[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 29

File: TdwdC.png (362KB, 600x649px) Image search: [Google]
TdwdC.png
362KB, 600x649px
Jaw surgery worth it for the aesthetics?
>LTM specifically
>>
what's SS?
>>
>>41027414
Starting strength?
>>
>>41027258
>tfw LTM at 15% bf and could probably reach something between DOM and STM by cutting down to 9-10%

life's good man
>>
File: w8kidl.jpg.gif (2MB, 491x270px) Image search: [Google]
w8kidl.jpg.gif
2MB, 491x270px
>>41027479
>cutting down to 9-10%
Isn't that unhealthy?

~OP here
>>
>>41027500
It's not, it's just difficult to maintain for long periods of time if you've never strict dieted before. Some guys stay that way year round
>>
Can you get big forearms only doing the deadlift/bench/squat/ohp?
>>
When do you do low reps and when high reps? Doing low reps feels weird to me since you finish some sets in like 10 seconds.
>>
Trying to build up my home gym.

Trying to decide between:
https://www.amazon.com/Barbell-Power-Rack-Exercise-Stand/dp/B00HYQP72O/ref=pd_ybh_a_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=5ZT0Y775S7TABCGSPHWK

or

https://www.amazon.com/Sportmad-Dumbbell-Adjustable-Standard-Portable/dp/B01N0GFHTV/ref=pd_ybh_a_4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=5ZT0Y775S7TABCGSPHWK

What do you guys think? Also how much should I be expecting to pay for barbell+weight set? Dick's has a 300lb set for $219.
>>
>>41027258

Is the accessory work (italics ) enough for getting nice arms? The base routine is Laceks strength and conditioning program.

> pic related
>>
>>41027598
If you are doing low reps sets that fast likely you're not using enough weights.
>>
>>41027258
>Can choose any jaw in the world
>doesn't choose STM
>>
I want to get in shape, but I can't drive, and I don't have a job, so I can't afford a gym membership.

What are some good fitness channels on YouTube with videos of workouts I can do along with the video?
>>
>>41027258
I'm still moving up fairly fast on Squats (90kg today) and Deads (130kg) on Greyskulls LP but my bench (just about 70kg) and OHP (50kg) have been stalling like crazy lately. What do folks?
>>
Is it ok to do pullups (palms out) instead of chinups when doing the sticky's version of SS?
>>
File: topjust.jpg (122KB, 680x977px) Image search: [Google]
topjust.jpg
122KB, 680x977px
>>41027258
I can't even grip my 195 lb deadlift properly for 5 reps. I feel like it's too early for chalk or mixed grip. Is there anything I can do to support my grip during deadlifts? Started 2-ish months ago.
>>
>>41027856
Bump. If nothing else, curious as to what price to expect when buying a barbell and weights set.
>>
File: nothankx.gif (2MB, 416x300px) Image search: [Google]
nothankx.gif
2MB, 416x300px
Help me brahs
Still in puberty
Height; 5'4
Weight; 160
I have a muscle imbalance I'm pretty sure, when I try to bench literal baby weight (75 pounds) my left arm goes up perfectly and my right wobbles.
I think something is wrong, even when I do bicep curls (20lbs) my left arm can do way more reps.
Another thing is confidence, all my friends know me as a crazy fuark and strong when i'm really not. My friends have been at gym for 6 months and I started 5 days ago and we on the same leg press but they outperform me in everything else.
They thought I was fucking with them when I couldn't bench 90.
>tfw amazing wrestler can take down big niggas but can't lift
How do I get over this shit man oh and obviously the muscle imbalance how fix?
>>
>>41028767
>Still in puberty
> wrestler
You should get a starting strength or westside barbell coach. You're literally all a coach could ask. With proper training you could get BIG quickly. As a bonus, a coach will teach how to fix your skinny ass imbalances.
>>
Got a PT test to get into an academy coming up at the end of May, should I be using this time to bulk so I'm stronger for the test, or cut weight?

>19.5% bf at the moment.
>>
>>41027598
Low reps heavy weights for strength training being 3-5 reps. In the 8-15 rep range with around 60% of your max you get your hypertrophy which builds size. Anything over is just stamina/endurance training.
>>
>deadlifting today
>Most weight I've pulled in a year, it's tough but not impossibly difficult
>have to keep stopping mid-set to readjust grip (using fat bar; regular bars taken)
>during last set, notice tingling sensation in lower back on the pull after resetting grip
>get spooked as fuck and stop
I was wearing a belt at the time, what the fuck happened? I wasn't sure if that was me destroying my muscles or injuring myself
>>
>>41027538
That's going to be ~90% of your forearm development
>>
I've been using MapMyWalk for my daily 6-mile walks. Is there a better program to use for tracking my distance and calories burned? Does this factor in my weight that I have entered?
>>
>>41028260
It's never "too early" for mixed grip; don't let your grip strength limit your gains
Try finding a skinnier bar with better knurling
There are a couple things you can do long-term to make your grip stronger
>farmer's walks at the end of a workout with a lot of pulling exercises
>pinch block workouts
>croc rows
>grip trainer squeeze thingies
>>
>>41029117
M Y T H

They did a study, and it basically concluded that growth is the same for all rep ranges, as long as they are done to failure
>>
File: Screenshot_20170310-180056.png (479KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170310-180056.png
479KB, 720x1280px
>>41028937
Yeah, I can wrestle people MUCH larger than me just naturally because my cousin used to teach me some techniques in Sambo.
I don't know where to really find a coach and my imbalance really pisses me off.
pic related is me taking down a big black dude and putting him in rear naked choke
>>
>>41027258
i dont get that chart, help?
>>
>>41029191
So should I use right over/left underhand one session and then right underhand/left overhand to make there's no unbalance in my shoulders?
>>
Whats the SS equivalent program for oly?
>>
>>41029191
Mixed grip should be a last resort fix to poor grip strength
>>
Question: if i have a fat gut but making gains on a dirty bulk at 194lbs, and want to loose the gut, should i just cut out fat and continue with a lean bulk or just do a quick cut?
>>
>>41029368

This is not a good way to lock your legs. You can pretty easily break someone's ankles if they do this.
>>
>>41029416
No.
You should double overhand.
Stop ego lifting. Get some forearm gains.

Hookgrip if you must.
>>
I stopped lifting after two consecutive although unrelated injuries, ankle and lower back, and after a 2 year break I'm back.
After a month of lifting, how the fuck am I able to both OHP and bench 1pl8 for reps?
Squat is down to 2pl8, and I can't deadlift due to that lower back injury(which was judo related).
>>
>>41029571
You need some fat to live. A quick cut can help but most likely will just remove all your water weight only for you to regain it all later.

Stop the dirty bulk and go clean or cut. You won't lose the gut no matter what as long as you're bulking, but you can get better muscle growth so you at least don't look AS fat. A long term (12 week) cut at a daily 500 cal deficit will do you good as far as a cut does
>>
I've been doing both SS and C25K for three weeks now. However, I see that Rippetoe has written an article saying that you should not do running while doing SS. I also see that Wendler in the description for the 5/3/1 program (which I'm planning to do after SS) says that you should do walking instead of running. So should I stop doing the couch to 5K program? Or should I keep doing it? I am very skinny and not trying to lose any body fat, just get muscle mass, but I also think it would be useful to build some endurance.
>>
guys, am I being meme'd by trainers?
they put up three sequential exercises for the same region
ie three triceps, three chest, and so forth
but what I see other places always mix them up

inb4 personal trainer is bullshit
these are just trainers that make your schedule according to objectives and teaches you, free included with gym fee
>>
>>41027856
Titan t3 pal
>>
>>41029575
BJJ nigga here, if he said he did Sambo he prob doesn't know much submissions and maybe he was setting up to put his legs elsewhere.
>>
>>41029696
Always did that, except it's usually 4 exercises.
Worked pretty well, but I had to stop lifting midway due to some shit.
My classmate at the time, who kept going to the gym(and introduced me to the program), looks amazing.

Here's how it usually goes:
4 chest+4 biceps
legs - 5
4 shoulders+4 triceps
6-7 back

I add something here or there occasionally for fun, but this is the basic outline. I'm back on it now and it's still great imo.
>>
What's a better overall lat and bicep workout?

lat pull down
Pull-ups
High rows
>>
My tailbone hurts after and when doing deadlifts, the pain is bigger the bigger the load (duh), the problem is, I'm still at lmao1pl8 and my squat is starting to catch up, I tried fixing my form many times but I think I already got it nailed down (I've asked three guys already if my back is straigth during the lift, they all said yes).
I already tried resting until the pain goes away and trying again, same shit.
help
>>
Guys, I need to stop ageing. In fact, I'm 22 now but I'd like to look like a teenager for as long as possible. I'll do anything. Wat do?
>>
>>41030088
Fruit, IF, Sunscreen, Skin care
I heard these memes work
>>
>>41030088
Kill babies drink there young blood and get youth gains
>>41030079
Maybe your lower back is super weak and shitty. Are you sure it's not just doms but it's actual pain
>>
>>41030026
Chin-ups definitely
>>
>>41030104
IF? Intermittent fasting?
>>
>>41030111
Im pretty sure it is actual pain, it start during the deadlift and on the next workout it is still lingering.
I doubt my lower back is that shitty (well, it is, but not compared to my body), since I did some meme routine for some time which included back extensions before starting SS, even then I started deadlifting from 75lbs like a fucking retard.
Being for specific on the pain, it happens just below the protuding bone over the ass
>>
>>41030197
Sounds sucky idk if your sure it's pain maybe see a doc
>>
At 181 lbs, do I stop doing SS when my DL hits 275 lbs or when it hits 315 lbs?

Other than the standard strength chart, how will I know when I'm done with SS?
>>
>>41030333
Your not done.
>>
Sometimes when I wake up in the morning I can't move my arms because I must cut blood circulation to them by sleeping weird.

Is this killing my gains
>>
>>41027893
Pls respond
>>
What's a good replacement for upright rows? Preferably a barbell exercise.
>>
>>41030197
>>41030111
>>41030079
>>41030264
I tried some meme stretches (piriformosis stretches or something like that) and now it is my back upper hips that hurt now lmao
>>
>>41030535
How old are you?

You probably aren't extending your lumbar spine enough. You need to really push it. Watch videos of the starting position. It's awkward and painful. You need to maintain the same awkward/painful back extension throughout the lift.
>>
>>41029392
http://evolution.anthro.univie.ac.at/institutes/urbanethology/resources/pdf/johnston.pdf
>>
I'm looking for 1 assistance shoulder exercise to add to my routine.
What's something that I could do for 2x8 that would benefit me for Presses?
>>
>>41028260
HOOK GRIP
O
O
K

G
R
I
P
>>
>>41030584
Arnold press, behind the neck overhead press.
>>
>>41029078
focus on strength if its only going to be a month of bulking
>>
>>41027258
How do I stop the barbell hitting my dick during deadlifts?
>>
>>41030560
got it m8
btw, is it a good idea to try to practice power cleans instead of deadlifting next workout? of course assuming I still suffer lightly from the pain described
>>
Hello, this is my current routine, i've been doing it for a long time switching it with similar routines, im sure you'll say its shit but here it goes:

Day A
30 minutes cycle to college (where my gym is)
bench press 3x10 (current weight 70kg)
incline press 3x10 (current weight 50kg)
lying down dumbell flies 3x10 (17,5kg dumbells)
planks 3x40 seconds
side plank 3x40 seconds
30 minutes ride back

Day B
30 minutes bike ride to college
pullups 3xmax ( i usually do 7-5-5)
assisted pullups 3x10(i use around 40kg assist)
lat pulldown machine 3x10 (50kg)
planks 3x40 seconds
side plank 3x40 seconds
30 minutes ride back

Day C
30 minutes bike ride
dumbell military press (12.5kg dumbells)
dumbell side raises (10kg dumbells)
dumbell front raises (10kg dumbells)
squats 3x10 (only the bar see explanation)
deadlift 3x10 (only the bar see explanation)
planks 3x40 seconds
side plank 3x40 seconds
30 minutes ride back

Some important points:
-My stats are 173cm 85 kg, my goal is to cut and mantain as much muscle as possible.
-Im on a 1200-1500 cals diet, which usually results in a deficit of about 700 cals.
-Im working trough a lower back problem and the doctor forbid me from doing squats and deadlifts with any significant weight, i just do them with the bar to practice my form while im at it. That's also the reason i have ab work, it's part of the therapy
-I dont isolate biceps or triceps because i hit them enough with the compounds.
-I aim for 10 reps because thats what i think as hypertrophy. I try to improve my lifts but they are kinda stalling at the posted rates.

What tips do you have for me? im sure youre gonna shit all over this routine, do you think it can be fixed? should i start with another routine? should i switch to lower reps? remember that i have those lower back issues that don't let me do squats (for the moment) and the bike ride is inevitable for me because thats the only way i can go to college.

Thanks in advance for any tip
>>
I know over training a mucle before it recovers is bad and ruins the gains. If you do it once or twice is it bad?

>had plenty of time Sunday so hit chest and arms
>did back today so bis still get activated a little bit and were even more sore after today

Am I fucked?
>>
>>41030692
just follow common sense and dont be a psycho
>>
File: IMG_20170410_224300027.jpg (4MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170410_224300027.jpg
4MB, 3120x4160px
So I fairly recently started getting these red rashes on both my hands. I did also recently start eating better and lifting but I don't think it's related. If I slap a ton of lotion on it for a few days it seems to go away but comes back fairly fast. What's going on?
>>
>>41029796
but question is,
do you do these back to back?
and how do they compare on doing them mingled

that sequence you described even sounded like way overkill
distributed that in two days? even then it looks like it would take too much time
>>
>>41027538
If you want a more direct exercise, do farmer's walks.
>>
File: 1491773543550.jpg (970KB, 1987x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1491773543550.jpg
970KB, 1987x3056px
I heard some good shit about zinc ,can I get a quick rundown/suggested dosage?
>>
when I attempt the clean upper rack position, my wrists and lats feel very uncomfortable, is it supposed to be like this?
>>
>>41030174
Yes
>>
>>41030333
>>41030423

This is not good advice, there's no arbitrary standard for "how much you should be able to lift" to be finished SS.

You do SS until your gains plateau, then re-evaluate, and most likely pick a different routine with more volume.

The reason behind this is because it's a novice routine. It's purpose is to allow you to learn the basic barbell movements.
>>
>>41027893
arnold press is for shoulders, and this routine is not specific enough about what types of exercises you need to do for "triceps", "biceps" etc.

It seems like it would be enough volume though. Just make sure you pick appropriate exercises.
>>
>>41031212

Kaya, O., Gokdemir, K., Kilic, M., & Baltaci, A. K. (2006) Zinc supplementation in rats subjected to acute swimming exercise: its effect on testosterone levels and relation with lactate. Neuroendocrinology 27(1–2):267–270
>...zinc supplementation leads to a significant increase in testosterone levels and a significant decrease in lactate levels.
>...physiological doses of zinc supplementation can be useful for performance.

Over the counter 220 mg doses of Zinc Sulfate, should be a fine dosage daily without problems.
>>
>>41030721
Do you work as a dishwasher? Or have your hands submerged in hot water regularly? Wear nitrile, or latex gloves regularly? Did you start using a new soap in your home, or in your job? Address these common causes first, and then consider consulting a physician.
>>
>>41031427
I do have to wear latex gloves a lot but I have been wearing them for 7 years and this only recently started happening
>>
>>41030681
Seems very uneven. For example, other than planks the unique exercises you do on B are just pullups/lat pulldowns, very targeted.Then on C, you do both squats and deadlifts, and DB OHP, and delt raises.

Advice, move some stuff from C. There's way more on that day than there needs to be.

If you're having problems with your back. Doing squats and DL on the same day isn't going to help. And furthermore, If you can't add weight, don't do them. Its a waste of time.

Is this a 3 d/wk routine? If it is, your lifts aren't going to progress very quickly. You only do bench press/chest 1 day of the week, that's nothing, you need more volume. Same with OHP.

Basically, your routine looks like horseshit.
>>
>>41031456
It's really hard for me to say whats causing it. It could be so many things. If your hands have been sweating a lot in your gloves, that's a common cause for rashes.

Beyond that it's a rabbit hole of questions. Like I said if its something that you've had for more than a few weeks now, consider seeing a doctor, and asking them.
>>
>>41027258
if you're upper AVM+, then no.
>>
File: 61PgkSDec4L._SL1125_.jpg (73KB, 1125x964px) Image search: [Google]
61PgkSDec4L._SL1125_.jpg
73KB, 1125x964px
Are these things any good? Do they help at all?
>>
What's a good multivitamin? Looking to hit a diet soon
>>
>>41031520
>If you're having problems with your back. Doing squats and DL on the same day isn't going to help. And furthermore, If you can't add weight, don't do them. Its a waste of time.
my idea was to do them to work on my techinque in the meantime. the doctor said they were ok as long as i dont act significant weight

should i do leg excersises with machines in the meantime?

leg press would be similar to squats right? what would work the muscles for deadlift?
>>
if you have some problem with your occlusion, yes

jaw surgery is pretty ballsy and they won't do it on non medical cases
>>
>>41027258
do girls like feet like how guys like women feet?
>>
>>41031520
>Is this a 3 d/wk routine? If it is, your lifts aren't going to progress very quickly. You only do bench press/chest 1 day of the week, that's nothing, you need more volume. Same with OHP.
>Basically, your routine looks like horseshit.

could you give me alternatives?, both splits and whole body routines.

im starting to suspect,by what you said, that splits only work if you hit them very often.

keep in mind i cant do squats or deadlifts
>>
>>41027258

bros help how do I cure bad breath

apparently everyone at my job has been talking shit behind my back and I only found out 3 days ago. how do I get fast breath gains. I don't want my breath to smell like nothing like most people, I want my breath to smell like fucking scandinavian wind. that'll show 'em.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170331-083926.jpg (240KB, 1079x716px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170331-083926.jpg
240KB, 1079x716px
I quit caffeine cold turkey a week ago and I'm still getting dull headaches throughout the day

Are these supposed to last this long
>>
>>41032103
some girls do at least. also, normal people dont particularly like a women feet, its just a fetish, but i know some girls like it because i've been asked by sloots to send feet pictures
>>
>>41032189
wash your teeth correctly regularly

also, dont have stomach problems
>>
How can I prevent my lower back from bending during heavy deadlifts?
I've been doing them for a couple months now (after 2 years of letting but no dears) and am up to a 3plate max, but once I get past 2plate, my form starts to suffer. Had a friend film me when I maxed out the other day and I had an absurd back-bend going on, the kind that gets posted in snap city threads.
I've been doing hip and back stretches since mobility was my initial problem but it feels impossible to keep my back straight when I lift, no matter how many different ways I try.
There hasn't been any pain or snapping but I'm worried that something will happen if I keep going up in weight.

Will a belt help with form (I haven't been using one) or is that just a crutch?
>>
>>41032210

I brush twice a day and floss before bed, but I'm gonna start brushing + flossing after every meal

what constitutes stomach problems m8
>>
>>41031669
anyone?
>>
>>41027258
>Abs
I'm pretty sure it's my weakest muscle group relative to everything else. I never work on them, because I bought the meme that squats/deadlifts develop them sufficiently. Now I just look weird naked because I have huge thighs, a nice chest and nice arms, but a pretty flabby tummers.

Can you pals give me some great exercises that crush abs that I can do about three times per week?

Thanks brahs.
>>
>>41032226
Would like to add: I'm not sure what the root of my problem is; when my friend is maxing out he'll start shaking and turn bright red but his back never falters at all.
Meanwhile when I lift I feel like I'm focusing all my energy into not letting my back fold in half, energy that could be spent lifting harder.
Does leverage (based on femur vs tibia length) play a big role in how the stress is distributed, because I've noticed that a friend of mine with long-ass femurs (like me) has the same problem while my other lifting friends with short legs don't.

Not that I'm looking for an excuse, but I'm interesested in knowing more about how the system is working during the lift.
>>
>>41032280
Try doing the thing where you lie on the edge of a bench (with your ass just hanging off) and slowly raise and lower your straight legs while holding onto the bench behind your head. Once you git gud, dragon flags. I superset these with crunches to burn out my abs at the end of workouts if I have a few extra minutes.

Some people swear by ab wheels but they always just hurt my back, I don't know.
>>
>>41032230
like with calorie counting and fatties, consider the possibility that youre not brushing your teeth correctly.

acid reflux fucks up your breath
>>
What method should i choose, if I want to be /greekgod/ mode? Fully aesthetic. Currently doing 2x full body a week for 3 months. Should i jump to something different?
>>
>>41032189
Chew gum all the time.
>>
>>41032342
Cool, thanks for the suggestion. Admittedly I've been eyeballing the ab wheel too.
>>
>>41032351
what would a good compound routine look like if i cant do squats or deadlifts because of back problems.
>>
Anybody here ever had an extended Sacrum?

Or at least that's what the PT is calling it.

Apparently during a lift my joint locked up down there. I seem to be genetically predisposed to such things and I am just finding this out at 30.

It's pretty uncomfortable and has left me more or less unable to do anything that involves my back. PT is saying that it should clear up within a month with proper treatment but I'm damn scared.
>>
>>41032397
>extended
hyperextended? you can't hyperextend a bone and "Extended" doesn't mean anything
>>
please this::::>>41032360
>>
>>41032436
Fuck if I know. I'm pretty sure that it's mainly that the sacroiliac joint is locked up. Apparently my back is kind of hinging in there at L5 instead of properly bending.

I just know that the PT's call it an extended Sacrum for some reason when they're discussing how to proceed between each other. It has kind of confused me to be honest but they're more knowledgeable than I am.
>>
>>41032360
Can't help you too much mate but I've heard mention that the leg press is a decent alternative if you can't regular squat.
>>
so for fast progress its better a compound routine than a split?
>>
what is the absolute undeniable best for mantaining muscle mass during a harsh cut:

1) ¿SPLIT ROUTINE OR FULL BODY ROUTINE?

2)¿4-6 REP RANGE OR 8-12 REP RANGE?
>>
>>41027258
> Mean Factor Score

that's too harsh, why don't they have a Nice Facto Score instead?
>>
My calves look insane but I have skelemode hammies despite doing squats and deads + cycling all the time, wtf do I do?
More weight? I'm almost to 5pl8 deads and I can do 3pl8 squats for days at x5. Should I go for hypertrophy x12 squats?
>>
>>41032548
what is a good push pull routine? is it recommended for begginers?
>>
>>41032548

Lower your body fat.

Gain more muscle

That's literally all the choices availible
>>
File: a168e20671d5773688fe50b1320e98e5.jpg (221KB, 1335x1214px) Image search: [Google]
a168e20671d5773688fe50b1320e98e5.jpg
221KB, 1335x1214px
How is this routine? 5x5 on compounds, except 3x5 on Deadlift?
And abs as well
>>
>>41032641
I know a lot of beginning people who do PPL, I never cared for it personally I like doing upper/lower splits cause then at least half my body feels good I do a ABXABXX alternating routine atm, been on it for my cut the last couple months. Wednesday I do cardio and I just rest hard on the weekends sometimes a light BW routine if I feel antsy. PPL just isn't enough working out for me but I know it works, I can't give great advice on it because I've never commited to one.

Otherwise I just do fullbody workouts til I feel like I'm dying 3 days a week and do 2 days of cardio.

>>41032661
I'm already on a cut bwahhh.
I'm going to finish this cut and then clean bulk, guess I'll just have to up my lower routine and make it savage.
>>
File: CdyvAIGWAAAXE_H.jpg (104KB, 600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
CdyvAIGWAAAXE_H.jpg
104KB, 600x1067px
I just bought a few packs of large Shirmps, any good /fit/ approved recipes to use for cutting lads?
>>
>>41030721
echzema possibly, go to a gp and they can give you some miracle cream if it is echzema
>>
>>41027500
Nah. But body fat is hard to judge desu. People tend to underestimate their body fat, but some overestimate it too. Especially skeletons. So you can get into dangerous territory of 6% bf, which will fuck with your hormones and not even know it.
>>
My routine has everything with 5 reps. Should i keep adding weight to my pull up or try to do more?
i can do 7 reps max, but i feel like a real man should be able to do 10 reps

will increasing the pull up weigth at 5 reps be good to get to 10 reps quicker?
>>
>>41032193
Dude right? I know exactly what you mean, Stopped drinking a can of coke every day. Went from averaging 18 hours of being awake to 8 hours. Took me about 3 weeks but i slowly stopped feeling tired at 3pm.
>>
>>41032790

Are you just going to eat nothing but shrimp for the next to days? Wtf lmao.

Also, if it's frozen, don't do that shit again. Frozen seafood is terrible; both in nutrients and in taste
>>
File: 1375387984526.jpg (75KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1375387984526.jpg
75KB, 750x750px
>>41032350
I already do!

>>41032343
maybe I have acid reflux, but I definitely brush my teeth correctly son

fucc now I'm paranoid about standing too close to people.
>>
>>41032841

where to get fresh fish then and have it last
>>
>>41032842
>but I definitely brush my teeth correctly son
sure, whatever.

i just want you to think of all the fat people who think they eat rigth and "spend a lot of calories walking to work"

but sure, dont go to the dentist and have him teach you the proper techique personally (which is the only way to be sure)

worst case scenario you fail at every social interaction for the rest of your life
>>
>>41032852

lmao

what do you think I did to be so sure I'm brushing and flossing correctly

you're starting to get annoying m8
>>
File: a.png (6KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
6KB, 350x350px
Could anyone recommend a lifting app? Like something I can track my lifts on that shows me statistics and tells me how close I am to hitting my goals etc.
>>
>>41032869
>you're starting to get annoying m8
i dont give a shit its for your own good.

im not saying you shit on the toothbrush and then deepthroat it or some shit like that

there is subtle but important stuff i could list it all but i would never end

just go to a fucking dentist and let him explain it to you, this is a huge problem in your life its worth dedicating time and effort properly to resolve it, and unlike lifting it IS something you can solve instantly
>>
>>41032899
>
are these routines any good?
https://www.t-nation.com/training/push-pull-training-the-next-generation

why does the reps in everyhing increase,

each session is like

excersise 1 5 reps
excersise 2 8 reps
excersise 3 10 reps

any logics to this or its all shit?
>>
>>41032822
please this this
>>
>>41032822
Yes. Put some weight on while doing pullups and your reps will go up fast.
>>41032491
For a beginner at the gym, yes. You can add 1-2 accessories in but to maximize your beginner gains and reserve time I'd go full body x3.
>>41032347
Why do you do full body twice a week? Usually when people do full body it's at least x3 times a week.
>>41028086
Search for calaesthetics workouts on google.
>>41027538
Yes, but if you want to improve your forearms even further then do something that directly hits them. Farmer's Walks and Wrist Roller are the best at building joozy forearms.
>>
>>41033036
>For a beginner at the gym
im not a begginer, i've been working out for 6 months, but i think in a shitty way, these are my stats:

>>41030681

should i still do a full body? (remember im on a cut)
>>
>>41033046
>not a beginner
>6 months

Your beginner as fuck you downie.
>>
>>41027856
Deff the first one! Didnt you notice the legs arrent connected on the other rack?
I would recommend getting a cage unless you have a floor where you can drop the weight on if you fail a squat
>>
>>41033067
>Your beginner as fuck you downie.
but like, how begginer are these numbers, is it the same as not doing anything or have i made progress. BAre in mind my routine was shit and i did EVERYTHING FOR 10 REPS(except the pull ups):

Bench press 70kg
Military press 35kg
Pull ups (7 pull ups max unweighted im 173 cm 85kg)
1 minute plank

i cant do squats or deadlifts yet because of some back issues im fixing. and i wont post other excersises cause they are basically accesories,
based on those numbers, am i out of the extreme total 100% newbie same as not hitting the gym territory or were my 6 months there useless?
>>
also, please answer this one, this one is important:
>>41032927
>>
>>41028144
If you fail 3 times on same weight, deload 10% and keep going. Ohp and bp allways stall before the other lifts. Once you start stalling in all lifts you are done with the linear progression and should look into an intermediate program like texas or 531.
>>
>>41032189
floss your god damn teeth
>>
>>41033091
Nothing is over 1pl8.
Your beginner on the level of a child.
>>
>>41033144
so youre saying thats normal for someone who just started the gym, i have the lifts of someone who just started the gym?

bare in mind all of these are for 10 resp

a person who just start the gyms can bench 10 reps of 70 kgs? does everyone think that?
>>
>>41030681
Too little leg work, throw in some leg press.

A note on you doctors advise: my best friend is a doctor, his sister is a doctor and lots of my friends are newly finished doctors. When the doc tells you what to do and maybe prescribe you medicine, he HAS to do whatever is the safest option to minimize risk the most. Thats like in their contract or w/e. Now my doc friend works out aswell and he tells me most of the time squats and deadlifts would litterally be the best thing a patient with backpains could do. But because most people have shit form they cannot recommend it because shit form WILL fuck up your back.
>>
>>41032841
Frozen shrimp is fine imo, that's why I bought it. Where the fuck am I gonna get fresh shrimp in Oklahoma m8?
>>
>>41033158
I'm saying that's normal for someone who is 12. And tried to lift weights for fun.
>>
>>41033194
>eating seafood that sat on a truck for days to weeks

Fucking ew.

t. Californian
>>
>>41033202
seriously, thats the average for untrained people 70kg, for 10 reps? damn, what should i be lifting for 10 reps after a year?
>>
>>41033209
he's just fucking with you, according to this its intermediate level, not bad, but not impressive at all either
http://www.strengthstandards.co/#/
according to this it's an intermediate lift
>>
>>41033046
6 months is a beginner. Also, before I answer, may I ask why you don't do anything for your legs and back? You have lat pulldowns, assisted pullups, pullups all that hit your lats really hard but not the rest of your back.
Also, what you're doing is not full body workouts especially if you only go to the gym twice a week. Full body means you work out your entire body every day you go. What you're doing looks more like 2x week brosplit.
>>
>>41032226
I have some advice.
You should breathe in a lot of air in your diaphragm and make your core tight by tensing your abs. That should stabilize your spine. Belts are a crutch. Work on your core. Do ab exercises. Be mindful of your daily posture. Take your vitamin d. Eat big to get big cmon. Drink your sperm for dat dere protons. Fuck traps so you get huge traps. Leave humanity behind. We are all gonna make it.
>>
>>41033205
Yeah you may have better shrimp than us, but at least our state isn't filled to the brim with liberalfags and literal faggots

>Okies 1
>dirty californians 0
>>
Can someone help me with SARMS?

I have LGD4033 and MK677.

Was going to do a 60 day (roughly 8 week) cycle.

LGD4033 - 1 cap/day (10mg) every day
MK677 - 2 caps/day (20mg) every day

The problem is the caps are 10mg each and 60 in each bottle, so I don't have enough to take the above dosage consistently for the entire cycle. So should I do something like:

30 days - LGD
30 days - LGD + MK

or...

15 days - LGD
30 days - LGD + MK
15 days - LGD

It might be trivial but I can't decide what would be best.
>>
>>41033288
I'm in NorCal, we hate faggots just as much as the rest of the world.
We do have a lot of liberal faggots who think weed is a miracle sent by God though and a lot of them are misinformed retards for sure. State of Jefferson isn't any better, they are just as stupid but like shooting guns.

>I like fresh seafood
>I also hate this place
>>
>>41032360
Can you do light weight good mornings or straight leg deadlifts? Can you do leg press? I swear by OHP, bench, pullups, squat, deadlift. Try some machines that substitute compound leg work, do your bench/ohp/pullups and do you biceps and triceps isolations and you're good.
>>
>>41033323
Sorry m8, lets create our own state with guns, fresh seafood, hookers, blackjack, gyms, and free test.
>>
>>41033291
I ran two SARMs Cycles around 2-3 years ago. I made great gains, but I do regret it to this day. I'm worried about potential long term affects of the compound. So far nothing, can't believe I took something that literally blinded me during the day. Jesus Christ was I dumb lol
>>
>>41033351
What did you run?
>>
>>41032898
Strong for iOS
>>
>>41033340
So like...Nevada?
Other than free test it's still pretty solid on seafood, a lot of the bigger casinos get their shit express delivered from the bay. (non-buffet tier) although I've heard even the buffets in Vegas have pretty good quality food compared to most places.
>>
>>41033368
Same exact thing as you m8
>>
>>41033392
I'm actually a Blackjack dealer lol, I could totally make the move to Vegas. Especially now since they have the Raiders.
>>
>>41031282
Your stupid af. His diet or sleep or something is off. This nigga is not done with ss at a 275lb dead lift sorry. Unless he is a 4 ft midget or some shit. That's only 30lbs heavier than weight I started deadlifting at.
>>
>>41027258
If you don't have any pains or any other "uneaesthetical" problems then I'd say do not do it. Every surgery you take makes you weaker.

I've been thinking about taking jaw surgery against muscular pain because how my jaw is located. I still do not really want to take it. Especcially if your surgeon fucks up you are damaged for the rest of your life.
>>
>>41032189
Go see your dentist. Might be caused by something "serious". + Do not forget to stay hydrated.
>>
Can I lift and climb/parkour without them conflicting? I feel too heavy and immobile when I'm hitting the gym and climbing and parkour require more bodyweight exercises.

Is it possible to do both at the same time and not sacrifice a lot of size/agility for either's sake? Right now my gym routine is 4 days x 1 rest, maybe I should cut it down?
>>
>>41031310
Yes, nice arms and shoulders.

>Triceps: lying triceps extensions, rope pushdowns
>Biceps: ez-bar curl, hammer curls with rotation (supinating as ascending)
>Shoulders: btn ohp, arnold press
>>
>>41033743
>Is it possible to do both at the same time and not sacrifice a lot of size/agility for either's sake?
Yes.

>Right now my gym routine is 4 days x 1 rest, maybe I should cut it down?
Yes.

I'd look for a basic strength program such as lascek s&cp or allan thrall beginner program...
>>
>>41033158
I started at 1pl8 bench and 2pl8 diddly. Son you are definitely still beginner. Don't get discouraged you have made progress
>>
I've probably cucked myself by going too low on my calorie intake. I started with 1800 for 3 months and my weight loss has been minimal. I'm talking about 1kg per month, even though I go to the gym 6 times a week. I made sure I'm taking in 185g of protein to lose fat and maintain muscle.

I have been putting on a lot of muscle but it's unclear to me how many Kg's of muscle I've actually put on since the beginning. Right now I'm 4 months in and around 4-5kg lighter than I was before. Theoretically on such a strict diet I should've dropped quite a lot already.

My calculated TDEE is 2985, I've recently upped my intake to 2200 calories for the last 3 weeks. How long will it take before my metabolism gets uncucked?
>>
>>41029195
Source?
>>
>>41032189
Brush your tongue as well
>>
>>41027258
How did the ancients achieve jacked mode without roids? Pic related Dacians,who didn't eat wheat as they cultivatred millet. Really makes you think huh
>>
>>41030630
Cut off your dick. Gotta keep those gains going.
>>41034022
Grains in the past werent shelled like they are now. Check out farro and other ancient grains. the entire grain is there and is fully nutritious unlike most common wheat which had the most nutritious part removed.
>>
If I stall on the heavy day for the Texas Method I just drop the volume right? if so, can I do 4x2 if I can't do 2x3?
>>
>>41033805
Can't see what's the problem. You didn't lose a lot of total weight bc you're likely a beginner to lifting, and beginners can put lots of muscle mass even on calorie deficit (ie noob gains). 1000 calories deficit is a lot but it's alright to do it for a few weeks only, especially if you're training. I would reduce the deficit to 2400 calories now that you lost the bulk of fat you wanted to lose; and I would also fast + train for a day each week. Bear in mind that numbers are nice, but the change you see in the mirror is what really matter t b h.
>>
>>41027258
WTF is wrong with me?

I started SL 5x5 on am progressing ok-ish. Current lifts:
Squat: 5x5 60 kg
BP: 5x5 45 kg
DL: 1x5 70 kg
Row: 5x5 35 kg
OHP: 5x5 22.5 kg

Although I am still at babby weight, I have only managed to increase my OHP by measly 2.5 kg since beginning. WTF? I am always missing the last rep on the 4th and the last one or two reps on the 5th set.

Do I deserve to be gassed?
195 cm / 6'4 and 100 kg / 220 lbs tallfag reporting in.
>>
>>41031388
Thank you
>>
>>41034108
Bad form + bad progression scheme it's the most likely explanation. Google lascek ohp and also look for Alan thrall videos on form on all main lifts.

I'm also 195cm and I was 100kg skinny fat when I started lifting, and my initial numbers were 15-30kg above yours.
>>
>>41034108
Btw, sl is a bad program for beginners. You might wanna check candito lp.
>>
>>41034160
T-thanks. Will do. Would be nice to press more than the bar with some 1.25 kg-coins on each side.

I started with the bar in some cases and with fairly little weight on other lifts. I put on 2.5 kgs each workout, except for the DL, there it is 5 kgs.

Weight is no absurd challenge right now (except for the OHP), but I think in a couple of workouts, it will be.
>>
I consider myself an """"intermediate"""" lifter. Is that an okay plan? my OHP and bench were really lagging in SS so I figured why not press and bench more
U1LxU2Lxx
I alternate between chin ups and dips for my two upper days. My schedule does not allow me to go to the gym more than 4 times a week...

Upper
Bench Press 3x8
Overhead Press 3x8
Chest Supported Rows 3x12
1.Pull Ups 3xF 2.Dips 3xF
Bent Over Raises 3x12
Biceps/Triceps Superset 3x12

Lower
Squats 3x8
Stiff Legs Deadlift 3x8
Standing Calf Raise 3x12
Leg Curl 3x12
Leg Extension 3x12
Seated Calf Raise 3x12
>>
New to lifting, doing SS. How do I deal with the fact that squats COMPLETELY drain my energy? I have a hard time finishing the set and am unable to muster the energy for anything else afterwards. Should I always just save it till last?
>>
Every TDEE calculator I use except iifym has my TDEE at 1900, while iifym has me at 1600. What's the deal?
>>
Started lifting 3-4 days a week, push / pull
Recently went to 6
Now I'm thinking about going morning and night.
Is there a routine that will allow 2 adays 6 days a week without steady state cardio?
I get cardio cycling places.
>>
My sister claims to have lost 5% bodyfat (from 37 to 32) by doing weights cutting out shitty food and doing cardio within 2.5 weeks, is this common or possible?
>>
>>41034786
>is this common or possible?
Both. Higher the body fat, easier to lose fat.
>>
>>41029575
Should've gone for a body triangle desu
>>
When people go to gym, why do they take their socks off and put fresh ones and after workout put the old ones back on instead of working out with whatever u had and put on fresh ones after the shower??/
>>
>>41034855
>working out with whatever u had and put on fresh ones after the shower??
This is what do. Never noticed that people put used socks on clean feet. Absolutamente asqueroso.
>>
So we all know about noob gains, but I'm curious. Say I do a routine that's focuses on the bigger muscle groups (Legs, Chest, Back), and I hit my limit on the noob gains that can be had there, if I begun doing Bicep curls would I still experience noob gains on my biceps?
>>
when I grab my hips if I squeeze them really hard my love handles are completely gone, does that mean its not bones as I thought and losing the fat would make me finally look good?
>>
>>41035061
Yes.
>>
Tree branch pull ups the best for grip gains?
>>
Anyone ever try rogaine or minoxodil before? On its own, no propecia or anything else?

Does it work? I just want to maintain my hair another 5ish years till im 30. After that I can bald I won't really care.
>>
>>41035265
>After that I can bald I won't really care.
sure
>>
File: sad yuuko.gif (456KB, 600x573px) Image search: [Google]
sad yuuko.gif
456KB, 600x573px
Im trying to get rid of buttwink and I just fucking cant.
I tried a wider stance, I can reach parallel but my hips hurts when doing so, anything lower I just cant.
I tried stretching, still no effect.
All this with low-bar btw, high-bar is pretty much fine
>>
how about this push pull:

Day 1
Squat 4x5
Pull up 4x5
Chest barbell row 3x10
Lat pullwdon 3x10
Plank 3x60
Side plank3x60

Day 2
Deadlift 4x5
Bench press 4x5
Dumbell fly 4x10
Military press 4x5
Side raises 4x5
Plank
Side plank
>>
>>41027258
Can I take BCAAs, creatine, fibre or supplements during my fasting window? Or do I need to wait until my eating window?

I keep seeing conflicting things via Google searches.
>>
I don't eat breakfast, I never did. Is this bad?
>>
is apetite variable from person to person or is everyone dealt the same cards
>>
>>41035726
extremely, your circadian rythm determines protein incorporation when your melatonin is lowest (aka right after you wake up).

basically, youre wasting half your gains
>>
>>41035675
Squat is a push, dl is a pull
>>
>>41035833
so switch them?
>>
>>41035833
dl is a push you meme
>>
>pretend you're holding a bar bell
>try to do an OHP
>now pretend you're hanging from a pull up bar
>try to do a pull up

The same exercise, but work different muscles?!?!?!?!
>>
>>41035879
No, you're thinking of overhead DLs
>>
>>41035744
Nice broscience.
>>
>>41035938
if you think hormone optimization is broscience youre not gonna make it pal
>>
>>41035879
>>41035833
what is a good push pull then?
>>
>>41035966
>if you waste any amount of time thinking your hormone optimization has any meaningful impact on your physique you're not going to make it pal
>>
>>41035966
>hormone optimization
>not optimal hormonization
say goodbye to your gains
>>
>>41035977
Switch your DL and squats.
That other guy is a troll and or idiot.
Ask yourself, is the weight getting closer or further from your center of gravity.
Dl is pulling it up and in and works your back, same as rows work your back.
>>
My fingers hurt really, really badly. I do a lot of side landscaping work to save up for my next impulse purchase/vacation, and I spent 24 hours this weekend pretty much swinging a pickaxe.

I think my fingers are sore as fuck from gripping that long, and it's intensely painful to put any strain on them when I lift-anyone have remedies/similar experience?
>>
>>41035966
>>41036013
>>41036069
what the fuck is hormone optimization
>>
>>41036089
Something only autists worry about. Don't worry anon
>>
Hi,
my current routine is basically a full-body workout and I do that every other day, If I feel somewhat sore even after the rest day, should I have two rest days in between or not?
Thanks in advance
>>
>>41036079
>switch your dl and squats
He's still working a shit routine
>>
>>41036087
Is it more of a skin pain or muscle/bone pain?
>>
>>41036089
It is when you externally chemistry the hormonal quantum reactor to a point of hypermetrophobisis
t. hormone optimizator
>>
>>41036197
what? i dont understand a single word youre saying, is there a guide to this somewhere? this isnt on the sticky
>>
>>41027258
How can I become DOM without roids?
>>
I'm fairly new to the gym, and still figuring out proper form, I feel like I'm doing bench presses wrong, in the sense that in flat and incline I feel like my left elbow is doing some work, and can't find a way to stop it, any suggestions?
>>
>>41036138
What is he missing?
>>
What determines our energy
Like today i feel like shiet and cant really go to the gym but ive only done 3 hours lessons and slept 8 hours
I remember a couple times i slept like 6.5 and did 6 hours lessons and felt energetic enough to lift after
>>
>>41027258
DOM jaw natty?
>>
>>41036525
>>41037361
Name one celebrity with a DOM jaw.
>>41027258
>>
What are some good "wrist work" and calve exercises? Ex wrist work 2x10

Also what shoes do u recommend for squatting?
>>
any bros here with back hair?

how do you deal with it effectively? i'm a poor student so can't afford waxing and shaving it is basically a fucking afternoon project
>>
>>41037810
How do you currently address it? I use Wahl's stainless steel clippers w/o guard, and they do well enough. It's a one-time investment that'll last you a long time. And you surely don't have to do the SS ones--they're built really well, but do the same job other clippers can do

>tfw had back hair since junior year of high school, but can't grow a beard worth dick
>>
>>41037867
I suppose "trimmer" would actually be the appropriate terminology for them
>>
>>41037867
i just use a regular razor, but the problem is being able to reach, most of it is located along the spine
>>
>>41028260
>too early for chalk
you should be using chalk for every set you fucking idiot, what is it with this bullshit cult mentality of "m-muh grip strength, squats and oats!!!!!", just do what works and helps you progress, if you get stuck at 225lbs and need straps, so be it (just an example, I really doubt any grown man wouldn't be able to dl 225 with chalk at least)
>>
I hurt my back about a month ago and can't do squats, deadlifts, rows and shrugs, which means my back and legs won't be getting any stimulus. I'm going to the gym tomorrow and plan on doing bench/chinups/arm work and overhead press over the next few weeks, until I get an MRI to see what the fuck's happened to my lower back. Is it fine to only do upper body stuff for a while? I've been planning on letting my upper body catch up anyway but never got the chance until now.
>>
>>41027414
Straight Shota
>>
Is shitting bad for you?
>>
Is it normal that hack-squats are much harder than back squats?

I'm a 2-month dyel and my back squat was at 70 kg until a realized my ass did most of the work so I switched to hack squats to target the quads. I had to deload back to 60 kg to do them properly lest I turn them into deadlifts.
>>
>>41038152
Depends where you shit from.
>>
File: shitframe.jpg (172KB, 500x597px) Image search: [Google]
shitframe.jpg
172KB, 500x597px
Will lifting fix my terrible frame? I don't want to have a fridge body forever.
>>
Rough start or light?
>>
>>41027258
How accurate is the calories burned calculator in bb.com?
>>
>>41038243
your frame is fine, you're just a pussy faggot, go lift
>>
>>41038339
Simple.
>>
File: 1488564159391.jpg (239KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
1488564159391.jpg
239KB, 1080x1349px
Should I hop on yohimbine before summer rolls around? I've just gotten down into the 170's for the first time in my life, and the ability to be lean is so fucking CLOSE that I can almost fucking taste it, but my love handles and gut are proving hard to lose. Is it worth it for someone who has been lifting for 6 months? Or should I just continue on hoping to lose more weight at my deficit?
>>
>>41038243
This : >>41038339
>>
How do I make my thighs thicker?
>>
File: 1486013061408.jpg (214KB, 345x336px) Image search: [Google]
1486013061408.jpg
214KB, 345x336px
>>41033538
>Your
>>
>>41038703
urge to rape and impregnate....RISING!
>>
>>41032106
I'm not a trainer, and I have no experience suggesting routines. I don't want to tell you something that's wrong.

What you're saying about splits is true, you need to work out very often for them to work. Ask around on here for routines and people will suggest some for you.

Alternatives for squats and deadlifts (avoiding low back) you could do hamstring curls, and leg extensions. This obviously won't benefit you as much as DL or squat but It should be fine.
>>
>>41032064
Yea, you can do leg press, hamstring curls, and leg extensions.

Working on your form is ok, but doing that at low weight could lead to bad habits, that would be bad for you under weight. That's why I suggested dropping them.
>>
>>41027258
how do I into ab wheels? do I do them like any other acessory aka 3x8?

Im doing only hanging leg raises 3x per week but thought about rotating it with ab wheel or do both
>>
>>41038703
Yeah why not?
>>
I'm feeling exhausted.
Waking up at 6am, college until 3pm and then I go to the gym, I'm getting plenty of sleep too, and taking vitamin D and a complex of vitamin B.

Is it just the current low test (I'm borderline Auschwitz mode, with noob gains)?

I'm lifting primarily for the energy and healthy body and mind I need for my studying routine (STEMfag). Feeling exhausted like this is pretty much the one thing I want to avoid.

Should I get a preworkout or this will fix itself? Again, very tired.
>>
>>41039377
Get your thyroid checked.
>>
>>41028767
Work on mobility work, make sure to really stretch and foam roll before you workout. 3-5 minutes of cardio will prime your nervous system for lifting.

Dumbbell bench press, isolating the delts/tricep and cable flies? Take creatine and do that, should strengthen the shoulders.

I started with barbell bench press and stalled at 175, moved to dumbells and I'm at 200 and probably moving back to barbell. Push-ups help to.
>>
What is a proper wrist circumference?
>>
>>41038243
frame is fine, you're just a skinnyfat faggot
Building lats and losing stomach fat will give you more of the triangle form as opposed to rectangle, you just need to work hard for a long time.
>>
>>41035886
>SteelHeavierThanFeathers.mp4
>>
File: riding-position-neck-pain-2.jpg (86KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
riding-position-neck-pain-2.jpg
86KB, 1000x667px
How do I make neck gains? Not even for the necklet meme (although that would be a bonus), but my neck starts hurting on longer bike rides. The position basically forces me to look up for several hours, which fatigues the muscles without strengthening them.
>>
>>41031669
These can cause imbalances in your wrist extensors, the opposite motion should be trained as well. You could have muscle cramps if you just train the flexion a lot. I don't know why you'd want to train this specifically
>>
>>41039206
> squats
> good mornings

3x a week at least, both 3x8-12; focus on putting more weight on squats
>>
File: 1491861866656.jpg (12KB, 217x280px) Image search: [Google]
1491861866656.jpg
12KB, 217x280px
Estimate on calories burned by walking 8 flights of stairs with 16 steps in each (just going up)? I weigh about 80kg
>>
>>41039736
That pain probably isn't due to a weak neck, look more into your riding position, make sure it's right for your dimensions.
>>
I haven't posted here for a while. But a question for you.

I would like to buy a great book on nutrition with comprehensive and up-to-date information. Not so full of jargon so it's too difficult to read, but full of great information on nutrients, minerals, vitamins, et cetera.
>>
>>41039853
TEH, K. C. and A. R. AZIZ. Heart rate, oxygen uptake, and energy cost of ascending and descending the stairs. Med. Sci. Sports Exerc., Vol. 34, No. 4, pp. 695–699, 2002.
>...The caloric cost of stepping up and down a step was calculated to be 0.11 and 0.05 kcal, respectively...

expenditure = 0.11 kcal/step * (8 * 16) steps
expenditure = 14.08 kcal

less than you'd think.
>>
>>41039816
Thanks for the reply. I don't have weights, is body weight not enough? Anything at home that I can use?
>>
>>41039328
>do I do them like any other acessory aka 3x8?
Yes.

Make sure your abs are strong enough before your do them, or you'll end up using your arms.
>>
>>41040083
>Make sure your abs are strong enough before your do them, or you'll end up using your arms.

I'm scared as fuck of snapping my shoulders, when I get 90% straight I just cant go more in fear of fucking myself up
>>
>>41040063
there are body weight squats you can do like bulgarians, shrimps, and pistol squats.
>>
>>41040063
> I don't have weights, is body weight not enough?
Not at all.

If you cycle your way everywhere for literally years you could get thicc quads, surely, hamstrings tho not so much.

For lower body, barbell training is the way to go. SS + good mornings + bulgarian split squats will get you THICC legs in under than 6 months. Not even joking.
>>
1.Gained 15lbs with no visible results, but strength went up. Im eating enough protein and calories too. Is there a problem?
2.Best rep range while bulking? Was on a ppl for past few months with little to no visible results.
>>
>>41040111
>there are body weight squats you can do like bulgarians, shrimps, and pistol squats.
Those are some good movements for improving posture, mobility etc. For thickness, not even a shade of what barbell training achieves.
>>
>>41040099
planks, and leg raises are the right thing to do to progress to ab wheels. If you're worried focus on doing some sort of bodyweight progressions in those before using an ab wheel.
>>
>>41040139
I agree, but he asked specifically for things you can do with body weight.
>>
>>41040141
I can do both of those though
>>
File: 1488178366468.jpg (922KB, 1562x4158px) Image search: [Google]
1488178366468.jpg
922KB, 1562x4158px
>>41040161
Well look, use your own judgement.

pic related suggests you should be able to do:
-hanging straight leg v-raises
-wall planks
for 30s before using an ab wheel.

You can just go straight to the ab wheel, I'm not your mom. Make up your mind for yourself.
>>
>>41040201
>for 30s...
*1 min
>>
If i'm doing noporn, can I still fap to pictures or drawings, or just fap to imagination? Or does any of that still count as porn? If that's the case, wouldn't nofap be the same thing as noporn?
>>
>>41040319
in no porn you can fap only to your imagination

no written PORN
no drawn PORN
no spoken PORN

just no porn. your imagination is fine but dont overdo it .

Like, if you masturbate 7 times per day thinking about extreme sexual scenarios constantly then youre gonna get the same issues as with porn

if you just masturbate once every 1-2 days with your imagination its much healthier than watching porn.

no fap is better actually, dont waste loads on your hand
>>
>>41029117
This is true. 6 or 7 reps per set does fuck all.
>>
>>41029195
WRONG
>>
>>41040139
Will I at least gain some thickness out of bulgarian and pistol squats? I'm just sick of my chicken legs, any improvement is welcome.
>>
>>41040438
Yes, they will help, it just wont be optimal.
>>
>>41040438
>Will I at least gain some thickness
Some, sure, but very little. If you're not able to pay the gym, just pick up some heavy shit, put it over your back and squat it til you're tired.

For example, I did it at first sugar 5kg packets, then cement bags, then a summer job where all I did was loading farm trucks.
>>
HELLLP IM A GRILL

because of my metabolism no matter how much i eat i can never get fat. I've never weighted more than 43 kg. Is it possible it has a n effect on my hormones? my tits are almost non existan my chest is like a polished flat surface.

Im 21yo now, is there a way to fix my hormones at this age? also, if i do that will it make my tits grow or is it too late?
>>
>>41040470
>>41040508
Got it. I guess I'll star with body weight and work my way up as I get stronger. I wonder if I could use a six pack of water Bottles as weight.
>>
>>41027598
>>41040420
but even if your goal is hypertrophy it's good to start with low reps to have more strenght so you can then do high reps with more weight, right?

If your goal is hypertrophy, to what strenght standards should you aim before switching to 10 reps?
>>
>>41040649
Get your thyroid checked.
>>
>>41040678
and if i fix it i get tits?
>>
>>41040661
> 0.6-0.75pl ohp (44-50kg)
> 1.25-1.5pl bench (70-80kg)
> 1.5pl squat (80kg)
You don't need deadlifts for hypertrophy.
Fit will say are weak ass numbers, and that's true to some part, but if you're doing bodybuilding program will eventually get decent numbers (<1 year likely)...
>>
>>41040722
does it make any difference if im bulking or cutting? if my goal is only aesthetics then i should always be on hypertrophy after i hit those standards?
>>41040722
>but if you're doing bodybuilding program will eventually get decent numbers
that is provided i actively try to increase the weights, right? like, it doesnt come easy, right?
>>
>>41039629
thanks
>>
>>41040722
>You don't need deadlifts for hypertrophy.
but if i don't do deadlifts then aren't i neglecting an important muscle?

>>41040722
are those standards for 5 reps and then i should switch to 10 and lower the weight, or should i aim to do those weights in 10 reps?
>>
>>41040736
You need to be low bf in order to be aesthetics. If you can afford to bulk, it's always easier way to put on mass.

>that is provided i actively try to increase the weights, right? like, it doesnt come easy, right?
Yes, exactly. Any bodybuilding program will have a monthly/weekly progression scheme based either on reps or weights or both.

>>41040761
>but if i don't do deadlifts then aren't i neglecting an important muscle?
You do romanian deadlifts or goodmornings with lower weights and much more reps instead of doing low reps maximum weights deadlifts.

>>41040761
>are those standards for 5 reps and then i should switch to 10 and lower the weight, or should i aim to do those weights in 10 reps?
It doesn't really matter, but it seems more logical to reach the weights 5 reps for then try to progress for more reps (3x6, 3x7,... 3x10).
>>
>>41040691
Fixing a faulty thyroid can help with weight problems. Don't know about tits though. It's probably a little late for that. Small tits are still hot though.
>>
>>41040828
>Small tits are still hot though.
in my experience only guys who can't choose like em. Im so tired of those creeps. And yes like you they try to convince me they like small tits, like if that convinced me to be with a loser.
>>
File: IMG_1862.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1862.png
1MB, 750x1334px
>>41032673
Not even kidding I did pretty much the same routine, this is about 6 months transformation, prob could be done sooner if focused on diet more and not drinking as much.
>>
>>41040812
is it possible to reach the strenght standards you mentioned early while on a cut? I have some muscle mass already and im cutting to see how low i can get. in the meantime im lifting but i dont know if i should go for 10 reps, to mantain muscle while i go down or 6 reps, so that when i finish the cut ill be strong enought for a nice bulk
>>
>>41040851
woah, that shaving did wonders, did you gilleted it or waxed it?
>>
>>41040649
You may be a really late boomer. I had a friend just like that, but her mother had big tits. Eventually she developed a nice pair herself (at 23y or so).

Another likely explanation is that you don't eat nearly as much as you think. Try eating some many spoons of peanut butter and drinking a few glasses of milk every and see if you gain no weight quickly.

It might as well be both reasons above.

>Im 21yo now, is there a way to fix my hormones at this age? also, if i do that will it make my tits grow or is it too late?
Hormones are always "fixable" at young age (below 40s), and mostly cases even after it.

Here in Brazil it is ordinary to check TSH and T3 lvls on blood tests, especially for women. You could check too, just to make sure, bc hyperthyroidism is quite uncommon on young women.

On a final note, tits may grow at any age srsly. There's no bones no muscle in the breasts, it is just fat deposition patterns. This quite evident on women who get bigger tits by taking the pill (literal estrogen + progesteron) or by getting pregnant.
>>
>>41040838
That's kinda true but still, if you're pretty and thin you can still be sexy. Pussy is more important than tits.

Regardless, get that thyroid checked.
>>
>>41027258
what should I work out to conceal my xxy hips
>>
>>41040954
>>41040828
Get out of the way you white knight faggot, i'll handle this
>>41040918
>>41040838
>like if that convinced me to be with a loser.
listen you fucking piece of fuckmeat, boys have standards too, so you want to be with a guy that has abs and big pecs but you're not hot yourself TOUGH BREAK, YOU GET WHAT YOU GET

and particularly, you dont get to call loser anyone, specially if they say they like small tits, youre such an hypocrite, youre worried about your shitty little body but give shit to others because theyre not perfect...

you know what, maybe you dont quite get this instruction because you have the chest of a 12yo but.

BARE THE CHEST SECTION OF YOUR TORSO OR GTFO
>>
What are /fit/s thoughts on PHAT?
>>
>>41041045
Damn good if you're intermediate lifter and have that much time available to lift/eat/rest.
>>
Ok /fit fags. Been cutting at 1000+ cals for 3 months. Lost the weight I wanted and now I am to close to my target weight to diet this hard. Wanna get back to 2500 to 2750 cals daily. Did I fuck my metabolism by cutting so hard. Is it ok to jump straight to 2500 or will I gain weight from my hard diet. Was thinking of stepping and going 2250 then to 2500
>>
>>41034169
Why is SL bad?
>>
>>41041273
Progression scheme is shitty; 5x5 is usually to much volume to progress from session to session; it lacks volume and accessory work needed for hypertrophy of shoulders and arms (i e that will make you look like you lift). So it isn't the best neither for strength base nor for the looks. Candito's LP is actually better at both. There are other better programs too (lascek's s&cp; kethnaab's SS etc).
>>
How the fuck do I stop having the urge to masturbate every day? Whenever I lift consistently my testosterone shoots the fuck up and I'm horny as all hell. Like, I'll be browsing Instagram and see some girl in a bikini and need to beat it that day.
I'm afraid it'll hinder my performance in bed with my gf. What do?
>>
Are weighted vests good or just a meme? thinking of getting one to add resistance to cardio or just to wear one around the house.
>>
>>41041493
Only good for dips and pull ups. You might as well just add more clothes while you run if you want to sweat more, or have something dragging you like a sled if you want resistance.
>>
>>41040887
just clippers, had to get my mom to get my back tho
>>
Im fasting atm and only eating dinner

is it okay to do 40-60mins of cardio each day as well or is that too much exercise for barely any food?
>>
>>41041391
Do something else, anything. Play a video game, read something, talk to someone, go outside, just do something before it comes closer to happening.
>>
>>41032280
Belly fat is because of your body fat percentage. Unless you're under 15% you won't see any resemblance of abs and they won't be defined until you hit 12%
>>
>>41041592
Are you doing Intermittent fasting? Because you shouldn't be completely fasting like that. If you do fasted cardio that would work, but you should make sure that you fuel yourself moderately after at least.
There's science behind this stuff, if you are starving your body then it is just going to whack out your metabolism and you'll stall.
Do like an 8 hour eating window around noon to 7 and do cardio in the morning or before bed.
I used to do this when I was dropping weight and it worked.
>>
>>41041679
alright thanks
>>
>>41041633
I gotcha man. It's just that like right now (I am student teaching), I get home and am gonna work out but I do my thing before I lift. I should go straight to lifting which I should start doing instead. I just don't have time for reading books or playing vidya anymore.
>>
>>41039650
8"
>>
>>41040122
1. If you're a beginner then that's normal. You gained muscle in place of the fat you lost so you don't look different.
2. 5-8 reps for strength and 8-12 reps for atrophy
>>
>>41040838
You remind me of this bitchy girl I grew up with. Nobody wanted to be around her. I always thought she was a little depressed, but I never thought she was worth my time.
>>
>>41040649
Are you hypoglycemic? I know a few girls who have this problem and they can eat whatever the hell and will never gain an ounce of weight.

Also, get on birth control. My gf told me when she got on bc her tits grew. I've seen pictures of her before she got on it and yeah, they definitely grew.
Maybe take hormones as well I suppose, idk.
I used to date a girl with small tits but she was the worst of the worst (got fatter, butter face, alcoholic, never swallowed, cheated on me twice too). Trust me, there are PLENTY of guys out there who are ass dudes.

>>41040828
Just be into the butt stuff and workout your ass more then.
>>
>>41041988
That, was in response to
>>41040838
>>
>>41041180
Bumping with this
>>
I have a tumour on my leg that's preventing me from doing leg work. I'm doing a PPL but without legs (PPRPPRR).

On pull days I'm supposed to alternate Barbell rows and deadlifts. I'm unable to deadlift, what's can i substitute?
>>
>>41042239
Glute ham raises are your best shot.
>>
File: 1449765641291.jpg (152KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
1449765641291.jpg
152KB, 400x500px
What is the very best program for people on a cut coming off a bulk?
>>
>>41042302
i need a back predominate exercise
>>
>>41042581
Chin ups
>>
File: 51yHQqYBHKL._SX355_.jpg (27KB, 355x345px) Image search: [Google]
51yHQqYBHKL._SX355_.jpg
27KB, 355x345px
Anyone know where I can check the expiration date on these?
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.