[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rollerblading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9

Anyone one on fit skate? I just started and its a lot of fun. Hopefully I will get some sweet sweet calf gains.
>>
It's gay
>>
>>40982545
So?
>>
>>40982516
Fruitbooting is pretty fucking gay
>>
>>40982584
You'd be gay
>>
>>40982516
skiing is better gains and 10x more fun
>>
>>40982663
True
>>
>>40982663
yeah man i love skiing around my city
>>
>>40982516
I love skating and rollerblading. Haven't been in forever
>>
Try skating. All the same moves as rollerblades, but 100% less gay! Unless you do the pirouettes and shit, then it's more gay!
>>
>>40982686
lol
>>
File: IMG_0556.jpg (64KB, 640x276px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0556.jpg
64KB, 640x276px
>>40982686
Dumb nugger

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roller_skiing
>>
>>40982621
>Fruitbooting
holy fuck its been forever since i heard this word
>>
>>40982711
The fact that you knew the name AND the spelling makes ou gayer than any flip or spin could ever do.
>>
File: IMG_1667.jpg (207KB, 481x666px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1667.jpg
207KB, 481x666px
>>40982621
Leap of faith yeahhh!!!
>>
>>40982798
>Spelling
>How to autocorrect?
>>
>>40982516
Found a pair that fit me, never been used at a local thrift store. bought em. been using them. totes fun.

I had some when I was a fat kid. now that I'm not fat, it's really easy.
I've also been RipStik-ing
>>
>>40982804
No rollerblader has ever come close to landing Leap of Faith. A few skateboarders have, notably Jamie Thomas. Also your pic isn't the Leap of Faith.
>>
>>40982686
learn to hit urban you fucking pussy
>>
>>40982804
Previous amateur here. This sport is the shit, will def help people lose weight - you'll express yourself for hours trying tricks, agility, technique without thinking about it and burn 1000s of calories. Haffey was part of nextGen skaters that took it to next level. Its a shame this sport got pinned down by skateboarding - its progressed farther and faster than anything and tricks are bigger and badder but it went undergroudn for some reason, shame. Rollerblading gay, skating dope AF.
>>
>>40982516

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PwxFJgk9_yE

Been skating street for 13 years aince i was 15. Got a free skatepark near my house now so been skating that for the past 2 years. Was pro once. Skated and got payed for it. Now im a physical therapist assistant working on a doctorates in physical therapy. I skate twice a week still. One of my favorite vids
>>
>>40984394
Rollerblading hasn't progressed much since the early 2000's. Watch a recent rollerblading video and compare it to a skateboarding or BMX video. Those guys are doing some THPS level tricks while rollerblading is mostly small obstacles or twirling like a fruit.
>>
>>40984433
ahh you are over simplifying. Outside of the front flip BMX is boring as hell, no one cares. Rollerblading went the route of more expressive and technical all the while being way bigger with tricks. Boarding has the learning curve, no doubt, I guess I'm bias but what can be done on skates > board except for rodney mullen shit, that's dope.
>>
>>40982516
D1 roller hockey player here. currently at wcrhl nationals. been ice and roller skating since i was eight. its a great endurance builder and is great for building quads along with cycling. haters can hate, i played travel ice hockey all through junior college, but roller got me to D1 in university. look for some old hockey skates and just grind up hills and do start and stop or mile drills on local rinks or open areas, results will come.
>>
>>40984406
whoa, forgot about him. He's good, looks like still making projects and skating with julio. The industry still lurks...a little.

wow, cool you got sponsored once. If I lived in a place more constructive for progressing it would've been golden for me, no doubt. Hoping to get a new pair this summer and there is a little skate park at a park nearby that is small but perfect for just trying everythign again plus switch.
>>
>>40982516
I do, OP. I've got a pair of very shitty skates I picked up from a thrift store few years ago. When the snow melts, it's pretty much my primary form of transportation. Plus its fun. And really gay (no homo)
>>
>>40984499
Is all I read was 'I'm a bottom'
>>
>>40984510
reply when you play D1 college sports fag, especially at a national level.
>>
rollerblading may look gay op buy its fun af and can build nice muscles.
>>
>>40984525
First of all, never knew there was D1 rollerboy hocky. Second of all, I played collegiate ice hocky. Not even trying to dig on you about the sport but uinless its a prestigous college no one will give a fuck. Well, you will, thinking about how sweet it was, incessantly.

On a side note, I'm 30 and could come out there and show you guys how to use the body and fucking snipe goalies like it was your wet dream. I often dream of kicking the shit out of myself back then and I was an enforcer. good night.
>>
>>40984568
I play for ASU. i played ice all through highschool and travel. i switched to roller for the dangles and to be more for the boys. I was a big hot head in ice and losing that hitting mentality definitely changed the way i play for better. Not trying to dis ice as i have a huge place in my heart for both roller and ice, was just getting defensive about the bottom comment. Much love fellow ice dill, from a rollerdad.
>>
>>40982516
I would rollerblade if i were a girl.

Imagine how much social rep and attention youd get.

Too bad I'm male and don't want to look like a faggot
>>
>>40984469
You're oversimplifying with a mindset of bias though. I used to blade from 1996-2006. I skateboarded from 1995-2001 at the same time too. Ask any outsider which one looks more simple. It's pretty damn easy when the blades are attached to your foot.
>>
>>40984587
haha, right on. Goddamn, ASU, that place is like sweet angel central party college of beautfiul babies for centuries. I'll look it up. One of my buddies I played with is frolm AZ, props.
>>
>>40984636
Theres no bailing when somethings atached to your feet. You do it or you get hurt. Theres no jumping off.
>>
>>40984499
Thats really cool. Do you get calf gains though?
>>
File: smith4.gif (500KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
smith4.gif
500KB, 500x375px
>>40982516
i started last year and its fucking awesome but does anyone know wheels or skates that dont get affected by gravel on the fucking sidewalk? i sweat my eyes are scanning 10 time/milisec to see if im gonna hit a stone or some shit (think longboard wheels on skates)

gotta go fast!
>>
File: 1480532301915.png (425KB, 362x612px) Image search: [Google]
1480532301915.png
425KB, 362x612px
>>40982516
The last time I heard anything about ANYONE roller skating, it was when my lesbian friend went out on a lesbian date with another lesbian to go to the lesbian roller rink

Make of that what you will
>>
>>40984749
That used to apply when people would huck off of big gaps or grind high drop rails. Rollerblading is just twirling around at the skatepark now.
>>
File: 1ft_half.jpg (21KB, 387x571px) Image search: [Google]
1ft_half.jpg
21KB, 387x571px
>>40984394
Rollerblading went down the shitter with all the tech and hammers back in the day. It went underground and progressed to a way higher level than skateboarding, BMX, scootering, snowboarding, surfing, etc.

Great example of modern rollerblading in its raw form:
https://vimeo.com/199738562
>>
>>40984919
goddamn she's a 4/10 with a hideously huge jaw
what in gods name was my penis thinking
>>
The hardest thing about rollerblading is telling your parents you're gay.
>>
File: 1480541704687 (1).jpg (183KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1480541704687 (1).jpg
183KB, 1280x960px
>>40985070
Apparently it used to be a lot smarter
>>
>>40985051
>https://vimeo.com/199738562

dem vancouver boys
>>
>>40984869
Mostly quads but the endurance is what comes from it most. It's all start and stop which is great for generating strength. Just look up 60 second drills and try and skate at high volume. It's great for Cardio and gains. >>40984713
Dude it's gnarly, I've put my degreeon how just to play an extra year of hockey and to chase cali girls. Gotta love ASU. We take 15 passager cans on roadies and we hookup an LCD with an n64 and play beeriokart all the way to our tourneys. Our coach drinks veer out water bottle on our bench and we just go ham all weekend. Fucking love college roller. Anyone semi savy can walk onto the d3 team, its worth playing. Cheers boys
>>
Rollerblading makes good crosstraining for skiing and cycling.
>>
Do you guys have any recs for good rollerblades? The ones I use now are garbage. There's a difference between ones for distance/speed, and ones for tricks, right? I'm thinking I want distance now, and maybe tricks later
>>
>>40985493
Look for anything from mission or Bauer. If they at second Han and broken in, even Better. If not, hockey shops will bake them to your feet so the break in period is short. Anything from 200$ and up will last you forever.
>>
>>40985493
Lace me up homeslice
>>
File: 1485955572617.jpg (47KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
1485955572617.jpg
47KB, 500x366px
>>40985608
>>
>>40982516
fruitbooter in san francisco here

Going on a skate date with one of my trans gfs next week, should be a riot.

Rollerblades dont do much for your calves, mostly your glutes and quads. your ass will be a fucking brick if you keep the hobby up. maybe thats why it has the gay rep. Idk I picked up blading before I started hooking up with girls with cocks so idk if its a chicken or the egg thing. great cardio. kinda dangerous unless you got great roads then its loads of fun.

>glide up to the skate park
>no blatant homophobia cause bay area
>boot around the skaters
>one of them gets annoyed calls me a fag fruitbooter
>pin drop silence
>his friends chastise him for homophobia
>he apologizes
>2 weeks pass
>see him at a party, I booted to of course
>hes kinda drunk
>grabs my shoulder apologizing about the other day blah blah
>long story short pounded his skater boipucci in an empty room
>pull out and yank his flippy bieber hair to take my nut
>nut on his face with my skates on
>>
>>40985638
Go on.
>>
>>40985638
>one of them gets annoyed calls me a fag fruitbooter
>long story short pounded his skater boipucci in an empty room
so was he gay or not?
>>
>>40985693
He's from San Francisco. I heard they're all homersexual there.
>>
>>40985638
m-moar
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.