[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does everyone want to Sabotage me??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 251
Thread images: 25

> work as a nurse in a hospital
> usually always eat healthy
> fat fucking "friends" constantly heckling me about what I am eating. "Must suck to eat healthy all the time"
> finally resort to starving mysyelf until 230pm every day so I can eat alone in fucking peace
> ate with 2 people today
> girl stares at me pulling everything out of my lunch box with devil eyes waiting for me to pull out a jumbo cupcake
> I don't
> asks what my lunch is and if it's healthy because apparently she's so fucking fat she doesn't know what a cucumber is.
> starts on a 15 minute rant about how the chocolate chips she is devouring are from the health food store
> I literally kill myself
>>
>>41018846
find urself a nice gf that eats healthy :)
>>
>women
>>
File: 1491027907898.jpg (10KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
1491027907898.jpg
10KB, 220x220px
I feel all these feels.

Roommate does nothing but talk about how "sad" and "boring" my life is because I eat the same things due to meal prep. Not only that but brings home unhealthy things and taunts me with them.
>>
>>41018901
Probably wallowing in his own self pity because he is too fucking lazy and lacks any real discipline to make a change in his life.
>>
>>41018846
Bro I work on the med/surg floor and these nurses and techs ALWAYS be having potlucks and shit and dont get me started during the holiday season people are bringing cakes on cakes and cupcakes and shit its fuckin way too much and you know I always be catching the housekeepers takin all the food in secrecy when peoplr are done with lunch
>>
File: Super Fat Cat.jpg (47KB, 460x550px) Image search: [Google]
Super Fat Cat.jpg
47KB, 460x550px
>>41018846
>be me, skinnyfat dyel loser 5'10" 190 pounds
>always thinking of the glory days when I was 18 years old and could actually do pullups
>try to do a pullup and my entire life crashes down around me as I realize how far I've left myself go
>find /fit/ and decide to finally turn my life around
>give away all my garbage food to friends and family
>visit mom
>she asks me how I am, tell her I'm fat and useless and trying to improve myself
>she immediately offers to cook me a homemade pizza "like the good old days"
>she's just being friendly and doesn't realize it goes completely against what I've just said
>feel like a bad son because I decline mom's pizza

The short answer is that people do NOT want to see you get fit, especially if you're a woman and surrounded by catty girlfriends, which it sounds like you are. Your success reminds them of their failure, which is a constant state of existence in their fat, miserable lives.

Note that this phenomenon is largely unconscious and this sabotage is usually not done out of a specific, malicious desire to keep you fat - though it sometimes is. People don't understand that offering you a slice of pizza for the 3rd time is not being supportive of you, they only believe they're being friendly and trying to get you to emulate the behavior of the rest of the social group so that THEY feel more comfortable.

Our society has degenerated to such a level that being overweight or even obese has become normalized. This means that an individual trying to achieve a healthy level of fitness is a threat to the social status quo, and must be cut down. Tall poppy syndrome might be applicable here, and this is particularly pronounced around women who will offer you as many M&M's and cupcakes as it takes to ensure that you NEVER become thinner than they are.

Stay the course, anon.
>>
>>41018921
>bringing cakes on cakes and cupcakes and shit its fuckin way too much

Happened to me constantly where I used to work. The social pressure is immense and I feel like this is one of the primary reasons people cannot change their eating habits.
>>
if this isn't the harsh fucking truth. "Hey did you resist all the desserts in there"
Me looking on with a confused fucking look like it was an option to stuff my fat fucking face with cupcakes and pie....."yes I did"
I die inside.
"Good for you"
Anon, my favorite is when I walk in the break room and someone is in there along stuffing their face and they say something along the lines of "this isn't even good," throw the rest away, and run out.
>>
>>41018915
literally this; it's amazing how often they just talk shit because they feel guilty
>>
I also work in a hospital and while the cafeteria has a considerable selection of good food to eat, the cheapest is junk food.

And can confirm there was just a free bbq today and I get offered pizza from papa John's once a month among many other sweets and treats. You think a hospital wouldn't be such a fat farm
>>
Women are the goddamn worst thing for other women trying to diet

>girl friend goes to lunch with barrel of anxiety friend that's fallen for literally every Tumblr meme
>Tumblrpal has put on maybe 60lb in two years
>Tumblrpal: 'I want to eat healthier'
>girlfriend starts to show her my fitness pal
>mentions 1200cal goal
>tumblrpal basically gasps 'I don't think that's healthy and I don't want to reinforce your body dismorphia'
>gfwat.jpg
>Tumblrpal starts talking about how the app would be good for tracking some meme shit diet she's trying to do for her anxiety where you can't eat basically anything good.

Fat women are the most retarded vindictive trash.
>>
File: dvwbpke.jpg (162KB, 840x1024px) Image search: [Google]
dvwbpke.jpg
162KB, 840x1024px
>>41018973
>Anon, my favorite is when I walk in the break room and someone is in there along stuffing their face and they say something along the lines of "this isn't even good," throw the rest away, and run out.

>I was only pretending to enjoy my fat indulgence!
>>
>>41019003
>barrel of anxiety friend

lmao

>Women are the goddamn worst thing for other women trying to diet

Their friends getting skinnier and therefore more attractive than them is something they cannot allow to happen
>>
>>41018921
> bro
I'm a femanon. Women are still the fucking worst about this shit though. I get chastised for not going to the cafeteria to get lattes and cookies. So backwards.
>>
>>41018846

sounds like you need a bf (me)
>>
File: d0f92127583427.563676eb7d5fd.jpg (385KB, 561x790px) Image search: [Google]
d0f92127583427.563676eb7d5fd.jpg
385KB, 561x790px
>>41018846
Look up and read "All Summer in a Day" by Ray Bradbury, it's the same kind of cruel mob mentality that insists on no one having anything the pathetic, self-loathing masses can't, and they'll do anything to punish and humiliate those that so much as think of reminding them of their misery. As a bonus, that story will make you so mad at the kind of subhuman drones that do that kind of shit, you'll be guananteed to cunt punt the next bitch that tries to pull it on you.
>>
>not making fun of your fat coworkers

It must suck working with women.
>>
>>41019035
> be me, message comes to god forsaken Ascom phone
> snacks in the break room everyone
> wave of people racing to the door
> acting like they needed to check their mailbox.
> cuts a bagel into 643 pieces since they only want "a little bite"
> all the food in cut up and mutilated into literal garbage.
>>
>>41019089
>not making fun of your fat coworkers
Why? I do
>>
>>41019078
Thanks for the recommendation anon I'll check it out. Might put me over the edge though.
>>
>>41019078
>"All Summer in a Day" by Ray Bradbury,

For anyone interested, it's only a few pages - http://www.btboces.org/Downloads/6_All%20Summer%20in%20a%20Day%20by%20Ray%20Bradbury.pdf
>>
>>41019003
THIS!!!!!
Oh that sounds miserable I don't want to diet.
What is miserable is your fat fucking ass pretending to stand up for body acceptance when we all know that's complete degenerate bullshit.
>>
>>41019069
>(me)
So specific.
>>
File: 1476066811919.jpg (126KB, 742x828px) Image search: [Google]
1476066811919.jpg
126KB, 742x828px
>>41019060
I'm the shitty roommate having anon, who is also fem and let me tell you - I switched jobs a couple months ago. My new coworkers are much more /fit/ than my old and the snacking at work thing has changed drastically.

When the notion of a potluck comes up they actually MAKE SURE that someone brings some healthy options. It's a breath of fresh air.

>TLDR: look for a new job with /fit/ bros; or at least less hamplanets
>>
>>41019168
Lmao
My coworkers MAKE SURE to theme it something unhealthy and degenerate. I just bring my lunch and eat after everyone has stuffed their face with trash.
>>
>girl in my grad cohort
>5'2" and 110lbs
>all she eats is candy, pizza rolls, and I don't even know what else
>doesn't exercise at all
I cannot even comprehend how she stays so tiny
>>
>>41018985
>you would think a hospital wouldn't be such a fat farm
People were in an outrage when they took the candy bars from the vending machines and replaced it with a better option.
>>
>>41019287
She'll go into hamplanet low orbit soon enough, anon. A shame, but the body can only withstand the caloric, sugary assault for so long.

I'm guessing she's probably in her early 20's or so and her body is still able to handle it. Girls tend to bloat out past 25 or so if they don't eat reasonably well.
>>
>>41019287
> cannot comprehend how she stays so tiny

Genetic outlier.
Probably hates herself just as much as the next obese person. It's torturous at either exteme. She is "skinny fat"
>>
>>41019287

Garuntee she may be 110lbs but is already developing lunch lady arm.

Clock strikes 30 and that shit is gonna be like the remains of the Chernobyl reactor.
>>
>>41018846
When I was a desperate poorfag and worked retail I had a hambeast manager that would comment on how I always ate meat for lunch, and also made a big deal out of it when I was eating a protein bar one day. "Oh, anon, I thought you always ate meat for lunch hurr." Although, since meat and jerky are also hamplanet foods I don't know if it was because I was the thinnest guy in the store vs her 40 year old retail assistant manager obesity, or if it was just her being an obnoxious moron who thinks "teasing" people who just want to go about their day is good socializing. At the very least, people like that work retail jobs into middle age for a reason.

Also, we had cake and shitty subs in the breakroom at least twice a week and I would regularily have other people asking me if I'd had any yet throughout the day. It was mildly grating, but that might just be autism.
>>
Oh shit forgot to mention she has been eating granola bars and bringing a small ziploc bag of peanuts to class so I guess she's eating slightly better or at least adding in more variety.

>>41019311
She is 22, yes.

>>41019315
>Genetic outlier
Likely so. I figure she may be eating small portions of said materials but bad foods are going to be high in calories. She is definitely not skinnyfat though. She is insanely petite.

>>41019318
Nah she is a tiny thing but I can easily see her gaining the chubby arms eventually if she keeps this up. Maybe she'll divert into a healthier diet at some point.
>>
>>41018939
> skinnyFat dyel loser
You aren't a dyel loser if you are trying to change. Stay the course anon and tell that mom of yours no more pizza and that you wanna cook her a nice healthy meal! She will love her son more than ever.
>>
>>41019342
> she is definitely not skinnyfat
"Skinnyfat" someone who eats complete garbage at all times but by the grace of their genetic makeup or metabolism somehow manage to stay thin.
Skinnyfat.
>>
>>41019385
I always saw skinnyfat defined as not physically fat/chubby or thin (but like 'skinny with a gut' type of deal, you know like the majority of 'thin' girls).

Fair enough though.
>>
>>41019385
>>41019400

Being at minimum overweight has become so normalized that it's quite outstanding when we see someone who is at a healthy, or God forbid a physically fit weight level.

In a way, this should motivate /fit/ even more to actually meet their goals because it'll not only empower your own sense of value, but also give you an even bigger edge in virtually every social interaction you'll ever have, not just with the opposite sex.
>>
my friends/classmates/college students always want to eat fucking fast food when they get hungry and we are hanging out, it's fucking annoying and i have to tell them like ten times that i don't fucking enjoy it. "bro but subway this subway that" STFUUUU I WANT REAL FOOD
>>
>on a 10 day fast
>day 2 boss brings in donuts
>day 3 somebody buys artichoke+spinach pizza (my favourite)
>day 4 somebody literally has a fucking slow cooker with corned beef and cabbage cooking, entire store smells like delicious corned beef
i have literally never seen anybody so much as leave expired bread out for people to eat, it just so happens that people get donuts, pizza, and a roast on consecutive days after they find out that I'm doing a fast

>hurr dont u kno its bad 4 u
t. obese female coworker x6
i dont understand why people who are obese feel like they are an authority on diet and exercise
>>
File: butterfinger.jpg (5KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
butterfinger.jpg
5KB, 200x200px
>>41019710
>tfw you remind anon about his body entering starvation mode
>>
>>41018939
>skinnyfat
you are not
>>
>>41018846
don't brag or talk about eating healthy, when people offer you shitty foods like cake just tell them you already ate

not that hard m8 i never have this problem.
>>
>>41019359
Thanks for the kind words, cutie.

>>41019739
I am. May or may not have mild gyno and I can grab a substantial gut if I allow it to hang out. My body jiggles like a fridge made of jell-o when I jog. Would really like to lose about 15 pounds and see how my body feels then.
>>
>>41019744
>don't brag or talk about eating healthy

This misses the point of the OP and what's been discussed. This is about people eating healthy and their peers pressuring them to join the fun in pizza, cupcakes, etc, and continuing to do so long after you've politely declined..
>>
>>41018846
>Practicing to go to amateur powerlifting meets.
>putting in hours fine tuning form and making noob gains
>Coworkers making comments about me being steroids

Not sure if it's the asperger's kicking in but that shit pisses me off to no end. Disregards the effort I put in to myself to help boost their pitiful egos.
>>
>>41019805
>steroids

This is such a ubiquitous meme that people spout off. Where does it come from? Why is the "oh you must be on the 'ROIDS" joke heard so often?
>>
>>41019116
Fucking rage. This sums it up so well.

I'll be doing back tonight and every rep will be tearing Margot's closet doors off.
>>
>>41019832
I think it's to make up for the fact that they hate that someone is making an improvement. Slight digs to help them feel better about themselves. Crabs in a bucket and all that.
>>
>>41018846

I deliver pizza in Kentucky. Among a whole ocean of landwhales, nurses from nearby hospitals will order from us.

These are the absolute dirt worst people to have ever graduated from college, they are invariably fatter than the queen of sea cows, they are usually pissy about something (I am going to lose my shit the next time someone expects cups to magically come with their 2 liter when they don't specifically ask for some when they order), and they are clearly good for nothing but clerical work, 90% of which wouldn't exist if it weren't for bullshit regulations. One that stands out is the fat bitch that needs a walker to support her fat ass.

Fuck nurses. Just a bunch of obese, cunt, government leeches.
>>
>>41019003

In fairness, 1200 calories is not what a physically or mentally healthy person eats.

>>41019448

>BMI

BMI is a meme, and there have been studies that show people who are "Overweight" according to BMI die at a slower rate than people in the "Normal" BMI category.

I was an utter twig at 5'10'' and 150 lbs, right in the middle of "normal" range. I was a D1 rugby player at 5'10'' and 220 lbs, technically "obese." BMI is utterly useless for anyone who actually lifts, and actually LIFTING is more important to your health in terms of both physical usefulness and survival than BMI hogshit.
>>
>>41018846
>always junk food on the desk for anyone to take because people are always bringing it in
>bought a load on a whim a few days ago as went shopping when hungry (chocolate mostly), not going to eat it so I'm going to take it in today
>probably a good 4000 cals of stuff between the 6 or 7 people who actually eat it

Try to make me fat you fuckers, I'll make you fat instead
>>
>>41018846
Lol why even be near them. If I were you I would put on headphones listen to music and go ignore mode on their ass. Honestly unhealthy people are like junk food you do everything to ignore it and pretend it does not exist.
>>
>>41018901
Jokes on him he will die at 35 and have a heart attack.
>>
>>41018921
Hospitals are really shitty especially office jobs. All they do is sit around and barely move.
>>
>>41018921
Hospitals are really shitty especially office jobs. All they do is sit around and barely move. It also sucks for High school because you either have to take what your parents give you or have school options to be a fat miserable fuck.
>>
>>41018901
Jokes on him, you'll be Chadding his oneitis while he plots his eve spreadsheets
>>
>>41018901
Just remind him how pathetic his life is because he doesn't have an ounce of self control.
>>
>>41019060
Why even have them as your freinds if all they are going to do is talk shit about your life choices. I know it's tough for ladies but come on if you are able to cut out the junk food from ruining your health certainly you can cut out the people who give you crap for trying to become a better person.

I had to make a decision like that long ago and I do not regret it.

You are the company you keep ladies. Remember that.
>>
File: 1486592249308.jpg (500KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1486592249308.jpg
500KB, 1080x1080px
>>41019168
Damn straight someone gets it here in this thread.
>>
>>41019287
We call this a fast metabolism this usually happens when you are younger and able to process food really well. But trust me when you get older even for men and women it catches up quickly.
>>
>>41019288
Sounds like high school in California when kids were throwing a temper tantrum for taxing soda.
>>
>>41019710
>i dont understand why people who are obese feel like they are an authority on diet and exercise

Funny thing is, when I was obese I actually was an expert (at least compared to normies) about exercise and diet. I studied it for months because I wanted to lose weight "some day" and wanted to do it right. I just didn't have the motivation to actually go through with any of the advice I read.

Then one day my attitude changed and I got motivation and lost 70lbs via a variety of methods. Ultimately the method doesn't matter as much as your willingness to stick to it for months at a time.
>>
I work around teachers and the fucking dumb shit I hear from everyone except two of my coworkers who I go to the gym with constantly.

>this shit is too hard to keep track of
>well you see anon I am just spending so much time planning that I don't have time
>I don't like the atmosphere of the gym it's "toxic"

Bitch I run my own fucking department, planned and built everything from scratch as a beginning teacher, stay and help all my students all the time while you run out the door to go chow down on some fucking cupcakes or other fatass shit.

Fuck off.

Honestly being a teacher has made me hate other teachers.
>>
>start working at engineering firm
>At first eat lunch with everybody, they order hot sandwiches from a fast food place
>Its basically pizza dough filled with some meat, lots of mayo and some veggies
>Get sick of it after 2 weeks
>Find out there is a worker-restaurant 2 mins walking away, great warm meals full of protein and veggies for cheap price
>Tell them all about it
>they don't feel like walking
>Its been a year now, every single day its the same dough filled with mayo and pepperoni. They keep on eating it
>Sometimes they get bored of it so they order pizza
I go to the restaurant every day with 1-2 people ,but im missing out on some important lunch networking with 80% of the people
And believe me bringing a meal in Tupperware to the place where fast food is the king is far worse than just eating at some other place..

To be fair they are all married 30-50 years old and stuck in this job, they probably don't care any more
>>
>>41019342
>Granola bars
>Peanuts

Let me tell you about Protein bars and Granola all of them are stuffed with over 5 tablespoons of sugar that cause you to eat more than usual. Peanuts are v alright but almonds are the better choice.
>>
>>41019287
>>41019311
>>41019315
>>41019318

Holy shit this is what feels like to browse fit at night. Do any of you EU fags get decent educations? Her genetics doesnt make her skinny the same way genetics dont make people fat. She probably eats junk food but only eats once a day

Calories in, calories out you retards. And again, no its muh genetics either.
>>
>>41020228
If they're a tiny woman I can see how 1200 calories might be all they need/want.
>>
>>41020501
shit you don't know many people then.

My oldest childhood friend eats 1 kg of white bread almost every day, with cheese, processed meat, and butter.
For lunch he usually devours a fuckton of bacon/cheese/pasta abomination, about one and a half times as much of what would make me vomit. After 3 hours he says he's hungry.

The dude has abs, and can barely gain weight.

It probably goes right through him or i don't know.

Might not be genetic, but this is definitely a thing.
>>
>>41020501
To be fair I only knew one person in my entire life that had a fast metabolism I witnessed him for 30 days ordering a lot of meals and never being able to get fat. It happens but it's rare.
>>
>>41019287

This sounds like me in highschool desu. I used to think I had a fast metabolism cause I could eat whatever I wanted.looking back I only ate like 1 or 2 meals a day, walked home from school, and walked around town to hang out with my friends. And my portions would be like, a handful of chips here, and a couple cookies there, combined with me just eating lunch or dinner, didn't add up too much on a normal day. And in a restaurant I could destroy a huge fucking meal and look like I did it all the time (though i wouldn't cause I'd be a fucking planet).

She probably unknowingly burns the calories and or eats her maintenance in garbage, or or only eats that kind of thing in front of others. Its not that big of a mystery Anon

Sorry for the blog post
>>
File: 1438672006561.gif (2MB, 300x159px) Image search: [Google]
1438672006561.gif
2MB, 300x159px
>>41018956
>where I used to work. The social pressure is immense
Yes, when you start bringing your homemade meals you catch the whole attention for at least 5mins
every single day.
You get this with
>you are okay now, you can stop dieting
>I don't need to eat ealthy

>>41018939
>Tall poppy syndrome
I remember when I was a child I used to be taller than anyone.
Other kids and often fucking grown ass people would fuck with me, even though I performed well in class.
>hurr you're tall so ur a tard
Often the kids would team up against me.
As a result I felt inadequate being tall and felt like shit all the time.
>only 6'5 now
>>
>>41020546
>>41020564

The retardation is too much. Cant get away from it even on a fitness related board. Keep believing in your muh genetics and metabolism pseudoscience bullshit. Fat people are also fat because they have slow metabolisms and its in their genes that theyre fat too right?

Isnt higher education free in EU? So how can you still be so dumb and believe in your anecdotes of "my oldest mate eats a lot and is skinny therefore metabolism and genetics".
>>
>>41020546
No it isnt.CICO rules all.Unless this person is breaking thermodynamics 1st law.Which means he should be studied to solve the worlds energy problems.
>>
>>41018846
I work as an RN in a major emergency department at night. I know the feeling. Bitches always ordering Insomnia Cookies and shit.
>>
>>41020691
>>41020501
holy shit shut the fuck up you dunning kruger retard

>>41020546
>>41020564
TDEE is partially determined by genetics, there's no debating that. People's bodies are different, no matter what the sperging faggot will have you believe. Calories in/calories out is true, but some people just flat out burn more calories. Obviously, no matter what your TDEE is, you can still eat below it, obviously genetics can't make you fat. But it can make it harder or easier to gain or lose weight. Though probably 95% of the fatties who bitch about genetics are well within a normal range of passive calorie burn.
>>
>>41020691
I didn't say anything about metabolism and genetics you retarded fuck. I said that something might be wrong with his digestive system.
This dude was my roommate for months, and the fact that you read the sticky won't make you an expert on the subject.
>>41020707
physics=/=biology.
>>
>>41018846
Fat people tend to heat thin healthy people, what a surprise. It's the same reason why poor lazy retards hating rich people.
>>
>>41018939
It's nothing if you ate bad once a week. I was fat too, I eat one day in the week the most unhealthy shit I can find, helps me with staying lean, psychologically.
>>
>Work as a nurse in a long term care facility
>Was 370lbs @ 6'0
>Other nurses would mostly ignore me
>Have a revelation and start dieting and lifting/cardio
>Go from 370 to 220 in 7 months
>Girls went from ignoring me, to encouraging me, to jealous of me, to tempting me with food they order
>One girl was particularly vicious up till recently
>Had health screening at work for a discount on our health insurance, they calculate BMI
>She is shocked that she has a higher BMI than me, all I say is "Well all that take out food was worth it, right?"

Just had a mango and i'm feeling real good right now.
>>
>>41020771
you're still incredibly fat, keep going though
>>
>>41020648

>Tall poppy syndrome
>I remember when I was a child I used to be taller >than anyone.
>Other kids and often fucking grown ass people >would fuck with me, even though I performed >well in class.

Dude, tall poppy syndrome isn't getting picked on because you're literally tall. Are you retarded?
>>
>>41020790
I know, i'm keeping at it.
>>
>mention to my dad that I've been keeping a food diary and I've lost 5kg in the last week.
>he instantly suggests the idea of going to the pub to get a burger and a pint for dinner.
>>
>>41020812
>Not eating the burger and leaving the bun
>>
>>41018846
Ignore them. There's literally no better thing to do in these cases than to deny any form of attention to these people. Just nod or answer with single words and they'll stop bothering you
>>
>>41019785

don't umm and ahhh like a beta cuck it wont be a problem

my work has the same thing

endless supply of chocolate and sweets

> anon come have some! it's so good!

> nah thanks not really up for it at the moment

> oh ok
>>
>>41020501
Thank you for not being fucking retarded
>>
>6'3" recovering skelly
>eat whatever I want and tons of it
>lift
>look better every day
>never go outside so no one notices
>work is with new people every day
>>
File: 1483943575370.gif (415KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
1483943575370.gif
415KB, 480x238px
>>41020794 (you)
>>
>"I'm trying a vegetarian diet!"
>is if for the animals?
>where are you getting your protein?
>do you eat fish?
>we're going to KFC want anything?

So many stupid fucking questions when I just wanted to control myself from eating junk food. Why the fuck so many people are worried about protein is stupid when I'm just cutting pounds.
>>
>get invited to party
>drink small beer
>say i dont drink
>cmon anon, lets drink

jeez
my father died to heavy alcohol poisoning because he lost control over his life with this shit.

What makes you think same thing wont happen to me.
Worst shit is seeing my brother being clearly addicted as well, but theres no helping to such people. Outside do not matter in alcoholism
>>
>>41020771
Keep it up you are doing really well. Just make sure to skip sugar and carbs. If you crave something sweet just have fruit.
>>
>>41021163
Mangos and honeydew apples are my new sweet snack. Mostly I try and remove joy from eating as much as I can and just try and think of it as something I gotta do.
>>
>>41021121
Just ignore them and give excuses. Honestly they do leave you alone if you say you are currently busy etc.
>>
>>41018939
preach, brah
>>
>>41019060
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>Member of the family said I gained a lot of wieght
>No one had ever called me fat before
>Immedietly come to /fit/ and start dieting
>WOOW anon you lost so much weight what kind of diet you doing
>Not eating crisps and smoking cigarettes all day
>WOOWO my pleassurs in life I'm not gonna do that
>See her later stuffing her face talking about losing weight
>>
>>41020794
Well, I mean, it could be.
>>
>>41019449
Is Subway unhealthy? We don't have it it my country, but we have an equivalent franchise and it's all right. Just get whole grain bread and no mayo and it's ok.
>>
>>41021378
Subway is pumped full of bleached shit, sugars, chemicals that are banned in Europe and soy
>>
The solution is to say that you CANT eat sugar.
Say that you have really bad allergies and foods that arnt prepared very specifically in the way that you have to eat can make you very sick.

People will shut up about trying to get you to indulge when they think it will have immediate health risks. It's ironic because no one bats an eye at the knowledge that they're slowly killing themselves by eating like pigs.
>>
File: bigpapi.jpg (2MB, 3300x2560px) Image search: [Google]
bigpapi.jpg
2MB, 3300x2560px
>>41019805
>>41019832
>>41020078
Anyone that's athletically superior is constantly being accused of steroids.

David Ortiz is a dumpy fatass but can hit the fuck out of a baseball.

People accuse him of being on steroids because they have no idea how steroids work.
>>
>>41020158
Fellow Kentuckyfag here, come to Etown and lift brah.
>>
>>41018846
On my last bulk I used to take a huge tub of pasta or rice with meat,veggies, eggs and seeds to work for lunch.
Colleagues used to see it and comment in astonishment on how 'healthily' I ate.
>tfw if any of those sedentary old fucks ate my 'healthy' lunch they would get fat but I just got /fit/
>>
>>41021110
>"I'm trying a vegetarian diet!"
Keep that shit to yourself then faggot.
>>
>>41018846
>fat fucking "friends" constantly heckling me about what I am eating. "Must suck to eat healthy all the time"

please tell me you responded with
>must suck to be fat all the time
>>
Why do I always sabotage myself?
>>
>>41020546
Fuck right off with your delusional bullshit.
>>
>>41021192
I love mango to death but an averaged size one has ~150 calories. Depending on how you cut, you man want to have them sparsely.
>>
>>41020564
Bullshit
>>
>>41020737
Bullshit
>>
>>41018939
My ex used to attempt to guilt trip me into drinking beverages that were above 400-800 calories worth of shite.

Same with food - sometimes it literally is malicious.
>>
>>41018846
>"Must suck to be a fucking lardass all the time"
here,done
>>
>>41019060

Well women are psychopaths on average, you should know that since you're forced to be around them all the time.
>>
>>41021670
It's not called "psychopathic behavior", it's called "antisocial personality disorder". These are people with no conscious, who feel no remorse for ruining someone's life. They are often emotionally manipulative, mentally unstable, prone to fits of rage, often abusive of weaker individuals...

Yeah, actually fits the bill rather well.
>>
>>41018901
I dont understand how people think youre missing out on life when you eat healthy, it may be true on vacation or something but cmon, how is your shitty fast food going to enrich your life. My broscience lifting since 5years cant even bench 135 father who just refuses to join invwith my diet but still whines about being fat
>>
>>41020546
>>41019315

Did i waddle into /fat/?
>>
>>41020737

physics doesn't apply to the study of life? Do living things sometimes float away because physics wasn't working?
>>
File: 1481998981876.png (335KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1481998981876.png
335KB, 633x758px
>>41019116
>>
>>41019287
My best friend is like this. She has the palate of a child, picks at meals instead of finishing them and struggles to go up too many stairs. Her mom is probably 60lbs overweight though and I've been told that she used to be as thin as her daughter... It's only a matter of time
>>
File: 1461844846892.png (53KB, 571x618px) Image search: [Google]
1461844846892.png
53KB, 571x618px
>>41020737
wow physics doesn't apply to biology? That's crazy shit nigga, where'd you find that one out?
>>
>>41021692
As someone who's been diagnosed with ASPD, I take offense to being compared to women.
>>
>>41020737
>>41020732
>>41020707

Fuck me does no one have a sense of nuance around here, stop being so black and white cunts
>>
File: 1344176901527.jpg (578KB, 3840x2400px) Image search: [Google]
1344176901527.jpg
578KB, 3840x2400px
>>41018846
This is basic human psychology. Nobody wants to be left behind. That is a fundamental, strong drive. When you make better decisions and those good choices build over time, you definitely leave most people behind. Therefore, they try everything they can to drag you back down.

Other examples include:
>gf: "baby you don't have to go to the gym. I just want you to spend time with ME."
>friend: "I'm proud of my small suburban hometown with no job opportunities, it's sad that you aren't. Why would you want to leave your hometown?"
>friend: "what so you don't smoke weed anymore? you're too good for us? you don't drink? wow i guess anon just thinks he's way too good for us"
>employer: "you want to go to school for a master's degree? but you already make 70k/year, don't you like your job? We'll do anything to make you more comfortable here"

All of these examples prove that people drag you down to their level far sooner than they will boost you to the next level of self improvement, because all of these people strongly fear that YOU WILL LEAVE.

It's futile to fight human nature, so instead of denying the fear of being left behind, you should make that instinct work for you. That's why it's important to identify mature people and become friends with them, and start a mutual contract to improve yourselves together. That way, if you don't improve yourself it will be YOU who fears the other person leaving. Therefore, you'll be driven to improve yourself.
>>
>>41018921
>>41018956
i wish americans could find a small gift or gesture to exchange besides food

americans only use food as a social gesture. do other cultures do the same?
>>
>>41019710
> I don't understand why people who see obese feel like they are an authority on diet and exercise
Fuck me, this is so true. Please don't tell me what's good and. Ad for me as your above your fat fucming face with a foot long pizza sub.
>>
>>41019744
> don't brag or talk about eating healthy.
OP here. I never do that ever unless I am specifically asked. Intentionally avoid it. Then I'm vague so I don't have to listen to their bullshit.
>>
>>41020266
> try to make me fat you fuckers I'll make you fat instead.
Lmao.
>>
>>41020356
> lol why even be near them
> I stave myself until 230 pm to eat lunch alone in fucking peace
I try my best. Doesn't work 100% of the time. Especially when they fucking order out. In fact I have had people offer to PAY for a fucking take out meal if I'll just order one.
My god, fuck off.
>>
>>41020438
>why even have them as your friends
"Friends" from my OP. They are not my friends. They are work acquaintances. Doesn't make them any less annoying. My few real friends from work don't heckle me because I tell them to shit their fucking mouth.
>>
>>41020851
>just nod or answer with single words and they will stop bothering you.
This is what I do. I work with over 100 nurses. Always someone heckling me.
>>
>>410206
>the retardation is too much.
My husband eats fast food bullshit on a constant basis, fucking pints of ice cream and cookies at night. He eats at a caloric level way above his Tdee. He does not gain weight. Not one pound. There ARE outliers out there. I realize it's not the norm. Some people have a hard time gaining weight.
>>
>>41018921
I hope you're the fucking janitor by the way you type. What a stupid nigger.
>>
>>41020771
smug comment, i like it, make them feel bad whenever you can
>>
>>41019116
I remember reading this story in middle school it's pretty fucking heartbreaking.
>>
>>41020771
>Girls went from ignoring me, to encouraging me, to jealous of me, to tempting me with food they order

Great job, anon. The satisfaction of seeing your porky colleagues look at you with jealousy in their glazed over eyes might be one of the smuggest rewards of your discipline. Keep it up!
>>
File: 1470910862939.jpg (32KB, 412x430px) Image search: [Google]
1470910862939.jpg
32KB, 412x430px
>>41021249
>>WOOWO my pleassurs in life I'm not gonna do that
>>See her later stuffing her face talking about losing weight

This is the worst part of it all, and people seem to work themselves up into a feel-good frenzy when they get into a small group and they all feel this way, which they often do. "Ohhh gurl you KNOW I can't give up muh bacon maple donuts, no matter WHAT!" and they feel like this is a grand proclamation of power over their lives.

When pleasure is a virtue and temperance is a vice, it leads to a fat society that celebrates its own dysfunction.
>>
File: 1469297027011.gif (2MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1469297027011.gif
2MB, 250x250px
>>41022138
>That's why it's important to identify mature people and become friends with them, and start a mutual contract to improve yourselves together.

This. You truly are the company you keep. A shame it's so difficult to find individuals like this, not to mention being one yourself.
>>
>>41018846
>eat with fatties
>purposedly eat a double portion junkfood, wash it down with coke and eat a Mars afterwards, mark in my head to train it off by doubling my run
>enjoy fatties glaring at you hatefully or complaining about how unfair it is that i am thin

one of my greatest joys in life
>>
File: 1487871798738.png (852KB, 1255x4381px) Image search: [Google]
1487871798738.png
852KB, 1255x4381px
>>
THIS IS WHY you get Chad and Stacy for friends. They probably workout and will understand why your eating healthy. They won't put you down for it and they will even be supportive in your fitness journey to bring swole.

Source: friends with some
>>
>>41022676
>not even the galaxy can contain your mass
KEK
>>
I lost a lot of weight and I catch the most shit from skinny people, funnily enough.
>went from 140lbs to 119lbs
>"You're so skinny anon, how do you eat so much?"
>"Here, anon, eat a little bit more food. We don't need you getting any skinnier"
>bitch no
>mfw people don't understand the concept of calorie counting
>>
>>41022710

*To become swole
>>
>>41019327
When they ask you if you had some it was probably a conversation starter
>>
File: 1470467187877.jpg (57KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1470467187877.jpg
57KB, 600x800px
>>41018846

kek I have a similar thing.

>Guy always bleating on at me about my food being bland
>He eats a ham sandwich for his dinner every fucking day.
>Just bread, butter and ham
>Follows that with a coke, some crisps and a chocolate bar
>I've taken everything from chicken and avocado quesadillas to homemade lasagna to homemade curry for my dinner
>lectures me about eating boring rabbit food all the time

mfw

mfw
>>
>>41022391
That means his TDEE is more than you think or he's eating less than you think fucking retard
>>
>>41019003
A 1200cal is literally retarded though, it's a crash diet unless you have extreme willpower. She is right if for the wrong reason.
>>
>>41023001
1200 calories are literally maintenance for a thin girl with a sedentary to mild exercise lifestyle. I lost 20lbs from eating that much and am still maintaining. My willpower is shit. So, no, it's not a "crash diet".
>>
>>41022391
You know what, you're right. Your husband does in fact defy the laws of nature! Why didn't I think of it that way before.
>>
>>41020723
The worst is when the charge nurse brings candy like we're a bunch of children.
>>
>>41023135
What is your height and goal weight senpai.
>>
>>41018901
Just remind him that if the value of his life is based on what he eats, he should go to a therapist.
>>
>>41022828
I don't know what it is about people. Maybe it's the lack of sugar in your meal.

I grill a batch of meat every week and rub it down with the appropriate spices, and I still catch shit for eating "bland" food, as if a Twix bar should be the highlight of an adult's dinner.

(Twix are pretty good though.)
>>
>>41023344
How do you keep the meat fresh senpai?
>>
>>41019342

Save her and fuck her. Make her yours.
>>
>>41023220
> your husband does in fact defy the laws of nature.
Literally fuck your own face.
Your probably right, his TDEE must be 6300 calories. I'm a fucktard.
>>
>>41023555
I already want to do something like that but she's in a relationship, with a fuccboi who cheated on her early on nonetheless. I'm hoping she one day develops self-esteem so she can date somebody who respects her (fat chance of that happening, women amirite?)
>>
>>41023237
> brings in candy like we're a bunch of children
Or the manager comes around with a candy bowl since we got a good survery.
Literally fuck the healthcare industry.
>>
Wanted to make a similar thread
>at home
>parents know im eating healthy
>mom makes me 'healthy food'
>salad:
>1 part salad, 2 parts dressing
>dressing is 50/50 mayonnaise and condensed milk with traces of other things
>pumpkin:
>about 50% brown sugar (she used brown sugar because its healthy)
>sweet potatoes:
>same as pumpkin
>some low fat or carb pastry thing that would be ok, but she deepfries it
>rice:
>about a pound of butter melted into it so that its sickly buttery
>vegetables:
>crumbed + deep fried
>cant understand why im eating such small portions

And the continual taunting with food
from 7h00 the morning my dad starts with
>what are you going to eat for breakfast, what are you going to eat for lunch
>eat another plate anon, youve only had seconds
>im going to make some [insert tasty but high calory food]
>you want some? no, ok
>here anon, i made you some anyway, il just leave them here
God damn it the temptation is bad

Every time we go into town (im on a farm)
>what are you going to eat
>lets get KFC
>do you want some KFC
>how about mcdonalds
>how about we get a pie from the bakery and just eat that
>what are you going to drink anon? nvmind, i got us 6 cokes
>here, taste how good this is
Its like they go into town just to eat from every store there is

Best one was my mom
>heres a FUCKING BOX of chocolate bars
>48 bars
>me and your dad also got one
>3 days later dont want to keep it near me since its my favorite chocolate and im going to eat all of it
>go to hide it deep in the pantry
>no anon, keep it in your room you dad already finished his and he will eat your too if he finds it
>so im sitting with a box of my favorite chocolates next to me while cutting

started drinking water instead of soda/alchohol with dinner, they cant understand
>keep mocking me for drinking water
>pour me a glass of wine anyway and put it at my plate
>ill drink 1 glass a day, but every time my parents pour a glass they fill mine back up, and they go through 4 per meal
>>
>>41023667
How do you even manage to eat with the room your parents must fill up?
>>
>>41018846
>people commenting and going on rants about your meal
never happens to me. stop hanging out with retards OP
>>
>>41018939
>5'10" 190 pounds
>skinnyfat
doubt.jpeg
>>
>>41023667
throw the box of chocolate away, you never know when a moment of weakness will strike.
>>
>>41019053
>Their friends getting skinnier and therefore more attractive than them is something they cannot allow to happen
of course, sabotaging other people is easier than improving yourself

>>41023135
yeah but that's the kind of thin girl you don't want to date because she's not actually fit/healthy.
>>
>>41023638
Your husband does not eat 6,300 kilocalories per day.
>>
>be a kid
>eat like a typical kid - always want tasty snacks etc
>mum tries to get me to eat healthy like a good mum should
>later become /fit/
>eating in a controlled way as well as a healthy way
>mum seems to think eating lean meat, veg, fruits, eggs, nuts, fish etc is unhealthy and i "need some real food" in me whci translates to cakes and carby shit
>>
>>41020417
fuck you, eve is goat
>>
>>41023880
It was a gross exaggeration.
>>
File: 1488407410168.jpg (9KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
1488407410168.jpg
9KB, 224x225px
>>41020812
>lost 5kg in the last week
lmao kill yourself oh wait you already are
>>
>>41018846
How do you think they will react when you reach your fitness goals and they're still porky?
>>
>>41018901
Beat his fat ass
>>
>>41023652

I feel ya bro. I used to crush on a lesbian, everyone said we had great chemistry. Then my current gf developed a crush on me, we hung out really often, and then she just put me on the spot with a "are these dates?"

Closest I've ever been to real life anime dialogue.
>>
Jesus christ, you fucking fag can have one bad meal every once in a while, just dont fucking stuff your fatface with 6 slices of pizza, eat only one and say youre satisfied because you ate something before or whatever

Id hate to be with you fedora posters probably complaining about how I am not eating healthy enough despite only a few months ago you eat nothing but sodas and hotpockets
>>
See this thread >>41024521
>>
>>41020794
Look how new this guy is.

>Hey buddy, your text will stay green until you insert a return. You don't have to add more less than signs to keep the text green over multiple lines.

Dont worry about it.
Im here for you.
>>
>>41018901
this shit is so fucking stupid

most people don't even enjoy what they eat. if you eat delicious food all the time, it will soon become mundane. best thing to do is adjust to a diet that is going to do good things for you and plain sail it.

why the fuck people think they are entitled to have such strong opinions on this, and better yet why they feel they are indisputably correct despite them knowing they know nothing about nutrition, is fucking baffling
>>
IT BLOWS MY MIND HOW MANY HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS ARE FAT
>IT BLOWS MY MIND HOW MANY HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS ARE FAT
IT BLOWS MY MIND HOW MANY HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS ARE FAT
>IT BLOWS MY MIND HOW MANY HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS ARE FAT

I'm sure there's other shit like this too.
>firemen who smoke (apparently this is a thing thats ironic or something)
>cell phone salesman with a flip phone
>teacher with a undecipherable accent
>work for a company that does/promotes A while you actively participate in Z
That sort of thing.
>body builders with autism
>>
>>41018846
>must suck to eat healthy all the time
>must suck to not be able to see your toes and be on the verge of diabetes
no more questions
>>
>get a set of kitchen scales
>dad asks why I got them (I don't live with parents, just went shopping with him for some comapny)
>say I'm controlling what I eat, making sure I don't eat too much so I can get healthier
>he says It's good that i'm taking steps to better myself
>then launches into a speech about "you can eat whatever you want just eat less, bla bla eating junk food every now and then isn't bad"

He's a nice dad, honestly. When I went over to cook food for his lazy ass, he had me cook up a massive pot of pasta with onions, peppers and shit, really healthy, and had a bowl of it and gave me the rest which really helped me out food wise for a while, he's just retarded when it comes to dieting.
>>
>>41021379
>subway chemicals banned in europe
>is in europe
stop talking about stuff you don't know about you uninformative jackass.
>>
>>41019955
God speed, Anon.
>>
File: f43 boulderkin.jpg (1MB, 1021x1000px) Image search: [Google]
f43 boulderkin.jpg
1MB, 1021x1000px
>>41019089
>not making fun of fat _______
?
>>
>>41020732
>TDEE is partially determined by genetics
Yeah sure, but genetic variance in basal metabolic rate only has a range of like 300 kcal difference in TDEE, so the effect is negligible
>>
>>41023765
Or better yet, melt the chocolate and smear it on the toilet seat, tell your mother the chocolate gives you diaherrea and hope she stops buying you your favorite treats >>41023667
>>
>>41019765
>5'10" 190 lbs
That's just fat anon.
Your denial is impressive though.
>>
>>41022676
As funny as this is, the girl who posted it also comes across like a catty bitch, even if it's not as much as her ham satellites. I guess it's just something in that extra X chromosome.
>>
>>41020812
>5kg in a week
First week huh?
>>
>>41022114
Pretty much this
CICO is true, but there is also a deceptive grain of truth to "muh metabolism".
Your "metabolism" is really just a measure of how efficiently you can process energy and nutrients.
Part of the issue is that the layman usage has been ascribed labels such as "fast" or "slow", really we should be using terms like "efficient" and "inefficient".
"Efficient" however, is a bit of a misnomer. Which is why I suspect the labels "fast" and "slow" caught on.
An efficient metabolism will get the most out of your intake. If a food has 200 calories, a hypothetical perfectly efficient metabolism will use or store all 200 of those calories while and inefficient metabolism will not, say it uses or stores only 170 of those calories.
The efficiency of your metabolism is partly genetic and partly affected by lifestyle.
A person could potentially eat more than their SUSPECTED TDEE and not gain weight. The opposite is also true.
However, you will never get 210 calories out of a 200 calorie food. This is where the thermodynamics argument comes into play, you can not create energy out of nothing.
The truth of the matter is that it's nuanced, not enough to be a valid excuse for being a fat weak willed piece of shit, but just enough that fat pieces of shit will bastardize parts of the knowledge we have to suit their own agendas and justify their gluttony.
CICO is good enough to use reliably.
However, this doesn't mean metabolism doesn't factor in, even if it is much more minuscule than people realize.
>>
>>41021378
>worked at a subway when I was in high school
The veg is legit. Whenever we ran out we'd just buy more at the grocery store. the meat is low grade processed crap, the cheese is half plastic and the bread is half salt. Don't even try one of the cookies, they are a huge waste in cals.

But there are a lot of worse choices out there anon. I would get a 6" veggie on wheat, no mayo and it was about 450 cals. But the salt... if you don't make up for it with your water intake prepare to bloat.
>>
>>41025264
>That's just fat anon.

You're right, but it's something I can never get an honest assessment about. Being overweight has become too normalized.

>Your denial is impressive though.

I'm a fat, weak slob that has a long road to travel. There is no denial here.
>>
>>41023765
>>41025259
It is too late anon, it has always been too late

I ate like 20 of them before i had to go back and left the rest there.

>>41023679
their not that fat for some reason (by fph standards). my mother doesn't look fat at all with clothes on, but naked you can see she has a skinnyfat type stomach, and my dad is only 320lb and 6ft.
>>
>>41021670
Pls stop. Women are not psychopaths, they're more like solipsists who are permanently lost in their own bubble, not caring about anything that doesn't gratify them. Reality is a product of your imagination, so anything you imagine is true.
>>
>>41018939
>5'10"
>190 lbs
>skinnyfat
nigger what the fuck I feel fat at 175 and i'm 6'1"
>>
>>41020707
>muh cico

Yeah sure, cico. The point is the co part is not the same you dumb nigger.
>>
I hear a constant stream of heckling from ppl more out of shape them me. The funny thing is they contradict themselves
> You look anorexic, and I'm worried you do too much cardio
> Ew you're so bulky and muscular you look like a lesbian. You should stop lifting weights.
Well? am I stick thin or bulky? Probably not both.
>>
>>41019078
Fuck they made us read that shit in 7th grade. I didn't know I could get so pissed at a work of fiction.
>>
>>41020480
Same.

I'm studdying fitness in a 2 year school, as well as studdying it outside of school, but have let myself go recently, personal stress, school, and work make it a bit hard to maintain good habits. Knowledge doesn't mean jack shit in terms of results, and odds are, there is a fatass out there who knows more than you about something you're better at, but doesnt practice it.

A bro with 95 iq doing SS with all his effort and soul will see better results than a kenesologist/dietician with a PHD who doesn't try.

It's basically applicable to any execution based field ever.

Odds are, they're full of shit though, it's not common.
>>
>>41018921
I bring people cakes because I like to make them but hate to eat them
>>
My friends don't give me shit directly for eating healthier, but my increased motivation has changed me, and living nearly 2 hours from our hometown creates some distance. Most are fine with it, but the two that have stagnated are really passive aggressive towards me now, and they all keep looking for more and more shit to bag on me for as I'm improving.

>in Discord with friends one Saturday
>nothing to do that day, so I start playing CK2, since I loved the game back when I played vidya regularly
>friend wanted me to play some other game with him, but I didn't feel like it since I would only be on for maybe an hour at most
>starts calling me an autist for playing the same game constantly
>he has more hours in almost every game in his Library than I do in CK2, including fighting games like Mortal Kombat
>displays a lot of symptoms of autism or at least Asperger's
>starts giving me shit for never doing anything with my life
>I have 16 credit hours this semester, work out every day, and had been looking for a job for a month or so at this point, though in no rush since I work 50 hour weeks between semesters
>he refuses to even look for a job, sits in his basement playing video games all day every day, and goes to classes at a tech school
>call him out on it
>refuses to talk to me for a few days while the other friend in the call gives me shit for "taking banter too far"

Weeks later
>in call with both of them and another friend
>they're all talking about vidya
>mention I've stopped playing it altogether unless I'm hanging out with them
>third friend starts giving me shit about being too cool for video games
>ignore him because he dropped out of school after 3 years to work part time at fucking McDonald's because he couldn't make friends and was failing or nearly failing every class

I'm pretty upset that this is how I'm rapidly losing some of my best friends, but on the other hand it seems that they're oblivious to how childish their behavior is becoming.
>>
>>41025910
>and my dad is only 320lb and 6ft.
>dad is only 320lb and 6ft
>only 320lb and 6ft
Not that fat, what the fuck man your father is probably considered to be morbidly obese.
>>
>>41018846
Gross eaters and boring health nuts are equally offputting to me. I work out regularly as a requirement of my job, and my wife is both an academy-trained chef and a nationally registered dietitian.

Healthy food should be delicious as fuck, and far from boring.
>>
You people are all faggots.
If a fat person genuinely tries to berate you for eating healthy, just give a laugh and ignore it.

You cannot imagine how much this angers them.

t. person who feeds off the misery and anger of others.
>>
>>41027996
Random fatties I laugh at. I guess I'm just taken aback that the people I thought would be my best friends for a while at least have already started pushing me away within two years of the last of us graduating. I don't need my friends, but it's shitty that they're forcing the end of an era upon us this quickly.
>>
>fat dad, like 300+ pounds
>he eats loads of whatever he wants, candy, ice cream, pizza, cheez-its, etc.
>a "normal" serving of a snack like chips or crackers in our house is a grab-it soup bowl (which are huge, if you didn't know)

>mom fat, but not as fat. mid 200s i think.
>she's got hip replacements, spent much of her childhood in hospital beds, and has pains that prevent her from exercising much, but still tries to eat less and does use the treadmill.

>talk about trying to count calories and lose weight
>mom supportive and helpful
>dad offers me food all the time and won't shut up about a meme diet he did at the hospital where they eat 200 cal snacks 6x a day
>he went down like 50 pounds in a few months and gained it back plus some because he went back to his old eating habits
>tell him that diets like that are dumb because they're not sustainable and they don't build good habits
>he doesn't really care or get it
>>
>>41028067
She wants what's good for you, he wants a connection to you. It happens, either parent can go either way and it's not wrong to want that with your kids.

I hope either he figures out how to find health with you or you figure out to let him languish in unhealth without disconnecting from him.
>>
>>41027835
I dont know, my man. You probably arent as innocent as you are painting yourself to be. This fucking story is dindu nuffin stuff. Just saying that you have quit vidya altogether is pretty obviously gonna cause problems. It always sounds like passive aggression.

Though I too have friends that sometimes try to attack me for shitty reasons if I fight back at all its them who play victims. Last time I made a point of not attacking at all and the guy still played a victim since I was too arrogant.
>>
LONDON
>>
>>41028099
>without disconnecting from him.
i'm not even considering that, i love my dad but he's really dumb about food and i'm worried it'll kill him. i'm also just a bit bitter about growing up in this house and being pushed into years of terrible eating habits. i'm a total r9k-tier loser and a lot of it has to do with how physically repulsive i am.
>>
File: 1466439985189.jpg (25KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
1466439985189.jpg
25KB, 284x177px
>>41019287
I'm used to be like this. 5'10", 130lbs and I ae terribly. The trick was that I only ate when I was around other people. I may eat 800calories of ice cream, but combined with the rest of my food for the day only made up 1,800ish calories.
>>
>>41028145
I mean, I get that maybe me changing rubs them the wrong way, but I didn't like the person that I was before. I was depressed, I didn't work hard, I put on weight, and I had nothing that I'd accomplished or that gave me reason to really live. I'm sure their side would have them just as innocent as mine has me, but I'm finally waking up in the morning and looking ahead to what the day might bring. I'm happy with who I am, and I won't apologize for that. If depressed cynic is the only version of me that they like, then they're going to have to adapt to who I'm becoming or this is simply it for us. I'm not going to take ten steps backwards to make them feel better about themselves.
>>
Why are most healthcare professionals unhealthy, stupid, and take pride in being underpaid/overoworked?

After your degree in Bio, what do you learn in med school that makes you content with sacrificing your health?
>>
>>41028208
They're not annoyed because you've changed, they're annoyed because you've become a self-righteous, smug, judgmental prick.

I've been exactly where you are, but I still have all my friends, because I realised I'm not some know-it-all. I did have the advantage of going to a university full of smug pricks, though, so you probably lack the context to identify it yourself.
>>
>check on old friends
>either living off of rich family doing absolutely nothing with their lives
>or riding the unemployment train while still saying they're business savvy despite flipping burgers in their late 20s
>own my own PT practice and training business
>work <20 hours a week and shit money
>they incessantly try and belittle me despite me never bringing anything up

some people are just buckets of crabs.
>>
>>41028208
I will be completely honest with you now. You sound self centered. For some reason you steered the discussion towards your change and how better you are now away from you having a part of blame.

And if you are talking with your friends, you obviously want to impress them, so it must be even more noticeable.

That being said your friends are cunts who stir shit up but cant take the heat, so fuck them. You should dump them, but if you dont want to do that, you should start checking how you actually behave near them.
>>
>>41027835
You sound like a dick. There's a guy in my discord that's similar to you (albeit he isnt in school), but he chastises everyone around him for not making as much money as he does, or has similar aspirations. Life isn't a race, and people progress at different paces and through different routes.
>>
>>41028145
>>41028208

>Just saying that you have quit vidya altogether is pretty obviously gonna cause problems.

This - I went through the same thing when I quit gaming, but I told the truth that I was ready to blow my brains out if I didn't turn my life around, and that was that. We don't speak much anymore. It was the best for everyone involved.
>>
>>41028254
Max shut the fuck up and get a real car. Like you got a miata and you fucked up by buying a NC.
>>
>>41028278
I'm the only one who's changed. They've all stayed the same. My point is that my change is seemingly the underlying cause of these issues, so I'm obviously going to discuss the changes I've made in my life. If there's something else that they have a problem with that won't harm me to change I'd do it for them in a heartbeat. But from my standpoint this is all coming out of left field.

>>41028283
How so? For pointing out hypocrisy? I'm not going to sit idly by while my friends try to tear me down while I struggle to pull myself out of what I've been through. Life isn't a competition, but my friends are trying to keep me in the stagnation I just fought tooth and nail to escape. I refuse to fall back just because other people are upset with who I am.

>>41028239
And you're clearly projecting.
>>
>>41018846
To paraphrase Drake, worry about yourself and dont give a fuck about them. If they ask why you eat your lunches like that just say you genuinely like your food like this. Not sure about you but it's not a lie with me, shit food makes me feel shitty and I prefer simply seasoned food fresh or cooked well rather than shit quality food drowned in fat, sugar, and salt to make it palatable.
>>
>>41019060
>I'm a femanon
Listen here, little baby
>>
>>41028254
My name isnt Max and I drive a BMW.
>>
>>41019060
women are jealous, envious creatures. if they see their friends trying to improve themselves and they don't want to improve themselves the same way, they'll try to drag them back down. whether through fake compliments, giving them food, "body positivity", etc.
>>
>>41028193
I don't mean disconnecting in a Scientology sense, but just the general... distance that he will feel when you are a young thing gaining power and confidence in your strong body, and he's still a fat old fuck that doesn't know the difference between actual body science and fitness industry BS. It's a feeling he gets because of the reality of how interpersonal feelings work and how your circumstances are changing, not something you are actively going to do to him.

I don't know your situation, but going out on a limb and guessing I'd say the best advice is to make sure you make good on your fitness ambitions, and actively work to keep him in the loop and able to feel relevant in your life at the same time. He may even follow your lead, God willing.
>>
I hate wasting food, and take whatever free food I can get, I just burn off those extra calories.
There's nothing more satisfying then fatties watching me eat a fuck ton of McDonald's and thinking I eat that shit all the time while still being fit.
>>
>>41022391
>He does not gain weight
He's been eating like this for years and is a fatass already?
>>
>>41025405
I managed to drop 25 pounds in a week and a half ish once. Fun times.
>>
>>41028978
Sounds like water weight, or you were extremely obese. When I was at my height of anorexia, I was dropping maybe 1 pound a day.
>>
>>41028995
What happened was apparently a bunch of the bacteria in my stomach died, so I didn't eat for almost two weeks and puked a progressively more vile liquid about twice an hour for a week and a half. As I said, fun times.
>>
My sister has been trying to get fit to join the airforce, I just finished school this year and work in a dairy shed and am trying to get army fit. Not 2 weeks into training I have surpassed her, and she has been at it for a year or so. It's really sad to see her like this, she's starting to lose motivation and is slacking on her training, how do I motivate her?
>>
>>41029050
Tell her she's gotta eat big to get big. Run and go to the gym together. For situps, do squats, and do tons of chest presses for pushups. I went from being completely unable to run for more than 100 meters without resting and being a 135 pound skeleton to a 94 on my PFA in a few months this way.
>>
>>41029091
We already know what exercises to do, she is just losing motivation, I don't believe she has much will power.
>>
>>41018846

Dude I work next to a pizza place and they've literally started to give me (and only me) a free large pizza every other day just because I've always given them free parking. You have no idea how much I hate myself every time he shows up and I take the pizza like a junkie.
>>
File: excited piano.png (197KB, 374x484px) Image search: [Google]
excited piano.png
197KB, 374x484px
>>41029230
Preworkout time.
>>
>>41029283
As a college student, I envy your access to those free calories.
>>
>>41018846
Go hang out with the RD's on staff anon, if they're quite young and fresh out of school they'd be all about nutrition.
>>
>>41023667
HOW FUCKING FAT ARE THEY?
>>
File: 1491790346068.gif (1MB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
1491790346068.gif
1MB, 480x358px
Jesus Christ, just do what works for you. Fuck what people think. 9 times out of 10 their bullshit remarks and gestures amount to nothing. If you want your confidence to be undermined by losers then so be it. Just know that it's a choice you've made.
>>
>>41027979
>tfw no RD-chef wife
I'm actually so fucking jealous.
>>
>>41023638
>fuck your own face
Sick burn lol
>>
>>41029050
>My sister has been trying to get fit to join the airforce

lol. This is absolutely not necessary. This is like being born male and wanting a sex change so you can join the boy scouts.
>>
>>41021515
Different anon, but you don't like diet shaming normies to make them feel even worse? Even if you aren't vegetarian or vegan you are adding another layer of elitism to separate yourself from them
>>
>>41018921
I'm a housekeeper the only male one to do the heavy lifting and storing stuff away or moving broken beds. Anyways the rest are Mexican housekeepers. The kind that speak broken English and have kids my age. Anyways they cook bangin ass food all day every day. Or bring in Mexican bread.
Come the holidays the facility gets hooked up with posole, menudo, tamales you name it.

In the summers it's tortas or they do taco days. Where for an hour they stay in the break room giving the staff tortas for a few bucks. The facility gets a cut and everyone is happy

Feels good.
>>
>>41018901
I get this occasionally from people too - and I fucking laugh at them for being weak and thinking they can bring me down.

Simple fact is, anybody who feels the need to try and put down somebody who is in the process of bettering themselves IS A CUNT. No ifs, no buts, no exceptions - they're a cunt. A sad, pathetic cunt that can't make any changes to their lives, so they seek to stop others making changes to theirs.

Tldr - crabs in a bucket is not just a meme. Just do what I do, as soon as you start getting mildly irritated by it, remind yourself that they're morons and not worth ruining your mood over. You're better than that, and to be quite frank, better than them. And they know it.
>>
>>41020812
>"You're not fucking going to do better in life than me SON."

Sadly. As much as we like to belive our parents want the best for us, I find that when we're not doing as well as they did at the same age - they're smug as shit. And when we do better than them in various areas, they flip their shit.

Just like all the other idiots out there I guess.
>>
>>41027835
You're not losing friends, you're losing dead weight. Decent friends will have already achieved something or WANT to achieve something and therefore won't be intimidated by your attempts and if anything will actually push you to succeed - that's what a good friend does. They don't try to drag you down just because they're struggling.
>>
>>41024706
What does this even mean?
>>
>>41018846
Lol, I am just perma bulking faggot, im the kinda guy that people wonder how I could be fit when I only eat unhealthy
>>
>>41018846
Because you deserve it.
>>
>>41018846
You're not the only one. Majority of my "friends" shit on me for studying and wanting to better myself. I failed like a cancer tier maths paper which we hadn't covered most of the stuff on and they were like "haha you should drop out xD." The worst was when one of them gave me the assignment for easter break. Two of the fucks wrote you should drop out in it. Decide to drop the faggots. Big exams in June too. Don't need all this negativity from a bunch of deadbeat who don't open a fucking book. I fucking reporter the cheeky cunts who wrote on my assignment to the admisstarter. How does one sanely deal with negative retards like this?
>>
>>41021378
Not particularly, no. The big scare about "ooooo Subway bread is made of plastic" was just pseudoscience, literal gymbro/mommyblog levels of idiocy. Obviously, a cookie is still a cookie, a greasy salami is still salami, a shitload of shaken on salt is still salt, and this isn't some kind of infallible guarantee that all things that come from Subway are 100% healthful in all amounts and frequencies.

But honestly, it's just bread and sandwich fixings.
Thread posts: 251
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.