[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Helping people in the gym

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: snap_city.jpg (123KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
snap_city.jpg
123KB, 1280x720px
Alright /fit/, there's something that has been bugging me for a while now.
Is it ever appropriate to approach people and offer them help?
I always assumed if they need help they will ask for it, so I never approached anyone, but lately I saw some people rushing towards snap city.
You've also probably seen them all:
>squatting with bar on the neck
>benching like they're on some medieval execution
I am guessing they never had anyone to teach them properly and assume their form is fine since they haven't snapped their shit yet, but it's only a matter of time.
I prefer minding my own business, but also feel a tiny bit of responsibility since I had a guy to coach me a few years back and even you guys give some good advice every now and then.

tl;dr:
Should you ask people who obviously have no idea and pose a danger to themselves, if they need help or nay?
Have you ever offered help to a stranger in the gym?
>>
>some dyel asks to spot him
>He benches 1 plate for 8
>Can't get last rep
>His face gets red and arms start skaking
>I walk away to do my sets

Is it the right way to help people to progress?
>>
I wouldn't mind if someone gave me useful tips on how to improve my form or some form check I can't notice while squatting or deadlifting.
Just don't give any broscience shit and you're good.
>>
>>41069346
pretty easy
If you look like you lift they will appreciate it
>some big guy showed me how to deadlift today
>woah dude
If you're dyel or some fat nerd that might have studied the form of each lift for months on /fit/ but with the looks of a newcomer don't even bother
>>
>>41069346
I was doing some DB curls and I guy came up beside me to grab some DBs for benching. I went to grab a slightly lower weight and noticed that there was only one. I stopped him before he started and told him he grabbed two different weighted dumbbells.
>>
>some chick doing RDLs
>she does good job with hip hinge and flat back(granted it wad light weight, like 40kgs)
>really hyper extends at the to tho
>tell her she should avoid doing that
>says thanks but also probably thought im turbo creep

its not worth it
>>
>>41069374
Is he kill?
>>41069403
this
there's a limit to what you can correct with a mirror
>>41069415
I'm not the biggest, but I am one of the few who at least takes lifitng seriously in my gym
>>41069420
That's not really helping, mostly just not being an autist, but still, good going anon
>>41069434
this is my fear
>>
>>41069374
Survival of the fit/test.
>>
>>41069415
yep... you can know a lot but if you're dyel your credibility is worth nothing.
>>
if they dont ask for help dont help them simpel as that
>>
>>41069346

It's only acceptable to offer advice to strangers if you are either.

>working in with them
>chatting between sets with them
>they ask for your advice
>you ask them if they'd like you to watch their next set and give them advice

Anything else is autismo.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.