[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long to rest between sets?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

I can't find any clear consensus on this. If you're strength training for aesthetics, how long should one rest between sets? 60 seconds? 2 minutes? As long as it takes to recover your breath? What does /fit/ think?
>>
>>41052531
>not dancing during rest
>>
>>41052531
>strength training for aesthetics

This is like fucking for virginity
>>
i think you should do whatever the *FUCK* you want bitch
>>
>>41052796
>not going to the club between sets
>>
See if athleanx has a video on it. I'd go by what he says
>>
2 min. there isnt much difference to recovery between 2 and 3 min and it will cut your workout time by a lot
>>
>>41052802
>You have to be fat to be strong
>>
File: weak fearing strong.png (101KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
weak fearing strong.png
101KB, 224x225px
No rest
>>
>>41052531
I usually count 30 to 60 seconds of rest depending on the intensity of the pain I'm feeling, more than 60 seconds doesn't do much of a difference. Listen to your body OP
>>
>>41052531
If you come close to failure on your sets, like RPE9, AND are doing <=5 reps, you're training strength, take 2-3 minutes min and 5 min max. Wanna replenish the ATP which takes 2+ min but don't wanna cool off, none of this "Starting Strength" 8-minute rest bullshit.

If your shit is is done with 2-3 or more reps left in the tank, OR you are doing 10+ reps, you're training hypertrophy and the studies say it literally doesn't matter, go at throttle-up whenever you can hit the next set.
>>
>>41053805
Thanks a lot, anon.
>>
>>41052531
She's gonna be so itchy from that grass.
>>
>>41052531
watch James Grage on YouTube
>>
I drive home and come back the next day
>>
>>41052531
AS LONG AS IT TAKES
>>
1-2 mins Hypertrophy

3 mins Strength/Hypertrophy

4+ mins Strength
>>
>>41054436
I think you may have a grass allergy mate.
>>
>>41052531

Rest literally as long or short as you want to.

The longer you rest, the more you can lift, which leads to faster progress. But you have to balance rest time with how long you want to spend in the gym. If you have 2 hours to spend resting 5m between sets then go ahead. But if you want to get done in 45 mins then you will have to rest shorter.
>>
>>41057964
Thanks
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.