[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please help me include more awesome exercises in my routine.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: didn't even lift.jpg (48KB, 400x465px) Image search: [Google]
didn't even lift.jpg
48KB, 400x465px
Please help me include more awesome exercises in my routine. What I'm doing right now is

AxBxCDx

A
Squat, Bench, Incline DB bench, Flys, Tricep extensions

B
DL, Bent-over row, DB row, Pull-up, Face pulls, Shrugs, various curls

C
Front squat, OHP, behind-the-neck press, lat raise, front raise, tricep extension

D
pull-up, chin-up, Face pulls, Shrugs, various curls, barbell hip thrust

I feel I've already got most of the best exercises in there. Looking to maybe include romanian DL (maybe at C or D?). What else am I missing out?
>>
What is this routine even supposed to be?

A: Leg, push
B: Leg, pull
C: Leg, push
D: Pull
>>
>>40996895
It's almost exactly (apart from the front squats) the routine of that guy in the black shorts that always gets lots of mires here. You may have seen his pics on here.

I think it's an adapted PPL that has arms in there twice per week. It's pretty swell, I can only recommend it.
>>
>>40996828
Just do SS ffs
>>
>>40996916
Bullshit, starting strength is monotonous with only few of the lots of great exercises there are. Also I'm not a powerlifter, I want to look and feel good, from my experience that's achieved with more volume and greater exercise variety and lower intensity at least in the accessory lifts.
>>
>>40996934
>I want to look and feel good
Implying lifting won't overall make you look and feel good if performed correctly.
>>
>>40996934
Also
>lower intensity at least in the accessory lifts
Why would you perform with less quality and intent on anything other than your main lifts. You're not gonna make it
>>
Can I post my routine and get it critiqued? I'm trying to make a good girl routine.
>>
>>40996962
Doing SS will not give you the proportions generally considered aesthetically pleasing. Too little delts, arms. Also the high intensity gives you fatigue, hurts the joints over time and makes you prone to injury.

I don't want to argue about fitness goals, the beauty is that everybody can have their own. I'm just thinking how awesome for example front squats or face pulls really are and thought maybe there's more good stuff I'm not aware of.
>>
>>40996969
Lower intensity is not lower quality. With higher reps you can focus better on technique, also your joints and ligaments feel nice and mellow afterwards instead of just blown out after maximum intensity. To each their own, I don't want to argue about what I have found works for me. Not with a person that perhaps modestly naively thinks more is better and having a high one rep max signifies I don't know what quality of character. Overall we do what we do to be happy, I have found my routine better for that than any strength-centered routine.
>>
>>40996978
Sure go ahead
>>
>Also the high intensity gives you fatigue, hurts the joints over time and makes you prone to injury.
You're doing it wrong if that's what you experience while you are in "High intensity mode" Unless you're just autisticly flailing weights around with shit form
>With higher reps you can focus better on technique
High reps leads to form breakdown, unless you are performing with a lower weight and warming up
>also your joints and ligaments feel nice and mellow afterwards instead of just blown out after maximum intensity
Constantly performing an action AKA high reps but your joint feel nice?
>I have found what works for me
Why are you asking then?
>>
>>40996998
>Not with a person that perhaps modestly naively thinks more is better and having a high one rep max signifies I don't know what quality of character.
What lmao?
>Overall we do what we do to be happy
Again why even ask kek
>>
>>40996828
>include more awesome exercise
Why? You don't need many "awesome exercises". You need the basics (Squat, Bench, Deadlift, OHP, Row, Clean, Pullups, Dips), maybe something for abs, calves and shoulder health.

Many different exercises just take away from each other. The basics are the best for both size and strength. Unless you have very obvious big imbalances, isolation is just a waste of time and energy.
>>
Sorry, it's long.

A
(glute activation exercises?)
squat 5x5
leg press 3x8-12
RDL 3x6-8
OHP 3x8
db row 3x8
cable pull through 4x12-15
calf raises 4x12-15

B
conventional deadlift 5x5
RDL 3x8-12
split squats/lunges 3x8-12
bench press 3x8
lat pull down 3x8
calf raises 4x12-15

C
squat 3x5
sumo deadlift 3x5
db bench press 3x8
ohp 3x8
row 3x8
lat pull down 3x8
curls 2x10
calf raises 4x12-15

MY GOAL IS A BIGGER LOWER BODY AND BUTT. I know my upper body won't be huge. Thanks.
>>
>>40997032
I'm not asking for a new fitness philosophy or to change my approach and goals. I'm asking for great exercises that I'm missing out on. The big five alone aren't doing it for me.

>High reps leads to form breakdown, unless you are performing with a lower weight and warming up
I don't really know how to "proove" anything over the internet, but I always thought it makes intuitive sense and is almost self-evident that snapping your shit happens mostly under (sub-)maximal load.

>Constantly performing an action AKA high reps but your joint feel nice?
Yeah, kind of like sprinting is harder on the knees than is jogging.

>>40997037
What I mean is that noone gives a shit about your numbers. Again I'm asking about new and fun exercises that are less well-known, not looking for arguments on the "strength vs aesthetics" debate.

>>40997039
That's only partly true I think and in my experience has more to do with how you allocate exercises to days. Reverse flys are similar to face pulls but not the same. If you do both you get a more complete workout, hit more of the total muscle that could potentially be hit. After doing the big exercises, carefully working out all the small stuff individually is quite nice.

>>40997046
So I don't know a lot about girl-specific routines. To me this looks like a good routine already. When do you do A/B/C?
I would definitely add high-rep barbell hip thrusts, it's considered GOAT for glutes, I can confirm that it gives you a nice butt.
Also I can only speak from my personal preferences in a female body but I've seen fit females with shoulders wider or equally wide as hips, that's a turnoff for me. So I'd be careful with that upper body volume. Bench and OHP will give you some bulky upper body, maybe lat raise and DB BP or DB fly will hit the superficial muscles more for a more defined look without that bulky deep muscle mass that adds overall volume.
Also you seem to not be doing ab work?
>>
>>40997046
I'd drop As leg press and Bs RDL, it's too much; especially if those deadlifts are a proper 5x5 across.
>>
>>40997156
sorry, i forgot to say that im using dumbbells for all the upper body stuff. i dont want a big upper body.
ohp just hits more muscles... thats why i thought it was good.

abc is m/w/f

>>40997179
i just wanted to get enough volume. they said two exercises per large muscle
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.