[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Went to the gym for the first time in 1 yr >Just did triceps

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: qtrs.png (44KB, 271x363px) Image search: [Google]
qtrs.png
44KB, 271x363px
>Went to the gym for the first time in 1 yr
>Just did triceps
>4 sets until fail (8-16 reps) on 3 different exercises
>Arms felt fine, and I could have done more, but decided to go easy as it was my first day
>DOMS for the next 5 days, couldn't bend arms

Should I not go until fail?

Or should I just accept I'll get DOMS until I get used to exercising in a few months?
>>
12 set total? I suggest reading the sticky, and picking a routine.
>>
>>41011556
Take a cold shower, it helps with inflammation. Also ibuprofen is great for inflammation.

DOMS is love, DOMS is life. Make sure you stretch as well for general well being.
>>
Similar issue, I go until failure but never ever get DOMS. Am I retarded?
>>
>>41011556
she indeed a qt
>>
That's just what happens when you come back after a long break. Keep at it, DOMS will go away in a month.
>>
>>41011572
>I suggest reading the sticky
Read it years ago senpai

>and picking a routine
Injuries mean I can't do anything that involves shoulder or upper arm movement
>>
>>41013656
that's the thing. the last time you lifted too was a year ago. you need to research and re-learn and re-fresh your shit. you are gettin doms for 5 days straight, not like 3 days and you are questioning if you should go to fail or not. please. stop being stubborn and don't just start a thread, research.
>>
>>41011699
probably doing the same movements for weeks. all you feel is exhaustion, not doms. just don't allow your last rep to be fucked up. you want to stop when your form is still perfect.
>>
>>41013656
>can't do anything that involves shoulder or upper arm movement
>hit only tris until failure the first day back
A cunning strategy.
>>
>>41013656
>>41013830
just reread this. op should probably just do bw training to up his overall strength to prevent injury.
>>
>>41013821
>just don't allow your last rep to be fucked up
define fucked up

would doing a tricep extension and stopping half way through count as fucked up?
>>
>>41014079
yes. some people do it, i have seen pro bodybuilders go til fail and the last is like a half rep. but do you think you'd overall benefit more by doing this, or by holding off on that last rep and only doing perfect reps til.. near-fail?
>>
>>41014121
>do you think you'd overall benefit more by doing this, or by holding off on that last rep and only doing perfect reps til.. near-fail?
I assume you benefit whenever you're struggling to lift the weight and your muscles burn, which for me only happens on the last 1-2 reps

I'll try next time to stop before fail, but I don't really know when I'll fail
>>
>>41011556
Read the fucking sticky
>>
>>41014211
Just read it again
Nothing about DOMS
>>
>>41014187
apply that concept to days you might want to workout but are sore. you can still workout, but you don't want to go so hard as to fuck up your form on reps. you'd want to do less intense workouts and not go til fail, because this will break down the muscle in a bad way. with this said, sometimes doing lighter workouts on off days can actually help improve and speed up recovery. example is doing like 2x10 push ups the day after you do chest. or going for a speed walk after a leg day, versus sitting all day.

also, try upping your overall strength right now. don't worry about isolating so much as increasing integral strength. maybe think about your body as a huge unit.

doing a bit of cardio might help your overall strength as well. the muscle memory and performance output helps with the way the muscle works in unison with other parts of the body.
>>
>>41014248
That's literally fucking wrong.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.