[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How bad are artifical sweeteners?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: letöltés.jpg (14KB, 262x192px) Image search: [Google]
letöltés.jpg
14KB, 262x192px
I'm not really worried about diabeetus as I'm 5'10" 150 lbs, but how bad are artifical sweeteners? I'm specifically worried about gut flora and mind destroyer substances.
>>
File: greasy-fast-food.jpg (276KB, 1024x750px) Image search: [Google]
greasy-fast-food.jpg
276KB, 1024x750px
Is it possible that food causes the mind to become dumb or smart? Affect thinking? For example if I swtich from water to coca cola, is my brain going to become dumb? What about foods? If I eat hamburgers instead of chicken or I eat high fructose corn syrup?
>>
Science hasn't really settled on whether or not that shit is bad for you. I mean people say it causes cancer in lab rats, but they feed them like a mountain of it a day.

imho there's no point in consuming the stuff anyway. Are you really that desperate for some fake bullshit sugar taste? I stopped eating sugary bullshit a long time ago and don't regret it. If you really need to sweeten your coffee or tea because you're too much of a bitch to drink it black, just use honey or something. That shit is made by bees. Bees are natty af.
>>
Aspartame in high doses does give you cancer. Also it metabolises down to formaldehyde. Do you want to have fucking formaldehyde in your body?!

Sucralose can give some people headaches.

These are some weird ass chemicals only recently just cooked up in a laboratory. Why can't they just sweeten things with glucose that's been around for the last million years?
>>
The other thing to note is that they cause an increase in blood insulin. Too much insulin gives insulin resistance, too much insulin resistance leads to obesity, metabolic syndrome and diabetes. Which can lead to heart disease and strokes etc. Artificial sweeteners are an epic fuck up of epic proportions.
>>
In terms of dieting, I think the danger comes from the increased sugar cravings you get. A person who drinks diet drinks is more likely to have a sugar filled diet. There have also been studies that show that certain artificial sweeteners increase insulin resistance more than regular sugar.
>>
>>41038883
oh yeah thats why diabetics can drink diet coke all day. idiot.
>>
>>41038801
>imho there's no point in consuming the stuff anyway

this anon is right.
you want to lose weight or just reduce carb/sugar intake for whatever reason? then just fucking do it. dont rely on shitty replacements like diet coke or coffee with artificial sweetener. just drop all the sweet shit. you dont need it, and the sooner you learn to discipline yourself into resisting your cravings for it, the better off you will be in the long term.
>>
File: 1490293078342.jpg (27KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1490293078342.jpg
27KB, 640x480px
>>41038801
>Bees are natty af.

fucking kek
>>
all of the following give me hives. though testing over months.

aspaetame, ace-k, sucralose, saccharine, erythritol, steviol glycosides (truvia)

fuck that shit.
>>
>>41039373
It does not matter how much insulin the diabetic has in the body, it matters that the receptors for insulin do not work anymore.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.