[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT - The thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 29

File: 1488058649094.jpg (193KB, 600x923px) Image search: [Google]
1488058649094.jpg
193KB, 600x923px
No noob thread? Guess I'll start one

I'm benching and I'm hitting 3/5 of my reps with good form at 1 pl8, should I just keep doing my 3/5 bench and keep trying to get 5/5 next time I bench? Or should I lower it down to 130 to hit that sweet 5/5 reps. Which will help me develop more strength?
>>
>>40989287
Drop the weight
>>
File: Phisics101.png (14KB, 1394x916px) Image search: [Google]
Phisics101.png
14KB, 1394x916px
Hey fit, physics time! My gym has the pic related cable machine. How much of the indicated weight am I actually lifting?
>>
What do you fellas eat your tuna with? Are normal crackers safe?
>>
what's a good high calorie meal i can start making?
>>
>>40989518
Usually, a fork.

>>40989546
High cals? Pretty much normal food. Good, it depends. Do you need high protein, high carbs, certain specific fats?
You could do a bunch of chili. If you add bellpeppers, it has proteins, carbs, good fats and vitamins from the veggies.
>>
>>40989588
Sweet, thanks.
>>
Is there any reason to not eat like 400g of protein in a day?
>>
Is 1500 calories a day too little? I want to lose weight 1-2 pounds a week to avoid loose skin and I currently weigh 240 at 6'1. I also work out every other day.
>>
>>40990005
The smell of your farts. Also, the total kidney failure it would most likely cause. And you'd either be on a big big surplus, or lacking carbs and fats.

>>40990023
Don't go under 1500. It's still quite extreme, try not going under your BMR (should be at about 1600~1700) as a rule of thumb. And eat enough proteins.
>>
>>40990023
http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html

3,500 cals per pound

-500/day = 1 lbs per week, -1000/day= 2 lbs per week, etc.

You should be able to eat more than 1,500 and lose 2 lbs per week.
>>
when should I add weight to my chins?

I can now today, @BW
>1x10, 1X6, 1x5
in that order
>>
File: FOOD.png (99KB, 941x1102px) Image search: [Google]
FOOD.png
99KB, 941x1102px
>>40990066
It seems like my kidneys are working OK so far. What should I drop? I guess I can cut the chicken in half and add a carb to dinner? Rice or sweet potatoes or something?
>>
>>40990068
Wait till you can do at least 3 sets of 12.

>>40990115
You're overeating 1000cals on your goal, is that on purpose? If not, drop everything above your goal. 260g proteins is still a lot (I mean assuming you have a somehow normal physique, but I assume that if you were Arnold you wouldn't need advice from fit).
On the other hand, if you can handle this diet, keep at it. You'll prolly gain some fat, but your muscle synthesis will most likely be optimal.
>>
>>40990180
The goals are all fucky on that site and I'm too lazy to change them, so it's on purpose. My TDEE is about 3350, and I'm aiming for about 0.5 lbs/week, since I understand that's about as much lean mass as you can reliably add.
>>
>>40990204
This seems like a bit TDEE, but as I said, if you're fine with it, go for it! If you realise you're putting more than you should, drop the cals!
>>
>>40990265
I'm 6'0 195 and exercise 13 out of 14 days. 4 days a week lifting, 2.5 some form of cardio.

So should I swap some protein for carbs or fats or something?
>>
>>40990278
Oh so indeed it's prolly right. If you feel "foggy", add carbs. I'd say if you eat the right fats it should be enough.
>>
>>40989499
help

i'm going through a horrible breakup and feel no appetite at all, the sole sight of food disgusts me

haven't lifted in a week either, i'm losing all my gains
>>
>>40990772
Get some willpower. Don't be a little bitch.
>>
>>40989287
I have a 7 day pass to a gym (PureGym in the Birmingham, UK area for any Brti/fit/s)

How best do I make use of the 7 days?
>>
Are deadlifts and shrugs enough to build a thicc neck?
>>
>>40990799
Thanks anon that was very easy, i just got some from ebay
>>
>>40990925
Open mouth. Insert food. Swallow food.
Stop bitching around. Know what you what and act in consequence.
>tfw expecting psychological support from a snail racing Indonesian image board.

>>40990806
Depends on your goals. X day split, and cardio on off days.
>>
Tried switching from conventional to sumo
I had to deload by 25 lbs and I have glute DOMS for once, is this normal
>>
Best bench for a shoebox apartment? Ideally something that packs away well.
>>
>>40991270
>X Day split
Sorry?

I run already, so I guess it's babies first weight lifting. Generally just work my upper body
>>
File: usplabs-jack3d.jpg (139KB, 740x800px) Image search: [Google]
usplabs-jack3d.jpg
139KB, 740x800px
Is this still effective without the DMAA? Thinking about buying it
>>
I have been fat for all of my young adult life. Never was able to be fashionable with clothes.

At what weight can I wear good looking clothes if I am 6 feet tall? I am 284 pounds and I used to be 307 a few months ago
>>
I've read the sticky and it only seems to recommend strength programs, but strength is not my concern. I want to go for aesthetics. Can sommeone recommend me a good beginner program for aesthetics?
>>
>>40989515
100lbs
>>
>>40990180
>Wait till you can do at least 3 sets of 12.
thanks lad
>>
>>40991357
Shits gay. Buy this
>>
File: bh14-3.gif (64KB, 316x576px) Image search: [Google]
bh14-3.gif
64KB, 316x576px
What is the purpose of such a thing as this?
>>
>>40991507
It won't kill you should you bitch out.
>>
>>40991480
guess what you gotta do to look like you lift
guess what you gotta do to look athletic
>>
>>40989515
depends on the transmission efficiency and leverages
>>
>>40991481
Unfortunatly I know for a fact that it's less. I tried to put more than my weight, and do a pull up. I can't, right when I stop touching the floor, the weight is lifted...

>>40991480
The separation between strength and aestetics isn't that big. If you're a newb, do SS or SL to get a hold on the various lifts. When you'll have a decent strength, you'll be able to bench for aesthetics. But right now, benching less than the bar would be pretty pointless...
>>
>>40991439
>>
>>40991526

That actually makes sense. Being able to bench to failure without risk of crushing your neck sounds like fun.
>>
>>40991556
Ok, it's 50kg.
I don't see a force amplification.
>>
>>40991532
Let's admit that there is no resistance from the pulleys. I just need to find the equivalent weight I should use when doing the same exercise on either this cable machine, or the more simple cable triceps push down.
>>
What is brapposting
>>
>>40991592
So it just cuts the weight in half! Thanks a bunch, great help to track progress!
>>
>>40991652
Shit, now i see it, there should be a reduction, you get roughly twice the pull length by halving the wight.
Should be actually around 50 lbs.
>>
Are rowing machines (magnetic) worth the money?
>>
Hey lads,
I need some tips on TM while cutting. I started my cut today, I peaked this week and I'm planning to start my cut on a 10% deload on all lifts.

First of all: Is this a good approach?
Secondly: If not, should I start a different program? (Rip doesn't recommend TM on a caloric deficit but I wanna hear other opinions)

My stats:
SQ 167.5 kg 1x3
BP 95 kg 4x4
DL 175 1x5
BW 85 kg

I understand that my lifts may be too low to allow for a cut, but regardless I need to lose some weight.
>>
>>40991619
BRRRRRAAAAAAAPPP
>>
What is this sips meme?
>>
Does working out or cutting calories increase your sexual stamina? Not in terms of cardio but like lasting longer. Since i've started working out and dieting I last way longer without cumming. Is it the diet or the lifting? I'm on a 1000 kC deficit.
>>
My GF has muscular legs but a flat ass. She just recently started lifting but I'm afraid that if she will do a lot of squats that she will enter T-Rex mode. So is there a way for her to get a thic round ass without training the legs as much?
>>
Working out increases libido, cutting lowers it.
>>
>>40992315
i just really enjoy felxing my muscles and looking in the mirror as I fuck, gets me off easier
>>
The sticky says that "abdominal exercises rarely make a difference in how you look" However I see people being recommended to work their abs in some cbt threads. Is 'abs are made in the kitchen not the gym' just a meme?
>>
>>40992753
they are made in the gym and shown in the kitchen

do those knee raises anon
>>
Is getting test supplements expensive?

I was injured in a car accident over two years ago, and I haven't been able to lift until recently. Depression caught up with me, along with being over 25, I feel like my sex drive and overall tenacity have taken a nosedive.
>>
Im having 2 problems
1: bending forward too much during high bar squat
2:cant breathe into belly (its easy when sitting)
>>
>>40993314
how can i fix these?
>>
>>40993146
you probably don't have a test problem, just a depression problem
fix the depression first

>>40992311
a lot of hip thrusts and teach her to use her ass more instead of her hamstrings for hip extension

>>40992262
no kcals, but caffeine and pretty tasty so yeah

>>40991507
this is basically to really test your stabilising in the movement, it will bake your bench a lot more stable when used correctly

>>40993314
Omar has a recent vid I think about the highbarsquat thing, the other is just a lot of practicing with low weight
>>
What is /fit/'s recommended ULxUL routine?
>>
File: cYy0UTE.jpg (234KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cYy0UTE.jpg
234KB, 1920x1080px
Is it normal to stall on bench when your 1rm is ~1.2x your bodyweight?

I'm currently 200lbs and my 1rm is 240. I keep stalling on my working sets (around 215x5) and it's really discouraging. Is this normal? I always get depressed as fuck after I stall, which is happening a lot recently.
>>
A friend and I started a new arm/chest/back regimen at the gym last night. We did a few things last week that resulted in DOMS. We were hurting, but the pain went away quickly. Since we're in the waiting period for pain, my friend wants to go lift again before the soreness strikes. I find this to be a bad idea, but he doesn't. Is it ill-advised to workout in the wake of yesterday's workout?
>>
File: Untitled1.png (1MB, 978x998px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled1.png
1MB, 978x998px
How to get this body?
>>
Im going for all you can eat sushi tomorrow. What do I get that I can consume a fuck ton of and not be a fatass?
>>
>>40992753
Horse shit. They are probably more than enough when you squat heavy. Heavy being 3 plates or more. It is not enough for abs with our little dyel weights sorry. I have recently started hitting them slightly harder and have had noticeable size increase. I have began doing core work after the first and last session of ss
>>
>>40993768
Spicy tuna roll. Literally spicy raw tuna and little bit of rice. If it is a good sushi place the tuna will make you cum it's so tasty. One or two drops of soy sauce and tiny bit of wasabi and hello mouth.
>>
>>40989515
It's a 2:1 pulley system, so 50lbs. A good way to check is to see how far the weight stack moves in relation to the cable you're pulling. With that setup you should see the weight stack move half as far as the cable.
>>
>>40992753
>Is 'abs are made in the kitchen not the gym' just a meme?
Yes and no. If you want abs, you have to get your bf% low enough for them to show, but ab exercises will help. That being said, it's a good idea to do some ab exercises anyway since having good core strength can really help with things like OHP and squats.
>>
this is so dumb but pls help anyway

i want to improve my squat, and i need better shoes.
Currently im training with 2 year old nike runners or something and they provide no support at all.
I've tried training with converse but honestly it doesn't provide much support either, i don't feel good squatting in them so must be a meme.

I'm very weak, I don't squat much, so I don't want to get some really obvious oly shoes or something. Because i don't want to stand out at the gym, or for people to think im some loser who thinks I need shoes like that for really light weight squats... :(

I saw this guy wearing like reebok, red and black, mesh kind of shoes.. They looked good and he was squatting 3 plate. But I couldn't find them online, because I think they must have been an old model that they don't sell anymore.

So anyway, suggestions on shoes good for squatting, but that don't look too ridiculous with straps and crazy shit everywhere, but ones that still provide a lot more support than just converse....

> TLDR; good squatting shoes that don't look too crazy

Also ps im a girl if that makes a difference
>>
>>40992210
There is no reason to deload just because you're cutting

Don't reduce weight unless you can't do it or your form is bad
>>
>>40994463
>ps im a girl
Go ask this on reddit

Shoes dont fucking matter at all, do it barefoot if your current ones hinder you somehow
>>
>>40993507
Pls help my dudes
>>
>>40994463
Nike metcons work(but not the best shoes), dont get flyknit, because those are soft. That said, oly shoes are still better for squatting, but whatever you want.
>>
Just started lifting again after a few years. Decided to start over with SS and work up. My second day I did overhead press, dips, and power clean. It was definitely not a heavy weight, but it's been a while since my body exerted that stress.

The next day, my upper back has this strange pain around the spine whenever I move my head around. Should I be worried, or have I forgotten what doms feel like there?
>>
Started cut yesterday and decided to try going up 5lb in squat(255). I got 3 reps and the rest of my squats were pitiful, 250x3 then 230x4. Am i just a pussy or should i just deload? Trying for 3x5
>>
Im on an extreme 1200 per day cut, but tomorrow i have a special even in which i will eat 1 chesseburger with fries and 2 pints of beer.

My estimates say it would be about my daily expenditure all in one meal. Would it be ok for me to not eat anyhitng during the day and then eat just that?
its just for one day
>>
>>40995031
You will be fine as long as you're thinking long term.
>>
>>40995273
calories must die, THEY MUST BE ELIMINATED
>>
>>40995031
You should fast from now until you take your first bite. Drink a lot of water so you don't retain a fuckload of it when the alcohol tries to hold onto it.
>>
what is the maximum a cut can stall before deciding its time to strict up the calories.

is a 3 week stall acceptable?
>>
like, is it possible that even tough im doing my cut right the fat is being turned into water as is described in this article:
http://100down.org/the-whoosh-effect/
and im gonna lose it all at once?
>>
You guys got any tips to get rid of backne? I used to not have any but they started coming in and now I have those darkened spots as a result of it. Worst part is a few started coming in my chest.

How do I stop this /fit/ will I need to get laser treatment?
>>
DYEL here
If all squat racks are full, should I ask to work in even if they're squatting a shit ton more than me?
I feel like it would just be inconvenient.
>>
>>40995610
>>40995631
nigga thats bullshit, if you didnt lose weight in a week you aint lost fat. period
>>
im currently doing an hypertrophy routine, meaning everything is 10 reps, is it ok to increase the weight in this one or should i go to a strenght routine to increase weight and then go back to hypertrophy once i stay on a given weigth
>>
File: bench.jpg (50KB, 620x726px) Image search: [Google]
bench.jpg
50KB, 620x726px
I have a bench like pic related. do i do squats facing the bench or away from it?
>>
do beer and cigarettes kill gains?
>>
>>40996025
beer makes you fat and hurst your liver
cigarrete clogs your veins with shit and takes away your boner and takes away from your cardio capacity.

but they dont directly kill your gainz if the above doesnt interfere with your training
>>
>>40995952
Can't do squats with that. You dun goofed.
>>
I sometimes see protein blends of WPI, WPC and casein. Are these worthwhile?

I know whey is faster digesting than casein, so I'm wondering what the difference is between blending them together vs using them separately.

The inclusion of WPI slightly increases the protein content over WPC without a significant impact on price (in fact sometimes they're cheaper than plain WPC), but the cynic in me wonders if this isn't just an easy means of getting rid of floor scrapings by throwing them together and slapping a fancy label on it.
>>
File: IMG_0030.jpg (201KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0030.jpg
201KB, 1080x1920px
Question:

Took a year break, came back and my squat is the one lift that suffered the least. My torso suffered a lot more atrophy, why is this? I never had particularly strong legs ever and I didn't do anything but walk in my year hiatus.
>>
>>40995952
facing like any rack you retard,
>>40996070
How do you figure?
>>
>>40991286
Yeah I think so. You probably weren't activating them with conventional. I know this is a qtddtot but damn.
>>
File: squat-stand-300x300.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
squat-stand-300x300.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
>>40995952

Can't squat in that. You need to be able to get right between the stands to squat, so you can get the bar mid-foot before taking the load. The bench and those support bars at the bottom are right in the way, and the stands are way too close together.
>>
>>40991319

Any folding FID bench should suit. Just try and get one with wheels so you can pack it away easy. I've got one without, and that would have been a bit of a regret if I'd really planned on tucking it under the bed. Trying to slide something along the floor when it's specifically designed not to slip during use is a fool's errand.

Trade off is that they generally can't take as much weight as a static flat bench, so keep an eye on those specs.
>>
>>40996119
Because you magically can't unrack a weight with your feet six inches back. I used to have a bench like that and I squatted using it regularly. I definitely suggest making some safeties if you don't have any though. I used 2x4s and plywood, will run you $20-30.
>>
>>40993768

Sashimi, all dat broton fuck yeah.
Avoid anything with fat fuck amerikunt sauces.
>>
>>40994788

Might just be a crick in the neck? But I don't want to dismiss anything to do with neck pain without knowing what exactly you're feeling.
>>
>>40996175
>Because you magically can't unrack a weight with your feet six inches back.
You can, but you fucking shouldn't.
>>
>>40989515
you're lifting the amount of weight indicated on the piece of iron, it is corrected for the pulley system to tell users the effective weight
>>
>>40990023
also 6'1", i was 244 9 months ago

caloric deficit of ~500 a day and in the gym every other day with smart cardio and basic lifting

now 198 with nice noob gained muscle of, i don't know, maybe 8-9 pounds so i melted ~55 pounds of fat

no skin sag or wrinkle at all
>>
>>40990115
>so far

!

what the hell is wrong with you?
>>
im 85 kg 173cm According to this:

https://tdeecalculator.net/result.php?s=metric&g=male&age=28&kg=85&cm=173&act=1.2&f=1

my daily Tdee is 2200 for sedentary

i have a 30 minutes bike ride to college and back which i do quite quickly and some parts are uphill. I can safely assume that to be 300 (including both trips, right?)

also, i can count each lifting session as 100 cals lost, right?

is this the right data to make my cut?
>>
>>40991439
>>
>>40991746
if you use it

rowing is good cardio because of the upper body element most cardio doesn't have
>>
>>40995610
cuts don't stall, if you run a deficit you lose fat.

recheck your tdee and stop increasing your intake
>>
How bad is my routine? Routine check please

A: bench, ohp, hammer curls, squats
B: pull ups, chin ups, pendlay rows, triceps pushdown
C: cardio and abs

I do CACBCxx CACBCxx. Is the routine going to promote any inbalance? Is it safe? Is it good for gains?
>>
>>40996285
It's CACBAxx CBCABxx sorry
>>
>>40996283
>if you run a deficit you lose fat.
yes but weightloss can stall, or are you saying this article is false
http://100down.org/the-whoosh-effect
>>
File: 2LatUgp.png (84KB, 283x239px) Image search: [Google]
2LatUgp.png
84KB, 283x239px
Ab wheel recommendations? Will something cheap like pic related to the job?
>>
>>40996384
just do planks fucker
>>
Question number one: Does any of the 2K-3K kcal diet plan take in to account activities? Like walking to/from work or exercising?
Question number two: Can anyone recommend a good (not riddled with intrusive ads) food diary/meal/calories tracker for Android?
Question number three: When buying protein, what do you need to keep an eye out for? Are there one that are just better than the others or just go for the cheapest one, since all of them are pretty much the same?

Thanks in advance to someone who answers.
>>
>>40996392
why not both breh?
>>
I have a training program that has things like "30 min run @ 60% effort".

Presumably I should work out my 100% effort speed and work back from there, so what's the best way of doing that? Also, how often will I have to re-calculate my 100% as I improve?
>>
>>40994509
>>40992210

I said that I'm deloading because I just peaked this week.
>>
Is this too many exercises in one day?
squat 3x5
sumo deadlift 3x5
db bench press 3x8
ohp 3x8
row 3x8
lat pull down 3x8
curls 2x10
cable pull through 4x12-15
calf raises 4x12-15
>>
Will writing down my current weights help progress or is it going to mentally limit me ?
>>
>>40996945

As in your lifts or what you currently weigh?

If it's your lifts, keeping track of progress is a must.
If it's your physical weight, it's also pretty important just to know whether you're making progress or not, but it's up to you whether it's helpful or not.
But whatever you choose to track, it's up to you whether you pay attention to it in the long term or whether you only use your previous workout/week's progress to measure up against where you are presently.
>>
I have a 7 day pass to PureGym (UK)

I haven't been to a gym in years. My only exercise is running. I am skinny fat.

How best to maximise my use of the pass?

It'd be a 3 mile journey there, so could bike or jog it as warm up and cool down, and cardio.
>>
File: 1483833364467.jpg (421KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1483833364467.jpg
421KB, 800x800px
I was planning to start cutting once my bench, row, and squat all hit 1pl8. For reference, I'm 5'9 and 200 lbs (yes I know I'm a fat fuck lmao not even 1pl8).

Does that sound like a reasonable plan considering my weight or should I wait longer? I'm not out to get laid or anything here but my manboobs have been getting on my nerves since high school.
>>
>>40997206
trade it in for a 4chan pass and READ THE STICKy
>>
>>40997011
As in my lifts. When im done with a session i write weights/sets/reps but i think this pre-written weights thing holds me back from trying to put on some more weight because i have in my mind that i lift lets say 100 ill just do 100
>>
So I found a routine I like online and someone told me I should split it into upperbody lower body and cardio, should I do this or should I just do the entire routine every day? he said something about muscles needing a rest to grow properly
>>
>>40997261
The sticky is talking about long-term.

I'm talking about what to maximise a week
>>
Just dropping by to let you guys know I got 6 months subscription for a gym and am going for the "first" time today evening.
>tfw it's a fancy gym and everyone is wearing some super-expensive gymwear and shit
>I am poor as fuck and only got my old hoodie and worn sweatpants plus some old running shoes
It always makes me feel so inferior. That and the fact that Im a massive, shy dyel. Grant me strenght to stick to it this time, I never fucking made it for more than a few months of on and off lifting before giving up and I've started like 4 times already.
>>
>>40996356
>are you saying this article is false?

yes

"whoosh effect"?

cut is a verb, running a deficit to reduce fat

weight change is a result and is effected by more than the amount of fat in your body such as increased muscle mass or water or how full your intestines are

thus, small variations are totally normal

trends over time, though, are directly caused by changes in the amount of the big changeable parts of your body, the fat and muscle, it is not caused by fat cells that "whoosh up" with water

this "article" makes broscience look smart
>>
>>40996945

it will mentally energize you

you have IDed a problem and decided to take action

as time passes you will read the objective evidence that you are in control and that your actions bring to you to positive results

---> confidence, feelings of control over your life

apply these feelings to other aspects of your life

then join /fitizens who are disgusted by posts that begin "i have the autism", " i have crippling social anxiety", etc
>>
Cutting for the first time, I'm 5'6'' and 155lbs. What kind of weight loss can I expect from 400cal deficit and what would be the ideal rate for macros?
>>
>>40997206
>How best to maximise my use of the pass?

1. enjoy trying the new experience
2. ask for some guidance and a little instruction
3. look around and pay attention to see if the place and atmosphere reach your expectation (instead of feeling out of place, as so many here seem to when new to lifting)
>>
>>40997546
not him but i think his point is that you're not going to get anything out of 1 week of exercise
>>
>>40997586
>It always makes me feel so inferior.

see >>40997648
point #3
>>
>>40997517

Oh pre-written. Yeah, I'd say give yourself a little leeway if you think you can do more. I generally write down my targets just before a workout, based on my previous numbers and how I think I'll do, and at the end I make a little note of whether I think I could have done a lot more or if it felt a bit dicey. So like next workout if I've barely slept and my previous session was a bit dicey, I'll know to not be a hero, or if I feel fine and my last session felt too light I'll challenge myself etc.
There's more that goes into what you can lift than simple linear progression. Sometimes you'll have had a breakthrough in your form that'll push your lifts ahead of schedule, sometimes your diet and sleep has been better or worse, sometimes it's a hormonal thing where you just perform better or worse.
As long as you're making overall progress and keeping a sharp eye on your form, go for what feel doable (within reason).
>>
How the fuck do I stop being afraid of fucking up my form?
I watch squat videos for hours on end and all the time while at the gym I cant seem to know if Im doing all this shit right and I am only growing more and more scared of going to snap city and stop increaseing my wights.
>>
File: 1477304955708.jpg (900KB, 3108x3986px) Image search: [Google]
1477304955708.jpg
900KB, 3108x3986px
>>40992311
glute bridges and lunges.
>>40993526
There are plateaus that are common for many. I stalled at 125, 185, and 200 on various lifts. Once I break through that plateau i can keep going. Seems like you are hitting one of your plateaus. Add in more volume at like 80-95% 1RM.
>>40994463
shoes dont matter until 405 lbs.
>>40994788
always been gentle with your neck, but if you did power cleans its probably just trap doms.
>>40994967
if you cut your lifts will decrease. We cut for pussy not gain.
>>40995666
dont roid, check for dairy allergy, and shower after every workout.
>>
File: 1462818044158.jpg (977KB, 2485x3727px) Image search: [Google]
1462818044158.jpg
977KB, 2485x3727px
>>40995880
switching between hypertrophy and strength routines dont need to be as hard line as you make it seem. Do 2 days of strength and one day of volume.
>>40996088
you walked, hence your legs maintain muscle growth as you use it every day.
>>40996252
the 30 min bike ride will be the deciding factor, dont try to count calories from lifting.
>>40996285
Not that great. OHP and Bench are both pushing and will directly conflict with each other. Whichever one you start with will reduce your ability for the second one. If you want do one day with bench first then second day do OHP first then switch each week. Not sure what muscle group you are trying to hit on B day. Do tris on chest day.
>>40996384
I think any type works, the one i use was 8 bucks from tjmaxx and works great.
>>40996398
1. walking to work unless more than from your car isnt worth keeping track of. Not sure what diet plans you are referring but probably not account for exercise.
2. Cant help on that.
3. I believe in using grass fed and organic cows for whey protein, as well as free range chicken and other sources. I do believe if the animal was healthy the protein is better.
>>40996805
maybe try considering effort as equal to max speed. Do 60% of max speed for 30 min. I dont run much but im trying to help ya.
>>40996927
yes, you will be exhausted after deadlifts.
>>40997540
muscles build the day after a workout. Workouts break down the muscle then the body rebuilds it bigger and better. Hit muscle groups 2-3 times a week but let them rest a day inbetween to grow.
>>
>>40997546
You should use that week to get over the fear of the gym and become familiar with equipment. Hopefully you get a full gym membership in future.
>>40997642
Very little weight loss, macros for weight loss should always be protein>fats> carbs.
>>40997819
film yourself and/or go slowly. Accept that life has dangers and you will face them.
>>
At what weight for deadlift and squats should I use a belt?
>>
>>40998505
405 and above. Dont be that dyel using a belt for 95 lb squats.
>>
Could I get a form check?

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thYUAiHIHYk
>>
>>40998534
405 for deadlifts AND squats?

Also I'm having trouble with squats. I'm a lanklet who's toes point outward pretty significantly.
How far apart should my feet be and what angle should they point out?
>>
>>40998559
405 for both, the belt reduces ab strength and can then be a crutch later, you want to go as long as you can without. For stance, cant help much. You have to find what is comfortable and works.
>>
>>40989287
>squatted on friday
>outside of the knee started to hurt once I got home
It's gotten a bit better but it still hurts sometimes when I just do a body weight squat.
How2fix
>>
I've read that there was some research suggesting that artificial sweeteners might mess with gut fluora, nothing conclusive though. Would taking probiotics, be it just yoghurt or supplement counteract that?
>>
If I've gained ~10 over the past 2 months but my waist has only grown an inch, is that a good sign of making muscle gains or am I just getting fat again?
>>
>>40998627
Ice pack, rest and make sure you are squatting correctly.
>>40998691
yogurts good for gut.
>>40998699
seems like a good indicator of muscle gain.
>>
is intermittent fasting worth it if I'm consuming the same number of calories? I know calories in vs out but all of the IF articles mention weird shit like hormones and insulin levels and metabolism benefits
>>
Is it true that flexing and holding a muscle for a while can actually increase the muscle's size? I doubt it can produce strength gains since there's minimal resistance, but there's also no ROM. Any thoughts?
>>
I'm off all week and not doing much and I'm worried about overeating from boredom. any advice for this? I feel like I'm absolutely starving when at home and getting through the day eating the right amount requires insane will power, but at work I'm not hungry all day
>>
>>40998958
Just try to drink alot of water. Whenever I'm hungry and gotta wait for the next meal, I just sip on water.
>>
Is the difference between SS and SL just that one ix 5x5 and the other is 5x3?
>>
>>40999094

SL has rows instead of cleans too iirc (SL fag here)
>>
>>40996283
This is horeshit. You will not stall but weight will stair step for most people. Mine stated the same for two weeks once them proceeded to drop 3 lbs at a .5lb a day interval. Weight loss is not linear. It can be but more than likely it won't be
>>
Would switching to dumbbells when you plateau on barbell bench press then switching back to barbell when you plateau on dumbbell be a good way to keep making bench gains?
>>
how can i tan and be tanned most of the time? i've heard beta-carotene doesn't work well. thanks in advance. about to reply to some questions itt.
>>
>>40997613
anyone else thinks the whoosh effect is false?

it basically says that as you lose fat it gets replaced with water and then suddenly one day you expel all that extra water, so you could lose a lot of weight suddenly in a diet
>>
>>40998441
>the 30 min bike ride will be the deciding factor, dont try to count calories from lifting.
but that calorie estimation is kinda ok?

so calories from lifting im negligible? im asking because my cut is kinda extreme im aiming at 1200 cals and i dont want to undereat because excersise makes me have less than 1200 cals avaivable per day
>>
>>40999386
so in your experience, could it be possible that i stay at the same weight for 3 weeks then suddenly drop a lb or two?
>>
>>40992221
thanks
>>
what is brapposting
>>
File: 14741368865.gif (703KB, 1060x1053px) Image search: [Google]
14741368865.gif
703KB, 1060x1053px
For how long should I stick to a newbie strenght program (SL/SS) as a skinnyfat?
>>
File: 1491617384239.jpg (81KB, 501x747px) Image search: [Google]
1491617384239.jpg
81KB, 501x747px
How do I make perineum injuries heal faster?
>>
>>40999931
until you stop making consistent linear gains
>>
File: restingeasy.jpg (360KB, 710x508px) Image search: [Google]
restingeasy.jpg
360KB, 710x508px
What do you guys do between sets? The program I'm following recommends 4-5 minutes between each but even sitting here taking up the machine for 2 minutes feels dickish.
>>
File: 6.jpg (82KB, 420x574px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
82KB, 420x574px
howdy

i might be doing work over the summer that involves installing cabinets. as you know cabinets can sometimes be pretty heavy. my problem is that im pretty small and also pretty fuckin weak. for example, when moving i dread having to move beds, dressers, and wardrobes cause i know i am at my absolute limit moving those things around even with the help of my dad. my dads 50 years old and doesnt have a lot of muscle and he fairs much better than I do. so my question is, what can I do to to make myself better at heavy lifting? there is one condition though, i dont have access to weights or anything. should i just pick up and put down random heavy things in my house? do a lot of push ups? im not sure and I need ideas, thx.
>>
>>40999762
I was cutting at 1000cals and stalled for two weeks. I don't see why 3 weeks would be a stretch. It seems like sometimes a break in the diet can end the stall. Either a real lo cal or maintenance day or two. Idk about woosh effect but I know weight loss doesn't happen linearly that's for sure
>>
>>41000216
Tinder
Learning Python
Zone out
Stare at gym bunnies
>>
>>40996398
Bump.
>>
>>41000216

Browse /fit/ or youtube.

>sitting here taking up the machine for 2 minutes feels dickish.
That's why 'working in' is a thing (alternating other people doing their sets during your rests when there are no vacant machines).
>>
what kind of oil should I use on my barbells and barbell bearings
>>
>>41000425
Semen
>>
>>41000425
olive
>>
ate a lot today
like 5k calories
still hungry
should I just eat whatever I want for today because its already fucked and recover the next weeks, atleast ill get this out of my system
>>
accessories for OHP? Stalling at 90lbs right now and really struggling on my last reps
>>
>>41000598
the amount of cals over you eat today is how many less you should eat tmr. stop now and you can still have a good dinner tomorrow.
>>
Can you get back to heavy lifting after dislocation a shoulder, especially with OHP and all?
>>
What does GOAT mean
What does GOMAD mean
What does sip mean?
>>
>>41000683
greatest of all time

gallon of milk a day

shitty monster energy drinks
>>
>>41000683
Greatest of all time
Gallon of milk a day
It's a meme (energy drinks)
>>
I want to buy a zinc supplement as I hear they're good for libido and other things... Can someone recommend one or tell me the difference between the various types that seem to be available?
>>
I just burned +/- 2k calories for doing cycling. Cycled for about five hours.
Do I eat the usual 2.5k today or can give myself some more?
>>
Planning on cutting for the first time, I'm 5'6'' and 155 lbs. I've never counted calories or macros but I just recently came to realize how much of a fat fuck I'm starting to become.
Online TDEE calculators tell me that my TDEE is something around 2700-3000 for working out 6 times a week, can this be true? Seems kinda high because I'm dyel.
Also, how big of a deficit is it safe to go for to lose fat but still keep muscle?
>>
>>41000842
>I just burned +/- 2k calories for doing cycling.
you did not burn 2k calories from doing cycling.

post your rationale and we'll demolish it please
>>
>>40998940
>Figured out that this is called "isometric contraction". I see some claims that it genuinely adds a noticeable difference. Can anyone vouch?
>>
>>41000842
>I just burned +/- 2k calories for doing cycling
and I just burned 5k calories by masturbating
>>
>>41000425
3 in 1 oil. Pic related
>>
>>41000842
this anon is totally tripping balls and will probably get fat because hes clasically, as normies do, underestimating calories eaten and overestimating calories burnt?

but is this :>>40996252
>i have a 30 minutes bike ride to college and back which i do quite quickly and some parts are uphill. I can safely assume that to be 300 (including both trips, right?)
estimate true?

i mean, cycling for an hour at anything thats even remotely refered to as normal pace hast be 300 cals, or am i overestimating too?
>>
>just moved to a new place
>none of the doorframes will allow me to use a pull up bar

What the fuck do I do? I'm losing gains here.
>>
>>41001409
go to a gym or find a tree
>>
>>41001409
go to a gym you idiot, dont look for le ebin hipster self made snowflake home alone routine.

just do what everyone else does

if you think you cant
think why you think you cant
realize youre wrong
and put more effort into it
>>
>>41001431
I'm a NEET. I've been making great progress with my home workout, and pull ups where the only thing I needed equipment for.

I've legit gone from 1 pull up to 10 in 5 months and lost over 40 pounds.
>>
>>41001431
how does going to a gym help him do pull ups at home?
>>
I am on lithium carbonate and clonazepam and Vyvanse. Does taking in caffeine of any kind affect the effects of those meds
>>
>>41001446
whatever your goal is, you can do it better at the gym
>>
>>41001446
wow, whats your routine my dude?
>>
>>41001514
Well the fact that you're taking bipolar related pills which are usually downers to mellow the mania and you're adding Vyvanse an upper and adding caffeine also an upper, yeah both of those are gonna cause problems with many side effects happening and overloading your body.
>>
>>40989588
Is chilli really that high calorie? A cup is like 300 calories. And 2 cups of chilli is enough to make me super full. I would almost call that cutting food.
>>
Exercises to strengthen hip flexors?
>>
Knee pain, mostly below the kneecap, patella tendon if I'm reading the knee diagrams correctly. Knee goes super weak and shaky when putting pressure on it eg, stairs, sitting down. I've been doing simple quad stretches and it gives me pain relief for a few minutes. My activity up to this point was rock climbing and I had just started squatting, I have stopped all activity since it started and it's been about 3 weeks.

What's wrong anons and how can I fix it.
>>
>>41001600
hip flexes 5xmax
>>
Is Vyvanse or caffeine pills more subtle and less side effect heavy for a good energetic boost?
>>
>>41001865
You mean legit just flexing your hip muscles?
>>
File: tumblr_nldt7gl2jZ1tk8kc7o1_540.jpg (116KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nldt7gl2jZ1tk8kc7o1_540.jpg
116KB, 540x720px
Can someone please summarise the main points of how to squat well? I am scared about fucking my knees up.

I can squat around 120kg, which I normally do ATG. However someone told me I shouldn't do that because it puts pressure on your ACL or something.

Since then I've tried squatting until my hips are roughly in line with my knees, but I find that it hurts my coccyx a bit to do this.

I have never really thought about my foot placement/direction of how wide my legs are, so maybe it is to do with that.
>>
how would your weight change as a beginner if you eat maintenance and start lifting weights? will it increase from the muscle being built? decrease since you're exerting yourself? or stay the same despite exercise?
>>
>>41002339
no i was just messing with you.

here's a nice list:

http://www.exrx.net/Lists/ExList/HipsWt.html#Hip

enjoy
>>
How do you know when it's time to move on from SS? What numbers should I be hitting, 1/2/3/4?
>>
File: 1476461611845.jpg (187KB, 854x871px) Image search: [Google]
1476461611845.jpg
187KB, 854x871px
>>40990904
>Are deadlifts and shrugs enough to build a thicc neck?

Made me think of pic related.
>>
>>41001446
Routine?
>>
>>40993741
Lift heavy objects and take steroids.
>>
Is 225 considered a good squat weight?
>>
What's a good work out to do at home? Pull ups and pushups?
>>
>>41002339
let me knwo which one of these you choose
>>41002397
>>
>>41001600
Leg lifts lying down, hands under your butt. You can add ankle weights if you have them.
When those get easy start trying to do L-sits. L-sits on parallel bars really make me feel it there
>>
>>41001713
Bump
>>
Just starting to work out, Someone said that i had to wait 2 minutes between exercises so...

if my routine is to do 3 sets of 10 pull ups, and 3 sets of 10 push-ups. I have to do 10 pull ups, wait like, 10 seconds and do anoter 10 pull ups and so on until i finish the pull ups. Then wait 2 minutes before starting with the push ups. right ?
>>
>>41002791
Get a barbell and bench, and start lifting weights. You need the progressive overload, which you are not going to get from pullups and pushups.
>>
I almost always lift/run close to bedtime. I ran four miles shortly after breakfast today and still feel exhausted two hours later. Is this normal?
>>
Can I make SS work if all I have is adjustable dumbbells?

I have a pullup bar too if that helps any.
>>
>>41004660
You can put together a decent routine but you can't do deadlifts or squats without a barbell.
>>
>>41004797
Any clue on what kind of routine I'd be able to cobble together? Deadlifts and squats seemed pretty important.
>>
>>41004845
I'm curious what kind of circumstances make a gym membership or ordering more gym equipment not worth it to you. Assuming your dumbbells weigh about 50 lbs, you won't be able to press any higher than about a plate, which is a low ceiling for benching. I also forgot to mention you can't powerclean with dumbbells either. Rows are possible, but again low ceiling.

If you're really stuck I'd look up as many dumbbell exercises and routines as you can. You can do lateral raises, one arm rows, lunges, curls, etc.
>>
>>41004946
I'm curious if SS is even the right program for me. I've been on/off really awkward weight lifting for the past year and a half. I don't know if I'm still what SS would consider a beginner or not. My body looks like shit, so I would I should just honestly get some discipline and stick to one program.
>>
File: IMG_1931.jpg (676KB, 1740x2812px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1931.jpg
676KB, 1740x2812px
Ok lads help me out. I've been lifting for a year and have noticed since forever that I store more than average amounts of fat on my chest. Even when I used to be leaner when I could see some of my abs, my chest still had no definition.

What's the solution? Hit chest more? Lose more bodyfat? It's really embarrasing, I'm somehow pleased with the rest of my body, just the chest is making me never want to go to a beach or take my shirt off.
>>
>>41007168
lose weight
>>
>>41000609
Bench... incline dumbells, lateral raises, front raises. Lay face first on an incline bench and row some dumbells keeping the emphasis on your rear delts. Explode at the end of your reps on OHP. Jerk. Dips. Chest flies. Micro load on your ohp with all the clips. That's all I got.
>>
>>41007168
Lift heavy faggot
>>
>>41007168
i really hate to be the bearer of bad news but you have gyno. your chest is always going to look like that unless you get surgery. it'll get more muscular but around the nips you'll always have that fatty boobish look to it.

you can either cry now and give up or keep going, but always remember it could be worse.
>>
>>40998574
This guy is right but if you're really going ham on your deadlifts pulling 3x5 into the 315 range you can use a belt. Better to have a crutch than be on crutches.
>>
Is maxing out once a month retarded?
>>
Hey fit! I want to learn one handed push ups, but I'm afraid it would hinder my recovery. I'm Doing PPLPPLX, mixing power days and hypertrophy days, with a total volume higher than PHUL.
When should I train for one handed push ups (I already can do 3~5), and how much?
>>
>>40993741
Cut off your legs
>>
>>40989287
Drop the weight, up the reps back to 5. More volume (3 vs 5) equals more gains.
>>
>>41007276
A belt won't keep you from getting injured or snapping your back you cunt
>>
is 15 minutes a day on an elliptical enough to get a fatty started? my cardio has always been my worst.
>>
>>41009447
This would amount to at most 100calories burned. Good for your heart, but pretty much useless if you don't change drastically your diet.
>>
If I keep cutting will my stubborn fat eventually go away? I look very lean everywhere else. Will my muscle just wither away and my stubborn fat remain? I feel like it's never gonna go.
>>
>>41009804

what if I couple it with cardio days and weight lifting days? would that be sufficient to start making chance (i.e. I just want to be healthier and a bit more tone)
>>
>>41009447
It's a start. Try walking or light jogging around your neighborhood. With a friend it can be really fun and you're much more likely to stick to that.

But as the other anon said, your diet is much more important than exercise when it comes to weight loss. It's simpler to not eat that tub of ice cream rather than try to burn off 1000 calories.
>>
>>41009983

and of course the diet would change
>>
>>41000871
Bump my question from yesterday
>>
>>41009983
>>41009996
You'll be healthier. You won't be toned up. As >>41009989 said, the amount of calories you consumes to get fat are way WAY above the level of what you can possibly burn with exercise (I mean it's possible to burn 1000cals in a 90 minutes run, but you won't be able to do it everyday).
So exercise AND change your diet. Emphasise on the later. Count calories, that's the best way to go.
>>
>>41010069
Calculate your TDEE without including the workouts. Unless you're doing heavy cardio, you're not burning that much with resistance training alone.
When you have your TDEE, drop 500cals. Weight yourself everyday. If during the course of two or three weeks you feel like the deficit is wrong (losing too much or not enough, not counting the first few days where you'll loose water), then reajust.
>>
>>41010190
Without including the workout it brings my TDEE to 1900-2100. Doesn't that seem a bit low? 1500 calories a day?
>>
>>40995610
As you lose weight you'll need at adjust your diet for your new BMR and TDEE. On my first cut I didn't readjust my diet and I "stalled" for two weeks because of it. Then I realize that because I've lost almost 20 pounds I need to readjust the calories and everything.
>>
>>40997237
You can start eating at a deficit while lifting because you're new and overweight. Once your lifts stall while doing that is when you can decide between cutting or bulking.
>>
>>41000425
Snake
>>
>>41001401
300 calories for an hour of cycling sounds about right. It's probably a little more if he's uphill and not coasting as much
>>
>>41010240
Not low, normal. I'm 5'9, 140, I work out 6 to 8h per week, and my TDEE is about 2300cals. Including the workouts (I do weight and cardio). I got that number over one year of gathering data on my weight variation and calorie intake.
So on a cut 1500~1600 calories isn't low.
>>
>>41010494
Thanks anon, reassuring to hear because I've been experimenting with eating around 2000 for the past few days and haven't really felt hungry at all
>>
File: IMG_20170402_130233950.jpg (4MB, 3006x5344px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170402_130233950.jpg
4MB, 3006x5344px
Bulk or cut?
5'10 77kg/169lbs
I think my bodyfat percent is about 20-21
>>
File: 1390802943604.jpg (64KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1390802943604.jpg
64KB, 633x758px
>>41010084
>>41009996
>>41009989
>>41009804

just did 15 minutes on my ellipitcal. Was so fucking hard, my chest was uncomfortable around the 5-8 minute mark but became manageable afterwards. Kind of normazlied now, but I'm sweaty as all fuck. I-i-it gets better right?
>>
I fucked up my wrist falling out of a tree 8 days ago, how long should I wait before I start lifting again? It was a really bad sprain.

It still hurts to stretch my wrist, I tried doing some pull ups yesterday but stopped after about 3 because I could feel some slight pain in my wrist.

Should I just wait until there's no pain in stretching it, or would I be safe to do a lighter load workout? I've gone a week without doing anything and I feel like I'm losing all my gains.
>>
>>41010640

Better to wait. I fucked up my wrists and tried lifting once and it made it so much worse. Couldn't lift for 3 months.
>>
super vague question here, not expecting a definitive answer, just want to get some opinions

I'm going to an all you can eat chinese buffet (mandarin) later, paid for by a friend so I cant back out

How many calories would you say are in a typical all you can eat buffet session? I'm going to aim for things like the fish, plain chicken and go light on the sugary/oily sauced stuff

Maybe a better question is, how many calories do you think you can eat in a typical trip to the buffet?

I'm not cutting or anything, but I certainly do not want to overdo it
>>
>>41010560
Keep bulking, the long-term result is worth it.
>>
>>41010758
I'm cutting rn
>>
>>41010530
Hunger isn't fully related to calories. You could at at deficit and not feel hungry at all. Or you could eat 10 000cals and feel hungry still (I know I could, on the course of a day).
>>
>>41010570
It will. Try to increase the time, to, so that your body adapts to harder stimulus.

>>41010754
I know for a fact that a such venues I can eat easily 5000 cals. It's kinda impossible to evaluate really. Limit yourself to pure proteins if you can (no carbs). But you can prolly eat 3000cals without noticing it.
>>
>>41010690
Shit that's what I was afraid of. Thanks for the advice guy
>>
>>41010560
Eat sligthly bellow maintenance with high protein. You'll loose the belly AND gain muscle.
>>
>>41010754
Eat like garlic chicken or beef and vegetables. Literally just meat with veggies. Don't scoop to much sauce and you can pig the fuck out for under 1000cals. Think about a plate full of spicy garlic chicken. It has some shredded chicken and vegetables. Pretty low cal. One day won't make or break you anon
>>
>>41010886

no prob. I was so fucking rotted. Just starting lifting that summer and I went and fucked it up. Downward spriled into nothing. If you're really worried though maybe consult a professional. I can only offer my opinion.
>>
>>41000425
Frog lube.
>>
http://natashaskitchen.com/2010/11/06/moms-adjika-recipe-a-russians-pesto/
How unhealthy does this look?
>>
I have a herniated disc in my lower back area.

Can I substitute barbell squats with dumbbell squats?
>>
Am I calculating this correctly? I'm using myfitnesspal but the numbers seem pretty high for a shake
200g of oats: 660cal
2 bananas: 220cal
2 scoops of whey: 147cal
3dl of milk: 138cal
250g of fat free curd: 170cal
+ some water
Total 1335 calories
209g carbs
18,9g fat
137,6 protein
??
>>
>>41012257
I think you are using the wrong oats in MFP, you may have picked one of the ready made oat entries that include sugar, milk and other items already. You need to pick the raw/rolled oats.

200g raw oats should be around 250kcal.

The milk seems fine assuming it is semi-skim or full fat milk (2-4% fat).
>>
>>41012257
Sounds right, my raw oats come in at 700 calories
>>
>>40989287
I'm not hungry. But at the same time feel really unsatiated.

I have been off from snacks for a months now, aside from the occasional one once every other week, but ohterwise been on a calorie deficit.

What can I do? Maybe because I haven't eaten meat the whole day?
>>
Squatting is starting to hurt my hip flexors a lot. Would replacing squats with deadlift 3x5 3 times a week be too much? I'm going to do hip flexor exercises in the mean time to try and keep myself from getting injured when i come back
>>
Hi /fit/. I want to ask a question. I go to gym 3 times a week and mostly it takes about 1 hour. I do full body workout because I go 3 times a week. I am 78kg and 180cm. I don't want to become huge but I want to decrease my bf%. What should I do? Is my full body workout plan is enough?
>>
>>41013266
Full body is good, eat below your TDEE and make sure you get enough protein
>>
>>41013694
How much protein do I need?
>>
>>40990772

I was in your situation about 10 months ago. I just waited until I could eat again. Didn't lose many gains, maybe about 3.2 gains.

Remember to go gym anyways.
>>
I've just started lifting, about 6 weeks in of gym every day. I'm 5'10 and 151-152 lbs, but total skinnyfat mode. Will cutting to bring down my body fat % effect my gainz? I just don't see the point in eating so much to build muscle if I have fat to lose.
>>
What's an effective number of reps per body group? Is 5x5 flat bench + a 3x10 Incline enough for chest?
Also I kinda need a good routine for pull day. Don't really know what I'm doing honestly
>>
The fuck does DYEL mean?
>>
I'm having a bad cold, everything hurts and I have no motivation to get out of bed. What can I do to improve recovery?
>>
>>40989287
is it possible to make good bench progress with dumbbells?

im up to 80 lbs dumbbells 4x6 and it feels like my left clavicle is going to fucking explode every time, for some reason. im thinking its time to move to barbell bench but im too lazy to go to a gym.
>>
I am doing SS and want to pick up some arm accessory lifts. I am going to pick up skull crushers and am not sure what to do for biceps. What type of curl would you recommend for biceps?
>>
>>41018364
Maybe no one knows what it means, just use it to annoy you.
>>
Just started using chalk. Any difference with liquid chalk? Any recommendations for brand?
>>
>>40989287
Hello, this is my current routine, i've been doing it for a long time switching it with similar routines, im sure you'll say its shit but here it goes:

Day A
30 minutes cycle to college (where my gym is)
bench press 3x10 (current weight 70kg)
incline press 3x10 (current weight 50kg)
lying down dumbell flies 3x10 (17,5kg dumbells)
planks 3x40 seconds
side plank 3x40 seconds
30 minutes ride back

Day B
30 minutes bike ride to college
pullups 3xmax ( i usually do 7-5-5)
assisted pullups 3x10(i use around 40kg assist)
lat pulldown machine 3x10 (50kg)
planks 3x40 seconds
side plank 3x40 seconds
30 minutes ride back

Day C
30 minutes bike ride
dumbell military press (12.5kg dumbells)
dumbell side raises (10kg dumbells)
dumbell front raises (10kg dumbells)
squats 3x10 (only the bar see explanation)
deadlift 3x10 (only the bar see explanation)
planks 3x40 seconds
side plank 3x40 seconds
30 minutes ride back

Some important points:
-My stats are 173cm 85 kg, my goal is to cut and mantain as much muscle as possible.
-Im on a 1200-1500 cals diet, which usually results in a deficit of about 700 cals.
-Im working trough a lower back problem and the doctor forbid me from doing squats and deadlifts with any significant weight, i just do them with the bar to practice my form while im at it. That's also the reason i have ab work, it's part of the therapy
-I dont isolate biceps or triceps because i hit them enough with the compounds.
-I aim for 10 reps because thats what i think as hypertrophy. I try to improve my lifts but they are kinda stalling at the posted rates.

What tips do you have for me? im sure youre gonna shit all over this routine, do you think it can be fixed? should i start with another routine? should i switch to lower reps? remember that i have those lower back issues that don't let me do squats (for the moment) and the bike ride is inevitable for me because thats the only way i can go to college.

Thanks in advance for any tip
>>
been doing ss for ~3 months 5'9" 145lbs
dl: 200/squat: 185/bench: 100/ohp: 75
do these numbers make sense or am i doing something horribly wrong
>>
Is it necessary to train for core stability in addition to a programme based around compound exercises? If so; in what way? (planks? crunches?)

I've been working up to 3,5pl8 DL, 2 pl8 squat and 1,5pl8 OHP. I find that good form is more important than more weight. I also don't feel like I need additional work to better my technique but I might be wrong.
tl;dr, my technique is okay
>>
>>41021082
>necessary
for what?
>>
>>41021174
for improvement of course;
Could also rephrase to "are compounds enough for training core?" if that helps.
>>
>>41021210
>for improvement of course;
what do you want to improve, be more specific
size, strenght,aesthetics, endurance, performance in a particular sport... etc
>>
A lot less weight with perfect form or more weight with a little bit of cheating in last reps in biceps curls?
>>
is bulking on keto worth it? im not lifting yet because i have a lot need to sort out [spoiler]long time r9k robot in coma-tier cocoon mode, etc[/spoiler]

i really want to do keto as i find my emotions are much more stable but i keep hearing that bulking on keto is just bad

i have a misaligned spine so i need to see a chiropractor get adjustments before i start lifting again, but i did in the past

also i lost 30 pounds in like 4 months, im trying my hardest here
>>
>>41003580
Typically you rest between sets anon. So do 10, rest [time], usually a minute or two, do another ten etc
>>
>>41021489
its not optimal, and hard to get surplus calories on keto. unless you dont mind taking shots of coconut oil to meet your calories.

it also kills my strenght and stamina in the gym when im on keto. i'd treat keto as a fat loss diet only.
>>
>>41002446
i moved on after 4 months. get on a ppl program its harder than SS but it gets results.

it'll take you close to or over a year to get 1/2/3/4 if want to avoid getting fat
>>
>>41017486
if you just started lifting it wont mess with your gains
>>
where do i cop some fit minded friends?
Been lifting for 3 years now, had gymbuddy to start with but he has moved to a different country now

gym that I go to is the only one within 75 miles and full of low tier people, I am the only one there who even touches the squat bar
>>
Gf has always had quite large thighs both in quad muscles and some fat. I was wondering what exercises should I suggest her doing to develop them glutes but also to avoid hitting the quads too hard? I was thinking stiff-legged deadlifts or good-mornings
>>
Guys, I'll have to start putting in a few extra hours at work every day. My workout is currently 40-60 every other day depending on what parts I'm working on. Would it be possible to get away with doing 15 mins every day, and only one exercise? For example, Monday bicep curls, Tuesday pushups, Wednesday rows, Thursday dips, and so on? Can I expect decent gainz™ that way?
>>
>>41000234
Bodyweight yo
>>41019636
Try some chinups if you have access to a tree or something, plus pushups and dips for the chest and triceps.
>>
Is it better to do 4 sets of 25 pushups, 2 sets of 25, or one set of 100/until failure?
>>
>>41022215
(for growth btw)
>>
So I'm at 5'8, 140 pounds, maybe 13% body fat, is it possible to get to 180 pounds and 6% body fat?
>>
>>41022215
To grow muscles, do a set of push ups every so often, and do a percentage of your max, so if you can do 100, do 25-30 every couple of hours
>>
>>41022353
Erry day?

So say 30 every morning, again at lunch time and again before sleep, with no days off? Sorry for being dumb but how does that work?
>>
>>41022377
For actual like diameter of your arms idk if it will work 100%, but you will become stronger for sure. Plus, with pushups you only really get tired for a few minutes. You can probably try getting a back pack filled with concrete and do push ups with that to make your muscles bigger if you're a poorfag like me. Plus, pushups won't grow your arms too much since the tricep is mostly embedded in the arm.
>>
>>41022478
And yes, every day.
>>
>>41022478
>>41022487
I do crucifix pushups to embiggen my chest, tris I do with freeweights and dips. Why do I not need a rest day for growth?
>>
>>41022487
I'm sort of basing it on the Russian pushup program, but I'm sure you don't have the time to drop and do pushups every hour
>>
>>41022515
I was assuming you were just doing regular pushups, you should be fine with resting every other day.
>>
>>41022523
Ok, cheers!
>>
>>41022557
If you want to, I'd suggest you go on creatine, since it helps with recovery and building muscle
>>
If im cutting and hit all my macros but still have 200-300 calories left, what do i do?
>>
>>41022684
Eat a bowl of white rice, 1 cup has about 200 kcal
>>
>>41022723
does it matter that i am getting the extra carbs though?
>>
Stalling on every lift. Even moving backwards on squats. Is it time to eat more? Cutting at 2kcals. 6' 170lbs
>>
>>41022749
I don't know, it's better than eating under, since you won't get lightheaded or something
>>
>>41022772
it could be due to not enough recovery, are you getting enough sleep?
>>
anyone with torn pcl ?

should I be careful when I squat 2 pl8 if I got a torn PCL ?
>>
>>41022792
Yea should be at least 7.5hrs I was hitting a platue then deloading for couple weeks in a row now I can't even hit that platue anymore. Doing ss but I had to change it up so it looks more like grayskull
>>
File: The true goal.jpg (31KB, 450x632px) Image search: [Google]
The true goal.jpg
31KB, 450x632px
M: upper body workout
T: swimming
W: Lower body workout
T: swimming
F: Upper body workout
S: swimming
Sunday : rest

So doing like this, will I make it ? or should i do swimming + lower body wkt ?

pic is goal
>>
Will girls think you're weird if you don't use social media much? I have a Facebook account and Instagram with a bunch of people I went to highschool with on it, but I don't make statuses and update the Profile picture much.
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.