[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

vision correction surgery general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: lasik.jpg (69KB, 782x800px) Image search: [Google]
lasik.jpg
69KB, 782x800px
Might be stretching what is "on topic" for fit but can we talk about laser eye correction? I'm 32 and had glasses all my life and i'm in a place right now where i can blow the money on ditching them. My eye insurance through work will give me a discount through a Lasix Plus, should I use them?
>>
>>40985370
bump also interested
glasses are terrible for aesthetics
>>
>>40985381
Glasses suck in general and contact creep me out
>>
>>40985370
what is your prescription? near or far?
>>
>>40985370
Lasik is fucking bullshit have fun with permanently dry eyes and a flap in your eye that can come off if something comes in direct contact with your eye like jumping from high into water or any combat sport
>>
>>40985407
near sighted, stable for a long while. Lots of astigmatism
>>
>>40985370
if you decide to do that OP then make sure you understand all complications of this surgery

one of them is eye floaters, which I have (not from this surgery, but they just happened out of nowhere), and I would easily trade half of my vision to get rid of them.
>>
>>40985421
why floaters are the coolest thing ever man your are seeing microscoping organism floating by your eyes without a microscope i love em
>>
File: 1487340289589.jpg (69KB, 283x750px) Image search: [Google]
1487340289589.jpg
69KB, 283x750px
>>40985418
idk about you mine is far sighted 10.50 my doctor told even if i had surgery i would still need glasses...tfw bad eye genes but good facial genes
>>
>>40985444

nice try floater
>>
>>40985444
oh no my dear friend!!! ohhh no no no no.... I can't explain you how wrong you are.

try floatertalk.yuku.com to get a very small idea of how bad floaters can be...
>>
>>40985370
Might be having implantable contact lense surgery, has anyone had any experience with that?
>>
This thread is going like the typical hair loss threads we have, people wanting to know more about treatments and a few people just shitting all over it.

I've had lasix 4 years ago and been on finasteride for 10 plus years (34 now). I got a 20/20 vision and a full head of hair. I got no dry eyes, floaters, or whatever in my eyes and my dick works better then ever.

OP do your own research
>>
Go for the SMILE surgery instead of LASIK. Smaller insicions and fewer complications
>>
>>40985505
how did lasix cost you heard its cheaper now
>>
>>40985537
Huh? I'm trying to fix my eyes, you idiot, not my mouth.
>>
>>40985547
Mine was 2200 out the door, thats with a cash discount
>>
Europoor here, been wearing glasses since im 13. Here the surgery price is trough the roof (considering the average wages in Hungary, even though it only costs about 2000 dollars here)
Decided to get contacts, been wearing them for 3 years. Its the best alternative
>>
>>40985537
Heute schon gelächelt?
SMILE EYES Augenklinik am Airport!
>>
>>40985553
Are you retarded? Did you even do any research before posting?
>>
>>40985691

Been wearing glasses since 5th grade. So used to wearing them that I'd be insecure letting anyone see me without them.
Want to get contacts.
Not sure if it will help with aesthetics since I'm a little odd looking but I'm tired of having stupid frames on my face wherever I go.
How has it been with the contacts?
>>
>>40985741
What? Dude asked how much I paid. I priced 7 different places before I settled on this place
>>
Got lasik done last year with the newest treatment they have
cost me $3500
no floaters or dry eyes, got 20/20 vision
no regrets, was worth the time and money

used glasses ever since I was 6 and wore contacts since I was 13. was never able to fall asleep with either of them and it was a hassle having to be careful each night. now i just fall asleep comfortably any time.

Id recommend it to anyone over 22
>>
>>40985810
My bad. Was trying to reply to the post above >>40985549
>>
>>40985370
i recommend you get relex smile instead. no flap. it the 3rd gen procedure after lasek and prk.
>>
>>40985880
How to find a place that does this? Been googling since the other anon brought it up and im not getting a lot of hits
>>
>>40985753
They increased my aesthetics a lot, now i dont go anywhere in glasses.
They are superior to glasses in every way, you get complete vision without the borders of the lenses, once you try them, you wont go back. Not to mention they dont get scratched, which is the biggest problem of regular glasses. Also you can do any activity without them being in the way. The downsides are that they take quite a time to get used to, in the first few months your eyes will get dry. Mine still does sometimes, but it doesnt really bother me. Also they need to be kept clean, but once you get used to it, it becomes a routine, not a burden.
I pay about 10 dollars a month for them, not a lot, considering your glasses will get cratched up after a year, and that fucks up your everyday vision.
>>
>>40985889
i'm in canada and there are only 2 places that offer it. one's in BC and the other one is in toronto. if you're elsewhere, then I have no idea. it just got approved in 2015 and the best pro over lasek and prk is no dry eyes since there is no cut that damages the nerves which trigger tears.
>>
>>40985909
I'm in the states, seems hard to find
>>
>>40985918
http://www.la-sight.com/lasik-prk/visumax/relex-smile
>>
>>40985928
I'm on the other side of the country
>>
>>40985813
You know you are supposed to take glasses off and contacts out before you sleep, right? Please tell me you are not that retarded.
>>
>>40985964
jej
>>
>>40985370
Everyone i know whose done it says its brilliant and worked perfectly.
>>
>>40985416
No, your comment is bullshit. I had Lasik 7 years ago. My eyes are fine. Best £1200 I ever spent.
>>
>>40985416
Lasek cuts the whole surface off so you can play contact sports
>>
File: 1491365176259.png (198KB, 917x871px) Image search: [Google]
1491365176259.png
198KB, 917x871px
Do a visit to a serious doctor first.

My suggestion , however, is PRK. check it out on google and ask your doctor if it's good for you.
>>
>>40985416
Lmao, I did LASIK about two years ago.
Vision now is 20/15.
That's better than perfect my dude. Eyes not dry at all. My father did it 25 years ago and his eyes are still pretty good.
>>
>>40985848
Faggot: Google image search SMILE and tell me if you see more eyes or mouths. I'll wait.
>>
>>40986206
Did the surgery turn him gay though or was he gay before then?
>>
>>40986206
>Eyes not dry at all.
So you're saying you're a crybaby faggot?
>>
>>40985444
>t.floater
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.