[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prioritizing bench over OHP >Never gonna make it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_0617.jpg (57KB, 464x293px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0617.jpg
57KB, 464x293px
Prioritizing bench over OHP
>Never gonna make it
>>
but irl youre more likely to horizontally push something than lmaovertically
>>
>>41032658
unironically the pic is using a non-optimal grip.

also press has no much carryover with bench.
>>
File: IMG_0618.jpg (55KB, 383x572px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0618.jpg
55KB, 383x572px
>>41032676
Not lifting people overhead
>never gonna make it
>>
Where can I find pictures like this for other exercises?

I want to learn more about exercise movements and what muscles they target.
>>
>>41032682
>2017
>using anything but open grip for bench and ohp
Stay small lad
>>
>>41032658
OHP for shoulders
Bench for chest

I do both but thats the reason why i do each
>>
>>41032682
Not much carryover?

Cause you dont use delts during bench

and OHP doesnt increase delt strength...
>>
>>41032690
Google
"*Exercise* Muscles worked."
>>
>>41032700
>>41032682

He's right. Alan Thrall even went over this recently.
>>
>>41032690
Second, that would actually be a quality post on /fit/
>>
>>41032676
if youre gonna push anything irl horizontally youre supposed to use your legs and not your chest

only carryover to irl with bench would prolly be if somebody would lie down on your chest but honestly i have no idea why ever that would happen
>>
Who else does kneeling ohp's here? It's a great exercise, you can't cheat your way out of those grindy last reps.
>>
>>41032700
i meant grip width.
OP's is slightly too wide hence inefficient because there's still a moment arm with the shoulder and the elbow.

for OHP, when i use thumb-around grip somehow i cant lift the same amount of weight as i can with open grip...

>>41032706
bench has carryover to press but not viceversa - google it.
>>
>>41032742
Grinding is not cheating.
>>
the bench is a better exercise because it is not limited by the tiny muscles of the front delts

you can move more weight through a similar range of motion and you utilize the chest to a much greater extent, the triceps to a greater extent, and you still hit delts

feel free to prioritize OHP but if you're only doing it because your bench sucks shit and you can't get the technique down be honest about that
>>
>>41032676

Think about pushing something along the floor with max effort. You lean forward, you push with your legs and your arms go out above your head. You don't stand upright and just push with your arms and chest unless it weighs fuck all.

Most horizontal pushing movements are approximately closer to an ohp than a bench. OHP has way more athletic carry over too.

Fuck knows why everyone decided bench was the best lift for sporting upper body strength.
>>
>>41032676
Your shoulders help you more with real life movements.
How often do you do a movement where you specifically bring you elbows closer together.
>>
>>41033518
This. Usually the case. I did only OHP for almost a year because my bench technique was just shit. I went back to benching and now I love it more than OHP.

There was not much carryover from OHP to bench at all, which agrees with common opinion.

My shoulders did get bigger but not by a large extent, probably would have been better benching/dipping big and doing some laterals or something.
>>
>>41033548
because it trains more muscle mass with heavier loading

it's objectively better for building the upper body pressing muscles
>>
>>41033518
you do know that ohp is a great way to improve your bench press don't you? retard.
>>
Push press is genghis khan of pressing.
>>
>>41033561
unless you have a front delt weakness in the bench press it will have minimal carryover to your bench press, and any time and energy spent training it could have also been spent on bench variations that would have carried over more directly

clearly you just read starting strength or something and are new to this lifting thing, so stop arguing on the internet until you have 5+ years of experience
>>
>>41033575
this
>>
>>41032690
>>41032711
Search in android appstore "MuscleMatics" bretty gud animations there, picrel
>>
>>41033702
how accurate is this though?
>>
>>41033915
i mean this is VERY basic science, my guy
>>
>>41032701
never gonna make it
>>
Prioritizing muscle over developement of the mind.

>do I even have to say it?
>>
>>41032658
am I the only one not doing flat bench?
I just do incline and OHP.
>>
>>41034119
>le mutual exclusion meme
>>
>>41034146

>le renessaince man meme

Graduating high school doesn't mean you are intelligent.
>>
Masaka....there's actually a serius discussion thread on /fit/
>>
>>41032658
Pump with OHP or heavy push press >>>>>> pump from bench

I see too many guys at the gym with big arms and babby delts and traps. Normies wouldn't notice, but do your fucking strict presses and deadlifts ffs
>>
>>41033561
but that's wrong
>>
>>41032658
Bench is a FUCKING meme exercise
OHP and dips all the way
>>
>>41032690

Exrx.net
>>
>>41032690
Read the fucking SS.
>>
>>41032658
On days when you gotta do OHP and Bench, which order do you do them in? I always do bench first but then I can't OHP close to my max
>>
>>41034383
I never OHP and Bench on the same day, I live at least 1-2 days in between those two.
>>
>>41034383
assuming you benched or OHP'd with any intensity or with any decent volume, you won't be able to do anything decent on your second exercise

just pick one to prioritize that day
>>
>>41034383
speaking of OHP, is it normal the hardest part is getting bar from chest to chin? Or i should do smth to fix it and how?
>>
>>41032690
strength training anatomy.pdf
>>
>>41034433
sticking point is usually around the head, because this is where the front delts are at the biggest mechanical disadvantage
>>
>>41032690
In the sticky you giant faggot
>>
>>41032658
so that's why my pecs have a weird shape
>only doing horizontal bench press
>>
OHP is the most nu-male exercise of our times

I like it though
>>
>>41033548
>OHP has way more athletic carry over too.

Yep. It's why every athlete in the world does vertical pressing movements and doesn't give a fuck how much they can bench.
>>
>>41034498
That's my sticking point. Managed 8 reps at 67.5KG Yesterday but always wind up failing just above the head. I thought that indicated triceps failing and so I should do more direct tricep work?
>>
>>41035161
your triceps are very unlikely to be holding your overhead press back, you would have to basically never bench press or do any direct tricep work for this to be possible

characteristic and very common front delt weakness, just hit the OHP with more volume
>>
Thumbless grip overhead press, represent
>>
>>41035196
Ah I see. My front delts are pretty overdeveloped so i won't do any acessory work for them. Is just above the head a normal place to fail then I take it? Going for a PR next week looking to get 85KG OHP 1RM (currently I weigh 70kg)
>>
>>41035220
push press isn't the same as OHP, m8

or are you a manlet?
>>
>>41035220
yeah, it's perfectly normal

pretty much any lift has some portion of the range of motion that is the most mechanically disadvantageous, and having that portion be your sticking point basically means nothing is wrong and you should just continue training the entire lift more and getting stronger

you can bring up your front delts to press more, but that doesn't mean that sticking point will go anywhere - still the worst position mechanically, and still the smaller front delts will still limit your before your triceps, you'll have the same sticking point at a higher weight
>>
>>41032676
>Irl pushing movements allow for some sort of t-spine support

"No"
>>
>>41034127

I do -8 degrees decline and some incline
>>
>>41035258
Solid response good advice cheers
>>
how about this push pull:

Day 1
Squat 4x5
Pull up 4x5
Chest barbell row 3x10
Lat pullwdon 3x10
Plank 3x60
Side plank3x60

Day 2
Deadlift 4x5
Bench press 4x5
Dumbell fly 4x10
Military press 4x5
Side raises 4x5
Plank
Side plank
>>
My tendon in my left elbow hurts when I ohp, is my tricep weak or is my grip wrong?
>>
>>41034413
>>41034402
Noted. I've re organised my routine so that I don't have them on the same day
>>
>>41035599
Tragic
>>41035884
Go see a doctor bro
>>
>>41032742
Grinding isnt cheating you dumbo, cheating is cheating.
If you use your leg drive or raise your heels off the ground quickly to get it up youre not OHP anymore anyway. I hate people who do cheat reps
>>
>>41035927
what is a good push pull routine then?
>>
how do you get out of a plateau for this exercise?
>>
>Not replacing your flat bench for incline
confirmed dyel
I bet ya'll do bro splits too.
>>
>>41032741
>honestly i have no idea why ever that would happen

You've been drugged and a fat bitch is sitting on you while her other friend is riding your dick. You're about to cum and you can't have this whale becoming a mother and hitting you up for child support while society commends her for how brave she is.
>>
>>41036156
> not doing flat & incline dumbbell press
lmfao scrub enjoy your no gains
>>
>>41036200
I wish I could weaponize this amount of autism. I do OHP on tricep AND shoulder day.
>>
>>41036279
>I wish I could weaponize this amount of autism

>I do not have imagination or writing skills to fabricate a false story for the sake of humor.

I take it you have a hard time socializing with people because you lack any substance to your character.
>>
>>41035220
Not only is it normal, it's a good thing because it means that it's quite a safe lift to fail.
>>
>>41033575

I'm confused by what exactly you're arguing here, why would you not train both? They're different exercises for different purposes
>>
>>41035220

You're in the wrong place for OHP advice man, I got called a liar by about 8 different anons for saying my OHP 1RM was 85 kg at 75 kg bodyweight
>>
>>41036455
This, tbqh.

For elite pressing information check out the blog of Dezso Ban.

He has tons of old articles about old pressing routines.
>I am nobody and you have one eye
>>
my bench increases like crazy with barely any effort so I dropped it for OHP for the last 10 months.

OHP is a demanding mistress but you gotta focus on your weaknesses.
>>
>>41036455
how did you personally increase your OHP to 85kg?

i tried a TM split model with a volume press day and an intensity press day but barely increased it. i will try anything.
>>
File: fitthing.jpg (398KB, 857x1202px) Image search: [Google]
fitthing.jpg
398KB, 857x1202px
>>41036504
Thanks for that blog.
>>
>>41033702
>android
Get that weak shit >>>outahere/
>>
OHP are so much more fun than bench presses. and you can push yourself harder without some annoying DYEL spotter or the risk of hanging yourself.
>>
>>41032658
Am I not supposed to wrap my thumbs?! Dafuq
>>
>>41036504
>elite pressing
why is this relevant to anyone but world class lifters? intermediates wouldn't do any better on smolov squats than they would presumably on one of those programs.
>>
>>41032690
>>41032711
We succesfully bullied the transgender brazilian homo that made those posts away.
We'll do the same with you.
>>
>>41035991
PUSH PRESS
U
S
H

P
R
E
S
S
IF you can't finish your sets, finish it off with push press and deload next week or w/e you do. I like to max out on push pressing some days, get you used to heaver weights(can push press 60 pounds more than I can OHP).
>>
>>41037414
I left that for a guy who clearly had an interest in moving past advanced level into exceptional/elite. Some average guy thinking it's for him is clearly neither my intent nor my problem,
>you fool.
>>
>>41035599
this is a bad troll, right?
>>
>>41036650

Honestly I just busted my ass on it, really no secrets. Try adding some push press and behind the neck press and push press. I also have long arms which seems to give me good leverages on OHP.
>>
>>41032689
I love cute retro chicks, man.
>>
>>41037957
busted your ass how? how many days per week, hat set/rep scheme, what intensities etc

i've tried a lot of different approaches and nothing works. i have a high bench, high squat etc but my press will just not budge. i even use microplates

i have 2 more ideas: 5/3/1 and nuckols 3x a week bench with OHP in place of bench. if they both fail too i'm fucked.
>>
>>41037765
after failing a rep and grinding doing the push isn't very safe atleast for me. Going all out means i've gone all out and i don't have the energy to do push press safely
>>
>>41038118

1x per week, nothing so programmed

Starting from a warm up I work my way up to a max effort single, then back off just enough to do some slow controlled sets of 5-8 until I can't get a set of 5. Then I do a few other non-shoulder things then hit behind the neck press or push press depending on how I feel that day, either light controlled reps or heavy max effort doubles/triples.

As far as direct shoulder work that's about it, or I might add in some light sets of dumbbell press or seated press if I'm waiting for a bench or something to open up. My shoulders get hit pretty good 2 other days a week though when I do chest or biceps stuff. Take my advice with a huge grain of salt, it's taken me years to work up to that OHP and I'm sure you could get there way faster and easier with someone who knows what they're doing.
>>
>>41038354
thanks, breh.

its a shame that people in general don't know what they're doing when it comes to this stuff. if you want advice on how to increase your bench, squat, deadlift, snatch, clean or jerk, there's more info that you could read in a whole year. no coach needs to increase their athletes' OHP optimally I think so the literature on it is scant.
>>
File: sad snake.png (859KB, 870x870px) Image search: [Google]
sad snake.png
859KB, 870x870px
>>41032658
>tfw want to get bigger delts
>tfw OHP hurts my back at any significant weight
>>
>>41038118
Many ways to skin the cat.

Behind the neck press made the biggest difference for me.

Surprisingly, volume isn't the whole answer. I do volume at the beginning of the workout (15-30 reps), and then I move to heavy triples, doubles, then singles
>>
>>41036200
This is oddly scary and convincing me to work on bench more.
>>
>>41038118
I just got 60kg OHP at 80kg. I stalled for months at 50kg. What helped me get up a bit is OHP 3x a week and going lighter on bench so my heaviest pushing was always OHP. I also added in landmine presses with t-bars for volume. Its another shoulder push movement. I can only say that i got sudden new progress for me adding in those two changes. See if it works for you.
>>
i'd prioritized OHP over bench for the first 3 years and only ever got to 70kg. then i prioritized bench over OHP for just 2 months and my OHP went up to 80kg. now i only bench heavy and do light assistance work for shoulders, which works pretty damn well.
>>
>>41038808
have you checked your form my amigo?
>>
>>41038952
>>41038983
>that conflicting advice
if i had to choose one, i'd pick the guy who presses 20kg more
>>
>>41036033
eat more, shoulder accessories
>>
>>41039036
Maybe find what works for you. Because you know like bodies are different. The guy who presses 20kg more also said it took him years. Im at a year and 3 months now of lifting so I might be better than him in a few months.
>>
>>41039064
guy with 80kg ohp here. i stalled at 70 after about a year. the following two years, i tried a lot of things to progress, except for taking bench seriously for once. now it's still increasing bit by bit and i don't even care about ohp anymore
>>
>>41039064
>>41039087
but then maybe other training styles do work better for other people, the hell do i know, i'm not a scientist. i'm just spouting out bro science while looking better than 90% at the gym.
>>
>>41038808
EXTEND HIPS AT THE START OF THE MOVEMENT WHILST MAINTAINING A CONSTANT THORASIC SPINE POSITION
>>
>>41039087
ok. Im not insulting you just trying to tell the other guy my worked for me and what might be worth trying for him. He seemed depressed he wasnt advancing.
>>
>>41032658
why not do both in same session?
>>
>>41039126
>He seemed depressed he wasnt advancing.
that guy here. tell me about it.

so i'll add in heavy benching again (have only done 3 sets of cgbp per week for the last 10 months, dropped all conventional benching which i now regret) and snatch grip presses, as well as increading frequency and volume.

lord knows how i'm going to program this
>>
>>41038983
>Prioritizing
The fuck is wrong with you mongrels why are you prioritizing anything and not hitting everything hard as fuck
>>
>>41039141
that's exactly what he meant by "prioritizing". alternating bench and ohp would be the only way to avoid that.
>>
>tfw doing bench

>stalling cant hit that 2 plate never

Switched to ohp as my main lift and for chest I do only dumbbell stuff

>tfw chest bigger than ever
>delts and tricep exploded due to OHP

Repping 1 plate for reps at 80 kg BW
>>
>>41039151
>implying the second push exercise of the day will increase as fast as the first one
>implying people have time to go to the gym 5 times a week just to train the most important exercises equally
>>
>>41039166
>Repping 1 plate for reps
let me guess: sets of five? if so, you've probably never really stalled before
>>
File: 1491057284680.jpg (160KB, 700x926px) Image search: [Google]
1491057284680.jpg
160KB, 700x926px
>>41039194
>They have rest days
>They think they are making it
>>
>>41039238
do you have a job, friends and a gf? any hobbies other than lifting?
>>
>>41039254
All of the above. It's really not that hard if you aren't low energy.
>>
>>41037765
what is a good push press routine
>>41037911
are you against push press in general or just that particular push press, in either case please justify your answer
>>
>>41032658
Any tips on improving my OHP?
I'm stuck at 45kg for reps. As a reference: I bench press 85kg for reps
>>
>>41039939
how many reps?
>>
yesterday someone told me i was untrained with a 100kg 5 reps bench press, was he trolling me?
>>
>>41040166
he's right, thats fucking 15 yo territory... and a manlet 15yo, step up your game
>>
>>41040166
can you have a nice semi-bulky ottermode tending towards athletic without ever lifting very heavy weights?
>>
>>41040156
5-7
>>
>>41040166
some people will be able to do this as soon as they start lifting but these people are pretty much one in every million. the only people i can think of who might be able to jump right in and do 2plate bench x 5 right off the bat are gymnasts and similar athletes.

yeah he was trolling you.
>>
HELLLP IM A GRILL

because of my metabolism no matter how much i eat i can never get fat. I've never weighted more than 43 kg. Is it possible it has a n effect on my hormones? my tits are almost non existan my chest is like a polished flat surface.

Im 21yo now, is there a way to fix my hormones at this age? also, if i do that will it make my tits grow or is it too late?
>>
>>41040337
This isnt QTDDTOT.
>>
>>41040380
this

>>41040337
this is a good thread, one of the few, please don't derail it wih QTDDTOT garbage or go derail a manlet thread
>>
>>41036416
i'm confused by what you don't understand

that guy said OHP is a great way to increase your bench, which is only true if you specifically have a front delt weakness limiting your bench, in all other circumstances you will see more carryover from bench press variants or more bench press volume

as far as training both goes - if your goal is a big overhead press, you should train both

however, any time you overhead press you are directly sacrificing potential bench volume during that session - good luck trying to bench press with fried front delts from overhead work, it's not going to work
>>
>>41036416
here's why i don't train both anymore, although I did for several years:

1. overhead press hits delts very hard, triceps moderately, chest negligibly
2. bench press hits chest hard, triceps hard, delts moderately
3. i can handle a lot of bench volume and frequency without getting any pain, the same was not true for overhead press
4. my press has no carryover to my bench at all, my bench has significant carryover to my press

any overhead pressing I do is taking away from the amount of bench I can do, and I would rather effectively train my chest, triceps, and front delts than just my front delts
>>
>>41040380
ohh sorry, hehe. i had both tabs opened and i got it mix up.
>>
>>41039744
I would treat is at a main lift, and OHP as accessory. But I don't specialize it.
https://www.t-nation.com/training/my-favorite-upper-body-lift
>>
>>41038808
Do direct lower back(hyper extensions) and ab work (weighted incline situps). You probably have a weak core, I did.
>>
>>41040617
at what point in your lifting did you transition out of doing OHP and solely into doing bench?
For a beginner would you still recommend the alternating every other day pattern used by SL 5x5?
>>
File: 1483337445315.png (528KB, 707x541px) Image search: [Google]
1483337445315.png
528KB, 707x541px
>>41032658
>that grip
>>
>>41042394
Tbh, a more narrow grip is common for people going from beginner to intermediate.

After that people really find a groove.

Arm length and radius:ulna bone proportions effect grip width the most.

I personally started using a wider grip after I started pressing more than my bodyweight.
>>
>>41038882
It should, it's very real anon. Very real.
>>
>>41032676
nobody cares about being functional if ur a male u can already lift anything u want in the world without an issue so stfu
>>
>>41032658
and why not? the carryover between the two is pretty decent. you can progress in bench much faster than you can in press not to mention lift far heavier weight and get even better gains
>>
File: 61550483_p0.png (1MB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
61550483_p0.png
1MB, 1200x1200px
>>41038882
Gotta get that pull-out game on King Arthur's level.
>>
>>41032676
t.vertically deficient
>>
>>41036200
The hidden fear in every man's heart. Add a feminist accomplice with the fat chick and it's game over to your life.

Happened to a buddy of mine. Use to go out partying, kicking back, having a great ol' time. He's 24 a year into starting his life and has recently got himself together enough to start dating seriously. He still has the party side in him and wants me to go out with him. Of course I go, the bro love is real and I would always have his back.

So we're out and we hitting on chicks. Getting turned down here and there but it's whatever. At the end of the night we part ways, I should've watched over him.

The next day he tells me that one of the ugly chicks at the end of the bar that was eyeing us, which were the same chicks we made fun of, drugged one of his drinks and took him to their house.

Pretty much the same scenario happened as this anon making a story about.

3 years later and hes stuck with child support and college loans. Almost lost his job over all this since they made a scene at his job saying how he would agree to be a donor for a lesbian couple
>>
I generally only do a max single of OHP at most followed by 3-5 back off sets of BTN press and some lateral raises. I do this thrice a week, and it has taken my strict press to 2pl8 and my BTN press to just over 1pl8 for 10. Make sure you also include rear delt work.
>>
>>41036279
>shoulder day
>>
>>41042701
From a mechanics standpoint optimum grip width places your forearms perpendicular to the bar
>>
>>41037001
its on IOS too nigga i checked
>>
>>41044639
are you fucking kidding me, can't you sue for that shit? what the hell man.. go to the police or something this blows my mind.

>3 years later and hes stuck with child support and college loans. Almost lost his job over all this since they made a scene at his job saying how he would agree to be a donor for a lesbian couple

can you elaborate?
>>
>>41044659
>Behind the neck press

Have fun slowly sawing a hole in your rotator cuff
>>
>>41044729
Lesbians usually ask for a donor so they can have a kid naturally. Some go the legal route, other conniving couples go the "let's grab a horny boy and ask for a donor" Horny boy fucks one of them for a baby. Since the boy is horny, he doesn't sign any legal consent forms and they get him!

I keep telling my friend he can fight this since it was rape (reminder I was only explaining donor couple works not that it what happened to my friend) but he is as such a disbelief this took place that he feels stuck and screwed and because of the scrutiny he gets from his co-workers he actually feels like a criminal.
>>
>>41042305
about 4 years into lifting I ditched the overhead press entirely

for a beginner, I would recommend they do more benching if the goal is size and overall pressing strength

at the very least, don't alternate bench and OHP and just bench twice a week, OHP on the middle day

for someone who wants a big chest, forget the OHP and just incline bench instead

the problem with a 1:1 bench:OHP ratio is that OHP doesn't hit the chest or triceps that effectively, so you are basically only hitting chest/triceps 6x a month which is not optimal for developing those muscle groups

also bench is fairly technical and usually responds well to higher frequencies
>>
bench press has mediocre carryover to ohp
ohp has mediocre carryover to bench

push press has good carryover to both
>>
>>41044639
He should have gone and gotten a blood test done the next day then filed charges.
>>
>>41036033
Do it seated. When you unrack the weigh you should already be at full extension, helps you get more reps, so you can up the weight.
>>
>>41035289
Maybe he's a lumberjack with narcolepsy.
>>
>>41039118
HIPS ARE EXTENDED THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE MOVEMENT OR YOU'RE A CHEATING SHIT
>>
>>41039939
Fix your form. You're probably doing some sort of triceps-heavy meme form with elbows pointing at asia.
Try if you can press from a full front rack.
If you can't, you've been meming the lift. Deload and do it right this time.
>>
>>41047299
flaring more would not be more triceps heavy, it would shift emphasis to lateral delts more

besides, shifting emphasis to triceps could only make you stronger in the press
>>
>>41032690
Strength Training Anatomy by Delavier
Youre welcome
>>
>>41047337
When you say flare elbows do you mean that they externally rotate too early in the movement and that one's grip is likely too narrow?

This is a different anon asking
>>
>>41047497
if your elbows were pointing ahead of you, they are now pointing to the side of you

that's what i mean by flaring
>>
>>41047564
Oh, like doing a behind the neck press except in front of you
>>
>>41047586
yeah that's a good way to put it
>>
>>41040576
>>41040617

Gotcha, thanks. I can't into reading comprehension I guess
>>
File: Sn3xfay.png (112KB, 688x1434px) Image search: [Google]
Sn3xfay.png
112KB, 688x1434px
>this thread

lmao salty bench nerds get out of my thread.
>>
>>41047337
t. presses sub2pl8
>>
>>41032658
Clean and press is the GOAT exercise.
I don't like benching, but OHP just makes me feel good when I do it.
>>
I work as a mover. Basically in terms of useful strength

1. Grip
2. Back
3. Legs
4. Biceps, for manipulating heavy shit.

Both pressed are worthless, but bench more so.
>>
daily reminder that you should row at least the same as you bench. If your row is weaker than your bench, it will lead to muscular imbalances and that ultimately will cause you to leave pounds on your bench.
You spend all day shitposting here, how about you use 20min to do some proper research you fucking niggers
>>
>>41048622

What does row mean? Like pendlay row? Or just normal 45 degree row from knees to belly button?

Because 100kg pendlay for reps is pretty sick cunt tier
>>
>>41048674
pendlay row = bench press is not even a symmetric weight. it's imbalanced in favor of the rows.

I.e., you're either very weak at the bench or you're not using the proper form for the rows
>>
>>41048674
>Because 100kg pendlay for reps is pretty sick cunt tier
thats because you dont row then. If you bench 2 plates and only row with 1 plate, you should be rowing more
>>
>>41033702

squats don't use your abs?
>>
>>41037181
Maybe it's because I'm a fat ass but I feel like I'm going to break my back when I ohp. Only doing 60lb dumbbells but I get that little twinge of disc compression feeling going on, but only after 6 or 7 reps when I start struggling. What do
>>
>>41049953
Gotta brace your core and flex your glutes
>>
>>41049995
OK bb
Thread posts: 171
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.