[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SUGAR IS EVIL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: sugar-evil-e1404328596252.jpg (18KB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
sugar-evil-e1404328596252.jpg
18KB, 400x226px
It's the devil.

http://time.com/4087775/sugar-is-definitely-toxic-a-new-study-says/

I've told you guys so many times its not just about calories in<calories out. The quality of your food matters, and there is no better way to tell if something is low quality than by if it has added sugar.
>>
>>41018013
I'm going to eat a snickers bar just to fucking spite you
>>
>dietary sugar intake reduced from 27.7±8.3% to 10.2±1.7%
>dietary fiber of necessity increased from a daily mean of 9.3±2.2 g/1,000 kcal to 11.7±1.3 g/1,000 kcal.

Obese children ate more vegetables and less sugary foods and became healthier. This doesn't prove anything about sugar itself.
>>
>>41018013
Yeah you fuckin idiot, "calories in < calories out" is the formula for losing weight. Nobody ever claimed it was the pinnacle of all-encompassing nutrition advice.

Your article doesn't claim that eating sugar somehow makes calories in<calories out not work anymore. That would be physically impossible. Calories in<calories out is just for losing weight. Obviously if you want health benefits you need to eat healthy meals.

you're basically dumb my man
>>
>>41018064
they didn't eat healthier foods. They ate CRAP, and were STILL healthier.
>>
>>41018086
They got 26% more fiber, indicating they consumed more vegetables and less processed plant products.
>>
>>41018099
Let me guess, you are the kind of person who counts potato chips as a vegetable?
>>
>>41018037
you can do whatever you want.
>>
>>41018116
If they ate more potato chips, their dietary fiber would have decreased.
>>
>>41018064
What do you expect them to do? Just cut out the sugar and not eat anything else in its place?
>>
>>41018162
if you love fiber so much, why not go eat a sugar cane? plenty of fiber there. That makes it healthy.
>>
File: 1490296707442.jpg (85KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1490296707442.jpg
85KB, 750x750px
>>41018116
>>41018211
0/10 not even mad
>>
>>41018199
Breads and fats are despised by people trying to get healthy and loose weight. I tend to think it's the wrong enemy, and always has been. I mean, if you are celiac , that's one thing, but added sugar is pretty much across the board unhealthy.
>>
>>41018199
They could have replaced it with equally empty complex carbohydrates, protein, or fat. Instead they replaced it with vegetables.

>>41018211
I get enough fiber in my diet already.
>>
>>41018231
Refined carbs, refined sugar, useless fats, are all bad.

But what about sugar in fruit? It is absurd that this researcher would claim the sugar in fruit is toxic.
>>
> Susan Roberts, professor of Nutrition, USDA Nutrition Center at Tufts University notes that because some of the children lost weight, it's still possible that shedding the pounds helped their metabolic measures to improve. She also points out that the children self-reported their initial diet, which can often be inaccurate. "We know that a healthy diet and weight loss cause good metabolic changes, and although this study tries to attribute its effects to low fructose, in fact it is impossible to do that because of the study design."

> “Too much calorie intake is still the biggest problem,” says Dr. Mark Corkins, professor of pediatrics at University of Tennessee Health Science Center and member of the American Academy of Pediatrics committee on nutrition. He notes that the study involved children who were obese already and consuming too many calories. “It’s an important study, and the facts coming out of it are very important. It means we need to look at sugars, and at the type of sugars and sugar intake. But I worry that people are going to hang everything on this when we still need to reduce consumption.”

from the article.
>>
>>41018248
>>41018226
Sugar that is in fruit occurs naturally WITH FIBER. If you look at anything sugary in nature, that's the case. It's not good to strip sugar of its natural fiber casing. There is a reason why sugar cane is a stick, if you don't want to eat that stick also, you probably shouldn't be eating the sugar. Apples and pears are fine, but fruit juice, soda and table sugar are bad bad bad.It's not just empty calories, its poison.
>>
>>41018319
The article blames all sugar. That's why it's absurd. Glad you agree.
>>
>>41018293
It's true people eat too many calories, but the quality of those calories is an underappreciated factor in health.

The USDA is bought and paid for by the corn syrup lobbyists. They are essentially shills now. Not saying she is wrong, but take that with a grain of salt.
>>
>>41018341
I don't believe fruit is bad at all, but that's not where 99% of fatties get their sugar from.
>>
>>41018379
I agree completely. Which is why the article is dumb and misleading.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.