[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mental gains

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 46674.jpg (32KB, 295x475px) Image search: [Google]
46674.jpg
32KB, 295x475px
Will this book actually help?
>>
>>41004589
OP, you are suffering from a common condition known as 'acute youth', most commonly experienced by males between the ages of 13 and 19. The treatment is TIME.

Now go get your money back on that book, it won't do shit for you.
>>
>>41004589
I like meditation better than that book.try it if it doesn't work then meditate , or do both.meditation has taught me that all thoughts are ok , but do not engage them . whereas felling good tells you to write down neg thoughts and to respond to them , to btfo irational fears.
>>
>>41004589
>be me, Nov. 2015
>got diagnosed with major depressive disorder
>pathetic attempt at painkiller OD
>prescribed SSRIs to level me out
>I'm on a cloud and nothing matters
>wew lads this is boring
>come off them May 2016
>acute awareness of the misery and mundane that is life returns, depression does not
>ffw to 2 months ago, find Joe Rogan podcast
>listen to the man talk shit with some doctor, hear loads of shit that makes sense
>start taking my vitamins, eating right, lifting 3x a week, running 2x a week
>life not so miserable anymore
>>
>>41004743

If you think taking a passive approach to mental health is mature, I wonder how you approach physical fitness. The question was more posed for those who've tried cognitive behavioral therapy.
>>
Most of the self-absorbed chumps believe that feeling good "should" last forever when it actually should not.

Never in the history of all humanity existed an individual who was in such that state perpetually.
>>
>>41004831
Exactly, can't feel the highs without having the lows
>>
>>41004830
I do believe in cognitive therapy, having done it myself.
I also believe that unless you have a CLINICAL DIAGNOSIS FROM A MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL that says you're CLINICALLY DEPRESSED, that you need to just chill the fuck out and stop taking shit so goddamned seriously. Even more so if you're a TEENAGE BOY on 4CHAN.

>>41004859
>Exactly, can't feel the highs without having the lows
Guess what, Sunshine? THAT'S LIFE. You can't be 'happy happy happy' all the goddamned time, it's a MIXTURE OF ALL THE ABOVE. Get used to it.
>>
>>41004743
I imagine the posters behind this type of drivel to have the smuggest, most punchable faces.
>>
File: IMG_1488.jpg (107KB, 553x783px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1488.jpg
107KB, 553x783px
>>41004867
>>
>>41004867
>Guess what, Sunshine? THAT'S LIFE. You can't be 'happy happy happy' all the goddamned time, it's a MIXTURE OF ALL THE ABOVE. Get used to it.
You're a cunt, you're agreeing with him by being a cunt and repeating what he said.
>>
>>41004902
You know, the 'WAAH, I'M DEPRESSED!!!' threads are some of the WORST bait, even worst than 'tfw no gf' threads.
>>
>>41004923
>WAAAH, HE'S NOT AGREEING WITH ME UNCONDITIONALLY, THE BIG MEANIE!!! WAAAH!

>>41004925
Just get into the bathtub and slit your wrists like a good boy, then we'll have one less shitposter putting up bait threads.
>>
>>41004867

Idk why I thought I'd receive insight from a board full of meatheads on mental health.

Idk were you got the grumption to make assumptions on my age and my depression levels, and whereas im not about to go about revealing my personal information to beat someone in an internet fight, my interest in the book wasnt the result of a bad weekend or self diagnosisl.

The book was written by someone who studied under the guy who first practiced cbt. It's filled with ways to deal with negative thoughts that over influence emotions. If you attest to cbt, you agree with this book.

The author even address the "mixture" that life is, saying the book won't solve all problems, but help you better cope. Tbf the book cover is click baity
>>
Not sure about depression but I have had social anxiety for over a decade and I've finally found a program that is making a big difference. It's cognitive behavioral therapy (socialanxietyinstitute.com)

Also there's no evidence to support this (yet) but I think anxiety at least, and maybe depression, lead to lower physical gains as well. Anxiety is associated with higher levels of cortisol, which is known to be catabolic. I think it also interferes with testosterone production. When I was at the height of my anxiety I swear to god I could go a week without fapping, no problem, and my lifting gains were fucking nonexistent. Ever since I really starting sticking to the CBT program my sex drive has increased and gains are steady.
>>
>>41004986
>>41005007
Ha I thought it was two retarded people but it's just one really retarded "person".
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.