanely boring this year and I have 0 hobbies except for drawing. I have everything I need to go to the gym but fail after about a week of going. Somebody please help. I want to be fit like you all but it just seems like way too much could go wrong.
>>
>>41088422
Also I am really skelly, so the hardest part isn't even an aspect for me, I'm just weak...
>>
>>41088101
>>41088132
Cut until you can see your abs then clean bulk or maintenance
>>
bodyhair increased since i started lifting
why?
>>
How come people can do multiple push ups of their own bodyweight, but have to train to like intermediate to get a bodyweight 1RM for bench press? Isn't one basically a flipped over version of the other?
>>
>>41088522

Probably testosterone boost
>>
>>41073346
Krause's books are the bible of nutrition.
>>
>>41073057
>5'9" 160 pound manlet
>skinnyfat
>wrist injury
>35 days to improve body in whatever way possible
what do?
>>
>>41088629
no.
>>
File: Day 1 Back.jpg (92KB, 899x812px) Image search: [Google]
Day 1 Back.jpg
92KB, 899x812px
>>41073057
I literally just started. I'm working on losing fat and lifting. This is my day 1.

How fucked am I with these child bearing hips when it comes to a V taper? Or is it more that I'm just fat?
>>
>>41088951
impossible to tell until you lose more weight

all fatties have those hips
>>
File: XJPI3I0.png (488KB, 470x424px) Image search: [Google]
XJPI3I0.png
488KB, 470x424px
walked 1mi/day for 5 years and slowly developed these calluses, now they are turning yellow and today started to hurt pretty bad

is this normal?
>>
>>41088955
Fair enough, thanks. Glad to hear I'm not alone among the fatties with these hips.
>>
>>41088951
You're mostly just fat. You have huge love handles.
>>
>>41088969
Use a pummus stone on them when they're soft in or after the shower Jesus Christ
>>
>>41088969
>is this normal?
no, you retard
>>
>>41088976
np and good luck man
>>
>>41088981
Definitely good news. Losing fat sounds like an easier problem to fix than adding upper body mass enough to make a V taper with broad hips. Thanks, m8.
>>
the prototypical question - how do you deal with becoming /fit/, bros? made muscle gains but not social gains and now im fuckin lost. don't really do a whole lot besides lift, Netflix/vidya and hang out with some friends on the weekend. not even pushing 7/10 on a good day but girls that are way out of my league have started chatting me up since lifting like they expect me to be Chad. do i just fake it till I make it or what?
>>
1. Explain cuttingand bulking. What do you eat when cutting? What do you eat when bulking? When should you bulk and sshould you cut? Why should you cut or bulk?

2. Is it ok to lift same weight for a week or two if you struggle? If you start with deadlift at 1pl8 and add 5-10lbs every workout then you're expected to lift 2pl8 in 4-5 workouts? Is there a weight you can stop increasing load at and just stick with that forever or do you have to change something(can't keep adding weight forever).
>>
Is it possible to keep a 6 pack and eat at TDEE maintenance at the same time? Or do you have to always eat at a calorie deficit
>>
I'm a fatty that has been going to the gym 4-5 days a week for a couple months now. I am not losing weight, nor am i gaining. Would this point to me doing a slow body recomp?
>>
>>41089637
100% its a diet problem
>>
>>41089649

oh I know 100% the reason for no weight loss is a diet problem. But surely I am slowly building muscle and losing fat right, while I eat at maintenance?
>>
>>41089214
ignore the eternal thot
acquire strength
>>
>>41073825
You can if you're doing keto. You gotta have a enough of calories to built muscle and you have to have not enough calories to lose fat. But with keto you can eat at a deficit and you body will break down your body fat for energy for both muscle growth and general energy needs. I heard of a study on a keto forum that people who did resistance training on keto had growth equivalent to people on high carb diets eating 800 more calories than they were. They got the energy from their body fat, which, in the absence of insulin, the body is primed to use.
>>
File: C4R7-x8VMAE9pQW.jpg (57KB, 1125x642px) Image search: [Google]
C4R7-x8VMAE9pQW.jpg
57KB, 1125x642px
>>41089214
Hermit mode. You can't spill your spaghetti if you never get into demanding social situations.
>>
>>41089472
>Why should you cut or bulk?

It's autism.
>>
>>41088629
No. You're thinking of a handstand pushup. Obviously if your feet and hands are on the ground, then all your weight isn't on your hands, you monkey.
>>
>>41087181
>wrong
Basically, less carbs is better across the board unless you want a muscle pump which makes you a faggot because its literally just the water needed to store glycogen.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t1JN0RgvO4&index=8&list=WL
>>
>>41074826
Get a safety net for your bar or good luck with progressive overload and one day crushing your face in with 250lbs.

Everybody slips up at least once, don't let it kill you.
>>
>>41087267
I think you could eat less protein and be fine. That seems really fucking excessive unless you are 10% body fat.
>>
What would be a healthy first goalweight for a 190cm 22 year old. I'm thinking around 85kg to begin with since I'm a hungry skeleton of 70kgs at the moment.

I'll obviously adjust when I get more used to the higher food intakes.
>>
I can't keep a straight lower back on the starting position of deadlifts, it always curves outwards and can't progress my diddly because it hurts like bitch.
>>
>>41090184
fuck, forgot the question
how do I fix it?
>>
Started lifting 2 months ago, and was doing chest with awful form until last two weeks, so my chest is about a month behind the rest of my muscles

I'm on a split, can I train chest twice a week? Or 3 times maybe?
>>
>>41090259
yes
>>
File: 1486183159585.jpg (395KB, 777x1087px) Image search: [Google]
1486183159585.jpg
395KB, 777x1087px
after a really good lifting winter I got injured and took about a month off, and in that time my dumbass has gotten addicted back to sugar.

what's the most effective way to kick these cravings? I don't even feel good eating this shit anymore but almost every night I find myself craving it.
>>
>>41081075
Clicking in both knees but no pain behind the knee, It's in front for me
>>
Hey /fit/. I really REALLY want to lose the extra chub I have. The problem is, I'm also really afraid of losing the muscle mass I have. I feel so depressed when going to the gym while cutting and failing to complete my heavy sets.

Should I just forgo the gains for now? The priority is to lose fat ofc. What do?
>>
>>41075098
When you diet for a significant amount of time you lose a surprising amount of weight from your body just getting rid of excess water weight that it is no longer capable of holding onto because of reduced carb/sodium intake. This of course takes a while so obviously it will take longer to gain back the excess water weight after a while without binge eating.

I think also as you lose actual bodyfat your body is less and less affected by bloat. Don't know that for sure but an observation.
>>
I have terrible patellar tendonitis that I squat through and play sports through. It was manageable before but now when I take normal walking steps it feels like a burning/tearing sensation there.

What the fuck do I do? I can't afford surgery I think.
>>
File: b1.png (749KB, 726x527px) Image search: [Google]
b1.png
749KB, 726x527px
I need you guys' advice. I'm buying a bench second-hand, and I have two in mind that are asking the same (50 euros). Which one looks best to you guys?
Pic related is bench 1
>>
File: b2.png (439KB, 411x531px) Image search: [Google]
b2.png
439KB, 411x531px
>>41091247
>>
>>41089750
seriously? every single source on here including the sticky says 1g per pound of body weight, a MINIMUM of 0.8g per bodyweight.
>>
File: EIR7Na1 (1).jpg (6KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
EIR7Na1 (1).jpg
6KB, 300x168px
Is morning cardio a meme? About to go swim a mile at 7.
>>
>>41091247
Bench 2 looks a bit more new + a bit better
>>
File: 20170416_050136.png (2MB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170416_050136.png
2MB, 1080x1080px
Someone critique/roast/give advice/ about my body.

Last week was my first year of working out, used to do nothing and be skinnyfat beforehand

Why are lower abs STILL not defined at all
>>
>>41089725
I think he means if you can do like 20 why can't you do a similar bench volume (which I think would be roughly bodyweight 5rm).
>>
File: Week 6 - 15.04.jpg (668KB, 1352x2300px) Image search: [Google]
Week 6 - 15.04.jpg
668KB, 1352x2300px
Can you guys tell me what is my %BF based on my looks only? i've been cutting for almost 6 months and already lost 50lb and gained some muscle. The problem is that i have a BEI balance and it keeps telling me a i have 22% BF. There's no fucking way i have more than 20% BF.
>>
I'm a noob girl and can someone tell me how many pounds per session (lift 3x a week) I should increase and when I should switch to something else?

A
squat 3x5
deadlift 1x5
bench 3x5

B
squat 3x5
ohp 3x5
back extensions 3x10
hip thrusts 3x10
>>
Thinking of eating what I want today for Easter then fasting for 2 days. Bad idea? My diet has been shit lately and I don't want to gain any more weight, but Easter is really important in my family and I don't want to hold back either.
>>
>>41091382
As much as you can, safely. There's no set amount. Switch when you stop making progress, whether that's in reps or weight.
>>
>>41091382
>girl

How many dicks have you fucked?
>>
Anyone have some clever trick to keep in mind for OHP to avoid hyper-extending the lower back inwards?

I'm lifting a damn broomstick here and I feel like no matter how I try, I'm dodging the bar by bending at the back instead of pushing my hips forwards.

Watched these a millon times:

https://youtu.be/wol7Hko8RhY
https://youtu.be/5a6bRnvjlgg
>>
>>41091382
No specific amount, just make sure that you can lift the weight you added properly: never break form. If you notice yourself breaking form with the weights you're lifting, you're lifting too much. At that point, deload and try again.
>>
File: yohimbino bambino.jpg (257KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
yohimbino bambino.jpg
257KB, 1600x1600px
So, Yohimbine HCL is illegal in my country (Norgay). Are there any alternatives I could use?
>>
>>41091409
>>41091444
Okay, but I read that squats should increase 5 pounds per session, deadlift 10 and upper body 2.5.
>>
>>41091424
Sounds like you need to strengthen your core, are you doing heavy deadlifts and squats ?
>>
>>41091482
That's when you're a complete beginner on SS, and also a man.
You'll add weights at a lot slower of a pace than a guy would. What are your lifts right now at?
>>
>>41091482
That's for men though, I think. And it's just a general idea of what is possible, not a guideline that you should follow. Everyone is different anonette.

I make strength progress really slowly for example, but I'm short and like to stay thin. It depends on how much you eat, height, etc. So many variables. So don't worry about it, as long as you're making _some_ sort progress.
>>
>>41091487
I am. Doing 5x5. Lifting complete babby weights because I feel like my form is bad on everything except maybe DL.
>>
>>41091511
You could try doing seated OHP until your core is strong enough.
>>
>>41091524
Okay, thank you.
>>
>>41091424
squeeze your but cheeks, shoulders back, chin right in.
>>
>>41091561
Should I feel it in my stomach? Sometimes I'm kinda feeling it in my stomach...
>>
>>41089472
Bulking means you eat more calories than required for bodyweight-maintenance, this way your bodyweight increases. If you eat right (a lot of protein, low carbs) you mostly gain muscle, although your body fat will inevitably increase too.

Cutting is the opposite, where you eat less than the required amount, so you lose body weight.
You'll lose mostly fat, although some muscle too. You still have to eat clean food and work out though.

People bulk to grow muscle fast, and cut to look good, say, for their summer body.
>>
>>41091500
This bruh hasn't read the book. He is right, though, that the strength gains will be harder for females and for males who aren't willing to gain some fat.
>>
>>41091365
http://fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
>>
Is it ok to lose weight eating frozen meals?
>>
>>41091608
You're right I haven't read it. I'm probably the wrong person to give advice considering I'm a generally weak grill who would rather die than gain some fat lel

But just thought it would be important to mention that sometimes strength progress won't be the same for everyone
>>
>>41091590
sorta, you should be bracing your guts as hard as possible but that's the case for any big lift
>>
File: 1491561810871.jpg (22KB, 418x460px) Image search: [Google]
1491561810871.jpg
22KB, 418x460px
>>41075203
post pic and we'll let you know what we think
>>
>>41091274
it shuld be lean body mass aka Body weight minus (body weight time BF%). See, because someone who is 200 lbs of fat would "NEED" 200lbs o protein to build muscle with is retarded and wrong.
>>
>>41073057
>went to snapcity, deadlifts
>feels like slipped disk
>two days of intense pain, impaired mobillity
>slowly getting less
>week and a half later now, cant feel it in daily activities
>scared to resume lifting, especially diddly

Wat do, friends?
>>
>>41092766
Doctor, nigga
>>
>>41075039
add curls to days you do barbell row and add dips to day you do chin ups
>>
>>41092766
wait a bit longer, slowly start with squats and other lower body again and if it fels fine for a week start diddlying again. if this happens more frequently you should see a doc/stop dling
>>
So, trying to get my life on track and one of the first things in the list are getting my body on track

I heard oats are goat, so I ate that for breakfast for some time, but eventually I found myself hating them because they have no fucking flavor

Now I take this for breakfast and the meal between lunch and dinner

-No fat yogurt
-oats (two handfulls)
- one or two shredded pieces of fruit
-Mix it all on a bowl

Tastes fucking good.
Filling, not like the other ''healthy'' food Im taking , which makes me want to suicide
Easy as fuck to regulate and escalate in size

Now I know its not a deluxe top notch recipe, but I know nothing out of food and would like to know if this is actually good for me to cut down some fat, or if I am deluding myself
>>
>>41094382
you need to understand that healthy eating is purely macro control. Read the sticky and relearn what "diet" means.
>>
>>41088466
thx senpai
>>
File: coolpizza.jpg (34KB, 715x536px) Image search: [Google]
coolpizza.jpg
34KB, 715x536px
>>41073057
When should you switch from SS to a different program? I have to say, i've been doing SS for 4 months now and i'm getting slightly bored, i wanna change up my routine. Any recommendations, tips?
>>
>>41094382
The other guy who answered you is retarded. Healthy eating is about eating the right foods such as fruits and veggies. However if you wanna gain and or loose weight only caring about macros is good enough but it's not healthy. However that breakfast is really fucking good id just remove the yoghurt and add in some dates or blueberries for extra health. Also try adding two tablespoons of flax seeds (ground them so your body can digest them) it's unbelievably good for you. Also fruits and fiber is good for you, don't fall for the protein meme. You only need about 10% of calories from protein
>>
If I can low bar squat 120kg for 3 sets of 5, how much can I high bar squat?
>>
>>41075203
from what I understand, PCOS has more of an effect on hormonal control of the areas in which produced fat is stored than it does on the production of additional fat. Anybody wanna let me know if I'm vastly wrong or nah?
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.