[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should this humble degenerate go gym?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 6

File: mdma.jpg (13KB, 400x237px) Image search: [Google]
mdma.jpg
13KB, 400x237px
Did MDMA and a bit of ketamin amphetamines in half a pill last night in addition to around 5 cigarettes. First time doing MD. Throat's feeling dry as fuck. Do I go to the gym today and if so, do I add 2.5kg to my lifts? I'm a novice.
>>
File: mdma.gif (114KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
mdma.gif
114KB, 720x540px
GG see you in 10 years bro
>>
>>40996857
That picture scares me.

2 years ago I did MDMA almost every weekend for a period of 5 months. Also shitloads of amphetamine and constant weed smoking (marijuana effects serotonin quite a bit)

I´ve been drug free almost 9 months now (no alcohol, no cigarettes, nothing)

Still believe that MDMA did some serious damage to my brain chemistry. Me and my few friends would do fucking retarded doses like 500mg a night. I was so fucked up I was almost always hallucinating badly. MDMA comedown + smoking a joint = full blown deliriant hallucinations
>>
>>40996857
I'm feeling fine in my head rn. Bad idea though it was I wanted to have fun last night. About to start some hardcore studying. What's the implications of that gif for an 18 year old?
>>
>>40996880
Was it just hallucinations? How are you now?
>>
>>40996892
After stopping the drug use I was in a very dark place for a long time. I also had some problems like my wittiness wasn´t there, my talking skills were not as smooth and I felt dumb as fuck.

This spring I´ve been getting back to my "normal" level in my opinion and socializing and things like that come naturally. I also did a cognitive tests with a psychologist I´ve been seeing and all my tests (memory, concentration, verbal etc.) had improved since 2 years ago I quit the drug use. So at least I know I am improving.
>>
>>40996921
Good job lad, good job getting sobered up. I hope you manage to stay off them for the everlasting future.
Do you think I'm gonna affected like that? It wasn't much but I don't know how much it was. I'm pretty smart and very social, I'd be gutted if lost that in my student year.
>>
>>40996849

I rarly take stimulants anymore, but i mostly get some kind of afterglow the day after.

Being to the gym today shouldnt be a problem.
>>
>>40996961
I don´t think one moderate dose of MDMA will do you some everlasting harm. You seriously need to abuse it and high doses in my opinion.

I personally stayed away from MDMA after I learned it is chemically basically a metamphetamine. Next time you are offered ecstasy: think to yourself: Would you do meth?

MDMA is 3,4Methylenedioxymethamphetamine after all.
>>
>>40996889
shredded your noob gains
>>
>>40996979
Got it. I appreciate you sharing your experience, it's very insightful. Yeah... I think I'll probably turn it down next time.
>>40996995
You think so? I wanted to switch to greyskull anyway :^)
>>
>>40996979
You clearly know nothing about chemistry.
>>
>>40996849
pills are fucked...I've done them a bit but then I copped one that was like super meth and it changed my opinion big time. I think I'll probably stay off them for life now. It's just not worth the risk of dying from a bad pill imo..
>>
>been raving for 4 years
>never done MDMA

Just drink alcohol like an adult, or coke if you can afford it. Acid is probably ok too but ive never done it either
>>
>>40996849

HI, experienced gym fag and roller here, I'd be more worried about being dehydrated af than going to the gym at the moment. Honestly stims burn your body pretty bad and I'd suggest you give your CNS a rest breh unless you want a trip to the ER for a heart attackizzle.

Just my 2cents though, honestly do what ever the fuck you want to do and tell me how it goes. It'll probably be more entertaining for me that waytbh.
>>
>>40997197
I think I'll just take your advice and not lift. Do you have an estim8 of how long I might need to rest my CNS?
>>
>>40996857
>faculty.washington.edu
can I trust this?
>>
>>40996880
Don't worry, you probably damaged your brain permanently. There's actually a very high chance, considering your drugs of use.
BDNF, and by extension, cardio, is the only cure. Unless you want BDNF and NGF shots directly into your spine - you don't.
>>
>>40996889
Even worse. Your brain is still in development
>>
>>40996979
MDMA literally will transform into oxidative versions of dopamine. It isn't even like other amphetamines that it's the amount of your natural neurotransmitters in the synaptic cleft what causes the damage. MDMA directly causes the damage. Only by preventing oxidation of dopamine can you prevent MDMA toxicity. And I seriously doubt someone would be thinking "I'm using MDMA tonight, better use melatonin and selegiline to protect dat dere neuron synapses".
MDMA will always be neurotoxic, and people usually only make it more neurotoxic by using it stupidly.
>>
>>40996979

Are you retarded?
>>
>>40996889
Only four
1. Stop
2. doing
3. it
4. stupid.
>>
>>40996880

>2 years ago I did MDMA almost every weekend for a period of 5 months

You're supposed to do MDMA once every 2-3 months. How fucking stupid do you have to be to do that shit every weekend? You honestly deserve what ever kind of damage you've done to yourself.
>>
>>40996849
drink orange juice and eat a lot of healthy food. do not go to the gym your brain needs to recover after the damage you did to it last night. you won't feel shitty this morning because there is still residuals effects but you will feel shitty tonight.

the more healthy food and rest you get today the better and less bad you'll feel tonight/this coming week.

I wouldn't recommend doing ecstasy. I did it once and definitely felt off for a good while. it took me a long time to feel 100% back to normal but even still today I don't feel as witty as I used to be.
>>
5-htp is great for recovery from mdma.
>>
File: k1Ap2AY.jpg (55KB, 640x636px) Image search: [Google]
k1Ap2AY.jpg
55KB, 640x636px
Please help is weed good or bad for getting stronger cns?
>>
>>40996849
Dry throat happens to me every time no matter how much I drink, otherwise I always feel fine, so it's better than booze anyway.

Go and lift like you normally would, just eat a proper meal a few hours beforehand and after workout.

Also, don't do M more often than 3-4 times a year or you'll fry your brain.
>>
>>40996880
yeah retard dosing. you did some damage for sure. I did it a few times, but never that much, let alone every fucking week for such a long time. Havent done it in 1,5 years and no plans to.
Do 2C-B, keta and psychs
>>
>>40997147
LSD is literally the safest drug out there (along with mushrooms) in terms of physical effects, if you're worried about your health then you're safer taking acid than ibuprofen or aspirin...

MDMA is neurotoxic and can fuck your shit up if you do it regularly, but if you're not an idiot (dose it right, don't dehydrate and don't roll more often than every 2+ months) it's much less dangerous than drinking heavily every weekend.
>>
>>40997487

>believing in the 'drugs are bad, they'll fry your brain' government propaganda myth
>>
>>40996979
damn you have no idea what you are talking about. This is a serious issue and very important for many people who have no idea how to conduct research on their own. I beg you to stop misinforming people like this, its dangerous
>>
File: idgrurslrkmy.jpg (8KB, 362x366px) Image search: [Google]
idgrurslrkmy.jpg
8KB, 362x366px
>>40997527
>ignoring psychological damage
been studying psychology for the last 3 years, had an interest and read psychological studies from leading people in the field. Its commonly agreed that upwards of 70% of the worlds population could be diagnosed with a class c mental state. you normies know nothing about psychology and disregard the topic
>>
>>40996849
I was introduced to mdma two years ago and would roll that shit at least every second weekend. I'm pretty damn sure my brain is damaged now and I'm never touching that shit again.
I do coke on special occasions tho.
>>40997529
Try it on yourself. Large doses of mdma turn my brain to mush and static noise
>>
>>40997529
High doses of MDMA have been shown to cause brain lesions in serotonin neurons in both humans and animals.

https://toxnet.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/sis/search2/r?dbs+hsdb:@term+@rn+@rel+42542-10-9
>>
File: IMG_0453.jpg (34KB, 367x411px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0453.jpg
34KB, 367x411px
>tfw I become a master smooth talker and acquirer of pussy when doing MDMA

Why can't I be like this sober?
>>
>>40997572
> studying psychology for 3 years
> feel competent to tell people about their mental state

Psychology is not even a fucking medical field, bro. If you wanted to help people, you should have studied psychiatry, which is actually a real science.

Long term psychological effects of using psychodelics are not well studied, but for majority of people even a bad trip is just a way to better understand oneself. You should try it, kid.
>>
>>40996880
I used to sell lbs of Molly, would stay up for days on that shit partying nonstop, was chemically imbalanced before drugs so not much difference after, just less mental acuity
>>
>>40997527
>don't roll more often than every 2+ months

6 times rolling a year 2 month space between rolls is fucking neurotoxic and stupid even if you took all the preliminary steps to prevent oxidative stress

It simply is extremely neurotoxic substance you should not take
>>
>>40997722
Ive done it and I agree. Does not feel right for some reason. Do a small dose with acid once a year or so but keep to other drugs.
Molly is a children's drug anyway
>>
>>40996857
Well fuck, I've done MDMA 15 or so times(always taking at least a couple months between each roll) and I haven't used it in a long time since the comedown is so fucking shitty. Guess I'm not touching that shit again. I'm actually moving towards the same attitude towards alcohol, there was a time I'd get fucking wasted at least once per weekend but I'm getting sick of the hangovers. Partying is cool but nothing legitimately beats the feeling of waking up refreshed early in the morning and exercising.
>>
>>40997741
>Molly is a children's drug anyway
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>40997617
Inhibitions. Why do you think 95% of guys who are successful with women are usually drunk when they get those one night stands
>>
>>40997752
Its your classic entry drug. Once you get past the honeymoon phase of omg im doing drugs now, you realize how shitty it is.
Tuesday blues, you poisoning yourself irreperably I know plenty of ravers who have been into the scene for +10 years, nobody of them do molly.
>>
>>40997798
I would say amphetamine and weed are the entry drugs where I am from.
But I agree that it's shitty even though rolling on molly is the best feeling in the world. The side effects are just too damn shit.
>>
>>40997817
>molly is the best feeling in the world.

I did MDMA under 10 times in my life and last time in my life I understood how plastic and fake the happiness feeling is.

It is too chemical-induced for me to even enjoy it. Also people felt fucking retarded around me with no inhibitions, kissing, hugging I felt I was like in some kindergarten. Watched people around me in a club all wasted out of their minds on ecstasy. Sweating, kissing, dancing having chemical "good time" while rolling.

That was the last time I did MDMA and walked out of the club (didn´t even have comedown yet). Actually been so disgusted with club scene after that never went there anymore. Disgusted with MDMA too. The high itself is like comparing fake plastic boobs to real deal.
>>
I did ecstasy for the first time 3 months ago.
BEST FUCKING NIGHT EVER
Perfect drug

I am thinking of doing it again in a month.
When does it become shitty? Will I preserve the ''magic'' if I only take it 2-3 times a year.
>>
>>40998056
read this. summed up perfectly
>>40998001
I agree on every account
>>
>>40996849
ITT: plebs sucking the dick of research chemicals

Acid is, and always will be better. Ketamine is for those who want to piss themselves, coke for low-test/roider faggots who can't function otherwise due to autism. MD is legitimately for normie faggots who want to fuck up their health beyond repair.

Weed is pretty nice. DMT's kinda cool but lol, you need to be ready for that shit.
>>
>>40998081
r/drugs is that way >>>
>>
>>40998067
Well duh this is what happens when you start taking it just because you can.
MDMA can make every night seem like the best night. If you don't keep it special you will end up rolling balls at really shitty situations and think to yourself ''this truly sucks, not fun a at all''

I wonder if 3 months between uses is enough to recover for a good roll.
>>
>>40998056
Hard to say for sure when it will lose it's magic.
For me, it lost it when I felt like killing myself because of a huge crash after a night out and I realized how fake it was, like other anons already mentioned.
>>
>>40998096
nah I always spaced it out +3 months and took it on special occasions with friends at good parties, not some shitty edm clubs or whatever. artificial it feels after a while. You grow out of it like binge drinking when you were 14
>>
>>40998081
>take a line of coke with a junkie friend
>wtf did he mix this coke with
>"haha dude it's DMT"

That night got really weird, really fast. I even have blurry pictures I apparently took when me and that dude chased each other inside dumpsters in some alley
>>
>>40998122
what do you mean it feels fake?
You realize that the experience is not actually SPECIAL and just the drug?
>>
>>40998149
Christ are you 18 years old
>>
>>40998149
It's a hard to describe and paranoid feeling of having a fake happiness veil around you. My mind would rip that veil apart and see myself and people for what we really are, sweaty blabbering drug users, not happy romantic people having the time of our lives.
>>
>>40998167
yes
>>40998176
weell I took it at a nightclub, had a blast, never felt that way before.
There was this one point where we were all leaving and were just at the exit of the nightclub and I felt the degenaracy

I could only think ''holy shit we just gather here to alter our minds with different substances and escape from the real world''
>>
>>40998176
Jesus christ dude, it's a fucking drug, it's like a fucking rollercoaster in an amusement park, not a spiritual session. You take the pill, you have fun and then you go to sleep. If you can't enjoy it then don't take it, but it sounds like you've been taking it for the wrong reason.
>>
>>40998144
lmao

if you snorted DMT then Jesus fuck count yourself lucky. A good dose of that shit by itself takes you out for 15 minutes but it can feel like years.

One of my friends was tripping at home whilst listening to Jimi and he said he saw him alive, in front of his eyes.
>>
>>40998276
not him but have you done anything else besides molly? its totally different from acid or mescaline or ketamine
>>
>>40998348
Yep, have tried many things when I was younger, now I stick to acid every few weeks and molly every few months. Both are just a fun way to spend time with friends, if you're looking for something that will be life changing or whatever, then you probably shouldn't do drugs (including alcohol), because in the end they're not solving any problem, just giving you a few hours of fun time.
>>
>>40998056
>Will I preserve the ''magic'' if I only take it 2-3 times a year
Yes.

>>40997588
>High doses of MDMA have been shown to cause brain lesions in serotonin neurons
Where in your link does it say that? The only mention of lesions are those induced by Oxidopamine.
>>
File: IMG_0590.jpg (192KB, 750x1002px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0590.jpg
192KB, 750x1002px
>>40998345
One of the pictures.
The pavement started moving in complex patterns and the light of the street lamps would fly out in long lines. Another of my friends drove me home while I was puking and thinking I was flying through the galaxy. Went to bed and could feel every single vein in my body pulsating.

Was a weird experience, wont do it again.
>>
>>40996849
Ive starred with MDMA months before ive started lifting...so i cant say how it affected me

Look for a harm reduction guides on the web
>>
>>40998426
>Where in your link does it say that?
You got me, I didn't read it, it's a link from wiki :(
>>
>>40996979
>You seriously need to abuse it and high doses in my opinion.
>in my opinion.

Sadly your opinion doesn't work in science
>>
>>40998800
its very common to be in denial about these things, especially people new to drugs that read up on how spacing it out and not doing too much is ok. it will damage you regardless, even if you trip "only" 6 times a year or whatever
>>
>>40998869
>>40998800

not him but cite your sources then, otherwise you're also spouting opinions
>>
>>40998949
It truly baffles me how some people wanting to do drugs request to be spoonfed information regarding THEIR health. It truly is an embarrassment. If you want to do drugs, do your fucking research and throw away your rose-coloured glasses, you are not a child anymore

Several studies have shown differences in measures of serotonergic functioning between users and nonusers. Two groups have reported decreased cortical SERT binding in ecstasy users (McCann, 1998; Semple, 1999), although there is some question about the specificity of the measurement technique (Heinz, 2000; Kuikka, 1999). Three of four studies have found CSF levels of 5HIAA to be lower in users than non-users (decreased in McCann, 1999b; 1994; Ricaurte, 1990; unchanged in Peroutka, 1987). These differences are consistent with animal studies in which neurotoxic MDMA exposure similarly altered these indicators (Insel, 1989; Ricaurte, 1988b; Scheffel, 1998).

Here thats a good starting point. You go girl

https://erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_neurotoxicity1.shtml

FWIW, my friend is a pharmacist and we went through lots of different drugs, she explaining whats happening and how it would affect me long-term. The studies she sent me werent English and im not gonna bother honestly. Do what you have to. Happy tripping
>>
>>40999104
and just to make it clear, I do it as well. Candy flip this new year. But molly on its own? Or more than once a year? Fuck that
>>
>>40999104

> the few controlled clinical trials with MDMA in healthy volunteers have reportedly not found evidence of cognitive changes

try again
>>
>>40996849
Take a rest day.
Shift today's work to tomorrow.
Don't worry.
Just get on with your life.
>>
>>40999128

Not that Anon, but the fact MDMA has a potentially negative effect on the human brain as been established for quite a while now.

The only questions that remain is: (1) what is the specific mechanism (2) how significant is the effect (3) how much can we realistically get away with using.

I could bombard you with 50 links to studies you (1) won't read (2) will read only to find a single sentence which you'll copy and paste into meme arrows as if it refutes an entire paper.

Side effects can include brain lesions, serotonin downregulation, potentially neuronal death, and general derangement of hormones.

These factors are thought to contribute to mood disturbances, cognitive decline, and a myriad of other issues.

I will post a handful of studies that at least corroborates these claims

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1476-5381.2012.01941.x/full
http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/ben/cpb/2010/00000011/00000005/art00007
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0149763413001127:

Use the drug in extreme moderation, last I heard it was recommended no more than once a month
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.