[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how often do you brush your teeth?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

File: 1394644970023.jpg (127KB, 1026x778px) Image search: [Google]
1394644970023.jpg
127KB, 1026x778px
how often do you brush your teeth?
>>
prob 5 times a week on average
>>
Do it twice a day and floss.

You'll save yourself huge ammounts of money in dental work later.
>>
>>41046830
That pic
>SS claims another victim
>>
Twice a day.

Also if your brush your teeth after your first meal of the day, you are a disgusting freak and you'll never make it.
>>
>>41046979
And not smell. Why would you do less than this?
Pure laziness?
>>
>>41046830
weekdays twice a day, weekends only if i'm going out, and then it's right before
>>
twice a day with mouthwash

anything less makes you a fucking degenerate
>>
I brush and floss once in the morning. I use to do it at night before bed sometimes, but I got lazy.
>>
>>41046830
Floss & brush at night only. Flossing >>> brushing
>>
>>41047109
Mouthwash is bad for you FYI
>>41047132
Waterpik master race
>>
>>41046830
twice a day (more thorough at night because i wear a retainer) with floss
also that pic is the sexiest guy I've ever seen
>>
>>41046830
Does someone know a tool for flossing when you have metal bars behind your teeth (from having braces). I just simply can not floss with regular floss.
>>
>>41047438
There is a type of floss that have a plastic tip and come in individual strands that I used to floss with when I had braces, should work for you.

I got those permanent retainers for like two months until they broke. I told my orthodontist I'd rather just have regular retainers cus fuck that annoying shit.
>>
>>41046830
>41046830
every evening, and on mornings if i have a meeting or i just notice my breath smells rly bad.
19 years without cavities, and in my childhood i was overweight eating so much sweet shit that im suprised i dont have type 2 diabetes.
Do I have good "teeth genetics" if thats a thing lmao
>>
>>41046993
if he had a bigger chest he would look fine, i dont get it why everyone who follows SS has a super shitty chest. I do fullbody workouts 3-5 times a week and i bench for a few sets of 8 each day and my chest is developing like crazy
>>
Once a month or so. I like to scrape off the built up gunk on the enamel with my fingernails for a while first, It's soothing.
>>
>>41046830
I brush once a day to avoid the bad breath and to help my teeth. But i can't help but not trust putting so many weird fucking chemicals in my mouth, so I don't go all out and brush twice or floss. I just know there's something wrong with all that shit and one day we'll make the connection to mouthwash/over brushing your teeth with dick cancer or something. If there's a more organic alternative I would do it more often.
>>
>>41048217
> "chemicals"

kys
>>
>>41048210
Anon, that is the enamel on your fingers
>>
2-3 times per day but I rarely floss or use mouthwash.
>>
Reminder that there is no definitive proof that flossing is effective in promoting healthier gums/teeth

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/f7e66079d9ba4b4985d7af350619a9e3/medical-benefits-dental-floss-unproven

This woman I know who is a practicing dentist first told me a few months ago and I still didn't believe her until I looked it up.
>>
File: 840_us_r_25ct_12-14.png (235KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
840_us_r_25ct_12-14.png
235KB, 600x600px
>>41047438
You are supposed to use floss threaders to get the floss under the wire. I rarely do it because it's still really hard and annoying to do.
>>
>>41046830
2-3 times per day
>>
Friendly reminder that overbrushing is a thing, and that brushing AFTER you eat rather than before is likely to wear down your enamel.
>>
>>41049381
Citation needed.
>>
>>41047109
mouthwash lmfao. you realize it does absolutely nothing, right?
>>
About 15-20 times a year, when I stay at some girls place or have some girl here for several days and need to pretend like I always do. Apart from that, never. I'm 30 and never had a cavity, my teeth look good and my breath is fine. I make out with at least one new girl every month and nobody has implied anything about bad breath/taste.

I stopped brushing when I was like 12. As I still didn't get cavities or any other problem I never really thought about it. Now I'm at a point where I'm convinced by experience that it's unnatural to brush your teeth and that it doesn't do any real good. I don't drink sugary drinks or a lot of juice though, and don't eat much refined sugar. I mainly drink water. I think the natural enamel build-up protects your teeth naturally, at least that's my main theory. Either case my teeth are fine. Enjoy your jewish fluoride-laced tricks.
>>
>>41049444

Hey man, they're your teeth not mine, you can look it up yourself.
>>
>>41047132
recent studies have been mixed at best on if flossing does anything at all
>>
>>41049490

desu if your diet's on fucking point, I imagine your teeth would fare okay. The idea that we evolved for millions of years to become toothless in our 20s until someone invented a toothbrush is kinda stupid. I'm still gonna brush though.
>>
>>41047438
these things are good. pretty cheap too.
>>
>>41049515
Now it's okay but throughout my teens and early 20's I had a pretty bad diet. Even used to drink sugary drink daily.
>>
Basically never
>>
>>41047438
I used a WaterPik when I had braces. My orthodontist always commented on how clean I was keeping my teeth and hardware.
>>
File: 23452345.jpg (2KB, 109x124px) Image search: [Google]
23452345.jpg
2KB, 109x124px
>>41046830
I brush in the morning and at night on most days, the exception being if I have a day off and I'm home for lunch I might brush again to make it a third time that day.

I floss at least every other night and if I feel like it I'll use some mouthwash before I go to bed. The funny thing is that I used to just brush once or twice a day and never had any dental problems, not even so much as a cavity, but as I get older I feel the need to just do more.
>>
are you supposed to brush then floss? or floss then brush?
>>
>>41049490
Im with you here, except when needed (in my case, before dentist), I never brush.
My breath is 100% fine and nobody ever implied it was off. My teeth look good and rarely have cavities. There's basically no build-up.

I refuse to believe that teeth go bad without brushing after million of years of evolution. This would mean that everybody had rotten teeth before the toothbrush?

Its so controversial that I never told anybody ever. They will literally be disgusted. My GF knows it since she's with me every day and she understood.

And here's a tip for when you do brush, use xyliwhite by Now.

In my opinion, people who have bad breath after a day without brushing are disgusting and have destroyed the bacteria's in the mouth that normally keep everything in check with all those products.
>>
>>41049776
>I refuse to believe that teeth go bad without brushing after million of years of evolution. This would mean that everybody had rotten teeth before the toothbrush?

Sugary foods were not as widespread before. It is a recent thing, and brushing was picked up more often to accommodate this.

If you don't eat sugary or garbage foods like most people then you should be fine, but if you went in the past and served people a slice of chocolate cake every week, their teeth would soon turn to shit.
>>
>>41046830
three times a day

I have retainers and need to brush/floss/rinse after every meal or the shit that gets in my gums irritates the fuck out of my mouth and causes infections.
>>
>>41049162
Wait, I brush every day and I do this shit too. I thought it was just midday plaque or something. Fuck I even use a knife sometimes. How fucked am I?
>>
>>41049964
I am a sugar lover, and for a long time, had wayyy more than a slice of cake each week. Just accept you no longer have any flora in your mouth cleaning out.
>>
>>41049490
Are teeth kind of like hair?
If you use shampoo your hair will produce excess oil to account for the dryness caused by shampoo usage. But if you do not do it for a sufficient length the oil will stop producing and your hair will look good and natural.
Is it the same with teeth, if you brush them or brush them inconsistently and then stop for a while they go really yellow and nasty whereas if you stop altogether they revert to a natural color. I can't imagine people 100 years ago where going around with yellow disgusting teeth.
A lot of this stupid consumer shit is just selling stuff to paranoid, narcissistic and image obsessed people. Who knows how much of it we actually need...
>>
>>41049672
floss and then brush makes more sense to me but idk
>>
At least once a day, might forget when I'm sick. I have a tounge scraper, really helps getting stinky goo from the mouth, it really makes a difference. Sure, you can get it of with your brush but it's really effective.
>>
>>41049162
I think you're wrong about that, anon. Tooth enamel is the hardest substance made by the human body. Your fingernails aren't hard enough to damage it.
>>
Morning and evening normal days
If I'm going to a party or meeting friends I brush before I leave
>>
>>41050251
Had 3 cavities in my mouth by the age of 14. Had to get two root canals. That's also when I actually started brushing my teeth.

Though personally I blame all the cola I drank, but I wouldn't be surprised if genetics were also involved. Either way it's a no brainer for me to keep brushing my teeth.
>>
Once a day brush, twice floas. Any more damages enamel with most tooth brushes.
Coconut oil pull first thing in the morning before breakfast, removes toxins and whites teeth and fights cavities. I had 3 cavities that no longer exist due to this technique and some pearly fucking whites with very healthy gums.
>>
>>41046995
I do after the first meal so my breath doesn't smell like shit
>>
>Brush three times a day
>Toothpicks and mouthwash after every meal

I smoke and drink a decent amount of coffee and this is the only way I kan keep my teeth nice and white.
>>
>>41046830
twice a day
>>
brush once a day but use the water pik a lot.
>>
>>41046995
>Also if your brush your teeth after your first meal of the day, you are a disgusting freak and you'll never make it

Why?
>>
>>41046995
I hope you mean "you wait until after breakfast to brush" and not just brushing after breakfast.
>>
>>41050187
It's plaque. The guy you were replying to is dumb
>>
>>41048206
Because people following SS bench 3 times every 2 weeks and don't do anything else for chest
>>
>brush teeth well twice, try to rinse out my mouth after eating
>teeth still yellow

Is this what drinking soda heavily for years has done to my teeth?
>>
>>41050281
Lol fucko, do you eat a modern diet that includes a sizable amount of sugar and carbohydrates? Do you drink coffee or other dark drinks? Take a picture of your teeth right now, eat the same foods as you do right now and don't brush your teeth for the next six months, and then post a picture of what your teeth look like then.
>>
>>41050826
Do you eat shit?
>>
>>41046830

OP how much do you squat?
>>
how important is flossing?
how important is brushing a second time each day?
>>
>>41049162
>People will believe this
>>
>>41046830
Strictly once a week.

Any more and you probably have fluoride poisoning.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.