[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting all your micros in a single meal.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: micros.jpg (1MB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
micros.jpg
1MB, 700x500px
IF 23/1 here.

I was wondering if it was possible to get all your RDAs for micronutrients in one single session.

Like, is it possible to absorb such a big amount of vitamins and minerals?

I read something about limited numbers of receptors for various micros (especially calcium, iron or zinc) that limit the capacity of your body to fully absorb said nutrients (bioavailability aside), if taken in large amounts.

Is this meme? Is there no other way to get your micros other than subdivide your meal in smaller ones during the day?

>inb4 supplements
>>
>>40997063
Shit fucking thread. Take the supplements you retard.
>>
>>40997063
>I read something about limited numbers of receptors for various micros (especially calcium, iron or zinc) that limit the capacity of your body to fully absorb said nutrients (bioavailability aside), if taken in large amounts.

Evolutionary this does not make any sense
>>
>>40997260
good goy, thank you for bumping my thread.
>>
>>40997063
>Getting all your micros in a single meal
Literally impossible. On a non-autist diet, it's also impossible to hit all your RDA's in a day. You can get close by eating liver, though, but that's unhealthy if you do it a lot (hypervitaminosis).
>>
are you literally retarded?
The only thing you have to do is eating a fuckton of fruit and veggies, with meat and eggs for them minerals and B12.

I'm not asking wether it's possible to elaborate said meal, I'm asking if it's worth it.
>>
>>40997419

was meant to quote this

>>40997386

poster
>>
>>40997063
At 800mg total of zinc, magnesium, and calcium, those will compete for absorption and lessen total effect.
>>
>>40997458

That's exactly what I was referring to. Do you have a reliable source for this claim?
>>
File: 1490722994990.jpg (143KB, 600x903px) Image search: [Google]
1490722994990.jpg
143KB, 600x903px
IF 22/2 here (my workout is within this time)

I eat 1/4 of my daily calories before my workout. finish the rest after, along with my supplement stack

god tier for cutting. works for me. just take some supplements, man. there's no shame in it

also, the "body can only digest x amount of y in z time" is complete bullshit. you will just take a longer time to digest it. do you think early humans, who often only ate sparingly, had the privilege of only digesting a certain amount of vitamins and minerals they consumed?

>go 3 days without any food
>kill bear
>eat your fill
>might be 3 days before you eat again
>body only makes use of half of what you eat

the body is the smartest thing in this world. smarter than your mind.
>>
>>40997541

Thanks man, appreciate that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against supplements (I take zinc, vitamin D and omega 3s), but I'd rather save the money of a multivitamin, if I can easily get everything from food.
>>
>>40997541
I do something similar. I workout around 2 hours, eat carbs before and a huge meal + veggie shake after and then go to sleep.
Less carbs on non-lifting days + cardio fasted is truly god mode for cutting. Havent lost any muscle really, gained strength still although it is harder that without IF.

Im not preaching IF either, all I can say is that it works for me and I feel better. It might be because of the effects of fasting, or because I watch more closely what I eat because I have the time for it or some stupid placebo effect. I dont know, all I know is that I feel better and more alert and I intend to keeping it this way.

If you are unsure about IF, skip breakfast and eat a later lunch and see how it goes. Work your way up gradually, drink lots of black coffee and water during your fast and see how it goes. Some people react very positively to it, others dont. Its up to you to find out whether you belong to the first group or the latter
>>
>>40997522
First read about it while researching about increasing testosterone back to optimal natty levels.

Here are some others tho...
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3584729
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9174476
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7836627
>>
>>40997063
Chicken soup. Fry the vegetables a bit in rapeseed oil for extra unsaturated fat. Carrots, onions, celery, green beans, peas. Eat with parboiled rice.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.