[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I really do Starting Strenght?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: ss_tw2_400x400.jpg (33KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
ss_tw2_400x400.jpg
33KB, 400x400px
I haven't been in the gym for 3 months now and I'm skinny. 5'10" 140 lbs.
>>
>>41056844
I mean you could do GSLP or any other linear progression program instead
Just remember to fucking eat more mr. skeltal
>>
what about ppl for beginners?
>>
>>41056925
no you can't do that or else you're dick will fall off faggot
Also why would you want to go with a lower frequency program if you can grow off of the volume you get from each full body training session? Literally just do weighted chinups and curls while running starting strength and you'll be good.
>>
>>41056844
300 push ups
300 squats
Ab routine

3 weeks
Everyday

get you warmed up for gyming properly and you won't fucking kill yourself on the squat rack.
>>
>>41056844
fierce 5 novice if you dont want to be a t rex and have a nice upper body
>>
>people still worry about beginner programs which last no more than 7 months thinking they will completely change their body
>the only thing they should worry about is actually starting

you will look almost exactly the same after you are done with any beginner program even if deals with hypertrophy. the only difference will be you'll either be much more stronger (compounds) or slightly stronger (PPL bullshit).

almost every good transformation you see in that short time frame is from guys that were into sports their whole life but were fat or from people that lie. when they started working out and eating clean they dropped fat and have seen for the first time what they always had under it. dyels here think that they got all of those muscles in those few months.

you will NEVER see a good body transformation in about 6-7 months (noob gain period) if that person never did any sports or lifting before.
>>
>>41057021
>you will look almost exactly the same after you are done with any beginner program

I wish people wouldn't throw these retarded opinions around, this is one sure way to spot who is still trapped in DYEL mode.

First routine was SL (changed to 3x5 like SS, dips and chins added) got my squat up to 160kg, bench 110kg, OHP 75kg, diddylift 170kg (weak lift in contrast, I used to have bad form problems). and was weighted dipping with 25kg attachment and chins with 10 or so.

The idea that someone who gets their sets up to this level will 'look the same' is total bullshit, usually facilitated by guys who don't actually workout and are total fucking memelords, or those who gave up after their squat hit a shitty 100kg.
>>
Starting strength/compound lifts with some hypertrophy thrown saw me make the biggest instant gains.
>>
>>41056844
Do 100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats and a 10km run everyday.
>>
>>41058424
you didn't get to those numbers in 6 months starting from no background. nothing in the post said anything about how someone will look once they reach specific numbers but merely after noob gains run out
>>
>>41056844
Yeah you probably should, it's not like you're gonna be doing it forever. You're meant to move on once you stall like 3 times so you'll probably be on it for 6-9 months
>>
>>41056947
>no chinups/pullups
enjoy your lordosis
>>
When I started lifting I didn't know shit and did a 4 day a week upper/lower for the first couple of years

It worked fine but I probably would have progressed faster doing full body
>>
>>41056844
Yes, speaking as someone who is 5'9'' and was 140 not long ago, I can say SS/5x5 was a great place to start.

I'd suggest not starting off at the bar though, like it asks. It takes forever to get to a good weight if you do that, and it feels stupid when you go to the gym to squat the smallest possible weight. Add a few small plates on squat + deadlift to save some time, and to feel like you are actually doing something.

Do the additional exercises as well, because SS/5x5 won't make you look good. It's for strength, not aesthetics, so you won't be gaining those sick arms and chest you want. Your legs will get huge, but everything else will stay small. The added exercises will help towards that.

Only do SS/5x5 for about 6 months or until you start to stall out more often than you progress. Try to bulk up as well by eating more, it will help get the gains you are after.
>>
File: goofysmile[1].png (152KB, 935x855px) Image search: [Google]
goofysmile[1].png
152KB, 935x855px
>>41059633
>>
>>41059654
Except I did, if you actually bothered to do the program you would know this progress is normal for a guy who rests and eats a lot.

"Noob Gains" are pretty much universally defined where linear progression is present. i.e. If you can make jumps in weight in almost every workout, you are still a novice. And this was the case until I was roughly at 1/2/3/4 pl8 with the exception of deadlift as I was, then, a noob, and I had form difficulties which are now resolved.

This progress is normal for a guy who started skinny and eats a lot and sleeps a lot, something most guys due because "Muh Abs".

I finished up the program at around 25% bf, yes a bit chunky, but I was strong as fuck. I spent the next couple months cutting down to around 13% before I went to TM. No regrets.

Do not waste your linear progression guys, when you're fighting for a mere 5lb increase every week/fortnight for a lift you will wish you were a noob again.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.