[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What kind of tricep exercises do you do? I fucked up my right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 250px-Triceps_brachii.png (47KB, 250x252px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Triceps_brachii.png
47KB, 250x252px
What kind of tricep exercises do you do?

I fucked up my right elbow a few years ago and now when I do my tris it pops and after a few sets it hurts like shit for a few days. Doctor says to lay off it, I didn't do anything serious with it for about a year, and I'm trying to get back into routine and its hurting again. What can I do?
>>
You might not like my answer, but try doing exercises that don't hurt.

In case of injury, listening to your body might not be such a bad thing to do.
>>
>>40991353
But ive tried all I know and they all start hurting. Is there a way to slowly strengthen my elbow?
>>
>>40991336

If light weights don't hurt you can try blood flow restriction training.

If only a certain part of the range of motion hurts avoid it and do partial reps.

Band pushdowns and overhead tricep extentions using bands are usually better for your elbows than weights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQzRjEknA3A

Is your injury "snapping triceps"/ulnar nerve subluxation?
>>
>>40991511
>Is your injury "snapping triceps"/ulnar nerve subluxation?

After googling that it sounds like what I feel. Pain on the back of my elbow going down my arm. Shit I guess ill try some low resistance bands then.
>>
>>40991575

Try to get some ART (active release technique) treatment done. Except for surgery I think that's the only thing that can help you with snapping triceps.

Combine the light resistance band training with blood flow restriction to make it much more effective. The increase in growth hormone it produces might help your elbow heal as well.

http://www.bfrbands.com/products/bfr-bands/

https://www.edgemobilitysystem.com/collections/the-fitness-collection/products/the-occlusion-cuff?variant=23278647939
>>
>>40992009
Hey thanks man, seriously.
>>
>>40991336
Same here OP. I fractured both my elbows last memorial day and have since "fully" recovered but they're still making popping and cracking whenever I do skull crushers or pushups. I feel your pain
>>
Bench press
>>
>>40992375
Have you done anything that mitigates the pain? I found that putting an ice pack on right after the popping starts helps greatly. It only hurts after the ice when I'm driving with my right hand only and have to turn the wheel at an odd angle.
>>
>>40991405
you can always try theraband and resistance band rehab work.
it feels like a waste of time but it helps if you do it a while
>>
>>40992558
It's only noticeable midway through a set, especially at higher weights. It tends to be on the sharper side, and is mild for about 5-10 minutes after. It frustrating because as soon as I feel a pump I get worried it's gonna snap the next rep
>>
>>40992617
Damn, with me it happens after about 3 sets or so and sets in the next day. It usually lasts about a week whenever I move my arm.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.