[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Front squat help.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: 1454939110132.jpg (245KB, 1037x1382px) Image search: [Google]
1454939110132.jpg
245KB, 1037x1382px
Hello, can you give me advice on how to hold bar on front squat? I tried holding it on my shoulders with arms crossed but its getting really difficult now that i hit 60kg. (im dyel, i know). I can lift 90kg on back squat and I feel like i could lift much more than 60kg on front squats if I knew how to hold it better.

Thanks, picture is not related.
>>
File: back-vs-front-squat.jpg (43KB, 800x420px) Image search: [Google]
back-vs-front-squat.jpg
43KB, 800x420px
fingertips to hold under the bar
the bar should be choking your neck quite a bit
elbows REAL high up
when rising, try and throw your chest up and back
imagine you are trying to curl your lower back as far as you can
>>
stretch your triceps and wrists before warming up. also build up your front delts, will make holding the bar much easier
>>
>>41051441
I know the feel, im an even bigger dyel, started squats and front squats on a cut, so shit progress. 40 kg on front, im also doing it with arms crossed. I can manage this weight, but its gonna go to shit. Tried the conventional position, but theres way too much pain in my elbow and wrist, last time i did it my ulnar nerve got pinched. I would also know the secret of the front squats
>>
Just keep practicing doing it properly until you get it, dont do that arms crossed bullshit.
I've been doing front squats for 4 years now, I cant remember how I started doing them with proper grip but I remember it felt awful, but I kept doing them that way until I just got used to it. Your just going to have to keep at it.
>>
>>41051441

Work on (wrist) mobility (or open up your grip) until you can hold it in the proper front rack position where it sits across your front delts.
>>
File: Front-Squat-Clean-Grip.jpg (119KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
Front-Squat-Clean-Grip.jpg
119KB, 620x349px
>>41051441
This is the correct grip. The bar is resting on your delts and is controlled/held in place with the cradle of your fingers, your hands aren't really "gripping" the bar. Focus on getting your elbows up and together.
>>
File: Front_Squat.jpg (118KB, 738x415px) Image search: [Google]
Front_Squat.jpg
118KB, 738x415px
>>41051441
Until you can get the correct grip, you can use straps (or even wrap socks around the bar) and slowly work your flexibility while doing the front squats, consistently getting closer and closer to the correct grip.
>>
Is it really supposed to choke you? How the fuck is that safe? I can't do it without pressing it into my neck
>>
>>41051628
Never heard of this before, but its incredibly useful info, thank you anon
>>
>>41051631
No, dumbass, it's not choking you, it's resting on the mound of your deltoid muscles. Work with the bar alone or with a broomstick until you get it right.

Push your elbows UP and IN as the cue, the mounds of your delts should appear. Use a fixed bar if you have to, in order to physically see what is happening and where a free bar should rest.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.