[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scoliosis and lifting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: download.jpg (11KB, 209x242px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 209x242px
Anyone here have/had scoliosis?

I'm 23 years old and now I notice these years wasted away on my computer have left me with a mild case of scoliosis, pretty much from having my right hand extended to the mouse my shoulder slouched down and created a curve in my spine.

I notice when I do squats that my body is not straight (mirror in front of squat rack) and sometimes notice it in pictures.

Can this lead to injury? How do I fix this shit ?
Please help.
>>
>>40996452
Assuming you can maintain your balance and form, you should be fine. I suggest you find a therapist or physician for the scoliosis if you haven't already.
>>
>>40996464

I guess I can, I use things to put on the floor so I can align my feet and try my best to keep form. I also try to to do exercises that hit both sides of my body at the same time so I can force myself to do them equally. I haven't gotten a therapist as of yet, no.
>>
>>40996452
>23 years old
>mild case of scoliosis
Are you me?
I avoid any excercise that puts pressure on my spine and do substitutes instead. Leg press instead of squats and hyperextensions instead of deadlift. Still haven't seen a physician...
>>
>>40996496
I reckon keeping good posture while sitting also might help. In some cases, scoliosis fixes itself, though you best get your spine check out. At worst you might have to wear a brace or get some minor surgery.
>>
File: 1341317421413.jpg (617KB, 2105x1263px) Image search: [Google]
1341317421413.jpg
617KB, 2105x1263px
>>40996542

Forgot to mention the main reason that I've not gone to a therapist is, about 5 months ago I started feeling horrendeos neck pain after waking up and sometimes pain in my upper back when sitting down.

I work in IT and it has me sitting down all day basically, so I started to exercise and the neck pain has been long gone while the upper back pain appears maybe once every 3 weeks and lasts for a couple hours (as opposed to every other day). So I feel like it's gotten better.
>>
File: 1491455140397.png (153KB, 351x351px) Image search: [Google]
1491455140397.png
153KB, 351x351px
>>40996552
If that's the case, then you might not actually have much to worry about other than habit change.

I think you'll be in good shape.
>>
File: 1395109500194.jpg (63KB, 597x800px) Image search: [Google]
1395109500194.jpg
63KB, 597x800px
>>40996606
I hope so, I have some muscle imbalances but I was a skelly starting so I guess it will even out if I keep an eye on it.

I will give it one last bump in case someone who was/is in my situatio will see.
>>
File: lamar-gant-scoliosis.jpg (27KB, 490x388px) Image search: [Google]
lamar-gant-scoliosis.jpg
27KB, 490x388px
>>40996452
>Anyone here have/had scoliosis?
The all time world record holder in the deadlift at 123 and 132 weight classes.
>>
>>40996452
i also have scoliosis. you can squad and deadlift but only with proper form. if your body is not straight during squads/deadlifts you are probably progressing too fast with your weigths. try to deload and do progressive overload, just not as fast as on SS or similar programs. deload everytime you can't kep your body straight. and the mist important tip: don't do egolifting
>>
>>40997708
*most important tip
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.