[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Injury Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: o-LOWER-BACK-PAIN-facebook.jpg (180KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o-LOWER-BACK-PAIN-facebook.jpg
180KB, 2000x1000px
Can we get an injury thread going? I'm a veteran lifter, at 6 or 7 years now, however I've had 4 of them plagued by lower back pain which, despite going to about a dozen physical therapists and following their programs religiously have done nothing to help. I feel like it's worsening every day, I stopped deadlifting a few months into the pain, squatting 2 years ago and even had to give up bench a year ago because it was aggravating my back. I have lost about 50% of my gains (peak was 200 lbs at 14% bf, now at 175 lbs 16% bf), and am in constant pain. Lower back injuries are extremely common, probably like a 30-40% chance you will experience them if you lift, does anyone have any remedies? I was diagnosed with a herniated disc 3 years ago, but that doesn't really mean anything since they're supposed to heal after a few months. At this point I don't think I'll ever squat or dead lift again but even being pain free would be amazing.

I've also had a few other injuries I could perhaps help people with
>>
>>40996424
Lifting cured my back pain, build up deadlift very slowly and dont 1 rep
>>
>>40996451
And film your form, dont let some guy say its good
>>
>>40996457

yea i did that back when i first started getting it and posted it here and on /r/fitness and got nothing but "looks good". I can't bend over now so there's absolutely no way I can deadlift. This is the kind of shit advice that fucks people's lives up
>>
>>40996424
I found that before when I was having back pain what helped me a lot was taking the time to work on some shoulder mobility and releasing tension in my upper back and from the sciatica. A lot of my pain was deferred pain because something was strained elsewhere and I never took care of it until it started hurting my lower back.
>>
>>40996474

what kind of shoulder mobility did you do? I have started to have upper back problems as well which I assumed were from my lower back breaking down and forcing my upper back to compensate
>>
>>40996486
get a lacrosse ball and a gemini roller. You place your feet up on the wall and use the ball by placing it along your lats and the upper sciatic and glutes as well and roll out the tension. For shoulder mobility you take the gemini roller and put it parallel to your spine in the meaty portion between the spine and scapula. You let yourself rest on it for a bit adjusting to it first then roll your arm from your side in a circular motion as close to the ground as you can get it clockwise a few rotations then back counter clockwise. After get up and bring your arms above your head straight up and see how far you can reach back and up. Should free up your mobility and it got rid of a lot of lower back pain.
>>
>>40996515
OK thanks, I already have a lacrosse ball and I used to roll out 20 minutes a day but never really helped, however I did focus on my hips/glutes/hams, not so much upper back at all. I will try it
>>
>>40996424
I've had lower back pain for years. Combination of lifting, military service, and working hard manual labor. When I get home from work before I go to the gym I do various stretches for the lower back I've found online. I've found this helps a lot. Besides that I drink heavily, smoke weed after the gym, and just bear the pain at work. A massage once or month or so is god tier too. I'm afraid you're going to have to get used to it because there's no magic fix I'm aware. Take comfort in all of your joints that don't ache yet and stay away from the pills, I know too many guys who have gone down that road and it never ends well. Good luck and if you ever find a better method for relief be sure to post it on here because I could sure use one.
>>
>>40996424

Snapped my back like 4 times, no discs damaged tho.
Its the same pain every time, i can't move around without immense pain for like a week after it happens, then it goes away.
I think my spine is kinda twisted and if i go too heavy on the deadlifts a nerve or something gets fucked.
Stopped with the heavy deadlifts, so i'll never achieve my goal of pulling 5pl8.
Being healthy and being able to move without pain are more important in live.
>>
>>40996424
>>40996535

Had back pain from lifting, I figured if I fucked it because of gravity and added weight, the only way to unfuck it is from stretching the spine, and the only way to do that is to hang upside down.

Fixed my shit in a few days using an inversion table. Give it a try, and stop ego lifting.
>>
File: IMG_0661.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0661.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
You're a huge pussy OP. Back pain is a part of life. Like most people, your pain probably isn't nearly as severe as you think it is

Regardless, the only way to fix it is through deadlifting. You need to strengthen the structures around it. No amount of physical therapy or surgery is going to do that for you

So stop being a pussy and go lift. Your form is probably shit too so don't even reply to me unless it's with a link to a video of yourself deadlifting so we can see
>>
Been going through this for a month now, haven't been to the gym because I've been scared I'd fuck my back up even more. Stretching makes my back better temporarily. Haven't been to a doctor yet because I'm away at college
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.