[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey anons, I have a problem with increasing my arms size. I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: iggypop.jpg (43KB, 400x519px) Image search: [Google]
iggypop.jpg
43KB, 400x519px
Hey anons, I have a problem with increasing my arms size. I've gained 12kg (26 pounds) in the past year and I weigh 73kg now and my arms are still skinny, like literally they stayed the same.
I'm doing some exercises with dumbells, different push ups, but still I see no major results in the arm area. Help me /fitlit/
>>
b-bump
>>
>>41058621
Hammer curls, barbel curls. triceps extensions etc. I'm in same boat as you, put on 15kg in about 9mths (70kg now). Unless you work out arms etc, the weight gains gonna go straight to your gut and practically nowhere else.
>>
>>41059146
I've been doing all these curls and extensions every other day for a half a year now plus other exercises and I see results on my chest, back and shoulders, my silhouette became a little bit more muscular but arms still suck. I will try to eat more maybe and add some pull ups and dips to my routine. I just need to be careful not to overwork them.
>practically nowhere else.
maybe a little bit of it went to my face and that's it
>>
>>41058621
>>41059405
what are your stats for
>bench
>dips
>chin-ups
>row
>>
File: 1425939025708941470.jpg (44KB, 251x231px) Image search: [Google]
1425939025708941470.jpg
44KB, 251x231px
>>41059439
>bench
I don't have a bench at home and actually I've never benched in my life
>dips
15-20 I guess
>chin-ups
I don't know as I mostly do pull-ups. I can do 5 correct ones.
>row
I don't know
>>
>>41059439
shit sorry. didnt fully read your post. yes start doing chins and dips

big bench, dips and chins=big arms. do accessories too, but focus on those three
>>
>>41059405
personally i never saw any good results from isolations of any kind apart from laterals.

what grew my arms the most is getting my OHP, bench and weighted chins up. if you have a high weighted chin 5RM (270lb combined weight or something) and a high OHP your will probably have massive arms
>>
>>41059146
>Unless you work out arms etc, the weight gains gonna go straight to your gut and practically nowhere else.
this is just unabashed bullshit. hope you haven;t given out too much advice in other threads
>>
while dips/chins are the most practical way of working those areas, I personally had good experience with db concentration curls and skull crushers, but done these two at my home gym with smaller weights - really watching out for time under tension, varying the ROM with 21s etc., but you're gonna make an ape out of you at a commercial gym doing these because it's in the same vein as wealthy pianos 8 arm stuff but not as extreme

18"
>>
File: rrobinson0024.jpg (84KB, 680x525px) Image search: [Google]
rrobinson0024.jpg
84KB, 680x525px
Here are my tips, I overall grow more from frequency + heavy eating (400-500 carbs a day minimum) rather then volume overall. So this doesn't have to work for you but you can always try.

for 5 weeks. Do 1 set increment Pull ups (Neutral grip) every day. start with 1 rep the first day and 2 the next until you reach 10. Then get a weight belt and put on 5-10lbs and start over with 1 rep and the next day 2 reps, remember only 1 set. The low volume but high frequency will make your body adapt with really fast strength gains. When you can do 10 reps with 30-40lbs extra weight. Stop for about 1-2 weeks, let your body rest and jump on the volume regime with 20lbs extra weight and do 10-20 reps and do 8 sets but space them out threw out the day, so 1 set every 1-2h. Do that every 3 day for 4 weeks.

You follow this consistently you should per default get gains. My theory when it comes to muscle gains are simple, Get the strength then get then the volume. It's not about if 100kg bench for 12 reps will build more muscle then 200kg for 3 reps. It's the simple truth that the guy benching 200kg for 10 reps will have the bigger chest then both of them. (Unless they have great muscle insertion or are on the 1g decca regime...)

Make sure that you get your kcal and especially carbs in. The difference in strength and muscle gains are ENORMOUS depending on your diet.
>>
>>41059972
Oh and also, do the same for dips or overhead triceps extensions. Not to be a meme but 2/3 of the arms again the triceps.
>>
>>41059497
Wtf so you don't even really lift and expect hypertrophy? Kys or go to the gym
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.