[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

8 months in and moving at a glacial pace. any advice? My goal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: aprilprog.jpg (232KB, 2000x1600px) Image search: [Google]
aprilprog.jpg
232KB, 2000x1600px
8 months in and moving at a glacial pace. any advice?

My goal is to look like a normie with my shirt off and not have a big gut sticking out / having a void of fat curl into itself when sitting down. even being a better proportioned fat guy like most I know IRL would be nice. I cut down to 160 before thru intense daily cardio and huge cal deficit, but didn't lift and still had a gut.

here's what I've been doing right these past 8 months:
> lifting 4 days a week
> eating 2k cals a day, tracked with MFP(-300 deficit I think)
> intermittent fasting
> getting 1g of protein per lb of body weight

here's what I've been doing wrong:
> drinking a lot on Fridays, often cheating on my diet on Saturday as well when hungover
> not progressing on my lifts as much as I should.(did ok when I ate more cals but I just started getting fat again)
> ate fast food very often until a few weeks ago (met my macros but ppl here started saying there's more to it than that)

other than fixing these, any advice moving forward?
>>
What is your routine? You look DYEL as fuck. With your noob gains you should have at least a bit of muscle.
>>
You look totally DYEL. Are you doing SS by any chance? Regardless, do way more upper body volume.
>>
you're no longer fat which is a good thing
>>
>>41046008
Congrats on sticking to your routine. You are probably over thinking it man, if you want to lose weight quicker then lower your daily intake. The gut will take a long time and you gotta accept that.
>>
>>41046278
>>41046303
I'm cool with looking like a DYEL, as long as I can NOT look bad with a shirt off. I think a lack of muscle gain is from too little cals (as mentioned my lifts only went up when I was eating more, but I was also getting fat). but yeah, the noob gains theory goes against that so idk.

my routine might also be shit. I tried a lot but found exercises I felt worked well for me and I ended up with PPL routine like this:

Push
>Bench
>Incline Bench
>OHP
>Skullcrushers
>Tricep pull down
>3 sets of push ups at the end (usually only like 15 cuz I'm tired by then)

Pull
>Pull ups
>Lat pull down
>Rows
>Curls
>Wrist curls
>Hammer curl

Legs
>Squat
>Calf raise
>Lunges
>Leg ext
>Leg curl

however, my workouts usually only last 45 minutes and most days I barely break a sweat, so I feel like I'm definitely doing something wrong.

>>41046313
thanks this was oddly inspiring

>>41046333
I'm not in a hurry, I want to do it the right way. I'm not that worried about "losing weight" so much as looking better with my shirt off (figured trying to gain muscle is a good way to achieve that)
>>
You don't look like you lift.

Increase the weight. If you only increase weight when you feel like you're ready, you'll never increase it at all.
>>
>>41046578
If you can do one of those mentioned routine days in 45 mins the weight is far too light. Figure it this way roughly, if you can do another set easy after a 2 min rest, jump the weight.
>>
File: 1491370654876.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1491370654876.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>beginner lifter
>PPL

if you're having fun fine but you would far better off with a proper compound routine with some accessory shit done at the end
>>
>>41046008
Good job on the weight loss.

Lift a weight.
>>
>>41046008
Don't eat any processed food and don't buy anything with added sugar. Just drink water.
>>
>>41046680
This.

OP, you are mucking about.

Do less exercises. Focus on a small amount of heavy-ass compounds.

>>41046578
>Curls
>Wrist curls
>Hammer curl
>Lunges
>Leg ext
>Skullcrushers
>Tricep pull down
>push ups

Holy shit. What the fuck is the matter with you?
>>
>>41046008
fasted cardio m8, it's been doing wonders for me, if you can I would 10/10 recommend swimming when fasted, I absolutely love it and it torches off fat
>>
>>41046603
>>41046636

I try often but I literally just can't lift the thing. it never seems like running where I can "push myself to the limit" - it just turns into me awkwardly standing there and holding the bar. longer rest times might help so I'll definitely try that

>>41046680

I didn't mean "fun", just they're lifts that I actually feel working certain muscles / making me sore. I should probably work on doing better exercises correctly instead of just picking ones that I can do right easily. and all of the anecdotal stuff on here from uggo dyel's like me says SS and SL just turn you into t rex mode, so I tried a normie routine. even the first response in this thread is "more upper body"

>>41046704

yeah I never got the science behind this (doesnt abide by cals in vs cals out), but I tried cutting out fast food last month and already notice a difference
>>
>>41046978
SS + accessories won't turn you into t-rex and you will only be doing it for a couple of months at most before you become intermediate lifter. after that there are tons of good PL routines with accessories

so stop dicking around with that useless shit as a beginner
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.