[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can decent resources on how to maintain ketosis? Exactly how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: ketogenicdietpic.jpg (154KB, 628x304px)
ketogenicdietpic.jpg
154KB, 628x304px
Can decent resources on how to maintain ketosis? Exactly how should I be measuring my carb/sugar consumption?

I'm thinking about cutting out sugar for health reasons and thought I may as well try some form of ketosis management.
>>
>>41009909
Some people seem to say net carb is the only thing that matters where as others say you need to measure both
>>
>>41009909
Just eat protein/fats and have a multivitamin, friend. Fuck carbs
>>
>I'm thinking about cutting out sugar for health reasons and thought I may as well try some form of ketosis management.
It looks like you're forgetting that diets high in fat and cholesterol and low in fiber cause heart disease and diabetes. So if you're doing X "for health", then it seems odd that you would instead do something that is going to destroy your health.
>>
>>41010641
Fiber can be added to a keto diet with a few simple supplements.

The cholesterol issue can be mitigated if Op decides to eat more fish/chicken over red-meat/eggs. The latter only really being a problem if you are trying to obtain high levels of protein.

>>41009909

To answer question Op. You do net carbs which is:

total carbs - dietary fiber = net carbs.

So for example a package may say
Total carbs 13g
Dietary Fiber 8g
Sugar 3g
13 - 8 = 5 net carbs.
>>
>>41010878
how do I figure out how much I should have a day?

I presume it's good to have carbs before a workout, how do I figure out how much I should have?

Is it worth getting a glucose/ketone blood meter?
>>
Yeah, because I'm just gonna not eat spaghetti anymore. Gfys.
>>
>>41009909
Use 5-HTP and L-Tyrosine to manage the drop in serotonin and dopamine that comes with cutting carbs and eating at a caloric deficit. Helps with sleep and carb cravings.
>>
>>41010641
I'm not totally sold on the science behind this "high fat = high cholesterol = heart disease" meme tbqh
>>
>>41009909
>how to maintain ketosis?
Don't eat fruits, don't trigger insulinic response so don't eat anything that is above 10% carbs as a rule of thumb.
>>
>>41012283
Here's a calculator for keto: https://ketodietapp.com/Blog/page/KetoDiet-Buddy

A god send for low carb breads:
http://www.netrition.com/

Generally most people can eat about 50g tops and stay in keto. If you're paranoid you can get keto sticks to piss on but that is over kill imo.

My recommendation is cut down to 20-35g of carbs if you're hardcore. Or gradually ween out your carb food.

For workouts I do not know. I do mostly bodyweight/cardio and have never had a problem with energy. However I will say I feel beast mode if I've eaten a fair amount of carbs a day or two earlier, so yes you will notice a difference. What I am getting at is you have to feel it out for yourself.

Also take in mind is that it can take days to get back into keto if you cheat and go over your carb limit. This makes weekly cheat meals a bad idea. Upside is you can make some pretty good low carb dishes if you know where to look.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.