[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have dreams about dislocating sockets?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Dislocated-shoulder-2.jpg (44KB, 866x693px) Image search: [Google]
Dislocated-shoulder-2.jpg
44KB, 866x693px
As someone who's dislocated their shoulder at least 20 times in over 3 years, I have nightmares about dislocated my shoulder and the funny thing is, is that waking up in a panic increases the chance of me actually popping my shoulder by 100x....
>>
>>41012369
why have you dislocated your shoulder at least 20 times in over 3 years?
>>
>>41012410
from boxing, had to quit because of it, shoulder was predisposed to dislocating due to it popping out when i was a little kid
>>
>>41012424
>tfw never dislocated anything
Tell me how it feels
>>
I have those dreams yeah, but I have never dislocated anything.

I also dream about my teeth falling out which is often worse, because you wake up and you imagine that your teeth are still loose.
>>41012441
I have broken limbs but I imagine dislocating is worse, like the bone pressing against the wrong tendons creating massive pressure and pain
>>
>>41012467
Actually it really hurts the first time and the pain goes away after it's put back into place

It's the recovery and PT that really hurts,and when you learn that you can never do certain sports again ( for me it's anything that has violent physical contacts and parachute jumping ( which sucks cause i've always wanted to jump ) )
>>
>>41012441
sometimes I passed out from what I expect was nerves getting pushed against- also tremendous nausea, sometimes it was less and more, lasted about 30 minutes or so

the part that worries me most about dislocations is the fragility for months after, being absolutely terrified to pop it out when you're sleeping, when you're putting on clothing, when you're in the bath and trying to get up, hoping you're able to pop it in again or hoping it pops itself back in, hoping you don't pass out from the nerves and hoping that this isn't the dislocation that's going to push it over the edge to the point where you can't turn right in your vehicle anymore without it coming out of the socket

there were many nights where I couldn't sleep even though I had arm taped onto my chest so it didn't wanted to far to the left of my body and dislocate and still it felt so fragile that any sudden movement it'd pop out and if I couldn't sleep with it taped to the most stable and safe part of my body then how would i function at all as a person, the only way i can sleep now if I put a very hard wall like surface right next to my shoulder so I can't extend it away from my body in a dangerous way, if i toss and turn wrong it comes out, you have to be very stable to keep it in well

the pain feels like massive bruising, electrical currents going throughout your entire body, jolts of shocks if you move your arm in any way, this is why when you pop it in you better do it fast and hope it works or holy shit... then serious gnawing nerve pain, if you've experienced anything with nerve pain you'll know what i mean
>>
>>41012369
no but i have dreams about broken ankles.

broke it once, sprained it twice, and have twisted it a dozen times. i think about it at night and it bugs me a lot.
>>
>>41012597
spooky stuff

Kidney stones run in my family so Im probably gonna have to deal with that later on in life. Luckily havent had one of those yet but I expect an equal kind of trauma from that.
>>
I have dreams about having a gf, friends and some measure of self respect
>>
dislocated shoulder 100+ times and then had a latarjet procedure to try and increase stability. I was told after the latarjet it would be practically impossible to anterior dislocate and then 2 years after the first surgery I anteriorly dislocated again so hard that the head of my humerus actually broke off the coracoid graft from the initial surgery. Luckily my humeral head didnt hit the screws though, could have been worse. Had to have a second modified latarjet using a bone graft from the iliac crest and now 2 years after that my shoulder is still completely worthless. 22 years old and can't do a single push up
>>
Any successful stories about recovering from shoulder dislocation?

More than 3 years ago I dislocated my shoulder by tripping on ice and due to a lot of similiar accidents that day I had to wait almost the whole day to get it fixed, I spent hours with my arm outside the socket.

I got some special thingie and wore it for 3 weeks, then did some light exercises for it like once a week. After a while I started doing pushups, but the pain made me give up on pullups, so I only did chinups. Some time passed, I moved onto weighted pushups and chinups, occasionally would feel some pain, but nothing scary happened. Some months later I started lifting again and while I can feel this shoulder is not what it used to be, I'm at my strongest at the moment and it never dislocated again, even though I was doing boxing for a bit in the meantime.

Can I feel safe from this menace now?
>>
>>41012776

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

GET OUT!!!
>>
File: bark.jpg (27KB, 311x247px) Image search: [Google]
bark.jpg
27KB, 311x247px
>>41012854
forgot to post the pic, this shit might've done what it's supposed to do
>>
>>41012410
Excessive genital diddling.
>>
>>41012369

Funny you mentioned this. I dislocated my knee 3 weeks ago and today I woke up shouting "Ah!" when i dreamed about my knee coming out.
>>
>>41012854
I dislocated my shoulder just over a year ago, posterior dislocation (to the back) which is very rare I was told.

I spent hours with the shoulder dislocated too, sitting in the waiting room of the ER for hours because the hospital industry here in Belgium is failing.

It took a while for the shoulder to start feeling normal again, but once it did feel normal again, it became as strong as ever pretty quickly.

I'm 35 too.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.