[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why am I not losing any weight, bros?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: 4628969788.png (45KB, 527x487px) Image search: [Google]
4628969788.png
45KB, 527x487px
>been fatty all my life but decide to get my shit straightened out

>25 years old at 225 lbs
>quit smoking
>got myfitnesspal and tracked calories and made sure to stay at 1500
>got a gym membership and do cardio and strength training for 6/7 days of the week

Weighed myself at the end of the week at 225 still. I wrote it off as, well, maybe fat turned to muscle or something.

>Another week passes, do the same routine
>Eat nothing but eggs, turkey bacon, yogurt, string cheese, and rarely oatmeal, special K cereal, and wheat bread
>But still stay at 1500 calories
>Adopted 16:8, my 8 hour feasting window was 11am-7pm
>Made sure to drink at least 12 cups of water every single day, counted every single cup
>Weigh myself at the end

Still at 225.

What do I do or what can I change? For daily pills I take a multivitamin, fish oil, l-arginine, and red ginseng. I know I don't eat any vegetables or fruits but I wanted to keep counting easy and didn't know how to properly count calories when eating vegetables, and I think my multivitamin helps covers that?

pls halp, I was so happy and excited to be /fit/ and I used to go to the gym for those 2 weeks feeling all pumped and happy but now I can't help but feel depressed and hopeless
>>
>>41053026
to clarify, still at same weight after week 2
>>
>>41053026
stop cheating on your diet you fat fuck
>>
drink sips
>>
>>41053038
Keep at whatever your doing, if the results are the same after two months then youre doing something wrong.
>>
>>41053026
Only explanation is muscle growth at a perfect ratio to fat loss that is keeping your weight the same. If you're eating less and working out more there's no way you're not burning off excess fat unless you have a legitimate genetic issue.
>>
>>41053026
>Eat nothing but eggs, turkey bacon, yogurt, string cheese, and rarely oatmeal, special K cereal, and wheat bread
How much of these do you eat? What do you eat them with(cooking eggs with butter, eating with ketchup, milk in cereal, sugar and raisins in oatmeal, jelly and butter on bread, etc.)? Do you eat anything besides this?
>>
>>41053026
if its point for point exactly and there's not even a slight variation maybe there's something wrong with your scales? sounds like a cop out but not going up or down by even 0.1 of a pound seems weird
>>
>>41053038
You gained in water weight what little fat you lost in that period.

Keep going.
>>
Eat more veggies

Don't eat string cheese.

Learn to count ur calories
>>
File: 654231864564.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
654231864564.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>41053026
>>
>>41053026
you need to cut out the
> eggs, turkey bacon, string cheese , special K cereal and wheat bread

thats SHIT food to lose weight.

stop BREAD its basically sugar.
stop Special K its basically sugar
stop yogurt, its basically sugar, unless you get the disgusting sour tasting kind, then still its a lot of fat
stop the bacon, seriously are you this retarded.
stop the meat, you aren't trying to gain mass you want to lose it, have a miniscule tiny piece a day

get your diet on check, also calorie counting is retarded.
>>
>>41053026
Have you tried Morning fasted cardio for an hour? everyday?
HIIT training for 20 mins twice a day 5 times a week?
>got myfitnesspal and tracked calories and made sure to stay at 1500
1500cal for men is too damn low. Your body might be holding onto everything it can. Just eat 2200cal and burn off your calories from Cardio....
>>
>>41053169
>stop the meat
don't you want a decent amount of protein while losing weight to ensure you don't loose muscle mass as well though? or is that broscience
>>
If you are really that desperate you can literally just starve yourself as long as you don't care about losing muscle
>>
>>41053169
It's water weight or OP can't count.

Hop in a sauna if you want to see the couple of pounds you lost OP, or learn to count if you always drank that much fucking water.
>>
>>41053026
Snort some creatine after your workout
>>
keep going for at least 2 more weeks and see what happens. make sure you're tracking your stats as accurately as possible.
>>
>>41053090
I cook eggs and the turkey bacon with butter; no ketchup, I use 2% milk and definitely account for that, and just butter on the bread. At the moment I'm eating nothing else.

>>41053149
I definitely do need to eat more veggies and I guess I could cut back on the string cheese; its just so convenient to have around as a snack...

>>41053169
I could try to cut back on the turkey bacon, but... It's 30 calories per strip, it's so so good.

>>41053173
Hmm.... I could try bumping it up to 2000/2200 if results are the same after this third week

>>41053195
yeah but between all the dairy products I'm eating, it's possible that I'm just consuming wayyy too much protein... if that is even a thing. but I AM going to the gym and doing strength and cardio so I dunno...
>>
>>41053321
>it's possible that I'm just consuming wayyy too much protein
that wasn't what i was talking about, was just surprised at the anon saying to cut out meat totally, pretty sure you won't put muscle weight on without a calorie surplus no matter how much protein you get
>>
>>41053026
eat some salads , you need fiber
do you ever poop?
>>
>>41053321

you're underestimating the amount of butter you're putting on your bread and in your eggs and turkey bacon. for the love of god, just get a nonstick pan you mongrel.

why don't you eat an apple as a snack?

you don't "hold on" to everything you can, particularly when you're eating 1500 calories of what amounts to junk food.
>>
2 weeks is not that long

Lots of people forget to account for stuff, like if you're cooking with butter you need to add that in to your calculations for calories

When you start drinking lots of water and start working out for the first time in a long time your body retains extra water for a few weeks, then settles down to normal

At the rate you're going you should've only lost about 2 pounds anyway after two weeks, don't expect what took you years to put on will take months to fall off

Always remember, nobody is immune to the laws of physics, if you're not losing weight it's not because your body is magic, it's because you're not doing something correctly.
>>
>>41053169
>stop yogurt, its basically sugar, unless you get the disgusting sour tasting kind, then still its a lot of fat
it also gives you an insulin spike that increases sugar absorption into cells.
>>
>>41053389
Probably once a day?

>>41053416
Never really thought about it, but I guess you're right! I'll go order a nonstick pan right now off amazon

>>41053484
thanks for the encouragement, i'll try to keep it up!
>>
>read
>the
>sticky
>>
>2 weeks
weight fluctuations can be very random. gains in muscle mass, water retention, constipation.. there's a lot of shit that goes on in your body that you cant directly monitor.

keep up what you are doing for a month, maybe two. track your weight every day at the same time and write it down. after 2 months you will definitely see a consistent downwards trend. if you don't, then think about seeing a doctor.
>>
>>41053026
Eat a vegetable. Holy shit. Have you even had a bowel movement this whole time?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.