[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Work out Routines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

Is this a good workout routine for a guy 5'7 guy that's 158 lbs looking to gain up to atleast 175 lbs eating atleast 3000 calories a day?
>>
>db rows 5x5
>btn overhead press
>triceps 3x6 curls 8x6
>chin ups 3x8
not enough volume on db rows (who the fuck does 5x5 db rows?), btn ohp is snap city, 2x more biceps volume than triceps, not going to failure on chin ups. if you're just starting it's not that terrible if you do more db rows (4-5x8-12 is fine), swap btn ohp for something else, increase triceps volume, do chinups to failure and probably swap lat raises too unless you study the proper technique on youtube
>>
B
>>
>8x6 curls

so 15-20 mins just for biceps ?

NO
>>
File: acromions.jpg (23KB, 525x225px) Image search: [Google]
acromions.jpg
23KB, 525x225px
>>40990282
>>40990430
>>40992108

So, I'm the one who made OP routine.
I recommend doing chin-ups everyday, but never to failure; this is what I do for back volume.

Curls as 8x6 bc they're superset with everything that comes after the pulling of the day (db rows/chin-ups), until all the sets are done; afterwards I superset triceps ext with whatever I'm doing. These are done this way not to waste time with arms isolation, but do whatever you feels like best. Also, you should do more than one curl variation. Sometimes I do lat raises as warm-ups for the press of the day, and would never go heavy on these - it's merely accessory work and should be done that way.

> who the fuck does 5x5 db rows?
Simply linear progression, if you haven't heard of it...

>btn ohp is snap city
Meh... most people who train mobility will be able to do it safely. Only people with bad coracoacromial configuration (~15%) or bad mobility will snap their shit doing it. Anyway, those people will fell a sharp tingling pain when they do their btn ohp, which is a clear signal to stop doing it. Pic related, type 3.

>2x more biceps volume than triceps
There are 2 compound pressing movements everyday, besides extensions. Therefore, there's much more triceps engagement then biceps, t b h. If you're not feeling your triceps when pressing, you're doing it wrong, btw.

All in all, I'm getting nice gains doing this. Still dyel bc med intern routine cucks me up every other week.
>>
>>40993169
So you're a dyel who makes workout routines for people? Why not just get on a real routine? What makes you think you have the knowledge and experience to actually make a good routine? What's your working weight on db rows? Show me any good bodybuilding routine or athlete that advocates low volume high weight on db rows. Also, report back when you snap your shoulders.

>There are 2 compound pressing movements everyday, besides extensions. Therefore, there's much more triceps engagement then biceps, t b h. If you're not feeling your triceps when pressing, you're doing it wrong, btw.

You're ignoring the biceps engagement on rows and chinups, but compunds should be disregarded when it comes to biceps/triceps volume in a routine especially with such low volume (as shown by the countless victims of the ss/sl meme). If you dont see any arms progress then increase triceps volume and see how it goes. Overall the routine is low volume but the volume is fine for a beginner for the first couple of months.
>>
dumb routine IMO
what you train on each day should be different so that your muscle groups get to rest

both days work biceps, triceps, bench, etc. The only difference is that A day has squats and B day doesn't have anything with back.

TLDR: some muscles groups are worked too often but with very little volume
>>
>>40993988

I'm assuming he means AxBxA but regardless his routine isn't that great.

Way to many curls. Has chin ups 3x8 instead of weighted 5x5. You don't need the btn ohp or the cg bench press that's just unnecessary especially if you went heavy enough on the first 3 5x5's and deadlift 1x5 on day B.

Other that that looks okay. I'd also consider swapping out one of the accessories for calf raises unless you dont care bout chicken legs.
>>
Switch 5x5 to 1x5+4x10 if your goal is muscle growth
>>
>>40993169
Oh lord, it's an armchair lifter who thinks that because he got an A in his physiology class and read some Layne Norton articles or similar (not disrespecting Layne Norton, he is very knowledgeable) that he's more knowledgeable than world class lifters who have been lifting since before he was born.
>>
>>40993971
>So you're a dyel who makes workout routines for people?
Nope. I've made it for myself and asked for some opinions into it. I'm just giving OP some input on how the routine is going for me...

>What makes you think you have the knowledge and experience to actually make a good routine?
No need to talk like that. It's based of ppts adv-beginner routine with some arms/shoulders isos mixed, thinking of arnolds golden six. Pretty darn obvious exercise selection btw.

>athlete that advocates low volume high weight on db rows.
I do not know any. Lee Boyce offers great input on DB rows, and I thought I should try some. I've done 32kg db rows today, which is the max available at gym. Got to go back to barbell/cable rows now.

>You're ignoring the biceps engagement on rows and chinups
Neutral grip...

>compunds should be disregarded when it comes to biceps/triceps volume
That sounds reasonable. I'll keep it in mind, in case I notice my tris are lacking.

>Overall the routine is low volume but the volume is fine for a beginner for the first couple of months.
True that. What I'm focusing now it's getting my numbers up, after months without going to the gym. Arms isos bc my wingspan if lmao6'7 @ 6'5.

Then again, OP routine is a routine I've made for myself, not for beginners in general. My main concern is doing a routine that 2-3 days would be enough, bc of short schedule, and would allow me to reach 1/2/3 by the end of the year (yet see how that goes)
>>
>>40994112
That sounds like projecting.

OP pic is literally I routine I put up for myself and posted on routine r8 the other day. BTN ohp input is just basic medical semiology info (Patte test).
>>
B
>>
Just started lifting, mostly doing SS with a couple extra accessories. I do curls at the end of my workouts to get some extra JOOSE at the very end. I was wondering since I do T/TH/SA on ABABAB if I should switch out curls on either A or B for tricep extensions or if it'd even be worth it since I'm already doing stuff like benching, OHP, and pendlays on both days.
>>
File: huh.jpg (316KB, 1300x1300px) Image search: [Google]
huh.jpg
316KB, 1300x1300px
>>40990282

what is this like AxBxAxBx?

>bench, curls, and ohp every day.
>so much volume
>this routine would take me over two hours

whats the point
>>
>>40995857
This is bait right...?
>>
>>40990282
Will you ever fucking learn?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.