[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ZMA discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: zma nutrition.jpg (30KB, 455x300px) Image search: [Google]
zma nutrition.jpg
30KB, 455x300px
I'm currently taking only 1 tablet of ZMA instead of the recommended 3. Why would I ever want more than 100% of DV? It's not like all my nutrition is coming only from supplements. Top this up with other preworkout/postworkout supplements, and you're increasing your kidney's chance to fail.

Having said this, would you recommend me bumping my intake to 2 tablets?
>>
>>41035575
%DV is set at 100% when you eat 2000 cals a day. If you eat 2500 cals a day then you should hit 150% of the DV recommendation and so on. Also it is set at a level that is sufficient enough to avoid disease, not what is ideal for optimal health.

Tldr %DV means fuck all until you hit the upper toxicity limits.
>>
>>41036229
125% retard
>>
>>41036229
>>41036242
yup, but even 125% is very easily manageable, some supplements go upto 1333% percent which is ridiculous
>>
>>41035575
I'm from Germanistan and my ZMA label suggests the intake of 1 capsule in german, while it's 3 for all other languages.
Went with two/day, until I realized that ZMAs are more expensive than just getting each ingredient seperately and don't contain other stuff you might want if you supplement zinc: Zinc hinders copper intake and supplementation may lead to deficiencies - I read somewhere that a good copper to zinc ratio would be 1:10, so I went with that and some magnesium supplement seperately
>>
>>41035575

Because DV levels are comically low.

They're pretty much the bare minimum to stay alive. You ever noticed how the recommended value for Vitamin D is 400 IU, and then how it's impossible to find a Vit. D supplement with less than 1000 IU? That's because your body can, and will, use a lot more.
>>
>>41036964

Interesting. Didn't know about this. Will look up thanks
>>
>>41035575
>Why would I ever want more than 100%

GTFOH
>>
>>41037000

>Vitamin C DV is 100mg, i take 2g a day
>Vitamin D is 1000IU here and (((they))) only sell pills with more as weekly depot caps

I take 5 deopt capsules so i have 5000IU per day. Pretty funny because in 15 minutes of sunlight the body produces like 50000IU.

(((they))) don't want you to feel good
>>
>>41035575
Take 2 daily, one morning and one night. With each dose take ashwaganda.
Eventually you'll throw the zma into the garbage and only use the ashwaganda.
>>
Does anyone else get fucking bizzaro hyper-realistic dreams from taking full dose ZMA? I've had to stop myself from taking it because whenever I sleep, the dream ends up turning into a lifetime within itself, and it's always something really fucking odd and crazy, and when I wake up I feel completely disoriented as if I had been sleeping for 10 years.
>>
>>41038855

No, but that sounds like fun.
>>
ZMAs make me overdose on magnesium, which turns to diarrhea.
>>
>>41038855
Yes, but only when I first started it. I read that it's a sign that you are defficent, I think in zinc and it went away after a week or so.
>>
>>41037000

Adding:
The more active you are, the more you need of certain minerals regardless of caloric intake. Magnesium and zinc are two of them.

The easiest way for me to know if I'm low is after a heavy DL session how easy it is to keep an erection. Super low means dead noodle. Low means it's a challenge to stay hard. Really good means my dick has a god tier pump even when I'm soft
>>
>>41038855
>tfw I almost never remember my dreams

In otherwords, no
>>
how do I into %values?

the recommended ones seem low but I dont want to be taking that shit so high that I get negative side effects
>>
File: 1489617649860.jpg (63KB, 478x658px) Image search: [Google]
1489617649860.jpg
63KB, 478x658px
>>41038763
I just ordered ashwaganda in 450mg caps, mind sharing the effect it has on you?
>>
>>41038855

I'm a lucid dreamer. The only difference a zinc/magnesium supplement does for me in that area is keeps them from becoming the most bizarre horror movie ever.

What you may want to do is learn how to wake up immediately after the last REM cycle of your sleep. REM sleep has the closest match to waking brainwave patterns, so if you go to bed at a consistent time and set your alarm for a consistent time, then you have a chance to nail this down.

I'm not a morning person, but rolling out of bed straight from a dream into the shower is a hell of a lot less disorienting than dream ends/alarm sounds/hit snooze/doze back off/fall partway into next cycle/stumble into shower like a drunk & half blind man
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.