[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello friends. I have been doing SL 5X5 on and off for years.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: 1405115947330.gif (281KB, 1190x877px) Image search: [Google]
1405115947330.gif
281KB, 1190x877px
Hello friends. I have been doing SL 5X5 on and off for years. I'd like to switch to a more conventional in the gym 4-5x a week sort of program. I'm not asking for anyone to write something out for me, but was hoping that someone who was in my shoes could point be in the direction of a good bodybuilding program after SL.

>TLDR: what is a good split routine to switch to following SS or SL full body program.
>>
File: Fregg.jpg (144KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
Fregg.jpg
144KB, 1080x720px
This is what I can do.

>BENCH: 5X 250
>OHP: 5X 175
>ROW: 5X 215
>FRONT SQUAT: 5X 185
>DL: 3X 405

like I said I'm in the gym 3x a week and would like to transition to some sort of split routine. However SL is all I've ever known.
>>
>>41053797
Quit this on and off bullshit.

Stick to the programme.
>>
>>41053832
where's your back squat?
>>
>>41053832
piss poor front squat compared to everything else. Do you not do legs?
>>
File: 1446697817621.jpg (55KB, 493x336px) Image search: [Google]
1446697817621.jpg
55KB, 493x336px
>>41053859
I stopped doing back squat because I believed front squats to be superior. I know that prior to stopping i could rep 3 plates...was the form any good? I just don't know anymore

>>41053852

Well I get sick and I stopped. Funny story I haven't worked out in 3 weeks. I was getting these jabbing pains in my head (going on to this very day), my thoughts went dark fast thinking I had an aneurysm or a stroke coming. Got an MRI, completely normal...doctors didn't even want me to come in for a follow up.

>I think I pinched a nerve doing OHP
>>
>>41053868
Do front squats every time I go into the gym. So three times a week.
>>
File: DeDe.gif (8KB, 222x258px) Image search: [Google]
DeDe.gif
8KB, 222x258px
>>
>>41053926
>I stopped doing back squat because I believed front squats to be superior.
not him and I can't post more now, just stepping by to say that's wrong, you shouldn't ditch back squat completely. totally different volume and partially different stimulus
3 pl8s for 5 rep? that's a lot (officially "intermediate" for this board but w/e), need to see glutes and quads, obv it'd be better 2 pl8s with good form rather than 3 with bad form
>>
File: Airplanehumor.jpg (137KB, 700x882px) Image search: [Google]
Airplanehumor.jpg
137KB, 700x882px
>>41053797
Anyone heard of this. Some people say it is pretty good.

http://www.directlyfitness.com/store/p-h-a-t-training-layne-nortons-workout-system/

>P.H.A.T. program
>>
>>41054220
All right I hear you, maybe I'll throw them back into rotation when I start lifting again
>>
>>41054250
it's okay. I think that it wouldn't be very sensible to operate it on the same prescribed reps/sets scheme there because
>no barbell bench or OHP on Upper power
>no standard DLs on lower power

>>41053797
you might like Candito's linear U/L program.
It's an Upper/Lower split. 2x per week fullbody work.
http://www.canditotraininghq.com/free-programs/

He has four basic designs to run each U/L day by: a power day, where you focus on progressing your main lifts on each day.
Then he has the option for
1. Control, where you do variants that focus on lighter weight but more technical control and strictness
2. Hypertrophy, where you do variants that focus on higher setsxreps volume for dat der juicy growth
3. Speed, which focuses on lifts oriented towards developing and expressing speed and explosiveness.

you would probably want to run Power/Control or Power/hypertrophy.
You could also alternate between hypertrophy and control week to week.
>>
File: fregg2.jpg (126KB, 604x516px) Image search: [Google]
fregg2.jpg
126KB, 604x516px
>>41054435
Hey man thanks for your input and posting this link, I really appreciate it. I'm gonna read it right now!
>>
>>41054505
you're welcome. I think U/L is a good, long term style way to lift. the frequency is enough to have good results, the intensity on each day is enough to feel hard, but no so much that you're walking around like a zombie with fatigue all week long.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.