[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who hockey here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Im going to be competing in a training camp for a nearby ECHL team this year (hoping to take the long path to at least the AHL if not NHL), I was wondering if anyone else here has played hockey at a high level? I've obviously played at a high level but nothing this competitive before and am wondering what I should expect/what off-ice training I should be doing?
>>
I played all through university but I'm all beer league now. Do you not already do dry land training or work out?
>>
>>41018995
I played for D3 NCAA team, I lift and do HIIT for dry land, but I have heard ECHL is miles ahead from what Ive seen in D3. I am wanting to train for more explosiveness, Im a pretty small guy (5'9 165lbs) and play rightwing, so I think playing to my strengths and developing better speed would be a good idea.
>>
I played juniors, you got a tough road ahead of you. If you're going to free agent camp just remember no one is your friend there, don't go easy on anyone. If someone makes a mistake, make them pay for it
>>
>ECHL
>wasting years of your life for pennies while everyone else is carving out a career

you better be good enough to make the NHL otherwise you are wasting your time.
>>
>>41019371
not free agent, got invited to training camp
>>41019390
the way I see it is I'm young, I want to give it a shot. If I play 3-4 years and don't make it anywhere then at least I can say I got paid to play a game. I know if I just flat out say fuck it and don't go I will always wonder if I could have made it.
>>
>>41018953
Just do starting strength.

Then when you first plateau, go ask the strength and conditioning coach of the team you wish to play for, what should be your next step.
Add that to ss. Continue.
>>
>>41019390
Don't listen to this guy, he's obviously not for the boys. Play for as long as you can and live the fuckin dream bud. >>41019026
I always cycled for endurance and cardio. Doing sprints and low gear high cadence is great. Like the other anon said keep your head up and try and play out other skaters weaknesses.
>>
>>41019026
A 5'9" guy who played D3 is not gonna make an ECHL team out of training camp. I'm not trying to be a dick, but don't get your hopes up only to be crushed. Have fun though, cause it's a great experience. I played jr A, then 4 years of D1. Only a handful of games though.
>>
>>41019478

you tell him friend kick rocks bud furda
>>
>>41019550
what was D1 like? I feel like I kind of fucked up by choosing to go to a school for their academics rather than the sports.
>>
>>41019648
Frustrating. A lot of politics determining ice time and usage. I don't think you made a mistake choosing academics. Vast majority of guys, myself included, will never sniff the pros, so getting a solid degree is important. Still, like I say enjoy the opportunity, but be prepared with a fallback from whatever level you end up reaching
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.