[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When do you know you're an "intermediate" lifter?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: ryan_gosling.png (334KB, 691x779px) Image search: [Google]
ryan_gosling.png
334KB, 691x779px
When do you know you're an "intermediate" lifter?
>>
When you hit intermediate numbers
>>
when you can't add weight every workout anymore

what a dumb question, stop shitting my board. FUCK YOU
>>
When you're edging 1/2/3/4 I guess
>>
>>41051919
1/2/3/4
ohp/bench/squat/dead

/thread
>>
Usually when you walk into the gym and balloons fall from the ceiling and the desk girl congratulates on being an intermediate lifter.
>>
>>41051991
what of there were no balloons, but she sucked my dick in the back?
>>
>>41052197
Don't feel too special, you're probably not the first guy at that gym she blew.
>>
>>41052209
well id assume so since there a lot of big guys
>>
>>41052229
4her
>>
1/2/3/4/ for reps
>>
Mark Rippetoe addressed this in one of his books. A novice lifter can increase the weight every session. An intermediate lifter can increase the weight every week. An advanced lifter can only increase the weight every month. This isn't a perfect rule but serves as a good guideline.
>>
>>41052316
That's not smart. That has more to do with if you lift for strength or aesthetics, how hard you push yourself , by what increments you go up, etc.

I haven't gone up more than once a month since my first year of lifting. I am far from advanced (280/300/400 - max s/b/d)
>>
File: every day is pullup day.png (211KB, 960x733px) Image search: [Google]
every day is pullup day.png
211KB, 960x733px
>>41051919
Symmetricstrength.com will tell you, though I don't know how accurate it is
>>
When you don't look like Ryan Gosling
>>
File: 42343234543564.jpg (80KB, 540x568px) Image search: [Google]
42343234543564.jpg
80KB, 540x568px
>>41052871
L O N D O N
>>
>>41052807
it's for a dedicated strength trainee obviously
>>
>>41051919

When your gym nemesis looks like he lifts
>>
>>41051983
fatties and manlets can hit that pretty fast so no
>>
I'd say whenever you're never the strongest person in a gym at any given time, but you are given frequent mires of your lift regardless.

>80% of gym squats between 0.5-2pl8
>do sets of 3pl8
>catch mires
>saw a dude do sets of 4pl8 earlier so I can't find it to pride myself in these mires
>feels bad
>>
>>41055046
<gym nemesis
>>
>>41054935
Still, some fool out there who never breaks a sweat will think he's advanced cuz he never goes up. Just my opinion knowing the general mindset of bb.com types
>>
>>41056623
Bitch, this guy was benching over 4pl8 for reps
Step it up faggot
>>
>>41056682
It's not about what you choose it's about what you're capable of.
>>
>>41051919
When you stop browsing /fit/
>>
>>41052871
My dad always told me: ''Son when the time comes for you to pick a woman, pick her based on how fucking swole her lats are''
>>
>>41051919

When you look for a good routine online and get annoyed that every one you find is a shitty basic beginner routine that you'll have to modify to fit your own needs.

At least this is how I feel 10 months into lifting so far.
>>
similarly, how do i know when to transition from unweighted dips and pull/chin etc ups to weighted
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.