[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

mental gains thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

a little /fitlit throwback
what are you reading right now /fit?
im currently reading the stranger by albert camus.
what books would you recommend to someone who really doesnt read much like myself?
>>
>>40991293
The Communist Manifesto.

The Swoletariat have nothing to lose but their gains.
>>
>>40991293
Keep reading the French existentialists and absurdists. Good ones to move onto if enjoy that sort of thing are Dostoevsky, and the nouveau romain movement which includes Beckett.
>>
The Stranger is a great novel, something all men should read. I would avoid Sartre if I were you, unless you relate well to ranting pessimists, hopped up on adderal. I prefer thinkers who tear things down, in krder to build them up again. The stoics, and Nietzsche are great daily reads.
>>
>>40991541
Talking about beating a dead horse...
>>
>>40991717
Nietzsche requires being insanely, profoundly, broadly etc well read. If you're having difficulty reading anything from Finnegans Wake you probs aren't ready for the Neech.
>>
>>40992017
If you're that well read then reading "The neech" will be more like reading a petulant navel gazing cuck instead of the illuminating brilliance that highschool children see it ass.
>>
>>40991293
Neuromancer and Starship troopers

>tfw neuromancer is one of the most mainstream and widely read scifi-cyberpunk novels
>im currently at some part where there in some rasta space colony(?) where theres all sorts of gravity fuckery and i have literally no idea whats going on
>too dumb to read mainstream genre novels
W E W L A D S
>>
oh great. am autist reading the stranget. a book about some faggot who feels nothing so he shoots a random sand nigger for no reason except
> muh sun in muh eyes
how long until you go on a gym shooting spree with that lodged in your back pocket?
>>
File: IMG_1334.jpg (949KB, 2115x2920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1334.jpg
949KB, 2115x2920px
>>
>>40992037
Actually agree desu
Neetshe's moral philosophy is pretty good stuff and no doubt requires knowledge of those before him, but beyond that the dude just isn't that good of a philosopher.
>>
>>40992145
Describe his moral philosophy. What interesting insights have you had into that specifically other than it's good?

>>40992037
If you think highschoolers where wowed by Neech you must have been one of those edgemasters back then. The pleb interpretation of his work is not inspiring at all.

The guy was pegged to be an army officer, was in a drinking and fucking hedonist society, and was one of the most talented and radical academics of his time. Somehow tho people of your ilk imagine him an autistic lonely virgin with ideas at your pleb level that you could cut yourself on.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.