[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Insomnia general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (433KB, 849x565px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
433KB, 849x565px
Since this used to be health...

Every night I have problem to fall asleep, I cannot fall asleep until 3-7 am. I've noticed my CNS becomes very stimulated right before bedtime. I start to think about recent events, I become very emotional, relive the emotions. I talk to myself and laugh, like there was a person listening to me right beside me. I cannot calm down, I become very excited and sleep is the last thing on my mind.

The thing is I feel very tired and sleepy, but as soon as I close my eyes my heart and mind start racing. I tried every method,nothing can put me asleep. Everything I try works for 1 day and the next I'm already immune to the cure. I tried to keep my eyes open and it really slowed my heart and mind and I fell asleep almost instantly, but tonight it didn't work. I don't know what to do, I cannot function like this. Please help.
>>
Okay, I've basically no sources other than myself but it worked for me..

I used to have the same symptoms and I found out that if I stopped and gave myself a pause, my mind would automatically start to do this shit. So I took a few mintues everyday and I sat down somewhere quiet and did nothing, No phone,No Internet, No music, No reading, no shitting, nothing.

My mind would wander over some anxiety inducing bullshit but after that I'd have good sleep.

Tl;DR Take some time off to proccess your day and good sleep will return.
>>
>>41046834
Sounds like anxiety attacks. Make sure you get plenty of exercise and eat well, water etc don't drink too much alcohol. Try reading a book before bed. If none of this works you may need medication if its effecting your day to day life.
>>
File: 1491577388802.jpg (10KB, 180x188px) Image search: [Google]
1491577388802.jpg
10KB, 180x188px
I'm the same OP. I'll wake up early morning around 7-8, have a full day including lifting and cardio, and every night I have to lie in bed for at least 5 hours before I pass out.
I get anxious even getting into bed because I know there's so much time of doing fucking nothing before I can sleep. Tried reading, music, listening to podcasts, watching movies, sleeping pills, sitting in pitch black with no distractions whatsoever. Just can't hack sleeping.
>>
>>41047020
Try mindfullness meditation.
Shit works.
>>
Usually lie in bed for 2-3 hours before falling asleep, also usually wake up after an hour or two. Recently started basic meditation before sleeping and I think it's helping. Too early to tell though.
>>
>>41046834
almost same OP except if i goto the gym even like 5-6 hours before bed all the water i drink at the gym seems to mainly come out once im IN bed.

so i end up waking up like 2-3 times to piss like in the middle of hte night like an old man
>>
File: 1472694240654.png (1MB, 1182x956px) Image search: [Google]
1472694240654.png
1MB, 1182x956px
>>41046834
>The thing is I feel very tired and sleepy, but as soon as I close my eyes my heart and mind start racing.
Literally me. As soon as i close my eyes grim thoughts come to my head, im sweating, i feel that im in danger.
>>
>>41046922
Seems like a good idea. I also have idea of writing a journal just before bed, where I write every thought that comes in my mind, just to get it out of me, so I'm calmer. But for some reason I always forget or feel to lazy to do it.

>>41046966
I can't concentrate on anything. Maybe I will be focused for 2 minutes, but then I will find myself drifting away, living in the past. I never feel present, I am always somewhere else, so that might be reason why I can't sleep.
>>
quick-and-dirty solution:
>Acquire marijuana (indica strain)
>???
>profit
>>
>>41046834
this sounds silly but, try imagining a fictional world anon. try to organize it in depth and if you want, add characters.

really helps me calm my nerves. at some point, i'll get sick of thinking and drift off

i wish for the best
>>
>>41047428
That's literally the only way I can get to sleep. My dad's had really bad insomnia his entire life, so I think this is genetic. My dad's got his sleeping pills, I have my bud.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.