[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I keep stalling, my squat is 65kg + bar weight which is 10-15kg

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0592.png (35KB, 420x294px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0592.png
35KB, 420x294px
I keep stalling, my squat is 65kg + bar weight which is 10-15kg not sure, anyway I haven't added weight to that in 2 workout sessions, I managed to get to the 5th set fine but on the 5th I only did 2 reps before I knew I was gonna fall on my ass so I gave up, Deadlift is 95kg + bar I just about managed that, I added 2.5 to my ohp this sesh but I didn't manage the last rep on the 5th set. What am I doing wrong, I don't track calories but I eat enough proteiny calorie-y foods to the point where I feel sick and bloated, I aim for 8 hours sleep. Should I just stop trying until I've got my diet on point? I also feel tired as fuck to the point where I could close my eyes and fall asleep mid workout with squats especially

Thinking of just stopping lifting all together and doing bodyweight + weighted belt instead at least that way I can push myself to my limit without worrying about dropping the bar and I feel like you don't need to eat as much compared with icf 5x5
>>
>>41027614
Have you tried longer breaks between sets? The heavier the weight, the longer the break, basically.
>>
>>41027649
Could be where I'm going wrong, I lift with my dad and he likes to just go ham and not have much of a break, doesn't seem to slow him down though and he's 40
>>
>>41027614
Try deloading!
>>
>>41027665
Try taking a longer break, like 30-60 seconds longer than you usually do, then see what happens!
>>
>>41027665
Pretty sure it's not this though, I do have a rest for 2-4 mins
>>
>>41027668
I'll try this but how much do I deload by, hurts my ego tho as well cos I know I'm lifting baby weight
>>41027674
Yeah I'll give it a go
>>
>>41027614
Sometimes you just stall. I was stuck on 185 lbs 3rm for a couple of months. I just kept at it making sure my form was perfect and out of nowhere I started adding weight. At 245 ass to ground 3rm now and adding every week.
>>
OP you're me except I've been at this a lot longer. I'm never gonna make it brehs.

chances are you're making a beginner mistake like not actually eating enough.
>>
Maybe deload a bit, get that good form again and add some weight again. Works for me. Also, you can also get stronger by adding more reps if you're scared for dropping the bar. Lets say 8 instead of 5 and then add some weight when you hit 4 or 5 x 8, to do 4 or 5 x 6-8 etc.
>>
>>41027757
I mean my eatings pretty sketchy sometimes throughout the day I'll go ages without eating but then I'll make up for it with a huge meal so I don't know
>>41027736
Maybe, I'll just keep at the same sort of weight until it starts feeling easy and then I'll go up
>>
>>41027736
So will lifting with incorrect form cause you to stall?
>>
Also my isolation lifts go up consistently, seems like my arms are very strong in comparison to everything else
>>
How often are you squatting per week?

What you need is some aggression and music that pumps you up.

I just repeat in my head that its light weight and even though it feels heavy I will finish the reps no matter how long it takes like I have done for every work out previous.

I only add 5lbs of weight every week and seem to be making progress.
>>
>>41027614
Eat more. Warmup and stretch.
>I knew I was gonna fall on my ass so I gave up
never going to make it
>>
>>41027871
3 days a week, it's ICF 5x5, I don't think the mentality is there for me a lot of the time like I dread those heavy compound lifts
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.