[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the craziest thing you ever saw happen in a gym?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 55

File: 9fOG9nl.jpg (108KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
9fOG9nl.jpg
108KB, 1920x1200px
What's the craziest thing you ever saw happen in a gym?
>>
manlet let to work in with tall guy
>>
black guy shouting "KUNTA!" between reps
>>
Some guy with a bar on his back that looked like he was trying to sit for about 12 times.
Crazy commitment tho
>>
>>40986280
Thid dude did a weight up. I was like damn
>>
File: IMG_1067.jpg (120KB, 454x418px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1067.jpg
120KB, 454x418px
I was in the gym on Wednesday and some fuccboi was sat on the only bench doing curls. I said are you using the bench and he said yeah I will be.
Mfw he used it for skullcrushers with no weight on the bar
>>
File: areyoucereal.png (348KB, 480x343px) Image search: [Google]
areyoucereal.png
348KB, 480x343px
>wild ultra-manlet pajeet appears
>does couple kipping pullups on bar at cable station
>suddenly climbs on top of it
>jumps down
>repeats previous 3 steps once and leaves

Never saw him again
>>
>>40986280
I almost passed out. Was going to make a thread about it but I thought I might as well say it here. I did my standard 10 minute cycling warm up and went to go do some squats. After I completed the first set my vision went hazy and I felt like I was going to pass out. Stumbled out of the gym area and went into the disabled bathrooms and lay on the ground. I thought I was having a stroke or something, so I unlocked the bathroom door in case I passed out. 5 minutes later I was back on my feet feeling fine again

Any idea what the fuck happened to me?
>>
File: IMG_0480.jpg (25KB, 343x347px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0480.jpg
25KB, 343x347px
>working at gym
>navy guy walks in
>does a 10 minute treadmill jog for warmup
>goes to the weight room and grabs a curl bar
>puts .5pl8 on it, no clips
>questionable.jpg
>lays down to do some skullcrushers
>roll my eyes as I get ready for the plates to slide off
>goes down, then explodes up and fucking THROWS the entire bar about 5ft into the air above him
>PANIC
>frozen in place as I think I'm about to watch the imminent death of some retard at the gym
>does this for 9 more reps
>gets up and leaves without a second glance
>never see him again
>>
>>40986280
someone started to sing very loudly a rap song about bitches and hoes.
>>
>>40986280
I saw a guy who was sipping water from his bottle every time he ends his sets
>>
>>40986720
almost as bad as that guy who wears basketball shorts to the gym
>>
File: farnese-hercules.jpg (40KB, 640x606px) Image search: [Google]
farnese-hercules.jpg
40KB, 640x606px
>>40986280
>there is this mentally challenged guy that comes to the gym few times a week
>pure of heart but lacking any social knowledge or concept of personal space and generally iritating
>comes to the gym to talk to people and maybe run on the treadmill a bit
>not sure why everybody is tolerating him, can get rly distracted
>wont stop until he gets handshake from every person in the gym
>once i was running on the treadmill he leaned on it and small talked for 15 full minutes. Got no cues that he should leave, no matter how direct i got in a nice way
>always a bit too personal with girls, "where is my hug" kinda guy
But the biggest shit he did
>big personal trainer doing some floor press or smt, laying on his back
>tard comes and every time PT is struggling with weight pretends to kick him in the balls
>PT gets pissed, gets up, puts him in a arm neck lock and says "don't do that, or we wont be friends any more, okey buddy?"
>Tard : "heeheheheheh okey"
>PT goes back to his workout
>tard uses stealth and kicks him in the balls, laughing like it was most epic prank ever

He got kicked out. But was back in after 2 weeks. Im not sure why everyone tolerates him, he disrupts a lot of people
>>
>>40986660
Did your face feel cold?
>>
>>40986280
>group of pajeet
>always come in, move bench into squat rack
>put 2kg on the bar
>take turns doing 50 reps as fast as possible
>usually less than a quarter of the full range of motion
>each do 3 sets of this
>they all chant in unison as one of them reaches the end of a set
>loud cheering whenever they finish
>they never do any other exercise
>this is their entire routine
>we call them the jacked pakis
>>
>>40986765
My body felt really numb but my face normally feels cold so nothing stood out
>>
>>40986821
Could have just been low blood sugar, as indicated when you felt normal again after laying down, but normaly your face becomes really cold during it because there is no blood pumping through it. Then again I'm no doctor, but I wouldn't become to worried about it, unless it happens again soon
>>
Walked into the gym last week and someone was using my squat rack.
>>
>>40986887
did you throw his shit across the bench and say "5 MINUTES" ?
>>
>>40986764
Do you live in Downingtown PA?
>>
>>40986764
Hate people that are stupid like that
>>
>>40986720
>tfw when you are that guy

gotta stay hydrated. am i rite?

But seriously. I would fucking die to cramps otherwise.
>>
>>40986660
>Any idea what the fuck happened to me?
happens very often after squats or legpresses, you had a syncope. sometimes also if you didn't eat and your bloodsugar falls.

what happen is that your blood pressure becomes so low rapidly that there isn't enough blood in the head, thus feeling lightheaded, everything is white and you have a cold sensation. in squats and legpress, your whole blood goes into your legs, if you stand up quick without letting your blood get back gradually into your body, like sitting down, putting your legs up etc. you'll experience it.

I had it numerous times, when starting to train, laying in the toilett like a crackhead. eating dextrose and putting your legs against the wall, to let the blood flow back in the head, helps.
>>
File: 1491387480315.png (1MB, 580x632px) Image search: [Google]
1491387480315.png
1MB, 580x632px
>young guy walks over to power rack
>Moves the things that hold the bar to the outside of the rack where the safety bars will not save you
>Loads up 2pl8 immediately
>He's wearing a belt and everything
>I'm the one who's sweating, thinking I'm going to have to run over and remove a barbell from his soon-to-be broken body
>Does one 1/16 rep squat and reracks
>Thank God...
>Puts another 25lbs on each side and does 1 1/16 squat again
Fucking Christ he's been back and does this every single time. I swear I've never seen anyone squat so poorly. Why the fuck would you always move the bar to squat OUTSIDE the safeties?
>>
File: 1491489187177.jpg (7KB, 193x250px) Image search: [Google]
1491489187177.jpg
7KB, 193x250px
>>40986287
Transspecies friendship ... What a progressive world we live in
>>
>>40986638
>I'm gonna work in

That's the correct thing to say anon, if they bitch just tell them you're not going to wait 15 minutes for them to do their baby weights and rest in between when you could be doing your sets as well
>>
File: woodsy.jpg (80KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
woodsy.jpg
80KB, 800x600px
Saw a dude re-rack a back squat into one of those old-school squat racks that angle down from the top, and have solid cylinders as bar rests.

He was wide gripping, and caught the tip of his right pinky between the bar and the bar rest.

>Like a McDonald's ketchup packet ; all over the mirror.
>>
>>40986280
a black guy doing crossfit in the free weight area.
>>
Second blood story:

Dude was repping out d-lifts with 385.
Gets to his 5th rep...
Nose explodes blood like an open faucet.
No dribble... a freaking stream down onto the platform wood.

>Somebody had to bring out the bleach.
>>
>>40987284
>Like a McDonald's ketchup packet ; all over the mirror.
how fucking much was he squatting?
>>
File: IMG_0869.gif (2MB, 356x292px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0869.gif
2MB, 356x292px
Saw a guy get smashed like this in the smith machine. 6 hours of surgery.
>>
>>40986280
5'10 jacked upper body guy walking behind taller (6'2 maybe) guy. Taller guy turns around and shouts some stuff including
>Don't you go talking shit about my friends you don't even know you fucking fat little prick

Not sure what it was about as the taller guy then left. Everyone just carried on with their workouts. Seen both guys since but not at the same time.

Not particularly weird but not something you expect to see.
>>
>be me, 6'4 no gains lanklet
>walking around gym aimlessly cuz idk what to do
>walk up to bench press, sit down
>big muscular guy comes up and says "uh, i'm using that, but you can work in if you want"
>say "n-no thanks i'm good thanks though sorry"
>walk away and i think i hear him say "sure are a lot of weirdos here today" but not sure
>enter autistic rage mode, turn around and walk back and yell in an autistic high pitched voice "IF YOUR GONNA CALL SOMEONE A WIERDO, YOU SHOULD MAKE SURE THEY CAN'T HEAR YOU FIRST"
>he says he didn't call me a weirdo, and being that i'm only 50/50 sure that i heard it to begin with, i yell "WHATEVER YOU SAY!" and throw my hands up in the air and walk off
>i'm holding back tears so i make my way out the back door and hide in some bushes and try to compose myself
>i haven't been back in 2 months just due to this incident
>>
>>40986638
so what? you need e bench to do skullcrushers, leave him alone.

if it was a bench press bench with the safeties attached and everything then you could have told him to find another one as you need this one.
>>
>>40986731
What's wrong with wearing basketball shorts at the gym? I do that all the time. So do tons of others there.
>>
>>40986978
>>40986867
Cheers lads, anything I should do to prevent it from happening in the future?
>>
I saw 2 Boys fucking.
Not cool...
>>
>>40986280
>slav in his late 40's/ early 50's comes in gym and makes some smalltalk with me
>nice guy, absolutely solid body, could compete with a lot of younger guys
>after smalltalk I continue working out and kinda watch the exercise he does
>heavy shrugs with dumbells
>shrugs with EZ bar
>shrugs with olympic bar
>stands in frront of incline bench machine o he's in a pulling position and does some sets of shrugs
>goes to standing calf raise machine, instead of calf raises he shrugs the shoulder pads
>>
>>40986660
Same thing happened to me this morning while cooking breakfast. I was legit scared as fuck but was normal after a couple mins.

Low blood tension apparently yep
>>
>>40987100
ask him
>>
File: shrugs.jpg (52KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
shrugs.jpg
52KB, 400x266px
>>40987398
so?
>>
Someone actually reracking their fucking weight (correctly might I add)
>>
File: IMG_1842.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1842.png
1MB, 750x1334px
I go to a university gym, half the people have good form other half doesn't.

>be January coming back to NYRs
>start having to wait on one of two power rack to deadlift, cause fucking gym rules
>people usually make a queue sitting on some railing
>20 minutes later, finally get to deadlift
>guy behind me in queue looks dyel
>he gets the other rack and loads up 2pl8 for squat
>oh boy
>barely manages to do 5 reps struggling to hit depth
>puts on 2.5pl8, does 3 half squats
>puts on 3pl8, 2 quarter squats
>loads up 385lbs
At this point I stop watching thinking he is about to die
>comes over and asks me for a spot
>Why me god?
>unracks the weight and steps back all while barely able to stand
>places his feet way too wide
>does the first quart squat, coming back up his knees are shaking at a 70degree angle with his feet
> looks like a bad Elvis impersonator
>does this shit again before reracking
>MFW he turns around
>thanks me and walks out the gym to never be seen again
>>
File: 1469500837980.jpg (59KB, 395x401px) Image search: [Google]
1469500837980.jpg
59KB, 395x401px
> looks like a bad Elvis impersonator
>>
>>40987540
>>40987508
>>
>>40986764
>tard uses stealth and kicks him in the balls
that was the most epic fucking prank, lmao
>>
File: Untitled.png (2KB, 281x174px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2KB, 281x174px
>Theres a side room at my gym
>Girls go in there to do retarded shit
>Walk past
>See them laying on their necks with their arms spread out doing 'V's with their legs
>They are listening to music
>They are using towels
>they are in full spandex gym wear
>They leave after 15min of this.
>>
>>40986978
I had something like this too, once. I was doing squats and when I got to the ATG part, I suddenly tumbled over backwards with no recollection of how it happened (definitely not a balance issue). Fortunately the powercage had rails because it was like 2.5 plates, but everyone was like "yo dude maybe you should lay off that weight, do something easier" and it was annoying as fuck.
>>
>>40986764
leave jason alone
>>
File: 1377510126998.jpg (22KB, 251x231px) Image search: [Google]
1377510126998.jpg
22KB, 251x231px
>>40987363
anon he probably honestly didnt call you a weirdo. no one would just say that to themselves
>>
>>40987593
probably calming down / meditating
>>
>>40986660

>Any idea what the fuck happened to me?

Sounds like you laid down on a piss coated bathroom floor.
>>
>>40986280
three 12 year old black children came in and they curled the plates without the bars while listening to desiigner, long story short they lost their gymcards pretty fast
>>
File: IMG_1162.gif (867KB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1162.gif
867KB, 400x224px
>>40987284
Couldn't find my projectile vomit image.
>>
>>40987363
If the shoe fits, weirdo.
>>
File: 1491405189785.png (2MB, 1164x1094px) Image search: [Google]
1491405189785.png
2MB, 1164x1094px
>>40986687
holy shit lol
>>
not crazy but theres this weird guy that comes to my gym sometimes

>grabs every available pl8 he can get

>loads up bar on safety catch of squat rack

>literally as many pl8s as the bar can hold

>grabs 4 sets of dumbless 70-85

>scatters dumbbells around squat rack so its in peoples way

>does shrugs for an entire hour

>never seen him touch the dumbbells
>>
>>40987402
He is short and angry looking
>>
>>40986967
i do this between every set, why is that wrong ?
>>
File: 1412634720300.gif (430KB, 213x201px) Image search: [Google]
1412634720300.gif
430KB, 213x201px
Lads, I've been working out at home for a couple months with only two 5 kg dumbbells. I was up to an insane amount of reps and at the end of the session my biceps were always super hot and feeling like they were about to explode. However now that I've joined a gym and lift way heavier dumbbells I no longer that feeling.

Any advice lads? I feel empty without it.
>>
>>40987918
Lurk more
>>
>>40987384

Yeah, eat before you workout. It won't happen again if it's low blood sugar that caused it.
>>
>be innagym
>whatevering about after the core part of my workout
>accessories and whatnot
>old dude comes in
>puts a fuckin yoga mat down in the middle of the gym
>between a seated leg ext machine and a prone leg curl machine
>just doing fuckin yoga in one of about five different pathways from one end of the gym to the other
>old dude totally oblivious that he is acting like a flaming car crash in a suburban neighborhood
>in swishy pants and matching jacket
fuck you, old dude. 60 year old ass ex-farmhand lookin mother fucker.
>>
>>40987945
do barbell?
>>
It's a common occurrence at my gym, where this mid 50s guy practices a form of martial arts with the cable machines.

He'll bring his own attachments and use them with his martial arts routine. It's very elaborate stuff. He kind of moves around like the staff wielding black guy in the Walking Dead. He'll just flail around and make a few kicks here and there, as if he was fighting a posse of invisible orcs. It looks goofy, but looking closer I can see pin point precision with his strikes.

He is the most dangerous man in the gym
>>
>>40986280
>manlet attempting pull ups on the lat pulldown with the pin in the maximum weight
>guy curling a barbell while lying on his back
>wheelchair on treadmill
>>
a guy selling weed in the shower getting payed by the junkie by sucking his dick.

if I weren't on 4chan for years now, this kind of thing would have startled me.
>>
>>40987384
eat before workout and after doing squats or legpress, rest for 10 minutes or sit on the mat and put your legs up agaisnt the wall, to let the blood get back in the body.
>>
Someone deadliftin 500 pounds cold just to win a bet.

Guy doing a bar muscle up on one of those slanted double pull-up bar things. His arms slid through at the top and snapped both his forearms like twigs.

Another time someone was doing wife grip supinated deficit pull-ups. Like five seconds after he was told "that's a good way to hurt yourself" the whole gym heard his biceps tendons pop.

They just curled up into his arms.
>>
>>40986280
Saw a dude snatch tree plates.
>>
>>40988510
>deficit pull-ups

Explain how this is a thing
>>
>>40988551
>2011
>not doing deficit pull ups
bet you don't even do incline squats either nerd
>>
>>40986660

That happened to me too once. I had just joined a gym, total dyel, hadn't really worked out in god knows how long. Started feeling light headed, so I sat down on the floor. Next thing I remember, I come to, having apparently slumped down face first onto the floor from a sitting position.

I must not have been out for very long. There were at least half a dozen other people there and nobody noticed.
>>
>>40986660
Yo, seriously get that shit checked by a Dr. It's PROBABLY nothing but that could be a heart problem and you might pull a Zyzz if you ignore it. Seriously don't kill yourself through negligence. Anything like that you should get checked.
>>
>>40987318
Wouldn't have to be much to break the skin and cause profuse bleeding. Even just 1 plate would fuck up your finger really bad.
>>
>>40986660
if you're an actual DYEL, it's a pretty simple thing to happen, where blood/O2 demands are higher elsewhere and your body isn't quite used to it.

If you ever feel it beginning to happen again, cross your legs, tense up your arms and legs to increase peripheral vascular resistance and shunt some more blood to your central system, should abort the syncope pretty quickly.
>>
>>40987363
>i'm holding back tears so i make my way out the back door and hide in some bushes and try to compose myself and i haven't been back in 2 months just due to this incident

no, not weird at all
>>
>>40987377
it's a /fit "joke"
no one cares what you wear
>>
I have a few. I've been going to the same gym at the same time for almost 2 years and have gotten used to dumb shit. I go around 10-11am m/t/th/f so you get an idea of the kind of crowd I'm working with. It's a 24/7 gym and I work nights.

The first is a huge guy (fat and strong) who only uses machines. At first your like "lel strong" but this mother fucker collects every fucking 45 plate in the gym before adding it to leg press or whatever retarded shit he's doing that day. The most mild.

I've seen multiple people snap their shit up. Just the other week there is a guy who I've been seeing for about 3 months. Sometimes he lifts beside me. This day he strapped on his belt to deadlift an almighty 225 and looked like a scared cat. He screamed and dropped to the floor. Haven't seen him again yet. I've seen 3 people do this exact thing in my time so far.

Craziest thing I ever saw, however, was someone doing OHP on a stupid rubber ball (what the fuck, why?) and with a decent amount of weight (165 I think). He lost balance and fell and it landed right on him. No idea what happened to him, whether he died or was paralyzed or what but I never saw him again. It happened fast so I didn't see how it hit him but I remember he out fucking cold and the front desk qt called the ambalamps and wouldn't let anyone see him.
>>
I saw two fat fucks lying on the mats today playing with their phones while occasionally doing some crunches and air bikes. Literally 30 seconds of exercise then 10 minutes on the phone.

I was gonna go over there to do some planks but I figured the made the area around them smell like shit so I didn't do any ab exercises today. Thanks for that cunts
>>
>>40987808
gotta intimidate the dyels
>>
>>40986660
I did that once after not eating for close to 24 hours, then running a mile and doing squats. I've also done something similar when I've gotten overheated while doing cardio. My BP is pretty low too (108/60). Did you feel really uncomfortable and have your heart pound beforehand?
>>
Some guy doing bodyweight jumping squats in the stairwell.
>>
File: 1449181319186.jpg (9KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
1449181319186.jpg
9KB, 384x384px
>>40988197
The thing is, I've heard here and elsewhere that instead of lighter weights I should go for heavier ones with less repetitions, so that's what I've done. I do them until my form breaks down completely and yet that's still not enough. With the lighter ones I used to go for over an hour for just biceps, it felt amazing.

I'm considering having a second workout today because of this.
>>
Probably a 50 year old literal retard pulling his pants down to his ankles to piss in the urinal
>>
>>40987508
He asked for a spot squatting in a power rack? Why couldn't he just use the safeties if he couldn't get it? Is this a normal thing? I think it's pretty weird to see someone spotting a squat outside of some event, I would not be comfortable with that
>>
File: 1491100035306.jpg (18KB, 575x481px) Image search: [Google]
1491100035306.jpg
18KB, 575x481px
saw someone squat 3pl8 it was frigging amazing never thought id see it in my life i heard of the legends on here but holy shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>40987398
>2011+6
>not having a trap day
ISHYGDDT
>>
File: face.jpg (22KB, 468x664px) Image search: [Google]
face.jpg
22KB, 468x664px
>That guy who squats almost every other day
>That guy who gets into a shitty powerlifting bench setup but can only bench 1 pl8
>That guy that flexes in the mirror when he thinks no one is watching
>That guy that rests like 5 minutes between every set because he's so weak

All of these are me
>>
>>40989103
None of those are a big deal compadre
>>
>>40986660
You probably forgot to breath
>>
>>40988307
I once watched a guy try to kick the handle of the cable machine. It was about shoulder high and he couldn't quite do it. He kinda gave up and just taped to machine with his foot maybe 6 inches off the ground. This was after shadow boxing with 5 lb dumbbells in his hands for a good half hour.
>>
A dude benching 1pl8. With suicide grip. WITH HIS FEET ON THE BENCH.
Literally WTF.

That same dude then set an incline bench in a dumbbell corner and banged out some half-rep db presses WITH HIS FEET ON THE db RACK

He then capped it off with a superset of ez bar curls and cable curls. Yeah, an actual superset. He curled, then he went over to the cable machine and curled, then he went back to the bar and curled some more.
>>
>guy at gym doing full body workouts
>skipps legs for WEEKS
>runs 10k/day

Thats me, by the way. Am I going to have chicken-legs because of this? Or is 70k+ running weekly going to save me?
>>
>>40987363
I bet he called you a weirdo after you sperged out at him.
>>
>>40986280
Asian manlet walks in and scream i'm half natty 10k then walks to squat rack and proceeds to strip himself down to nothing then started to do squats, everyone in the gym just watched him stunned and i got the video of it and sent it to a couple kids then it spread around campus like aids. He then got arrested and it was discovered hew as on acid during the incident. He then died two weeks later. This is all true btw. I can link the article if anyone cares, he killed himself by driving into a cement ditch.
>>
Craziest?
>go to gym to discuss signing up
>want no training, just to use their equipment/facilities
>offer monthly money to use their leg stuff

They explained that the only way to do that is to take their classes, and if I graduate into their other programs, I could have a membership which allowed me to use the gym without their trainers.

>tfw I wouldn't fit in anyway, they are all below 5'10"

One sure sign that you are in a crossshit gym - they insist that they 'aren't a crossfit gym', but still have a cult-like feel, and insist that their classes are valuable to everyone.
>>
>>40989580
post video
>>
>>40989580
post article please, thanks
>>
>>40989280
>A dude benching 1pl8. With suicide grip. WITH HIS FEET ON THE BENCH
I see like 4 different people do this at my gym
>>
>>40988899
Jesus. Read the sticky mate cause it's obvious you don't know shit about weightlifting.
>>
File: 1461781255867.jpg (49KB, 691x688px) Image search: [Google]
1461781255867.jpg
49KB, 691x688px
>>40988311
>>manlet attempting pull ups on the lat pulldown with the pin in the maximum weight
One of the best in this thread assuming it's true.
>>
>>40988485
>a guy selling weed in the shower getting payed by the junkie by sucking his dick
>implying anyone sucks dick for weed

>if I weren't on 4chan for years now, this kind of thing would have startled me
Lmao. Alright "oldfag". I'm sure your post is totally true.
>>
>>40989343
your legs will probably be fine
>>
>>40988767
>not growing a pair and doing them anyway
>using such a poor excuse not to finish your exercise
never gonna make it
>>
>>40989103
Literally nothing wrong with any of those.
>>
>>40988008
I saw a similiar guy once. Looked like a midget Jean Claude van Damme with a ponytail and just kept stretching in front of the mirror. Then he left. I never saw him touch a weight. 60$/month well spent.
>>
>>40989343
You won't have chicken legs compared to the average person but people will still think you have chicken legs because they'll be smaller than your upper body
t. knew a guy pretty much exactly like you and he could squat a decent amount too
>>
>>40986764
Haha reminds me of a brain damaged dude at my gym. He got hit by a car and is now socially/mentally inept. He always goes to the shoppers next door and downs two 40s before he hits the gym. When he's in the gym he does two sets of leg raises on the dip bar thing and then wanders around looking for his "friend". If he finds him he will do one of these things:
>dry hump him while he's doing push-ups
>sit on him while he's benching
>shadow box inches from his face
>wrestle him
Poor guy he harasses almost got kicked out for roughhousing in the gym but we all had his back. We had to sit down with the manager and explain the situation and they said they'd try to get it across to him that he can't do that shit in the gym.
>>
>>40990139
I don't go to that gym anymore but I my friends work there so I'll go with them every so often. Here's another funny tard story. No green text cause I'm at work.

I was doing my pullups and my friend finished his set so he moved on to the next thing. I'm attaching the weights yo my.belt when I see my water bottle start shaking like Jurassic Park. About the same time you'd hear the trex roar I hear an insanely loud giggle. Tard comes marching over, jumps up onto the pullup bar and immediately falls flat on his face. Gets up giggling his ass off and fist bumps me before stomping off to do whatever.
>>
>neighbor owns a hard core 1980's bodybuilding gym
>go past it whenever I ride my bike to grandma's house
>always stop in as a kid
> one day see a guy squatting and blood shoot from his nose all over the front windows
>he blacks out
>the weights shoot off one side
>bar flips and gets impaled into the cinder block wall
>squat stands crash over breaking the front plate glass
>blood everywhere, glass everwhere
>guy comes to and puts his hand on a chunk of glass
>more blood everywhere
>blood everywhere
>>
>>40987363
reminder that these are the people critiquing your body and giving you advice
>>
>>40987918

You could be drinking Monster instead
>>
>>40986280
Guy requesting spots on preacher curls for every one of his three sets. We should "help" with the last few reps.

Why?!
>>
>>40987371
I meant a flat bench press, not a regular weight bench. I should have been more specific but I thought the context would have covered that.

As I said he began using it for skullcrushers after I asked him if he was going to use it for benching, so I had already proceeded to do a dumbell press
>>
>>40986660
Was probably nothing, but worth checking out. Heart problems are the biggest cause of death in the world.
>>
>>40987398
PROTIP: If you roid, you can have a fucking retarded routine like that guy and still be bigger than most natty, dedicated lifters.
>>
>>40990451
Roiding doesn't make it any less ridiculous and arguably makes it worse
>>
Two dads take their kids to the gym and play two on two Bball. Two dads vs. two kids. No mercy. One dad breaks the other dad's kid's ankles The two dads high five and laugh.
>>
File: 258.png (89KB, 600x599px) Image search: [Google]
258.png
89KB, 600x599px
>>40987284
aaaaAAAAAAAA
>>
>>40986280

There was this older guy who used to go to a 24 hour fitness I would go to. There was a small group of us that went late at night to avoid the crowds.

Everytime I would see him he would be doing squats on the smith machine near one of the windows and if anyone left weights on the machine he would angrily throw the weights off the Smith and stare at whoever left them there. This guy was an oddball, and looked like he may have been a big gym guy when he was young but now that he was in his 60s-70s his muscles had atrophied and all that was left was anger and resentment for people around him.

He was actually a huge douche bag and very distracting because of his constant shitty behavior.

Anyways, one night somebody left weights on the smith machine and there he goes with his old pissed off expression and starts throwing the weights off the machine, but somehow he managed to throw one of the weights too hard and a 45lb weight ended up going through a window out of the building (we are on the second floor). Everyone in the weight room stops and just looks at him and he starts cussing out the guy who left the weights on the smith machine like its his fault. The only two employees end up coming up stairs and and kicking him out.

Pretty sure they terminated his gym membership because I never saw him again.
>>
File: yawn.jpg (902KB, 1300x1733px) Image search: [Google]
yawn.jpg
902KB, 1300x1733px
I once saw a guy yawning between the sets, what the fuck
>>
File: 1491242925399.jpg (372KB, 854x859px) Image search: [Google]
1491242925399.jpg
372KB, 854x859px
>>40987284
wow thats not cool
not cool at all
>>
>>40986280
I have a few memorable moments

>The Manlet Ascension

>be me
>be at gym
>in the middle of my session
>doing cable flys
>cables and pulleys that has a pull up bar in the middle
>roided turbo manlet comes up and asks if he can work in
>say yes
>manlet goes off to get something
>Our gym has a small metal podium for small people
>manlet comes back with it
>stands on it and starts doing pull ups
>everyone in close proximity is internally dying from laughter
>girls in the back laugh out loud
>manlet looks over and then turns around facing me
>sees me trying to hold back my ayy lmaos as hard as humanly possible
>we continue to work out
>manlet has the most emotionally broken look human history has ever witnessed

Felt sad for him a bit tbqh
>>
>>40986280
>See free squat rack
>Walk over starting to put on plates
>Woman around her 50's walking over
>I'm sorry i was using this rack
>Alright.jpg
>Wait 15 mins before a new rack opens up
>Lady haven't used the rack yet
>5 mins go by and I look over at lady

She fucking do kettelbell-swings in the rack, and then sits down...
>>
File: 9HuNmuO.png (665KB, 540x679px) Image search: [Google]
9HuNmuO.png
665KB, 540x679px
>Standing next to my gf while she deadlifts
>I'mdone with my session, just doing some reverse flyes. I'm waiting for her to finish her workout basically.
>Enter "Wamoh"
>A buff dude with a trucker hat and a millitairy green shirt
>He just shouts out to my general direction
>"HEYO SPOT MY BENCH!"
>Slams his ass down on the bench
>I drop my 5 lbs dumbbells and walk over
>He unracks the bar to do some bench
>"How many reps are you aiming for?" I shout confused
>He can hardly speak because he is so strained from holding the bar
>"I DUNNO MAN MAYBE LIKE..."
>The bar goes down
>HHNGGGNGNG
>The bar is up again
>"THREE, FOUR MAYBE 5-HNHNGNGNNG"
>Another rep is forced
>Yet another
>The bar stays down on his chest
>"HNGNGNG"
>I help the bar up
>"ONE MORE!"
>the bar goes down, he is pinned again
>I really make an effort to uppright-row the bar
>Its up again
>"ONE MORE!"
>The bar goes down
>Oh shit he is so tired
>Yell to my GF to come help
>We pick the goddamn 365 lbs bar up from the ONE MORE! guy.
>His arms are finally straight
>"ONE MORE!"
>NOOOO me and my girl shout and row it back to the rack.
>"C'MON MAN, I COULD'VE DONE ONE MORE!"
>Yeah sure buddy
>Me and my girl exits the gym
>Hear "HEYO SPOT MY BENCH!", aimed at some other guy in the gym as we leave through the door.
>>
>>40990665
he so fucking weak he can't even spot a 365 bench lmao
>>
>>40990613
>tfw morning lifter
>>
>guy at the gym whos clothes look like he took a nade for his fellow friend
>the shoes look like they are falling apart, the pants have rips and tears big enough so you can stick 1-2 fingers in there
>usually does squats, deadlifts, overhead press or glute-bridges for no less than an hour then hops form machine to machine in a superset fashion for another hour
>>
>>40990641
Here goes another one

>The Pajeet Bangbros Workout

>be me again
>again at gym
>in the freeweight area hitting arms
>curry squad enters
>the literal pajeet meme: polos, sandals, weird cargo like pants
>they all start curling like complete faggots occupying everything and they all got that Dehli No.5 stench going on
>later
>they start the next exercise
>pajeets all whip out those training belts with chains for adding plates/dumbbells
>all 3 equip it
>they add 10kg dumbbells each
>they support with their arms on the dumbbell racks and start hip thrusting
>they do this for literally the rest of the time I'm there
>I finish my workout and go to the changing room
>pajeets follow soon after
>I mire myself and then start packing
>see pajeets in front of large gym mirror
>all three in boxers
>start posing like they're taking someone in doggy with hands in front of them like they're holding an ass
>all 3 hip thrusting again for like 1 minute

Never seen them again and god forbid I ever do
>>
>>40987363
You're absolutely a sperg but I never understood how working in is faster. After every set it be a complete pain to add/remove a ton of plates for the next guy, rinse, repeat. Unless you're sitting for 5 minutes or something ridiculous between sets it's not worth it.

>>40986280
At a uni gym, the beginning of every semester (except for summer) is pretty much like two new years and it's flooded with a bunch of students who want to start exercising but then never come back after a few weeks until the next semester starts. The worst is women running around doing retarded exercises with 5lb dumbbells in the lifting area. We literally have a cardio floor with a space for them but instead they choose to get in the way and occupy half the benches doing yoga/curling.
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 236x222px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 236x222px
Hey /fit/ I feel kind of bad I think I fucked up someone's PR attempt at 315 bench.

>only about 5-7 people at the gym
>I'm like 2nd biggest guy there and the biggest guy is working out with a VERY small awkward looking Manlet
>the Manlet isn't in shape at all, fat and oddly shaped like if he actually got fit he would still look very strange
>anyway the big guy asks me and his Manlet bud to spot his Bench
>asks us each to one side and I'm like okay let's do this
>he goes to unrack the weight but the Manlet lifts up his side of the bar off the rack while I don't
>big guy is on the bench now with one side off and one side still racked
>I quickly unrack my side for me and he attempts the lift
>fails but not by much
>tell him it's alright man you'll get it soon
>scurry off cause I feel like I kinda fucked it up

Honestly I have no idea if he asked me to help unrack in the first place. I just assumed no because I never have my spotter touch the bar unless I am failing.
>>
>>40990665
ONE MORE!
>>
>>40987338
fuck me
>>
>>40986687
>gets up and leaves without a second glance
>see him again at some local store
>as he passes by I call him a manlet
>he turns around
>both arms explode up at my chest
>body slams against wall and head cracks against a sign
>still have incredible momentum, can feel and hear wind coming from behind me
>crash through several display shelves
>qt cashier witnesses everything
>>
File: 1490363608706.jpg (126KB, 604x516px) Image search: [Google]
1490363608706.jpg
126KB, 604x516px
>go gym
>man set up long seat with big metal stick for exercise muscle grow
>man presses big weight on chest and up
>lot of times i am see this happening
>keep goin up
>i tell loudly "stop!"
>he tell me "never stop when chad anon"
>tell "wow"
>tfw low weighted
>will be big weight with friends tell
>happy now
>>
File: rich-piana-funny.jpg (30KB, 659x483px) Image search: [Google]
rich-piana-funny.jpg
30KB, 659x483px
>>40990665
YOU GOTTA LIFT BIG TO GET BIG YOU FUCKING WHITE NIGGER
>>
File: NImo8n_R.jpg (113KB, 1279x834px) Image search: [Google]
NImo8n_R.jpg
113KB, 1279x834px
>>40990613
its insecurity because they feel watched at all times and dont know what to do between sets.
>>
>>40986280

A guy almost died from a heart attack.
>>
>>40986280

someone put away their plates after they finished the bench
>>
>>40986280
Ugly ass local bodybuilder who looks like a teenage mutant ninja turtle screaming all the time with no reason. Like, he's not even touching a weight, and he goes "woooo hoooo".
>>
>go to gym for the first time at 1 am
>some person loudly 'whoop'ing in the corner
>never see this person
>go to do squats and finish
>go do pulldowns next
>work in with weird foreign guy
>we end up breaking the machine by sticking plates onto the weight stack to make it heavier
>leave and come back a day later
>machine is now completely fucked
>never go that late again
>>
>>40988510
>Guy doing a bar muscle up on one of those slanted double pull-up bar things. His arms slid through at the top and snapped both his forearms like twigs.

aaaaaaaah jesus fucking christ
i couldn't picture the thing at first and then i remembered at my gym that above one of the power rack there are those two U-shaped handle to do muscle ups

jesus fucking christ
>>
>>40987338
Isn't half the point of a Smith machine that you can set safeties at whatever height you want?
>>
File: 1491246379448.png (147KB, 350x450px) Image search: [Google]
1491246379448.png
147KB, 350x450px
>>40991213
Dunno why this is so fucking funny
>>
>>40988485
Never, not on 4chan or otherwise, have I ever heard a story of a "weed junkie" paying for drugs by sucking dick. I'm pretty sure this never happened.
>>
File: Waifu.jpg (716KB, 2832x4256px) Image search: [Google]
Waifu.jpg
716KB, 2832x4256px
>>40989212
>>40989103
You guys give me hope that I'm not a gigantic faggot, thank you.

One day I'll make it.
>>
I saw someone I know have a terrible seizure on the leg extension machine. Luckily he wasnt using anything self supported.

People were freaking out, he eventually kinda came too and asked where he was. Paramedics came and took him away.

I never mentioned it to him, he seemed fine when he came back to the gym a few weeks later.
>>
>>40989343
It's not full body if you skip legs.
>>
Meant to say >>40990100 not >>40989103
>>
>>40990613
fuck off I yawn during my entire routine, even while crunching
>>
>>40990649
I hate that people here just allow this to happen. I usually calmly explain why it's not proper gym etiquette to do shit like this. If they want to get pissy about it it's not gonna ruin my day, and it'll probably stick with them preventing future bad behaviour.
>>
>>40990665
It's called negatives faggot. When you bench 365 you have to more than just 3x5 and adding 5lbs a week.
>>
>>40990641
>things that never happened
>>
>>40987269
Lol shut up no one does that IRL faggot "I'm gonna work in" no you're not not you're gonna wait for me like a bitch
>>
some methed up nigger showed up and started yelling nonsense at people

then started walking around the gym shouting to himself and ripping plates off racks and throwing them to the ground while staff/patrons huddled in the corner

like HURLING them to the ground like he was doing medicine ball slams or something

after a while he just sort of wandered out one of the emergency exits and about 5 minutes later like literally 15 cop cars showed up in the parking lot sirens blaring and everything

never found out what happened to him
>>
>>40990665
>what are negatives?
>>
>>40987300
I've gotten nosebleeds while deadlifting before because I already have issues with weak-walled veins in my nose, but fuck, I never squirted blood anywhere.
>>
>>40990987
I like you helper
>>
>all bars are in use

>see a guy doing the same weight I deadlift with

>ask if I can squeeze a set in

>feel rushed and let bar scrap my upper knee

my scrapes still hurt
>>
>>40987338
He...he made it into a guillotine
>>
I saw a 6'7 jacked black guy just pinning fuckin steroids to his quad the Bathroom at a gym in thailand.

He must have been friends with the owner or something because there was a fridge with the lock on it and he had these vials sitting on top of it and it was late.

Weirdest moment of my entire life this far.
>>
>>40986280
>Pajeet comes in to lift every time in a pastel polo shirt with collar turned up
>always working nothing but shoulders
>lateral raises, sun gods, ohp with db
>all of it super low weight
>always checks to make sure his collar is upturned

We called him Pakistani pump
>>
>>40989103

Nothing wrong with any of those you retard. As someone who used to work at a gym we'd much rather see someone be smart and take long rests when they know they can't handle it instead of overdo it like they got something to prove then have to call an ambulance.
>>
>>40991708
I just always feel like people judge me when I'm sitting on a bench for five minutes not doing anything.
>>
>>40991741
Trust me. No one cares and you shouldn't either. And anyone who isn't a cunt who thinks he owns the gym will more than understand. Even the most /fit/ guys I know rest for 4-5 minutes if it's what they need to finish their sets.
>>
File: smiley pepe.jpg (309KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
smiley pepe.jpg
309KB, 600x600px
>>40990987
happy also
>>
>>40991741
If you don't need to rest you aren't lifting heavy enough
>>
>>40991741

It helps if you get up and slowly walk around the gym while pretending to hold invisible watermelons under your arms.
>>
Back when my gym didn't have air conditioning we opened the windows to let in some air. I was doing squats when suddenly a pigeon flew in and crashed straight into a mirror.

It's crop bursted open and all bunch of seeds were strewn across the floor. Saw some asshole laughing. The bird was clearly suffering so I tried to kill it by twisting it's neck. That didn't work though because birds have pretty extreme neck mobility.
>>
>>40986280
MASSIVE russian dude benching 5pl8. Strongest lifts I've ever seen and he did it without a spotter.
>>
>>40986280
These two black guys flirting with this girl at the gym. The shocking part was she was receptive to their advances. One of them even spanked her ass although they were talking for a couple minutes before that. Don't know if she went to their car to fuck them but wouldn't surprise me if she did.
>>
File: khali-1456075374-800.jpg (17KB, 593x305px) Image search: [Google]
khali-1456075374-800.jpg
17KB, 593x305px
I once saw to niggers fucking in the back of a car with the door open in the gym parking lot. The craziest thing I've seen IN the gym though is The Great Khali doing max weight on every machine.
>>
>>40990808
What's this meme of pajeets wearing polos and sandals? Like even I and every other pajeet in my gym know that you gotta wear comfortable shit in the gym, so why polos and sandals?
>>
Saw two guys trying to run out the gym with 3 plates each. No bar or collars or anything though, just plates.
>>
>>40992082
Next time grab it by the head and swing the body around like your dick.
>>
>>40990808
Jesus, it's like if Beavis and Butthead also shit in the street.
>>
>>40992197
This
Looks brutal but does the trick. It's the easiest/fastest way to deal with injured birds like that.
>>
>>40990665

Lol. He could told you if he did negatives. He sounded tardy.
>>
>>40990665

Wamoh is Alpha as fuck
>>
>>40991458

Why did he do real reps and started failing half-way through if he was just doing negatives?
>>
>>40986769
holy shit this is good.
>>
>>40986656
Muv fitness columbia sc??
>>
>>40992166
>trying

Did they get caught?
>>
>>40986887
Lucky you, there's always some faggot using it in my gym :(
>>
>>40990026
No one sucks dick for weed, man.

t. former dealer
>>
An old guy started talking to me, he was real friendly, suggested some herbal remedies for some of my aches and pains.

A couple weeks later I see a paper printed with some text and his picture on the wall of the gym: It's an obituary.
>>
>>40988572
>incline squats
Aren't these just hack squats ?
>>
>>40988723
Don't tell him that he's supposed to find out from the pamphlet after he loses his virginity.
>>
File: 1406092269839.gif (194KB, 477x456px) Image search: [Google]
1406092269839.gif
194KB, 477x456px
>>40986280
>Pajeet coming and playing an hour of badminton every day in jeans and a sweater
>Pajeet and his friends stand around in the middle of the gym in groups of 3-5 talking
>Pajeet that weigh 100lbs doing 1/8th rep chinups x infinity
>Pajeet doing 95lbs quarter squats with belts on
>Pajeet making the entire gym smell like shit, curry and the most rancid BO

Fuck OFF Pajeet.
>>
>>40992547
Nah, my uni gym in Scotland
>>
File: 1487091997227.png (177KB, 367x321px) Image search: [Google]
1487091997227.png
177KB, 367x321px
>>40992911
>Pajeet smashing my oneitis
fuck OFF pajeet.
>>
>>40990026
>>40992823

Fact.
>t. weed seller when it was actually illegal

they were just horny bros broing it up
>>
>>40990245
I always do, anon.

Sometimes I don't know why I even bother coming here.
>>
>>40986289
>not shouting back "NO! YOUR NAME! IS! TOBY!" every time he did that
Missed your chance, man.
>>
>>40990854

if you can't unrack the weight you can't press it. no exceptions. you did nothing wrong
>>
File: 1491576282366.jpg (54KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1491576282366.jpg
54KB, 540x960px
>>40988899
I haven't felt the burn since I started lifting heavy.
I just feel tired after sets now.
>>
The Asians started dancing and shouting memes
>>
>go to military gym
>enter the treadmill room
>guy is running backwards on treadmill
>some chick is running sideways on stair master

I thought these were just myths.
>>
>>40986764
>Im not sure why everyone tolerates him, he disrupts a lot of people
Retard pity. You have to tolerate those who contribute nothing to society and leave nothing but a trail of destruction and a faint smell of cheese wherever they go, and pretend to like it and think it's heartwarming, because the holocaust happened or something.
>>
>>40990834
makes sense with machines I guess no one's ever asked me to work in at my gym so I don't either

>>40987363

You should go back you're wasting money on the membership.

You're literally paying Chad money to work out at his gym and fuck girls you want to fuck while you sit at home and jack off.
>>
>>40987363
If he called you a weirdo he was right
>>
one time i was doing my 20 minute run on the treadmill before the real stuff. dude on the treadmill in front of me starts flopping around and running really shittily. i look at his treadmill and he's been on there 50 minutes, 5mph speed. all of a sudden he falls like he just got shot in the brain, no movement at all.

nothing happens for 5 seconds so i yell at the desk lady. she calls 911. he starts moving and groaning a bit, breathing very heavily.

EMTs arrive a few minutes later. dude had a heatstroke was their best guess. wasn't all that hot, just figured he was a bitch.
>>
There's some dickhead at my gym who fucked up while roiding, his arms have grown, but not in a good way, they feel as soft as marshmallows. So this girl approaches him while he's using a curl machine to ask how many set's he's got left, he says it's his last set, puts the machine on 24kg, 2 reps in he's literally yelling as if he's getting his shit pushed back up his colon by a t-rex. He drops the handles after the third rep and gets up off the machine as if he just broke a world record. The girl takes a napkin and a spray bottle of cleaning product and cleans off the whole machine, then she puts the weight on 38kg, does 12 reps with perfect form, then she gets up and tells the guy that she's going to kick his nuts up to his throat if he ever tries to act cocky around her again with his bitch strength and inflated arms. Needless to say everyone but the dickhead burst into tears from laughter and he hasn't been to that gym ever since. I saw him once in the other decent gym in the city, he had a look of pure embarrassment when I walked up to him and asked if he had done any progress on his curls after the incident with the girl.
>>
>>40992197
>>40992337
>next time a bird flies into your gym and you have to play God
lol
>>
>>40986280
>frequent uni gym
>basically only international students and girls who shouldn't be wearing yoga pants wearing yoga pants
>over on bench
>hear raspy breathing
>loud clank
>feet slapping the floor
>finish rep and get up to get some water
>see an asian DYEL in bitch mitts, jordans and Champion brand tank top
>he's doing over head presses in a rack 2 over from me
>except with the safety bars.. at the top of the rack?
>decide to take a long walk so I can see lingling do his thingthing
>motherfucker stands on bench to unrack the bar from the top of the rack
>climbs down awkwardly
>moves bench
>moves bar into squat position on shoulders
>squats
>launches himself upward like he just saw godzilla destroy his workplace and reracks the empty bar before landing
>FuckingWhat?.gif
>notices me in the mirror staring at him wide eyed as I walk back to my bench
>he does the same thing 5 more times then gets his stuff together and starts heading out
>as he walks by me on the way out he says "I teach you next time" and overexaggerates a wink at me cause asian
>I and a couple of the PTs who were hanging around watching from the desk fucking lose it and the legend just walks out the front door

I usually just go at the same time everyday but haven't seen him since.
Anyone have any idea what the name of his workout was?
>>
>>40993186
Sounds like synthol
>>
>>40993443
Might be, whatever shit he used has now become the bane of his existence.
>>
>>40990613
Yawning is a reflex to breathe hard when your body is low on oxygen. When I was in band camp I'd yawn like crazy carrying around a tuba in 90 degrees of humidity for the 13 hour days with just a lunch break and maybe symphonic practice in the aud for an hour.
>>
>>40987100
maybe he just wants to die anon
>>
>>40990665
>Hear "HEYO SPOT MY BENCH!", aimed at some other guy in the gym as we leave through the door.
this is fucking good, made me lmao, thanks anon
>>
>>40986764
JUST A PRANK BRO
>>
>>40993219
what are bitch mitts anon?
>>
>>40988641
>>40990437
Will get a checkup tomorrow lads thanks for the advice
>>
>>40986764

The chief tard back in middle school shoved my main bro off the gym bleachers and almost broke his neck, why they'd let them in a real gym where half the scrubs need help not killing themselves with the machinery is beyond me
>>
>>40986280
Saw some guy protecting his girlfriend from a pack of dindus with a barbell. He was holding it like a spear and jabbing at any that got close. Apparently one grabbed his girlfriends ass and he shoved him into the weight rack, but then the rest of the pack came to fight. Pretty funny, all of them were kicked out of the gym and the one that grabbed the girls ass got arrested.
>>
>>40986280
>tfw just OHP 100 lbs was so proud I didn't fail my 3 sets
>tfw saw a girl OHP 165 shortly after
>165

I can't even bench that
>>
>>40993968
And hopefully other warrants for his arrest came to light and he got life, yeah?
>>
File: erbench.jpg (22KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
erbench.jpg
22KB, 640x426px
>>40993026

This is not true... It depends on the bench alignment. The only flat bench I can use over 225 lbs is pic related... an ER bench, or a clone.

the hooks are basically above my shoulders when I set up... not behind my head. thus, I don't have to "pull the bar forward" with my shoulders before the press.

>it saved my press, bro's.
>>
File: Fit+warfare_7208e6_6173692.jpg (492KB, 900x2736px) Image search: [Google]
Fit+warfare_7208e6_6173692.jpg
492KB, 900x2736px
>>40993968
>oblig
>>
>>40994088
I'm not sure, but there are more security cameras in the place now. I'm thinking it's an I'm going thing.
>>40994135
He would've killed one if he had a barbell like that. He got one right in the solarplex, which I think is why they all didn't jump on him at once.
>>
>>40994086
strict press or push press?
>>
>>40987269
>Mind if I work in?

Politeness, Anon. Politeness.
>>
This dude at my gym a few months back had a heart attack on the treadmill and hit his head. His mom was calling out to him "I'm right here baby! Come on anon!" Etc. it was real sad the guy died
>>
File: mexibro.jpg (39KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
mexibro.jpg
39KB, 500x500px
>>40994086

you sure it wasn't a "push press" ?

Where it *looks* as if she is pressing it, but merely drops under it and supports it at arm's length ?

>I could be right, you know.
>>
>went to gym with gym friend
>im a dyel, hes running me through exercises and proper technique.
>im pressing 40kg plus bar and nearing whatever reps, start struggling
>hear chuckles
why are gym people so mean? i even finished without help.
>>
>>40993219
>basically only international students and girls who shouldn't be wearing yoga pants wearing yoga pants

BU?
>>
>>40990975
had me dying lad
>>
>>40988510

Ah shit, had a classmate break one arm/wrist the same way at school when he climbed the bared ladder attached to the whole wall in the gym
>>
File: 1490349782045.jpg (43KB, 330x319px) Image search: [Google]
1490349782045.jpg
43KB, 330x319px
>>40987351
>lankets
>>
>>40994244
Trust me if you heard chuckles they probably werent for you, and if they were that meams other people heard them and probably think that person is a dick.
>>
this just happened today boys fuck

>doing bench with my DYEL lanklet friend
>about to hop on the bench to complete my last set
>hear a voice coming from the dumbbell rack
>"SUGAR, SPICE AND EVERYTHING NICE, THESE INGREDIENTS WERE CHOSEN TO CREATE THE PERFECT LITTLE GIRLS"
>turn my head
>literal autist mini manlet repping out his last set, every one is staring at him
>me and lanklet friend = sides in orbit
>continue our workout
>he starts doing cable flys
>starts autistically moaning with each rep

Idek...
>>
>>40993776
No problem man
>>
>>40988311
>>guy curling a barbell while lying on his back

Wouldn't that be a skullcrusher?
>>
>>40988551
lol sorry

he was working the negatives.
>>
>>40992563
>>40992166
This some things warrant more than one line of text.
>>
>>40993219
He's going to be able to jump like spiderman after awhile.
>>
>>40988972
That's just how it is. I blame the university for giving us a shitty gym. Only 2 power racks that you have to do squats, deadlifts, and fucking pens lay rows. Also no Oly lifts, mainly power cleans
>>
>>40986660
might be low blood pressure, can be just as dangerous as high blood pressure
>>
File: 1438901236859.jpg (85KB, 720x545px) Image search: [Google]
1438901236859.jpg
85KB, 720x545px
>>40993086
>faint smell of cheese
>>
>>40992547
yo I know exactly the motherfucker you're talking about. If you're talking about the muv right across from Bi-Lo
>>
>>40994832
Yeah I always use to be told by my mum that my circulation was really bad cause my hands went purple in winter. I'm going to the doc tomorrow
>>
>>40987338
>not doing guillotine squats to build up a resistance to beheading
do you want to survive the race war or what?
>>
>>40994188
That's a Jerk press. Push press is just OHP + Leg assistance.
>>
>>40994116
This shit is amazing, thank god my small town small has this.
>>
some guy takes a bench and puts it under the smith machine, loads up 10 kg on either sides, and starts benching it, but instead of locking out at the top he would launch it up into the air and catch it again

he NEARLY missed it once
>>
>>40993903
>lifting gloves
>>
>>40989103
Kek just described me. London?
>>
I saw someones pet raccoon get lose in the gym and they spent 10 minutes chasing it down
>>
>>40991342
sloots do it all the time.
>>
>>40992563
>>40994563
One of them let his set slip and shattered all the toes on his right foot. His friend tried to stop him but the momentum of 3 plates carried him and he ended up falling onto his plates and winding himself. I suppose bydlo 2 is lucky he didn't crack his ribs.
>>
>>40995555

You are a terrible storyteller but what digits.
>>
File: IMG_3817.png (1MB, 1204x1204px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3817.png
1MB, 1204x1204px
>>40987945
Do preacher curls, you might not be used to heavier weights and cheating
Could also try closer sets
>>
>>40987100
>feeling depressed
>load up the bar at the gym with way more weight than I can handle
>unrack and step outside the safeties
>start the descent to the grave
>puss out and re-rack it
everytime...
>>
>>40995656
I wrote my first post before going to sleep and my second one when I just woke up, of course I couldn't be arsed to give you a step by step run-through.
>>
File: spinningchair.gif (932KB, 350x291px) Image search: [Google]
spinningchair.gif
932KB, 350x291px
Well I've crushed my finger with a weight and bled everywhere, and the other day I saw a woman in spandex laying on her back and 'reverse squatting' a smith machine bar up towards the ceiling.

But I guess that's not very out there.
>>
>>40986769
Are they jacked?
>>
>>40986280
Fucked my ex in the showers
>>
Don't remember how, but a guy tore his biceps and it just rolled right up his arm under the skin, easily top 3 freakiest things I've seen in my life
>>
>>40992547
Wtf I'm glad I never got a membership there. Did the 2 week trial and never came back.
>>
Strict 3pl8 ohp.

Blew my fucking mind.
>>
>>40995818
what do you think?
>>
>>40995730
heh.
>>
>>40988929
Feels good, man.
>>
>>40988485
weed has no physical withdrawal symptoms you fucking retard
>>
>>40987850
sounds like he's from here then
>>
>>40986660
I've had this happen from deadlifting before. I braced so hard and my blood pressure was so high that after my set I stumbled and passed out for a moment. I'm nearly positive that it's the intra-abdominal pressure created by bracing your core, so either breathe better between reps or make your core stronger so you don't have to brace as hard.
>>
>>40986660
You need to see your family physician and have an ECG.
You had pre-syncope while exercising and it's a big red flag.

It's probably just a vasovagal like the others have said (too much vagal stimulation from doing the valsalva maneouvre - google it, its basically a squat with proper breath holding and bracing your core).

You still need an ECG though. And congrats on managing it correctly. I would have let someone know you were in there though.

(Im a doctor)
>>
some dude dressed in a super saiyan costume working out really intensely. not really crazy but he was kind of a fag for doing that.
>>
>>40996607
>mfw bloodshot eyes after SQ/DL
>reddish blemishes on face cause ofmuh intraabdominal pressure
>neck and eyeslids have petechiae
>mfw gonna burst an aneurism someday
>mfw paused deadlift is the worst offender since time under tension is higher than other exercises
>>
File: 1486876771235s.jpg (6KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
1486876771235s.jpg
6KB, 236x236px
>>40986978
>>40986660
this happened to me about a year ago when i first started to lift because of three things, my smoking fucked with my blood pressure, my pre workout fucked with my blood pressure and doing squats or barbell curls fucked with my blood pressure because i didnt know how to breath properly.

now that i dont take pre workout or smoke anymore i am fine and it never happens, i used to get white in the face from lifting when most people get red, now i get red like normal.
>>
>>40996564
yes there is, being sober.
>>
File: 1491112010450.png (555KB, 500x502px) Image search: [Google]
1491112010450.png
555KB, 500x502px
>>40987363
similar story
>at gym
>busier than its ever been
>two guys at a water fountain
>i walk up and the guy gets to it first
>i was kind of out of breath and just stood close to him waiting for him to move
>he looked at me
>mumbled to his friend that he wondered what i was doing

gee maybe i was about to get a drink you fucking moron
>>
>>40990649
reminds me of this one asian woman doing dumbell ohp in the only squat rack on a bosu ball
>inb4 things that never happened
>>
>>40987338
Did the guy in the picture die? I have to know.
>>
File: 1491450186316.jpg (5KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
1491450186316.jpg
5KB, 224x225px
>>40987648
>>
>>40987398
Don't skip shrug day bro
>>
File: 1491008941584.jpg (74KB, 750x788px) Image search: [Google]
1491008941584.jpg
74KB, 750x788px
>>40996568
I'll launch some memes at him next time to see if he knows what he's doing. I was really relieved one time because one of the PTs was around to see him do this but it turned out he didn't care.
>>
>that guy who does OHP everytime you see him

that guy is me
>>
File: c5f.gif (1MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
c5f.gif
1MB, 250x250px
>>40987508
>looks like a bad Elvis impersonator
>>
>>40987808
ManletDestiny?
>>
>>40989343
>Skips legs
>Full Body?

nigga that's half of your body
>>
>>40994918
underrated
>>
>>40995789
I think people do that with the smith machine to use it like a leg press, but I have no idea why. I've seen this shit, too, but we have a perfectly good leg press like ten feet away.
>>
>>40993046
/jp/ has never forgiven this transgression
>>
>>40987363
Bro not joking. You're probably schizophrenic.
>>
>>40994908
Yea on forest dr, hes an altight dude, definatly not the worst 1 there.
Rage manlet: screaming andslamming weights on the smith machine, walks all angry
Mexican muscle twins: only ever see them do drop set curls using every Single Bar
Stupid tiny lady: cant lift the 45lb pl8s has to ask people to move them off machines for her, told me to not do deadlifts 1 day.
>>
gay sex in the steam room and before you fags get excited it was three old and fat guys who probably don't even actually go to the gym

the worst part was that it was late at night/early in the morning and i thought i was alone in the gym. so after opening the door i got really surprised and let a really high yelp, which in turn scared them so they yelped
>>
>>40992887
>t. a virgin
>>
>>40999943
>not joining in to suck down that sweet man protein
>not wiping down the loads afterwards with your tongue

It's like you don't even want to hit your macros
>>
>>40991458
>It's called negatives faggot
Calling them negatives is for people too stupid to use the words eccentric and concentric.

Do you use the word outro too?
>>
>>40993219
>>
People actually working out.
>>
Just remembered this, happened like a year ago.
>older guy in my uni gym (mid 40s maybe) goes there a few times a week
>every time he's in there he puts a barbell on his traps like in the squat position with .5pl8 on it
>walks out of squat rack
>starts spinning around
>does this 10 times
>leaves
>>
>>40986919
Underrated
>>
>at uni gym
>middle of the day, pretty busy
>halfway through my workout, go to the toilets for a piss
>walking back from the toilets, past the reception desk
>staff are looking at each other all shocked and shouting "get med" or something
>get back into the gym and see what was going on
>there's a bunch of people crowding around and making a scene over some girl on the rowing machine
>she's gone red as fuck, curled up in a ball, crying her eyes out, shaking really hard
>gym staff start going around the entire gym telling everyone to finish up in 5 minutes
>they literally evacuate the entire gym so they can get this girl out of the back door and into an ambulance
>eventually get told we can come back in
>carry on with deadlifts

I found out later that she was diabetic and had had a sugar crash or something.
Cardio not even once
>>
>>40986280
Rich piana and Bradley Martin almost get into a fight
>>
>>40986280

Based fox.
Found my new motivation pic.
>>
>>40989103
Squatting every other day is bad for you, tone it down to once per week
>>
>>41001301

>Internet guy says something is bad/good for me

Okie dokie.
>>
To push the muscles beyond failure, recruting musclefibers to over 100% of their capacity, forcing them to make instant gains
>>
>>40986280
Saw a old fat Cuban guy smoking a cigar and eating a egg sandwich in the sauna
>>
>>40987363
>all these retarded anons taking this greentext seriously

What happened to this board?
>>
File: IMG_3754.jpg (95KB, 479x473px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3754.jpg
95KB, 479x473px
>some mid life crisis mode dad goes to my gym
>loads up maximum amount of pl8s possible onto the leg press.
>takes them off squat racks and other machines
>less than quarter reps them for 4 sets
>can tell he doesn't feel like taking all those fucking pl8s back off so he does it sluggishly hoping someone will help him

Why are some guys like this?
>>
>>40987377
It's just the ones with length that go down to mid-calf level that look funny
>>
>>40997807
>fellin it buddy?
>>
>>40991563
at tony's?
>>
>>40987808
It's been proven that scattering heavy Dumbbells around your power rack will ward off the gains goblins like garlic wards off vampires
>>
>>40991548
IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES
>>
>gym had just been renovated and everything got fancy touchscreens
>like 90% of the people who go there are old and none of them knew how to use the new shit
>ended up helping like 40 old people start the machines in the hour I was in there
>they also got some sort of cross-trainer with springs for resistance and it is fucking amazing I spent over an hour on it a few times because it's just so good
>>
File: 1449925822599.jpg (18KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1449925822599.jpg
18KB, 500x500px
>>40986769
>pajeets
>pakis
???
>>
>>40990641
>laughing at someone that stands on something to do pullups because he's short
>felt sad for him
you should be and so should all the other faggots in the gym
>>
File: 1433349783012.jpg (18KB, 396x386px) Image search: [Google]
1433349783012.jpg
18KB, 396x386px
>>40990665
>>
>>40992675
Teenage white grills.
>>
>>40990712
Ayo what are you the fucking fashion police
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.