[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are potatoes really bad for you? I love them. They're delicious,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: potatoes.jpg (1MB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
potatoes.jpg
1MB, 1500x1125px
Are potatoes really bad for you?

I love them. They're delicious, cheap and easy to prepare. Do I have to give them up to make it?
>>
>>41027543
No. Anyone who says otherwise it's a memester
>>
Why would they be bad for you? This carbphobia meme has taken on comedic proportions. People are so confused about the basics of healthy eating that they're scared of eating a fucking potato. Hilarious
>>
>>41027543
It spikes your insulin levels pretty highly. Eat around workouts or not at all
>>
>>41027590
>muh insulin fairy

reddit strike again
>>
>>41027590
How did a 50 year old soccer mom get on 4chan?
>>
>>41027543
Fried/Breakfast? no
Baked/Post Workout? YES
>>
>>41027590

WTF, source???
>>
Sort of related, what's a good low-protein high-calorie snack I can eat in between classes? Needs to be cheap as hell too.
>>
>>41027543
Potatoes KILLED my father and raped my mother
>>
>>41027781
http://www.mendosa.com/insulin_index.htm
https://ses.library.usyd.edu.au/bitstream/2123/11945/2/Bell_KJ_thesis_2.pdf#page=21
>>
>>41027543
I feel you diabetic avoid but you won't die eating a potato just like eating McDonalds won't make you a fat ass unless it comprises your entire diet and you eat 2 Big Macs with each meal with a maintain of 2700kcals.
>>
File: IMG_0238.jpg (84KB, 722x349px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0238.jpg
84KB, 722x349px
>>41027986
*if you are diabetic
>mfw my autocorrect
>>
>>41027945
>Not knowing the difference between glicemic index and glycemic load

Your sources are shit and your theory is wrong.
>>
>>41027590
You need to check a glycemic index before you say that nonsense https://www.diabetes.ca/diabetes-and-you/healthy-living-resources/diet-nutrition/the-glycemic-index
>>
>>41028282
It says insulin index right in the title you fucking idiot.
>>
File: c35.gif (804KB, 1307x734px) Image search: [Google]
c35.gif
804KB, 1307x734px
>>41028315
>>41028330
>>
>>41028315
I'm not the guy you're replying to but according to your link Russet potatoes are a high GI food.
>>
I fucking love potatoes but i avoid because I'm cutting and they are pretty high calorie for what ya get. Same with rice. I rather eat more main protein. Still eat some.every now and then
>dice red potatoes
>dice bell peppers
>crush cloves of garlic
>dice onions
>slice baby portabellas
>add some seasonings <not as important>
>toss all ingredients with a little bit of olive oil
>wrap in foil and toss on grill 30 mins
>grill your main protein while drinking a beer
>jerk off outside because it's finally warm again
>enjoy your steak/chicken/pork/fish and potatoes
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.