[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1430345023814.png (17KB, 467x453px) Image search: [Google]
1430345023814.png
17KB, 467x453px
>Run on treadmill for 30 mins ez
>Decide to run outside since nice weather
>5 min in, get pain in lower back from Satan himself
>Wtf.jpg
>Go to physiotherapist
>"Do more abb and core work anon"
>Do abb/core 2-3 times a week
>5 Weeks later
>No progress

Kill me now /fit/
>>
File: DSCI0103.jpg (220KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
DSCI0103.jpg
220KB, 1024x768px
>>41023963

Sounds like someone needs to do HIIT on a treadmill instead of hard concrete or pavement.

Have you considered a stationary bicycle ?

The Prowler Sled ?

Pick up basketball ?

>you have options, you know.
>>
>>41023963
Should have done your squats and deadlifts fgt.
>>
>>41023982
Need to be able to run 3km/1.8miles in 12 mins for the draft, which is coming up in about 1 year from now. Should've probably added that.

>>41023988
Do you think that squats/deadlifts would fix/help out? I'm average at deadlifting, my squat downright sucks.
>>
>>41024029
Stronger legs and they both work your core like fuck. Don't see a downside here. I did SL a few years back when I started lifting after being basically sedentary and then did c25k and found it a breeze cause all the squats and deads I were doing made it a cinch. Apart from gasping like fuck of course but that's just cardio innit? My legs and core were solid as fuck.

Just don't be retarded and snap your shit up, start light, use good form and you'll be fine.
>>
>>41023963
Run on grass or dirt, concrete isnt natural and has a harder impact on contact with your body, making it harder on your knees, back, etc.
>>
>>41023963
You're not landing on your heels, are you, Anon? If so, enjoy all that pain
>>
>>41024257
How many times a week would you advise doing squats would be appropriate?

>>41024344
Well this isnt really an option, since I dont really get to decide where the draft test is going to take place.

>>41024354
Mid foot, chest up, face forward, slight bend in knees, not over striding.
>>
>>41024393
Follow a good beginner program. 5x5 or 3x5 three times a week is a good place to start.
>>
>>41024756
I have been lifting for about 1.5 - 2 years now, ofcourse not doing everything perfect. Wil switching to 5x5 or 3x5 be worth it?

I feel like doing compounds and not doing aditional core work might have led to the problem i am having now. Strong on bench, deadlift and OHP, but weak on running, pull ups and squats.
>>
>>41023963
>Kill me now

To lazy too even kill you're self.

Not gonna make it
>>
File: 1447546879950.jpg (9KB, 242x242px) Image search: [Google]
1447546879950.jpg
9KB, 242x242px
>>41025487
>you're self.

Yourself*

Not lazy enough to correct yo bitch ass.
>>
just start running outside. My guess would be uneven terrain is causing your weak core and stabilization to get exhausted quickly. You might want to start couch to 5k or whatever level you are at with running outside. I wouldn't bother with isolated weights to strengthen anything, you need to practice using all your muscles together. Its called functional strength.

Never get on a treadmill again, they are the worst, either designed by hitler or the jews, depending on how you feel about hitler.
>>
>>41026893
>functional strength

So 5x5?

Even though i have been hitting the gym for a while now, i still consider myself an absolute rookie. So i dont exactly now what to do.

Also trying to be able to do more than 2/3 pull ups, will 5x5 help with that also? Main thing I want is to pass the draft test with above minimal numbers.

>Would it be beneficial for the discussion if I were to add the weight i lift on Bench/Squat/OHP and height+weight?
>>
>>41026701
>1/3
Also a retard I see.
>>
>>41023963
>Running on treadmill ever
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.