[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fit Careers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 36

File: 1420166318282.jpg (38KB, 706x720px) Image search: [Google]
1420166318282.jpg
38KB, 706x720px
What do you guys do for a living?
Does your job make it hard for you to make gains?
>>
>>41027418
Nothing, I'm a NEET.
>>
upcoming trader
>>
>>41027454

>upcoming

So nothing right now
>>
external auditor working in big4
>>
Electrician
Not able to eat lunch some days, but still increase in gains
>>
>>41027418
software dev intern
It's great, lots of free time and money
>>
>>41027418
Currently living the miserable neet life
>>
>personal trainer
>physical therapist
>work every client to a 1-2x/month basis so I end up writing programs
>have so many at the moment I need to hire someone to help
>funds a cushy lifestyle, really healthy and funds me competing in powerlifting
>>
>>41027745
Which? Tryna get down that route. PwC won't sniff at me but EY seems legit
>>
>>41027418
Med student. Planning on getting into orthopaedics later literally not to spend all day sitting.
>>
Youth worker, gym is in the same building as my job. When I have not much on I skip admin and go lift.
>>
Mortgage loan officer.

Have round shoulder and forward head.

Sucks
>>
>>41027418
General Manager for shipping. Clocking 60 - 70 hour weeks but I still get to the gym every other day. Well worth the 100k with only a high school diploma not to mention I get to talk shit to my boss without repercussions and get to tell people to fuck off on a daily basis
>>
>>41028150
Where? How soon did you apply? Are you still in school? How many other places did you apply to?
>>
>>41028185
Lewis?
>>
File: 1420505588697.png (195KB, 315x476px) Image search: [Google]
1420505588697.png
195KB, 315x476px
How did you guys know whaat you wanted to do in life?

I'm 23 years old and I feel like shit. I'm probably going to get kicked out this year. I'm not doing well in any of my classes and I just don't like my major. I've been in school for 5 years and I'm still a fucking junior. I hate my life so much.

I've been applying for a lot of desk positions and office jobs. Idk maybe I can work my way up or something. I really hope I can get a good job. I'm terrible at interviews, so trying to get a real job scares me. I've been reading blog and watching videos on how to do well in interviews, but fuck man I'm still pretty nervous. I've also been studying for IT certs. It will make me look a lot more well rounded......I hope.
>>
>>41028308
I am >>41028200
I have had problems with anxiety and depression. Social anxiety too. Honestly my best advice is volunteer. Try things out. Just a day a week, but keep at it and see if you stick/start to love a job.
>>
>Bartender
>Constantly moving for 6-9 hours
>Stack kegs of Augustiner (30-50L = 30-50KG) up to 3 kegs high
>functional deadlift/OHP
>dangerous and highly illegal

All in all I burn a fuckton of calories and shifting roughly 20 kegs a night is definitely becoming easier by the week. Bar work at a busy place is gains friendly as fuck.
>>
>>41027418
Pharmacy student. Not a lot of free time right now, but at least when I get the diploma I'll be good. And I'll stand all day.
>>
File: cool sortie, bro.jpg (87KB, 520x350px) Image search: [Google]
cool sortie, bro.jpg
87KB, 520x350px
Pilot, USAF

Pilot life is GOAT for gains. They pay you to work out, the gyms are usually ridiculously nice and well stocked, and lifting culture is big among the flying community so gym bros are easy to come by.
>>
>>41028238
for summer internships you should apply during winter break.

yeah, still in school, I go to uni in the EU.

applied to most known tech companies, probably spammed a bit much.

current internship is at fintech company in NY. Was there for 13 weeks, this is my last one sadly.
>>
File: 1491566735252.jpg (31KB, 1080x607px) Image search: [Google]
1491566735252.jpg
31KB, 1080x607px
>>41027418
Operations and project management for a large printing company.
I make good money, I work consistent hours, and I have periods where it's stressful as fuck.
So it helps with working out. Only downside is I travel a lot to finesse projects and clients or manage production rushes at other facilities.
>>
>>41028409
How hard it is to get in? Is 23 too old?
>>
>>41028308
Just choose something and do it and you'll have so many more options. Most shit just requires you graduated and then you good nigga
>>
File: youthjob.jpg (62KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
youthjob.jpg
62KB, 400x300px
I work on an exotic animal ranch. I sling 100lb bales of hay and 50lb bags of pellet all day. I work out to make my day at work not as stressful as a dyel. Also helps with manual restraint of animals.
>>
>>41027418
I actually do what Edward Norton's character does, I'm an auto adjuster for a major insurance company
>>
>>41027418
Piano Teacher

Pros:
Good money, good hours, and 'alternaive' girls get wet when I tell them

Cons:
I hate kids and 70% of my pupils are 10 or under

I'm switching to IT this Summer
>>
>>41028535
Nope. You need to be 29 by the time you commission, so if you go to a 4 year college you'll be just fine, unless you already have your Bachelor's.
>>
File: rack.jpg (203KB, 1022x767px) Image search: [Google]
rack.jpg
203KB, 1022x767px
Software engineer

I sit a lot but my hours are great so I can go to the gym plenty. There's even one at my office but I never user it.
>>
>>41028592
Do you also fight with yourself?
>>
>>41027418
I'm the front end manager for a very understaffed store so I have to take care of the floor for most of the day. I work close to 9 hours a day and am on my feet for 8 of those and am walking probably 7.5 hours. I don't know if that's really /fit/ but it sure has done wonders for my calves and weight reduction. Also, when I first started, it seriously killed my knees and back to be standing for that long. Now I can do it no problem.
>>
My old job took a toll on my gains. Lost 7lbs in a month. I worked in a hardware btw.
>>
Architecture student aka up and coming neet for life
>>
CS student. Supposed to be getting an internship but bricking it.
Spend more time thinking about how shit my posture is than computers.
>>
autopsy assistant at a forensics institute.
i cup open corpses using scalpels, open up skulls with a bonesaw, and close up the body after the doctors are done examining everything.

doesnt really interfere with gains most of the time. sometimes we get very rotten corpses and the smell makes you not want to eat anything for the rest of the day.
>>
>>41028308
I didn't know what I wanted to do for a long time. My parents always told me I had to work hard in school, get scholarships, and go to college so I can become a doctor or a scientist. I spent a lot of my youth doing that but never really finding what I was interested in. I never felt the drive to be a scientist, I never felt the call of being a doctor. In high school, I decided to go to the gym despite my parents warning me my whole life that muscle turns to fat and that I didn't need to be a big fat meathead to look good. I found out that I really loved working out and being fit. That was also around the time my political views really started to solidify into something more powerful. My country and my body are two of the most important things to me, so it was at the end of senior year that I knew what I had to do with myself. I would give my body to my country and join the military. Purpose has found me.
>>
>>41027745

How's your experience with lifting during busy season? is a good routine feasible or should I just focus on maintaining a good diet and squeezing in a day or two when possible and then making gains during off season.
>>
>>41027418
Civil engineering intern and full-time student. Not looking forward to graduating, as i'll be in a chair at least 8 hours a weekday doing design
>>
>>41027418

Army. Gainz are encouraged, lol.
>>
>>41027418
retail product field rep. its amazing for making gains. I set my own schedule every month, light duty work, pays the bills. I schedule my job around my gains, whether it's in the gym, or in the library, or resting in the park getting them relaxation gains. My job is second to my lifestyle and just there to support it. It's awesome.
>>
File: meAF.jpg (109KB, 901x883px) Image search: [Google]
meAF.jpg
109KB, 901x883px
Anyone here ever worked as a recruiter? I got a call from one of them the other day asking if I wanted to join their team.

Is it pretty much a sales job where I have to cold call people all day asking them to join the firm?
>>
>>41027454
How's the $200 in your Robinhood account coming along?
>>
Warehouse associate at age 23. Took to much Adderall in college that it lead me to bipolar disorder, had to drop out. At least I get decent benefits at this job.

Pretty much I'm the family failure. All my cousins and siblings were more successful than me at age 23. Have aunts calling my mom and saying "but anon can do so much better than that".
When you're stupid and like to make bad impulsive decisions bad things are going to happen to you eventually. I'm a "very nice man", its unfortunate that this happened to me...my therapist says my emotional intelligence is very high and emotional intelligence is the key to success.

My penis is 7.7 inches but the medications give me the charisma of a snail.

Can't even get a tinder whore to suck my dick.
>>
>>41027418
I'm still a student, at 22yo. What scares me is that if I start my carreer I won't have this much time to dedicate myself to lifting
>>
>>41027418
man my friend is a roofer, he doesn't lift. but let me tell you something, he has a nice back and nice legs and a good core just from roofing, and makes a ton of money. if he literally did 100 pushups every day he'd have a perfect body
>>
>>41028409
How'd you get to be a pilot? Did you do ROTC?

I'm interested in enlisting. Just got my bachelors in engineering last year and am currently working for a big defense contractor on a USAF related project. I really like the job it's just super sedentary.
>>
File: ISV8nW7.jpg (22KB, 326x414px) Image search: [Google]
ISV8nW7.jpg
22KB, 326x414px
>>41027418
>Cyber security student.
Looking for a summer internship, but nothing so far.
>>
>>41027418
construction worker. good for gains
>>
>>41029296
Yup, I did ROTC, also an engineering degree. Since you already have your degree I suggest you go try out for OTS.
>>
>>41029248
underrated roast
>>
>>41029281
you don't even know how hard is that job dude, it's fucking horrible
>>
>>41029476
maybe if you're a bitch..
>>
>>41027418
I'm a ludicrously high paid office clerk. My shift ends at 3:30, so plenty of gym time. I'm pretty happy.
>>
>>41029496
Which industry do you work in?
Whats the pay like and what did you have to study to get the job?
>>
File: 1489061383982.jpg (514KB, 745x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1489061383982.jpg
514KB, 745x1200px
I want to become /fit/ for years I've thought about joining Air Force but due to mr pepe in office I'm somewhat regretting the idea of joining. The only other option I might have would be to become a tattoo artist. How fucked am I?
>>
>>41029486
stop playing hard dude, every manual job is hard as fuck even if you're used to it, it wears you down.

you don't have to be a bitch to acknowledge things, done a lot of jobs over the course of my life
>>
Forest Ranger. A lot of driving, but also a lot of walking & carrying equipment through forests and clearcuts. Not everyday is kilometres on end, but I've appreciated a job that keeps me standing on the easiest days, and exhausts me after 10km of walking on the hardest. Not very stable & not the highest paying, but there is something to be said for not being mentally exhausted at the end of your day, good for motivation for the gym.
>>
Firefighter. Awesome for gains whether they be lifting, cardio or a combo. We eat like hippos and have gyms in every station plus enough time off to do whatever outside of work.
>>
Private equity. Hours are absolute shit (8am-9pm on good days), but money is good and they pay for my membership at Equinox. Whenever I have a block of 45 minutes free I'll sneak out of the office for a gym sesh.
>>
>>41029522
Decent tattooist make a tonne of money man. I wish I had the skills to become one. i pay my artist more than I pay my physio and see the tattooist a fucktonne more.
>>
File: 20170329_083614.jpg (1MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
20170329_083614.jpg
1MB, 2576x1932px
"Crate technician" at an Animal Hospital & pet resort.
>>
I'm studying to be a chef. Not that I'd be able to make good money on making /fit/-tier food at a restaurant...
>>
Im in army training for a commission, which actually makes consolidating gain pretty difficult. Every two or three months I will go on a three or four week excercise where I will lose 5 kilos. Come back shredded with god tier cardio and functional strength but all my lifts go down 15%.
>>
Waitress at a fucking steak n shake
>>
Work in a metal shop

12/hour 40 hours a week
Going to private trade school in about a year. Trades are solid in Canada.
>>
I teach swordfighting.

ama
>>
>>41027418

Military. Dont wanna get too specific, field communications.
>>
>>41029508
I work for an electricity company. 70k/year, I didn't study shit. I just joined a union and was willing to move where the money was.
>>
>>41029631
You get good tips?
>>
>>41027427
Lucky
>>
Starting in corporate BIGLAW this July

Goodbye, gains! I'll never forget you.
>>
>>41029808
Like, fencing training for olympians? Or swordfighting lessons for actors? Or one of those places that teaches fedora LARPers?
>>
>>41029272
Change meds dude
>>
>>41029903
I start law school in the fall, trying to be where you are in 3 years
>>
>>41027745
Gf is finishing up her masters in Finance then starting with one of the big 4 in external auditing

I'm doing outside sales in the industrial sector. On the road alot, but doesn't affect morning workouts really. I eat so much chipotle its not funny.
>>
Supply tech in the armed forces

Make good money and can retire when I'm 42
Thank god I didn't go to law school
>>
>>41028308
Hey you may find this useful: https://www.reddit.com/r/askreddit/comments/2jex7k/_/clb4vox?context=1000
>>
Systems Architect for a non-profit. Easy money, lots of holidays and vacation time, 9-5 job, no weekends and very little overtime.
>>
>>41028308
I hate seeing this shit - not because you don't know what you want to do for a career, but because no one taught you how to find out.

Try the book What Color is Your Parachute, and do the exercises. It'll take about eighty hours, but by the end you'll KNOW what you're made to do.
>>
Ophthalmic nurse
>>
>>41027418
Fireman, hard physical work, where I'm at we fight am average of 2 structure fires a night, as many as 14 fires in a 24 hour period, and I only work 2 shifts a week so I hit the gym the other 5 days a week, my job helps keep me in great shape for sure, sometimes shit wears me down so I miss some pr attempts from lake of sleep and physical exertion the day before but it's cool I love my job
>>
>>41028012
same as you, I have a hard time making gains as I work too many hours and with commute and all just skip the gym all together many days
>>
>>41029968

I'm not sure if I'll make it to 30 before I jump off my balcony (or more likely, switch careers to something easy like consulting). But hey, at the very least, law school itself is fun, so enjoy the next three years anon.
>>
File: 1438646358386.png (112KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1438646358386.png
112KB, 250x250px
>>41030013
>linking a fucking reddit post
>>
>>41028222
kaasplateau.com/stretches.pdf

you're welcome fellow desk bro
>>
Marine. HE operator.
>>
>>41029281
you guys do alot of greco roman wrestling in your spare time?
>>
Accountant for a software company. Hours are ok, plenty of time to work out/study.

Hardest part is all the fucking food my coworkers bring in.
>>
government contractor, work in the middle east 72 hours a week, but make 100k + a year and a ton of vacation days. working 12 hours a day can drain you and sometimes its a challenge to get to the gym but all the bases have gyms. pretty good for a barley passing high school.
>>
Lumber yardman/forklift guy
Nah its easy to go to the gym after.

>>41029272
>7.7 inches
Do you guys, like, measure to the 16th or something?
>>
>>41027418
Bouncer
Gym in the morning, get paid to stand around and act tough at night. Sometimes have to get physical. Get approached by lots of hot drunk girls. Only part that sucks is being nocturnal and never getting to go out on weekends.
>>
Camwhore.

I only do it part time though. On the weekends I bar tend at this golf club. All the rich old guys tip me pretty well, so overall I end up making pretty good money by the end of the week.

I have to stay in good shape or else I'll probably won't get tipped well. It does get hard though because I go to school full time, so finding time to study, lift, cam and bar tend is brutal.
>>
investment banking associate

I wasn't able to touch a weight my analyst years and it was depressing. Trying to turn a new leaf in my associate position (at a new bank). Who the fuck knows

>>41029584

Bank subsidized my membership for Equinox and some other clubs (in NYC, though). You must be at a megafund or something judging by those hours.
>>
>>41027427
KYS
>>
>>41030597
post your page and i'll stop by if you'd like
>>
>>41027418
small mobile robotics. the tech is boring and the tech is shit. trying to get into big mobile robotics, since apparently the self-driving car guys are making tens of millions of dollars
>>
>>41030673
smooth
>>
ITT: business minors LARP as IB/PE
>>
>>41027418
District Retail Manager
Make $100K and work about 40-50 hours a week. Build my own schedule so finding time to lift isn't too hard unless it's a busy week.
>>
College student/Beer warehouse grunt/Live sound engineer
Working in the warehouse is fine; being /fit/ helps when you're stacking kegs on a pallet
Live sound work is much better when you're /fit/ since I have to stack speaker cabinets and load trucks every weekend. Long hours on site make it hard to eat enough though, plus I drink way too much beer when I'm mixing shows
>>
Work in IT Sales - about 90k / year in Canadian monopoly dollars.

Company has a small gym which has a power rack but no deadlifts since it shakes half the fucking floor.
>>
>>41030597
Never gonna make it
>>
>>41030439
>a barley passing high school

Classic
>>
Parkour instructor

not exactly career as I'm still 18 living at home but its good cardio and easy otter mode plus the physical coordination you get from it is amazing.

side note - my gym is also a pole stuido, so my boss is a turboMILF and walks around in skimpy clothes. pretty cool
>>
>>41029272
>taking antipsychotics

LOL enjoy killing yourself after you find out SSRIs and downers make your symptoms even worse. Get off the fucking meds, dude.
>>
>>41030185
Firey here. How the fuck do you fight 14 fires a in 24hrs? Even a small kitchen fire costs you at least 2 hours if first arriving after HAZMAT clear the place. I smell bullshit
>>
>>41030851
I'm not him but where are you getting this from? Are you a psychiatrist?
>>
>>41030439

>a barley passing high school.

hahaha that's amazing. I laughed heartily and will do so again, thank you anon.
>>
im a server at a restaurant
>>
>>41030874
>it takes a psychiatrist to figure out SSRIs are trash
>>
>>41030836

> Living at home
> gym is a pole stuido
> boss is a turboMILF and walks around in skimpy clothres

fuck your mom, bro
>>
public accounting
65+ hour weeks
69k is nice
not enough time for gym though

just trying to get licensed and then leave
>>
>>41027418

Software Engineer

Need to focus on my posture, but otherwise no.
>>
>>41030905
Op here. I'm not on SSRIs. I'm on lithium and zyprexa. I did get off the mess recently and took Wellbutrin (SNRI) and it made me manic/psychotic for a month.
>>
>>41030874
nah this is just a popular meme like vaccine side effects, but there is a subset of the pop. (specifically teenages) to whom ssris are prescribed which responds with worse symptoms of depression specifically increasing the risk of attempting suicide

the same is evident in various pain meds with a neurological component (fibromyalgia medication)
>>
>>41030929
lithium is still the gold standard in psychiatric treatment, and (from my understanding) seems to generally be in the top tier of safest drugs (like aspirin)
>>
>>41028012
>>41030203

What's the job like? A family member works high up in the union and was trying to talk me into getting into the field.
>>
>>41027418
I'm a web developer. I make websites.
People think you have to be smart to do this.
That's not true lol.
>>
>>41030917
Do you even like your job? I was an accounting major, but ended up fucking hating it. I then switched to IT and loved it.

No lie best decision I've ever made.
>>
Roofing, in one of 5 white guys at my company. Easy gains cuz yea, im a roofer.
>>
>>41031062
i like the accounting, but not the additional BS "utilization" or "chargeability" or "impact metric" type shit. i think non-public would be more of my style

i interned in IT over the summer too, so i have a perspective on both. you 100% did the right thing
>>
>>41027418
I'm a Chef, sticking to my calorie deficit is extremely hard as I've got no willpower and the obese Larder Chef cooks fried chips and chicken every day and leaves it for everyone to pick at.

I'm getting much better though. I've had 3 days off in a row, stuck to my low calorie intake all the while cooking fattier stuff for my GF, and I'm certain I'll go into work tomorrow and not fuck this up.
>>
>>41031112
How did you get the internship?
>>
>>41030125
this

it's nuts that kids entering college have to pick a career... how can anyone know at that age?

go to a bookstore and find a 'finding a career' book that speaks to you. what color is one, there are lots more.......... be serious about this, about your choice, and stop whining and procratinating
>>
>>41031230
friend's mom is a director of IT at a F500 company. i knew it was just because we're friends seeing as i had 1 class on IT and it was accounting related

i did nothing for 3 months
>>
File: 1489554971935.jpg (20KB, 320x310px) Image search: [Google]
1489554971935.jpg
20KB, 320x310px
Chemistry grad student
working 10-12 hours a day has not helped me want to go to the gym
>>
>dentist

during college it sucked, late nights studying and constant classes make it harder to train consistently. Once you graduate its ez mode. 9-4 work thats sitting down and interesting, close to home. Money is good so i bought a nice home gym.

Ive found its much time the job allows you to have outside of it that determines fitness most of the time. I make less than some friends but what they took in cash i took in weekends off, early finishes. Consequently i use that time to cook, lift, cardio etc.

Sacrifice that 10k if it means you can meal prep and enjoy a nice morning run here and there anons
>>
>>41029272
>My penis is 7.7 inches but the medications give me the charisma of a snail.

Penis size is like a cherry on the cake. The cake is the ability to get a girl to even see your penis.
>>
I'm almost 22 and am academically a freshman in college (fucked around and racked up debt, then dropped out). I'm thinking of going to school in Florida for IT Security, do any of you /fit/ fags have any input on this decision?

Also, i'd like to try bartending as a part time job, are the tips worth it?
>>
>>41029903
>>41029968
>>41030213

I'm a corporate big law associate and still find time to go to the gym. Don't be a huge pussy. On track to bill 2200-2300 this year. Just find the time. YOu won't be going 5 times a week. Find 3 and you'll be fine (and look way better than 95% of your colleagues). Honestly the only time that is bad is closings. Last week was 15-16 hour days all week. Its not too bad.
>>
>>41030185
Bullshit. Not even possible to get that many structure fires in a shift. Around here the absolute busiest stations get one a week, if that
>>
>>41031272
1st year d student here, what should I focus on during D school to be successful? preps? connecting w. patients? grades? girls? teach me desu
>>
>>41030831
>>41030891
you guys make it worth it!
>>
>>41030971
Not him but I am an electrician too. You really need to know what you are doing. Bad plumbing jobs, at worst shit gets smelly and wet. Electrical fires are no joke. I work as an independent contractor and I don't have over the invoice to my clients until the ink is dry on the sign-off for the final inspection.
>>
>>41030439
did you start off in SOF?
>>
>>41027418
I actually make soap. Not from people fat but from free beef fat. I sell it as specialty pet soap.
>>
mcdonalds
just about to hop on gear, going to devour all the meat after close and get juicy
>>
>>41031366
depends how you school is set up. We spent 3 yrs with our noses in the books to know everything inside and out before even seeing patient while other schools start on patients early and do the theory alongside it.

I quite liked knowing my shit when i saw a patient, theres nothing more embarrassing than "we havent covered that topic yet". Know your shit but also practice your communication skills with patients. Nothing worse than a guy who can cut the worlds best preps but is to much of a sperg to find out about a certain patients medication he really should know.

>preps
be cool calm and collected, long classes drilling when stressed fall apart so hard its quite sad to see people losing their shit. stay cool, dry your field regularly and look at it from 30 different angles before you cut again. Never cut without knowing exactly what depth/angle/size you intend to reach

>grades
eh. like med school they kinda just shuffle everyone along so naturally people dont really care much for grades

>grills
eh, half your year group will be married to each other by the end, dont stress it
>>
File: 1490048066001.jpg (28KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
1490048066001.jpg
28KB, 205x246px
I want to be a Park Ranger but it requires a 4 year degree and I don't want to go to school.
>>
>>41031455
no not even close, im not doing PSD or mercenary type shit, I drive heavy equipment and run propriety air force systems. im on the base all the time, i never get to leave, only when i go on r&r
>>
>>41028915
Yuck
>>
File: The_Dharma_Bums.jpg (43KB, 540x383px) Image search: [Google]
The_Dharma_Bums.jpg
43KB, 540x383px
>>41031481
stop being a bum , go to school
>>
Distiller. I live in a loft on site and I'm in the process of getting a home gym together since I have no neighbors to complain about the noise.
>>
File: 1482280647468.jpg (42KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1482280647468.jpg
42KB, 640x640px
>>41030971

I'm a 1st year electrical apprentice doing mainly commercial/industrial work.

Journeymen at my shop joke that the only prerequisite is being able to load/unload a 12' ladder from on top of a van. Seriously, though, I haven't seen any fat guys on the job site. You've gotta carry like 20+lb of tools on your belt and constantly climb up and down ladders. As an apprentice there is a lot of digging, jackhammering, etc for underground work. So muscles and being fit helps.

Also must be proficient in algebra and geometry. A good gig when there's work but if the economy tanks like in '08 it gets real slow for everyone.
>>
>>41030376
Jon?
>>
File: 1240393095655.jpg (78KB, 639x595px) Image search: [Google]
1240393095655.jpg
78KB, 639x595px
>police officer
>evening shifts
>dont have time to prepare food, eat fast food
>workout during the day
>dont eat much due to time
>considering steroids
>>
I'm an actuary

I fuckng hate it but the dolla bills too good mayne
>>
>>41031507
do you work with those dudes at all?

thinking about getting into it once i get out. a buddy of mine says he was making 100g/yr without military experience but i keep a healthy skepticism of anything that seems too good to be true
>>
>>41031631
>cop
>roids
enjoy getting booted off the force assuming they test for that whenever you have to take a piss test
>>
>>41031481

Get on as a ranger at a local public park if possible. It's slightly competitive since anytime one of those positions open everybody and their mother applies to try and get govt bennies or a manager gives it to a friend but if you get in and prove you're competent you're golden.

You won't exactly be doing the same shit you'd do at a state/national park but you'd learn the basics and that's important. The other shit they'll teach you. The main thing is they want to know if you're capable of keeping your cool around the fuckheads you'll deal with on a near-daily basis, enforcing the rules, and correctly doing whatever procedures they have you follow.

Stay there for at least two years before going for a state/national park. Maybe a bit longer. The NHS does like their degrees but people will actual ranger experience even if it's at some shitty public park will at least get your application a good looking at. Offer to be a volunteer assistant ranger in your free time if need be.

Good luck. Rangers make fuckall for money but you get to spend a lot of time outdoors, it's like a cop in that you rarely know what you'll be doing from day to day, and it's a respectable job. Nobody scoffs when they learn that someone entrusted you with the safety and care of a park.
>>
>>41031776
>NHS

I meant NPS.
>>
>>41031692
Police and military don't test for roids, in fact nobody does. Typical drug tests are for weed, coke, opiates, speed/meth and coke, probably benzos. Anything else is obscure enough or doesn't fuck you up or whatever. You won't get tested for shit like acid or roids unless you get caught with it or admit to it.
>>
>>41027418
Right now uni student so I have all the time in the world, and honestly gains are on a higher priority then my studies because I'm counting on Trump sending us into WW3 and then enlisting.

But during the summer I work manual labor at my public works facility. Lift helps me at my job so goes hand in hand. Functional deadlifts picking up tree logs. Not too bad of a gig for a summer job.
>>
working as a web dev free lancer while still finishing up school, also retail sales on the side tfw no time at all
>>
>>41027418
Chemical Engineer here.

Makes very good money and I still have time for the gym, so I guess it's fine for my gains. Also I'm not sitting too much and run around the plant for a few hours a day.
>>
>>41030362
I will try anything. Having bad posture is not a good look. Thanks duder
>>
Pool store here

Constantly up and about, get 1.2 tonne shipments of salt and other chemicals regularly that I have to hand unload so plenty of Le Function Strength
>>
>>41028635
>I hate kids and 70% of my pupils are 10 or under

>I'm switching to IT this Summer
You're going to start murdering them in storm drains?
>>
HR intern, plenty of time for lifting desu. Got a gym near work so it's easy going there.
>>
File: 1456337707667.jpg (8KB, 309x271px) Image search: [Google]
1456337707667.jpg
8KB, 309x271px
>>41027418
Fuck Edward Norton.

Still a student but I'll be doing something in advertising most likely.
>>
>>41028308
Damn man. 23 and no clue? Its time to find some self help/career searching books and really investing time into making a goal. Although you feel pathetic, you DO still have time before you really reach scumbag status but only if you start to invest in your future now.

I have faith in you anon. My one piece of real advice though is don't be afraid to say fuck it to all the college time and just go blue collar.
>>
>>41031543

Not him but go ahead and tell us what you do anon? I'm waiting to hear how important you are to our society.
>>
>>41029272
Never too late to turn it around anon. Stop feeling sorry for yourself.
>>
>>41028222
I'm looking into this job.
Do you like it?
>>
>>41029159
It's more than that, but it's shit pay and you're unrespected by pretty much everyone.
>>
Pushing carts at Sam's Club, walking 15-20 miles a day, lifting/pushing/carrying stuff all day, double edged sword since we all know cardio kills gains
>>
Line cook at a restaurant that helps fuel obesity
>>
>>41029159
Don't do it anon. It will kill you inside
>>
>>41028185
any info? im thinking of becoming a physical therapist. any tips/howd you get into it?
>>
I work at UPS. Lift thousands and thousands of boxes every night. Feel like I'm getting fatter and weaker over last year...
>>
File: 2017-04-06_17-21-03.png (399KB, 495x493px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-06_17-21-03.png
399KB, 495x493px
I'm a clinician and I have my own business on the side
>>
File: 1384572688577.jpg (62KB, 498x550px) Image search: [Google]
1384572688577.jpg
62KB, 498x550px
Cook at a pretty good restaurant.

Loads of fresh tasty veg, good meat, all the spices you want and it's all free. Plus I do IF so I only eat during my shift.
>>
>>41033095
How do you become a cook?
>>
File: Cedars 3.jpg (628KB, 1444x988px) Image search: [Google]
Cedars 3.jpg
628KB, 1444x988px
>Studied engineering in McGill
>Montreal a shit for engineering jobs
>Found a job in sales
>Sales is really a job fir the scummiest people on the planet, I hate lying and imposing shit on people
>Decided to gtfo
>Worked in Dubai for a couple of years as a project Engineer on large construction projects, was fun, but Dubai is superficial as fuck
>Took over my dad's Engineering Firm in Beirut
>Couldn't be happier
>Make my own hours
>Being a leader is fun, I love my employees
>Lots of stress and responsabilities
>Best part is the hours and not being looked down on from your superiors

Being your own boss is cash /fit/ I highly encourage everyone here to open their own business, no matter how small or shitty it might be in the begining.
>>
>>41033045
nice empty brag, doesn't have anything to do with the question tho. probably vegan
>>
File: 1491461383579.jpg (221KB, 1070x723px) Image search: [Google]
1491461383579.jpg
221KB, 1070x723px
>be me
>passionate about computers my whole life
>computers bring me more joy than anything else
>get into uni as an information systems major
>1 year into it, and I absolutely hate it
>get an internship at a decent company where I just code shit all day
>no more joy, just tedious and stressful

I don't know what the fuck to do with my life now. The thing that I thought I would dedicate my life to ended up being the opposite of what I wanted it to be. What the hell do I do?
>>
>>41033105
I just did some courses at a polytech, just enough to get started and hired. That was years ago, after that places will hire you based on your work record
>>
>>41033126
there is surely something else you like - just find it and go for it... but don`t kill people lmao
>>
>>41033126
oh wow.
>be me
>passionate about biology
>get in uni to study bioengineering
>one and a half year
>fail IT course, because it seemed boring
>booted
>3 years later try coding
>enjoy it and learning way faster than rest of class
>can't wait to be able to work in IT.

You gotta try stuff to know if you'd like it, dude.
>>
>>41033385
You are right. The only hobby i have is lifting though, so I'm not sure where to start looking for another career. I'll just try random shit.

>>41033408
That's interesting that you found it boring at first, and then fell in love with it upon later pursuit. I'm glad you found something you truly enjoy, anon. Hopefully I do the same.
>>
>>41031252
Here in debtland you have to choose it from 2nd grade of highschool
T. greek
>>
Paramedic. Kinda suck for gains due to weird work schedule and lack of sleep. Plus having to life people down stairs and up from the subway make sure you not wanna go to hard in the gym; doms will ruin your day. If you don't meal prep you better hope you get down time. But other than that it's a fun job
>>
>>41033126
This me rn except I'm in computer engineering. Gonna switch to EE because coding all day would absolutely suck. Hope I won't regret that either.
>>
>>41027418
Lawyer in France
>>
work at costco right now, but thinking about learning HVAC
>>
>>41027418
Lawyer. In the office at 8 and out by 4. Work out at 430am and eat my prepare lunches at my desk.
>>
>>41033865
Out by 4? Holy shit I'd love to be in your situation. It's my first year in the office and I gotta work like a slave, have to work out at around 11pm... What is your area of expertise? I'm a criminal lawyer in froggy land
>>
>>41027418
19 year old going on 20
I work at fucking GNC for 10 bucks minimum wage.

I like the job. Challenges me to become as /fit/ as possible. Otherwise its absolute bs. Currently studying to become a physical therapist and masseuse but I've become content working for commission for a company that sells mainly shitty products. Hate myself sometimes to be honest.

Anyone have any tips to get started in physical therapy world? SF and san Jose based so here shit is hard cause of the competition.

I feel like I'm going no where but at the same time I know I'm smart enough to do better. Just feel like shit if I try. Worse if I don't.
>>
>>41031660
yes i work with everybody on base, the thing about logistics is at some point in time your going to need cargo moved, espically in this enviornment. and unless your friend was prior swat or a dog handler its very unlikely he was working with them. and its way more than 100 a year its going to be closer to 150.
>>
>>41029885
Rarely. Most tables just leave $1-2
>>
>>41034728
Holy fuck I'm sorry to hear that. I'm a server too, but I work at a sushi restaurant. I usually leave with $70-120 bucks a night.

The customers are all dicks though, so I have to put up with a lot of shit. Also there are a lot of problems with the staff.
>>
pharmacist here
>boring
>low pay
>good hours
>grills everywhere
>standing/walking all day
i make far less than my friends who went into engineering but at least i have plenty of free time, can go to the gym regularly and lurk on 4chan.
thinking about going back to uni for medicine and settling down with my own medical practice somewhere outside of town.
>>
>>41034803
>Also there are a lot of problems with the staff.

All 3 of my bosses come in to work, sit around, goof off, and then get really pissed when things don't go their way. The head boss literally just sits there and watches TV. They will sit there and scream at you for something they did. They will remember every mistake you make until the day you die. Half the staff is literally high out of their minds 90% of the time they're at work, even sneaking out to smoke in the middle of their shift.

I'm pretty much the default boss since the actual bosses do literally nothing but cause chaos.

But it sure beats the piss outta sitting around all day waiting for things to happen. Plus I can literally do anything I want and not get fired. Last year I brought my tablet to work and watched Netflix while I did tedious, repetitive tasks for maybe 3 months straight before one of my fatass bosses wandered back behind the counter and saw me.
>>
>>41033045
clinician - hwat
>>
File: 1485395172265.jpg (50KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
1485395172265.jpg
50KB, 500x364px
6:00am: wake, coffee, breakfast
6:20am: train in home gym
7:20am: shower
7:30am: start freelance softdev or infosec from home - sometimes work consultancy
12:00pm: take a break - make some lunch or go out with a friend
3:00pm: finish what I set out to do for work - schedule is open after that
6:00pm: dinner - on a weekend I'll go out with friends or hookup on tinder
10:00pm: bed

Only work a couple months a year depending on the employer.
>>
>>41035494
how's the pay though? freelance doesn't usually make much
>>
File: 1428487971316.png (720KB, 615x671px) Image search: [Google]
1428487971316.png
720KB, 615x671px
>>41029834
if you're still here anon

any more details? what exactly do you do/need to know?
>>
Software developer
>Pays well
>Physically easy
>Mentally exhausting
>Consume 1-2 cups of coffee during the day so my energy is usually crashing by the time I get home
It's hard to go to the gym in evening when mentally exhausted but my hours are fairly stable so it could be a lot worse I guess
>>
>>41035189
Fuck how old are you?
Are you still in school?
>>
>>41033126
What part of computers are you passionate about? Games? Hardware? Software?

What made you go into IT? What did you hope to become?
>>
>>41028308
19, feeling about the same. Luckily I'm only a year into college so there's still hope I guess.
>>
>>41028308
I don't know what I want to do in life and I've completed a master's degree and now work as a software dev

I'm 27

If you find out how to find your passion, let me know

>tfw practically an office drone
>tfw no satisfaction from job
>tfw this is my life now
>>
>>41030929
Did you stop taking Zyprexa when your symptoms subsided or did you get voices (any other symptoms) and still quit taking Zyprexa?
>>
>>41035946
The only symptoms I got with the wellbutrin and tapering off the zyprexa was the return of panic attacks.
>>
>>41036047
Why did the doctor suggest you stop taking Zyprexa (considering you get a panic attack now and then)?
>>
>>41035863
I'm actually thinking of going for my a+ cert. I know it won't take me too far, but at least I'll get my foot in the door. I fucking hate my job so much. I also hate my classes. I actually ended up dropping out because I was doing poorly in them and because I'm having financial problems at home.

really hope this shit works out
hope you find something too man.
>>
>not taking Zyprexa
>Mad GAINZ
>>
>>41036078
He didn't think I had bipolar disorder and that I was just a depressed guy and shouldn't be on these medications if I don't have to be. So he took me off the antipsychotic and put me on an SNRI. My family doctor says it was the increase of norepinephrine that fucked my shit up
>>
>>41028245
Last name?
>>
>>41036123
Thanks for sharing, matey.
>>
Lawyer, I started being /fit/ in law school, I thought I could intimidate my opponents being big as fuck. I don't think it has worked but I see people mirin in the courtroom.
>>
Commodities trader in metals. Markets are global and here in NYC metro the hours are long. Pay is what I make it, has been p good so far despite markets.

Lift 3x a week after hours. More if I'm stressed, long on a fallin market. Less if I'm too busy.
>>
>>41030853
Lmao, I would have thought the same before I started working where I do, in the burbs that's normal, we clear a typical room and contents in less than 30 and a small-medium house going through out takes about an hour usually. Devil's night weekend, 4th of July weekend etc I generally always fight over 10 in a day. I work for Detroit if you didn't catch that from devil's night being referenced, shits different here, we don't have 2+hours to spend on a normal fire.
>>
Carpenter
My hurt everyday but I don't see any gains from it
Also my back kills me
>>
>>41029298
>What state are you in?
>Why are you looking for internship when you're going for infosec?
>Have you tried contracting agencies?
>Do you have certs/degree?
>What is your experience like so far?
>>
I live in diff time zone so would have replied earlier but sleep and work etc.

>>41028195
EY hired me even when there wasnt a recruitment going on, i think that otherwise i wouldnt have gotten in. In my country PwC is kinda meh bc they have so little backoffice work and u gotta work at the client's.

>>41028960
During the business season, which is from jan to april, my routine is pretty much 10-13h at work then gym then sleep. On weekend I do almost all of my meals for the week. Also i try to hit the heaviest sessions on weekend too. I've made myself time to hit the gym 4-6 times a week. Sometimes you're just too sleep deprived and exhausted when u get to leave to office at 22pm.

>>41029993
too bad we dont have chipotle here :D im going subway all the way when i dont have meals prepped.
>>
>>41036247
my arms*
>>
>>41036137
You really want your personal info out there? On 4chan of all places?
>>
File: 1490036801612.gif (1MB, 555x555px) Image search: [Google]
1490036801612.gif
1MB, 555x555px
>>41027418
I am a software dev for a company which does e-commerce solutions and hosting for small medium and big sized companies. Mostly medium and big.
I am a full stack dev.
>Ayylmao lit af life is gud, interested in my work and work is laxedmode but at the same time complete mindfuckery.
>>
>>41036199
Prop trading or IB?
>>
>>41036671
How hard would it be for someone in the network engineering side of things to move up to your role? Are you at six figures yet or in the mid 70-90s?
>>
i'm a line cook

pay is shit but it's fun most of the time
>>
>>41033105
some people take courses but that's just a waste of money

easiest way is to start at a relatively new restaurant as a dishwasher and offer to help out with prep during the inevitable staff turnover
>>
File: 20170329_204300.png (3MB, 1440x1756px) Image search: [Google]
20170329_204300.png
3MB, 1440x1756px
I'm a commercial diver, it's hard to stay /fit/ when you basically live in hotels
>>
>>41032659
Yes

But....

It totally depends on the company you work for. You could work for a bank or a lender. In a branch or a call center. Face to face or over the phone. I work in a call center. Made 240k last year, but due to the current market I expect to make 150k-175k

AMA
>>
I'm a cuck.

I get paid thousands of dollars just to stand in the corner and watch people have sex.
>>
File: must neeger.gif (2MB, 311x362px) Image search: [Google]
must neeger.gif
2MB, 311x362px
>>41037059
I gain the average pay net at my country. On the world scale thats not very good. What matters is making a good portfolio or connections. I got my current job because of connections. If you know command line in linux and windows then thats great. Helps if you are full stack dev. But it's not particularly hard job. You need to learn your cabapilities which each tool you use, HTML, JS, PHP, SQL and other tools. Thats the basics. But you got to do it constantly to remember it. I learned for like 2 years solo after school so I could get a job in the area. Was neet, megapothead. Having a degree helps, but I believe you will do it with either making something to show or connections, or both.
Wish you luck. It's a good job, though remember , worst thing while writing code is overthinking. Everything can be done simply and logically, you just dont know the way yet.
>>
bricklayer in the uk

i start work 7:30 and am sometimes getting up at 5 to eat a decent breakfast before leaving
work is laying around 400-600 bricks or around 200 concrete or big thermalite trench blocks, all work is done in shitty below ground level footings and in the winter its all frozen over and wet,

not impossible but very fucking hard work, i get to finish most days around 3:30 and i get two half hour brakes. its nice to know that how much is earn is influenced by how hard i work, and in turn is up to my fitness
>>
>>41031341
Honestly, I'm moreso worried about my dietary habits (and sleep patterns) than finding an hour to get to the gym 3 times weekly (there's often a mid-day reprieve of an hour or so most weekdays, and I don't anticipate much Sunday afternoon work).

How do you manage cooking? Do you prepare all your meals in batches in advance, or do you rely on bought cooked food?
>>
Batt boy. Made a lot of gainz in Iraq, Trashcanistan was about endurance. Life in Batt was /fit/ before 4chan or /fit/ were even things. Used to get off airfield seizures and guys would run to their rooms to play SOCOM or WOW or watch anime all night until another seizure the next day, big brawls 'cause we were bored, lots of drinking and ugly sluts/hambeasts, jousting with brooms and saucepans on our heads while launching flaming tennis balls, too much good shit to remember. Oh, and the Batt snowball fights. I can't recommend it enough if you've got what it takes, even if you're a cook. Time to figure out what I wanna do in civvy life

>>41029821
No one gives a fuck even if you're 18E(?)

>>41031660
>a buddy of mine says he was making 100g/yr without military experience
They hire "civilian contractors" too. Most of the guys were SOF or at least combat arms. Never done it, but know some guys who have

>>41028535
>>41028637
Or become an Army Warrant Officer. Fucking loved my overwatch and JTACs
>>
>>41027418
Im an Outdoor guide for youth at risk, more than half of them are addicts so the meal plan we get outfitted with is super calorie rich, so even though im hiking and portaging and shit all the time its hard not to put weight on.
>>
>>41028308
Saw this pretty late so I hope you read this post. This is the most important advice you'll receive in your life; thank god my English teacher drilled it into our heads in 10th grade because it probably saved me a lot of trouble.

You ever meet somebody for the first time and you instantly notice something nice about them? And then they just keep talking and you keep agreeing with them? They basically hit all the right notes. Maybe not. Surely you've seen a movie or played a game like this though. It has an amazing intro and then you get blown away by the rest of it. This is called the Halo Effect and it's the only piece of human psychology worth knowing about.

It's basically the law of first impressions. If your first impression of someone or something is good, you'll keep noticing and building up a portfolio of positive qualities about that person or thing. Likewise, if something is shit, you'll do the same thing for shitty qualities. First impressions set up how someone will perceive you for a long period of time, or maybe even for their whole lives.

Apply this to interviews. You MUST stand out when you meet them. A friendly smile. A firm handshake. A warm, "How are 'ya today?". Interviewers say they know who's worth hiring in the first 30 seconds, so put on a strong face and act like you know what the fuck you're talking about and they'll excuse the parts that aren't up to snuff.

You don't have to be a confident person to land a job. You just have to look confident.
>>
>>41037207

how long did it take to get used to the work
>>
File: DSCF4053.jpg (227KB, 922x688px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF4053.jpg
227KB, 922x688px
Blacksmithing and gardening. I made a thread a few days ago that people seemed to enjoy. I enjoy the blacksmithing because it allows me to repair virtually any piece of equipment I have or allows me to make almost any hand tool I want. I sometimes take comissions if people know who I am and it's pretty fun. I make everything from damascus knives to bronze bowls to coat racks to foot rests to railings, etc.
>pic related

The farming is also pretty enjoyable. I get to spend a lot of time outside, I know exactly what I'm growing and eating, I know I'm only getting the absolute healthiest meat, and people enjoy buying farm fresh food. It honestly makes making gains pretty easy
>>
>>41035863
>tfw im a nurse
>spend all day on my feet
>12 hour shifts, sometimes the next person calls off so make that 24 hours
>deal with shitty patients who hate me for caring for them
>woman nurses give me shit all day because im a male
>too exhausted to do anything after work
desu I kind of want to be an office drone. I always liked the idea of a boring 9-5 job.
>>
Construction. Get around 20k steps a day. Legs stay constantly sore. Can only squat twice a week tops
>>
>>41037457
How did you get into this? Sounds like very fulfilling work.
>>
>>41037402
takes about a year to earn good money and the winters are a challenge but the aches go away after about a month
>>
Software Engineer
It's fucking boring but at least it doesn't kill the gains.
>>
>>41027418
I'll be a substitute teacher in the upcoming fall, rn nothing but probably gonna go back to Chick Fil A for the summer
>>
>>41027745
Tax Compliance, used to work for B4, KPMG, now Im freelance
>>
Apprentice motor engineer (mechanic)

>dead-lifting gearboxes
>push/pull routines daily with ratchet and breaker bars
>banter as fuck
>also help owner and son build fences and mix cement for shit when its slow
>shit pay though

>want to start a degree in automotive engineering as everyday i find myself saying "Who the fuck designed this shit?" as its always a struggle getting to 'THAT' bolt.
>>
>>41037789
Why are all the employee at chick fil a so fucking nice and professional? Like do you instantly get fired if you're just a little bit moody to the customers?

No hate though.
Fucking love that place, also I've noticed that all the employees are all 10/10 looking people.
>>
>professional shitposter
>>
>>41028196
Mirin
>>
Pharmacy technician.
>>
>>41038040
Well at least at the stores my boss owns he really likes to weed out the straight A's, fun/sociable personalities with high expectations. The people with actual futures that he knows won't be stuck at the store for the rest of their life.

Most people that are hired are usually the ones that are already trained to be courteous and professional desu you know like the smart kids at high school that already know how to brown nose and be sycophants

I guess it helps if you're good looking too because legit everyone that works at my store is fairly attractive, besides the old ladies and one or two larger women of course
>>
File: 1429591336118.gif (137KB, 188x199px) Image search: [Google]
1429591336118.gif
137KB, 188x199px
Joining the Navy soon as a corpsman, plan on becoming a Marine medic (FMF). I could care less about the job, the benefits, etc. I'm in it for the sweet sweet GAINZ. God bless Uncle Sam.
>>
>>41028915
Sounds more like you found 4chan and it fucked with your head
>>
File: ithurtstolive.jpg (37KB, 600x468px) Image search: [Google]
ithurtstolive.jpg
37KB, 600x468px
>>41039057
>found 4chan and it fucked with your head
Not him, but this is true for me. I fucking wish I could leave this fucking site. I've tried those site blocking apps, but I still end up here. 4chan is the only place I can be open and not have to worry about people knowing who I am.

I know this sounds beta, but you guys are my only "friends".
>>
Engineering student/intern. Finishing up an internship abroad right now, got ludicrous work experience compared to a regular internship. Picked up a few general electric/mechanical skills too, so hopefully that lead to some good work in the future.

But for now I'm looking forward to getting back into the student life.
>>
File: di_05812.jpg (73KB, 500x393px) Image search: [Google]
di_05812.jpg
73KB, 500x393px
>>41039079
"And then we said your posts are anonymous!"
>>
I'm a biology teacher and a reservist in the USMC
>>
>>41027418
Neuroscientist

Try to do everything but microscopy standing up in the lab but I spend a lot of time at a desk too. Have like a two-hour break around midday if I'm making a culture so usually head down to the gym around then but can be quite hard when work stacks up.
>>
>>41039184
>"And then we said your posts are anonymous!"

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>41030013
Go back.
>>
>>41037675
I just decided I wanted to do it. Then I taught myslf
>>
>>41028790
Hey architecture bro! I thought I was the only one. Not many architects in general... Where do you go to school?
>>
NEET. The pay is total shit but the hours are great.
>>
Electric passenger train driver, still in training which is hard af. Shift work - can work any minute of any day and ofc start times change daily so I've bitched out and lost gains. Sitting all day ruins your posture so I'm trying to fix that up. Lots of guys on the job a long time get fat as fuck so gotta watch out for that too I guess
>>
>>41037097
>some people take courses but that's just a waste of money
no it wasn't you smug cunt. that was literally how i learned my craft and got my foot in the door to my first job. As for starting as a dishwasher and licking boots to get further, ummmmmmm no.
>>
>>41028185
>>41033007

I'm starting my degree into physiotherapy this year

tfw pathetic 22k salary on NHS
>>
>>41030597
would you mind defining "pretty good money" more specifically? also have you had any bad/awkward stuff happen as a result of the camwhoring?
>>
>>41027418

Attorney.

First few years were hell. Then I figured my shit out and started working at a small firm doing Estates and trusts. Great money, flexible hours, and I can shit post on my tablet at work while I wait for clients to arrive for their appointments.
>>
>>41039367
Oh dont worry, you should know 4chan is full of autists
>>
>>41027418
Banker
Only have time to go to the gym to "stay in shape".
Was fairly fit at uni
>>
Attorney.

Law School was rougher on the gainz.
>>
>>41028391
Watch out for varicose veins anon
>>
I think I'd be A-okay with a job working from 8-15, even if it meant less money.

Feels like most people easily spend 2 hours a day just fucking around anyway, I'd rather put those hours to use at something I actually enjoy.
>>
Security Officer
I get to walk around a lot, but the tough hours make it hard for me to hit the gym
>>
mcdicks worker

studying forestry at uni in a few months though
>>
>>41027418
>What do you guys do for a living?
genetics phd so i work in a lab

>Does your job make it hard for you to make gains?
not really
>>
>>41033126
Literally me same major and everything except I graduate in 2 weeks. Plus side is with IS at my school it was part of the business school as opposed to engineering so I can go for other business jobs instead of a soul crushing code monkey job staring at a screen 9 hours a day. Shit at least you have done an internship, I haven't done one yet and even internships I'm applying for are turning me down because they want someone with more experience.
>>
Personal trainer and weight loss specialist.
>>
id love to work in a gym even though i look like shit

even just cleaning or night shift worker it would be great
>>
>>41039526
Idk man he sounds like he chose the smarter of the 2 options.
>>
File: ss+(2015-09-25+at+05.48.00).png (571KB, 340x642px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-09-25+at+05.48.00).png
571KB, 340x642px
Maintenance technician for FedEx. It's actually pretty great as I just practice for welding and machining certs all day while going to class. Trying to get into Boeing once I get my degree as they'll straight up pay for more degrees as long as it relates to you in some way and is beneficial to the company.
>>41031621
Ex-Millwright here. Please do us a favor and learn to weld and drive forklifts.On my last job while I was still a road warrior, we had to keep one guy with the electricians at all times or they would complain to the PM that we were blocking them or holding them up in some way when they were behind schedule.
>>
>>41037148
And to think Sweden does it for free
>>
>>41031631
how hard was it to get in?

i've got my written test and agility test this saturday im debating whether i should go or not

if i dont i might start school again, fucking hate working at fast food
>>
File: Boxes-In-House.jpg (59KB, 500x340px) Image search: [Google]
Boxes-In-House.jpg
59KB, 500x340px
I deliver flooring to customers seeking renovations, new housing projects and apartment buildings. I drive most of the day, but we deliver each box of hardwood and tile by hand from our trucks to the location for every delivery.

I want to lose weight and sleep better. The gym helps me burn the extra calories, gain strength, and help me fall asleep.
>>
>>41039646
Implying there isnt a database somewhere that has all the posts you've made on 4chan
>>
>>41033108
>I highly encourage everyone here to open their own business, no matter how small or shitty it might be in the begining.

>inherits his dad's shit

>START UR OWN BUSINES GUYS I DONE DID IT
>>
>>41028635
Teacher here too
Only doing this job because I like having summers and tons of holidays off.

Kids these days, aint worth it
>>
>>41027418
I walk around shaking a cup at people and grunting sometimes.
>>
>>41032409
underrated
>>
Park Ranger at one of the big nationals. I went to college expecting to be a cubicle monkey for the rest of my life and instead I fell into this with the help of my uncle's well-connected friend.

I love it. Get to stay /fit/, have a nice tan, get to drive the best off-roaders on the market, spend a good portion of my time in one of the most beautiful places on the plane, and feel like my life has some meaning educating people about this place and helping to take care of it.

Downsides is the pay's not so good(lot of free meals though), constantly at the mercy of the weather, and you deal with a fair amount of dipshits who think they have the right to disrespect you and nature just because they paid to get in.
>>
>>41040390

Assuming this isn't LARP, what's your average day like? Do you carry a gun?
>>
>>41039662
>>41039647
>>41039641
>>41037934
>>41036199
>>41033850
>>41031341
>>41030917
>>41030619
>>41029903
>>41029584
>>41027745

For those of you corp professional wageslaves who aren't just students roleplaying for internet prestige, how do you find time to cook and eat meals consistently? What are your dietary habits? I start in corp law soon and my colleagues seem to just survive off starbucks breakfasts, food court lunches, and expensed pizzas for dinner. The only people who are healthy get their wives to prepare all their meals for them. Waiting 30 minutes to prepare/cook a meal every night seems undoable.
>>
>>41037278
which bn?
>>41034577
they wouldnt send him anywhere but dubai and local protective contracting in the DC area so i imagine theres more to be made if youre going to africa or other sandy shitholes
>>
>>41040464
>what's your average day like?

My days are rarely the same. We do a lot, and I mean a lot, of different shit. One day I might be going around looking for intruders, another I could be taking care of sick animals, another I might be dealing with a fire, the next I could be searching for some tourist that got lost.

The last one happens a pretty decent amount. We have signs all over directing to safe zones that are the first place we'll look and usually one of us will stay there in case they come while the others go looking.

Last year I wound up fucking a very hot 23 year old from Florida after she got separated from her group early in the morning and I found her just before nightfall. She was scared shitless and showing early signs of dehydration but was grateful. We're heavily discouraged from fraternizing with the guests because it could get us/the park sued and can even get fired if found out, but almost all of the unmarried and some married guys fall victim to it now and then. A lot of these girls have fantasies of being fucked by a rugged man of nature.

>Do you carry a gun?

We're all issued sidearms of our choice within reason and usually keep a rifle in the truck. Wear bulletproof vests as well. We get a lot of fucking crazies and fugitives so we're definitely allowed to fire if we believe our life is in danger.

I've never had to but some of the older guys have been shot at and one of them killed a bail jumper that attacked him like 12 years ago.
>>
>>41040654
So jealous. We have metro park rangers here that patrol the city parks and shit. I have talked to them a shit ton. Gravy gig they ride around on bikes during festivals and look for shady shit. They check fishing licenses. That's about it. He said if he sees any shady shit he calls the police. They are FOP and have all the same benefits of police/full ranger but none of the risk. They even go kayaking and check registrations and shit. Sounds like a dream job
>>
Another police officer here. Our station has a gym in it so it's pretty easy to get a workout in the only problem is coming off shift and being tired. All the other guys workout so there's a bit of a competitive attitude here. We challenge each other to different HIIT workouts and the best time picks the one for the next week.
>>
>>41040784
Do you treat dark skinned people like shit?
>>
>>41040845
Nope I'm not American
>>
>>41031348
Ok bud, I work in the one of the busiest houses in probably the busiest city for fire in the country, shits different here
>>
>>41035621
It depends on the employer and how much labor it's worth, but average earnings are usually 80K after tax. I like to work in a September-March window for various jobs, usually between 5-10.
>>
>>41040495

I'm

>>41030619

My old firm gave me $32 per night for dinner if I stayed past 7:00 PM (basically every weeknight) and lunch and dinner stipends for the weekend.

I didn't work out, but I maintained the same weight going in (6'1, 180 lbs) by not eating like a fatass, ordering salads, etc. $32 can order you a decently healthy meal through Ubereats / seamless / etc. in the city.

On the rare occasion that I ate home I always tried to cook healthy meals.

You won't have time to work out, but you will have time to eat healthy and not be a fatass. You'll probably get a similar meal plan if you work in a decent firm that isn't so Jewish that they'll only buy pizza for dinner.
>>
>>41040495
Meal prep a weeks worth of lunch and dinner. Overnight oats for breakfast.
>>
>>41041259
Working this much doesn't seem like it's worth for any amount of money. What's the point of working so hard to get into these positions if you'll just end up working all day every day?
>>
>>41027418
About to graduate college.
In the army. Yes, helps make *some* gains.
Teaching, hell no.
>>
>>41041338

Good question. It's not for everybody and the turnover rate in these positions is on average 2 years. People usually do it for the exit opportunities.

A 21 year old kid straight out of college that does a 2 year analyst stint (making ~$150k a year direct deposited into his bank account) at an investment bank can go on to earn a lot more money at a private equity / hedge fund where his hours will be cut down to a more reasonable level and still make $250k+ (unless you join a firm like KKR or TPG or something where the hours are similar to banking, but the money is insane). Or an analyst can move to a corporate development role where his hours are significantly lower but he makes less money. Nothing wrong with either. Same with the associate level, but far less common.

It's great experience and a great foundation to a successful career, but most people say that their banking years were "the best thing that I'd never do again".

I lateraled to another bank and will start in 2 weeks, so in the meantime I'm enjoying some R&R
>>
anyone here work as a stripper or dancer or gigolo?

its the job ive been daydreaming about the most, i'd do it too if the pay was good. i dont mind doing it with gay guys either desu, no homo. fuck id move to san-fran or whatever other gay paradise just for the work too

i need to read books about this shit. fuck id LOVE to make like 70k+ a year doing that shit. literally a dream. coming from jumping in and out of homeless shelters/being on bux to being JOOSAY and making $$$ is the best step up for me i think possible. i dont think its possible for me to work regular jobs

its only homo if ur on bottom anyways

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KesXm1WTqY
>>
>>41041435
Thanks for the response. I hadn't thought of it like that. I thought bankers and lawyers were no life workoholics who just wanted to retire in their early 30s with a shit load of money, which of course meant they would be pissing away their youth. But now I see you can have both a shit load of money and your youth at the cost of working your ass off for a few years. I'm kind of worried that I'm spending like 50 hours/week minimum studying engineering just to spend the same amount of time working in the future.

But Jesus fucking Christ, those few years are still insane; I don't think I will ever have the mental strength or capacity to do a job like that for even 2 months. You're something special.

It's so surreal that someone like you would be on 4chan. You're someone who seemingly has a good head on your shoulders and your shit together.

Btw what's R&R?
>>
>>41028308
SORT YOURSELF OUT
>>
>>41028409
Oh wow, I wasn't sure y'all even trained
>>
>>41027418
engineer. i spend a lot of time in the field, so does my boss, which means no one keeps track of me. some days I spend 2-3 hours in the gym on my "lunch break" or before i head out in the morning. I've done this for the 2 years i've been here and no one says anything. i'm 35 and i'm in better shape than when i was in college.
>>
>>41042028

No problem man. I actually got a BS in engineering in college, but got into banking instead of an engineering firm after graduation, so I know your feel of studying a shitload in school. After doing both, I'd rather work at a bank than go back to engineering school, it was that bad.

> I don't think I will ever have the mental strength or capacity to do a job like that for even 2 months

You'd honestly be surprised. The camaraderie is high and there's a real sense of teamwork that helps you get through it, plus the money is good. Nobody that decides to make a career in banking retires at 30 though. The lifestyle creeps up on the weak willed people and they're stuck in it (aka the Golden Handcuffs). However the lifestyle gets better as you get up to the Director or Managing Director levels and you start to get out of the office before 7 PM every day, have a family, and pull in a few million a year. The young guys get worked to the bone however. I got through it by just realizing I wouldn't do anything productive with my life anyways besides lift and shitpost of 4chan, so I might as well work in a bullshit office every night.

>It's so surreal that someone like you would be on 4chan

lol. I've been on 4chan since high school back in the late 2000's. Me and the other analysts would yell /pol/ shit in the office late at night without a worry. There were picture of Pepe and Donald Trump posted all over our cubes and nobody gave a shit. People would smoke pot in the office once all the directors left for the day and blast music
>>
>>41042028

R&R is short for Rest & Relaxation
>>
>>41027418
Retail worker and college student. My only struggle with fitness is shoveling the food in my mouth. I hate eating a lot.
>>
>>41029486
You have no idea m8 shit is hell
>>
i feel like once i start working in 'the real world' id move away from bodybuilding to just high frequency/daily activity to keep health, since commuting and desk jobs fuck with that. something like chinups, pushups, dips, handstand pushups etc every day, and sprinting, squats and deadlifts 1-2 times a week.

have u guys changed how u lift when u transitioned from college to work life?
>>
>>41029436
I'm about to graduate college but without ROTC, would I get fucked for pay grade? And do you know if they pay for law school?
>>
File: 1471483862719.jpg (26KB, 444x446px) Image search: [Google]
1471483862719.jpg
26KB, 444x446px
>>41040654
Hey if youre still in this thread I have some questions my man
>>
File: 1459891260553.jpg (204KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1459891260553.jpg
204KB, 960x960px
>>41040654
How do you find time for lifting with all this man
>>
>>41029631
If u got boobs just be a server at a nice restaurant and make bank, or be a baby sitter
>>
>>41027418

Mechanic is my main income, but also work Maintenance at an Elementary school. The jobs don't effect my gains, only the lack of sleep and excuses.

Example, I worked 10 hours today, then went to my kid's Easter play, now I'm posting on an Indonesian water aerobics board in between sets. I'm not going to get but 6 hrs tonight. This is pretty much every night for me.
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.