[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting muscly by playing sports

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: american education.jpg (37KB, 424x643px) Image search: [Google]
american education.jpg
37KB, 424x643px
How do you git gud by doing normal sports (no lifting etc)? Normal sports are great for your coordination, speed, endurance, fat loss, etc. But is it possible to get all that and some mass?

I say yes:
Legs: Sprints and Jump contests
Pulling muscle: Climbing and wrestling
Pushing muscle: Discus and Javelin throw.
Arms: Tennis

Am I right?
>>
yes, pls teach me to smart like u
>>
No.

If you're pointing to sportsmen as examples of the sport causing gains, you are forgetting that they pretty much all work out in the gym on top of their sports.
(not to mention most elite athletes have great genes for gaining lean mass as well as possible PEDs but thats a story for another day)

Also most sportsmen are not big. They are just very lean, and a lean 160lbs looks bigger than a less lean 180lbs to the untrained eye.
>>
>>40997402
You won't really gain mass in any sport other than bodybuilding... because they all rather require endurance and strength, and not massive muscles. Massive muscles don't make sense for all usual sports and the body won't develop them in a way as when you explicitly train to do so.
>>
>>40997402
You'd have a good set of F U N C T I O N A L adaptations doing all those things, but not for the reasons you're thinking. There'd be a lot to go through to explain but I'll give two examples: rock climbing is very good for finger/upperbody tendon strength. It's also fairly good for musculature but most decent rockclimbers do a fair amount of cross training. Tennis won't give you strong arms, but it will give some interesting bone adaptations due to the shape of the racket and it being a hitting sport. You'll also get decent hand eye coordination and proprioception gains. Your tendons might also get some strength in the legs I guess but I haven't seen any research specific to this.
>>
>>40997402
Athletes often lift weights to increase muscle strength and actually improve at many sports, dumbass
>>
File: wade.jpg (188KB, 921x1222px) Image search: [Google]
wade.jpg
188KB, 921x1222px
Nope.
You'll get middle results at best.

You MUST lift weights if you want to be atleast big.
>>
>>40997402
>How do you git gud by doing normal sports (no lifting etc)?
Gymnastics
>>
Rugby, but you need to start playing young and until at least late teens.
>>
what about sports + hitting the weights?
is it too late for me
>>
>>40997425

even with lifting you still have to put a shit ton of work into it to get respectable gains
>>
File: 1460860121248.jpg (2MB, 2481x6600px) Image search: [Google]
1460860121248.jpg
2MB, 2481x6600px
>>40997402
Did someone say hypertrophic calisthenics with an emphasis on functional strength?
>>
>>40999999
>>
>>40997402
>playing 7 different sports
Just play water polo or rugby and lift weights.
>>
>Playing lots of sports to try and get fit
That's like heating your house by buying dozens of lamps because lightbulbs give off heat.
And besides, if you try playing so many sports you're putting yourself at a ridiculously high risk of injury.
>>
>>40997402
no dumbest thing ive read today
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.