[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how did you sort yourself out?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 15

File: Man-Drinking.jpg (179KB, 425x283px) Image search: [Google]
Man-Drinking.jpg
179KB, 425x283px
how did you sort yourself out?
>>
>>40980570
quit drinking 5 days ago
>>
>>40980570
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8Xc2_FtpHI&list=PL22J3VaeABQAT-0aSPq-OKOpQlHyR4k5h
>>
>>40980570
I never drank in my life
I know I'll become an alcoholic if I do
>>
>>40980570
I get anxiety from drinking alone so I just can't do it. Feels good man.
>>
Shaved my balding head and found a better paying job.
>>
>>40980717

it feels good to be a little bitch?
>>
>>40980570
read more, go to AA meetings even though you don't battle any addiction.
it's good to undo any bad habits that you deal with.
stopped taking in drugs and started selling them, finally have lots of money.
put said money into trust fund.
>>
>>40980699
>Jordan I think fighting 'sjw's' is a legitimate career path Peterson
>>
File: 1490706970057.jpg (14KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1490706970057.jpg
14KB, 320x320px
>>40980570
working on it for a while now, love the progress

give tips
>>
>>40980811
That's not even his main schtick. He's a stealth Evola disciple.
>>
>>40980811
>[THE CURRENT YEAR]
>having principles
You sure showed him, fellow nihilist. MUH FEELINGS, amirite?
>>
I quit doing heroin, started working out, got a job, bought a car, got a gf, got an apartment, bought a puppy, and now I'm saving money and working on career goals.

I don't feel like I've accomplished anything with my life. I don't feel proud of myself. I think I barely deserve to live, much less deserve a pat on the back for doing shit that everyone is supposed to be doing. But I am doing much better now than I once was.
>>
Pinning steroids by the age of 19
>>
>>40980947
Worked for Arnold.
>>
>>40980570
I hit my lowest

Hung out with people worse off than me
Made me realise I didn't have it bad

Then I decided to ditch everyone who kept me down

And I decided just to stop being unhappy

Now every time I feel low I just stop and appreciate what I've got.
>>
>>40980739
yeah bro being an alcoholic drinking alone is what all the cool successful people do
>>
File: qmsh479htply.jpg (284KB, 1890x1417px) Image search: [Google]
qmsh479htply.jpg
284KB, 1890x1417px
>>
>>40980893
>everyone who disagrees with me is a neo-marxist, nihlist, communist out to get me and destroy society
t.Peterson
>>
>>40981070
>anyone who objects to having their language policed is a parody of themselves
t. some kind of faggot
>>
>>40981101
>there is any proof that bill c.16 would actually mean this
t.uniformed retard who thinks the inane emotionally charged ramblings of some cancuck is relevant.
>>
>>40980570
To be honest, lifting. It gave me the self confidence and mental fortitude to pursue my goals and reinforced the idea that small daily improvements lead to long term results and habits.

I mean *tips fedora* and all, but it really did help me.
>>
>>40980916
I got inspired by your post.

>>40980797
What do you sell, aren't you scared of going to jail? Being a felon?
>>
>>40981676
>unironically defending a bill that would make it a crime to commit "hate speech" based on "gender identity or expression"

t.the reason western civilization is dying and everything that 4chan hates who has definitely had his body penetrated by a male sex organ
>>
>>40980570
You just "do" it.
>>
>>40980570
Went to rehab, then a recovery house, started lifting, then did NA meetings for like 3 years and quit all drugs, got a job, went back to school, am about to graduate in 3 weeks. Still feel like a loser because I'm 26 years old no gf in 1.5 years and moved back into my moms house to avoid loans and still haven't found a career job/internship for the summer aside from my wage cuck grocery job, at least I'm not homeless and shooting heroin though.
>>
>>40982312
same situation but i'm 31.. Except swap heroin for opiates and ghb.

Heres a little perspective for you. I have a friend, hes 31 also. Has a place, a woman and a kid and another on the way. He was great shape, big handsome mother fucker.

He has a pain in his shoulder, it get so bad he has to get it checked out..

Stage 3 cancer and it aggressively moving too his back. He needed emergency surgery so he doesn't lose his arm. He is now in the process of fighting for his life and is about to under go severer treatment... This all just happened within a month..

Your life is not so bad anymore is it..

Appreciate your accomplishments and where you are going. I need to do the same myself.
>>
>>40980570
I wrote a list of all the things I needed to do to succeed, then deprived myself of sleep until my stream of consciousness withered away. No emotions, no hedonism, no random intrusive thoughts, just exhaustion to the point my face hurt. Then I let my list guide me.
>>
started a business with my friend

it legit turned me from a depressed directionless dude into someone who thinks more clearly, acts more decisively and feels much better in life.
>>
I have really bad anxiety, but an idgaf attitude. idk how that even happens, when i go to the gym my fat hambeast self just does what i need to do . and ignore onlookers but once i stop and am outside all this shit comes flooding in and im a mess of tears and idk how to deal with it
>>
>>40984046
Me too. Im a beast in the gym but my mind is full of cringy memories and shit that beats me up consistently.

However,i told myself im awesome today and that im in the moment as a mantra in my head, and i had a thoroughly good day for once.
>>
>>40980570
Alright OP, you need help, and it ain't gonna be easy.

First, you got to separate the colors from the whites or they bleed into each other. Then you gotta go through all the junk you've built up and throw some of it out and put the rest in a neat pile. After that it's as simple as making a day planner.
>>
i drink on occassion. i dont drink much in social gatherings. i drink a bit more when im alone, on my alone days i am depressed, today is one of those days, where i have to pretend everything is right when it isnt, my life is close to being in shambles
>>
>>40982312
You're doing good man people are proud of you, even jealous they just won't say it. Keep up the good work
>>
>>40981916
mostly weed, and well nah we only get a ticket here
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (154KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
154KB, 1280x720px
>>40981920
>>
Need more Peterson meme images. Where can I find more?
>>
File: 1490847676503.jpg (24KB, 706x706px) Image search: [Google]
1490847676503.jpg
24KB, 706x706px
Got back into lifting and running for health and personal reasons, not to impress anyone like I used to. Fucked around and got over my oneitis who'd had a hold on me for years after our breakup. Cut my drinking with friends down to once every week or two instead of 4 nights a week (college, man). Started working two jobs and refusing any money from my parents, they're generous as all hell and I don't want to coast off them. Made dad proud. Paying all my own bills got me to actually graduate college instead of failing classes due to "depression" which amounted to me being a lazy shut in.
Started cooking more. Reading more. Stopped jerking off as often. Improved my wardrobe. Sold my shitty minivan and got a nice used car. Cleared out all my pack rat bullshit and simplified my life.
Just landed a good job a few states away, moving soon.
>>
>>40984062
I feel you on the cringy memories. I know that I'll never forget them and I constantly feel like a bitch because of it. I guess once I reach my goals maybe the constant nagging in my head will stop
>>
>>40980570
I bought a bike, then I got a new job with 4am starts, I ride the bike everywhere I go now it's so fun, I use most of my paycheck buying nice stuff for it. Then I started to realize if I wanted to go faster I had to start really focussing on myself, so after 12 years I quit smoking cold turkey, then I quit drinking, then I quit eating extremely unhealthy foods.

After I lost the excess weight I started focussing on working on my body more, I'm ok in the legs so I focus on core and upper body workouts.
I do bodyweight training every other day, and ride my bike 60-120 miles every day im not training.

I'm super fucking poor, I'm tired all the time, but fuck do I feel good.
Decided to join the Army too so I've started to throw some jogging in there as well since even though I can ride forever basically, my running is still weak.
>>
>>40980570
i didn't srs i still drink every day and have an amphetamine addiction i just use the amps to fuel my workouts etc
>>
>>40984046
If you are fat and you are in the gym NOONE is looking down on you (except for douchbags, fuck them). What I say to myself to keep me from going full antisocial mode is that EVERYONE has their own insecurities to worry about you
>>
File: 1477014777092.gif (152KB, 500x516px) Image search: [Google]
1477014777092.gif
152KB, 500x516px
I didn't. Now i'm just swole with all the same problems, in fact probably even worse because getting into fitness has made me even more narcissistic.
>>
>>40980699
Sam Harris talks about this guy, or the other way round. So he must either really dislike Islam or love it.
>>
>>40980717
Same reason why I can't smoke weed.
>>
>>40980570
>Decided to stop being a sedentary faggot in 2013
>fight through the wet paper bag that is misinformation on the internet for 3 years
>participate in my first real bulk, massive gains
>Hair started really falling out last year
>Health insurance is fucked, bought fin off alphabay
>Bought dnp from dinitro, cut natty from 189 to 163, did two cycles down to 145
>Be now, bulking again with big focus on upper body, because squatting every day is a fucking meme
>Getting fat again, and i don't like it

Life needs constant sorting.
>>
>>40983817
How do you get cancer of the shoulder
>>
>>40980570
>the feeling of a hangover
>the guilt of saying and doing stupid shit
>the fact that its a gains goblin
>the fact that its a waste of money
>>
>>40980570
one day i decided to just go do everything that i wanted to do and start building myself as a human being because i was doing nothing and had nothing.

i made the decision to take the first step and start from the ground up, working every day to make myself into who i wanted to be and slowly give up things that were holding me back or wasting my time.

you gotta be willing to sacrifice your time and surrender to the process.

also accepting that you wont always feel happy and perfect, makes you feel a lot more whole and makes life flow better
>>
>>40980570

I didn't, that's why I'm still here.
>>
>>40980570
I think I'll never be fully sorted if I don't leave this place. 4chan is toxic and helpful at the same time.
>>
Got a job and manned the fuck up. First months were terrible cause I am a fat introvert pussy beta but I just withstood and my character changed a lot from that experience. I realized that all the issues I was obsessing over and getting anxious about previously were trivial bullshit. Eventually I developed more of I dont give a fuck attitude, went back to finish my college and got a gf. Granted, I am still fat (less so) but I am way more confident my peers which is easy since I am in IT and everyone is an autist.
>>
>>40985903
when did you realise who you wanted to be?

Some of us suffer because we do not know.
>>
alcohol is naturally disgusting to me.
same as smoking.
same as most junk food.
guess I'm lucky
>>
>>40980916
What motivated you to become a better man?
>>
>>40980885
Dude I was thinking the same thing but now I know its true.
>>
>>40980570

I haven't yet.
>>
>>40985845
idk apparently its really fucking rare. Like under 5%. It's like a freak occurrence.
>>
I let go.
>>
>>40987673
5% you say
Kill it
>>
>>40981920
1) Implying I want Canada to uncuck
2) Implying I don't want to pretend to be SJW one day to get people fired and take their position.
Kek I'm playing 4D chess your still on backgammon.
>>
>>40980811

He makes about $300k/year from his Patreon to do exactly that, so... yes.
>>
>>40985508
Post Body I bet your DYEL.
>>
File: agp 4.jpg (197KB, 684x1021px) Image search: [Google]
agp 4.jpg
197KB, 684x1021px
>>40987928
>Have tenyer
>give up on being academic and become populist for /pol/tards
I bet my left testicle Bill C.16 passes anyway and he ends up in jail.
>>
>>40981067
how important is it to get microsoft powerpoint 2003 specifically?
>>
>>40986187
Yeah it's so fun but it kills social and communication ability (except when I find a conversation topic to bring up)

We're aggressive and normal people can't compare. Friends who get on 4chan are fun at first but things fizzle out because 4chan composes all the socializing we (I) want
>>
>>40987955
You trannychasers are the worst shitters on this board
>>
I didn't, now I just work out but I'm still a retard failure at everything else
>>
>>40988024
>tranny chasers
Kek, no tranny's are always hons irl.
>>
>>40980702
That's me and drugs. If I ever touch that stuff it'll be bye bye world daddy's a spaceman now
>>
I was an egotistical fuck who crashed and burned his life at least 6 times. The last time it happened was due to smoking crystal meth. I prob didn't actually sleep for a year and a half. I now have a wife and kids and I'm 41 with a good job. I don't have an ego problem anymore because when life kicks your ass that fucking bad you kinda stop being proud of your own dumb ass.
>>
>>40988351
Damn man, sounds like the world has been forgiving to you
>>
>>40980570
Lifting weights brought structure to my life.
>>
>>40980570

I drop a tab of LSD every week and spend the whole day smoking weed and watching movies, or whatever else I feel like doing. I call it my spirit day. Helped my depression so much
>>
Havent had a drink in 6 months and I'm tempted to drink some beers. Somebody convince me not to please
>>
File: 1490711854234m.jpg (117KB, 796x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1490711854234m.jpg
117KB, 796x1024px
>>40990765
Have you been regretful after drinking in the past?
>>
>>40989806
Where can i get lsd? Darknet, what vendor. Whats a good dose
>>
>>40991379
if u r around bay area go to sf hippie hills

or ask your weed guy if he got connects

Im no that dude but 100ug is pretty weak to me now since the very first time i dropped i did 450 lmao
>>
File: peterson_meem.png (114KB, 619x602px) Image search: [Google]
peterson_meem.png
114KB, 619x602px
>>40980570
Tried college because i thought it would be better than doing nothing and would make my parents and partner happy.
Dropped out of my third 1st semester of college because it made me miserable.
Did 7 months of cognitive behavioral therapy, learned to manage my feels and stop being afraid of living life.
Therapist felt ok letting me go once i started a concerted effort to dig deep to find some kind of purpose in life.
Met someone who made me realize I could be with a person who challenges me to live my higher values and pursue my passions instead of just being with someone out of convenience/because they support me.
Did the futureauthoring program to figure out just what the hell I really wanted out of life.
Now I'm:
>working on a personal training cert so i can have a real job
>selling on etsy lol
>filming myself building art in parks, goes on youtube
>getting my drivers license at 24
>gonna break 6'3 190 by august, 200lbs by my bday in march next year

tl;dr: wasted the opening years of my adult life sitting on the couch, browsing the internet, smoking weed, and playing videogames. Been sorting myself gradually for the last year, and i'm finally doing things with my life. I'm unrecognizable from my high, do-nothing-bitch self from a year+ ago, and it's great.
>>
>>40981920

Get laid.
>>
Regular lifting and cardio.

Everything else sort of falls into place after that.
>>
>>40991174
9 times out of 10 i wake up with extreme regrets
>>
>>40980673
Didn't really quit yet. Once you get to a month you can say that you quit
>>
>>40991650
Can you tell me more about this because i dont do drugs or that stuff but i dont live my life up to my standard either. I live in The Netherlands but i want to know if this is in english only and is it a book only or do people help too in real life? I really need something lke this man i know im a better person and im tired of doing nothing good. Im 23 btw
>>
>>40991777
Days come first you faggot
>not going to make it.
>>
>>40987602
It started with a bad breakup. Then when I told my dealer that I was stopping he kind of dismissed it and patronized me, which pissed me off. So I was just angry at a lot of people all at once and felt like they thought they were better than me. Which they aren't. Most people are, but not those ones.
>>
>>40980570
I didn't
I just got big
>>
>>40980570
weighted punchies
>>
>>40991768
well there's your answer
>>
>>40980570
Quit drinking 7 months ago, got a new jerb 4 months ago, today got offered a team lead position. Accepted, ofc.

Also lost 10 kg since new years. Cute redheaded Polish girl working at the diner seems to have noticed. Still fat tho.

All in all, shits getting better all the time.
>>
Systematically cutting all the bad things out of my life, while also starting to run again and going to the gym every day instead. I went from drinking heavily 3-4 nights a week, selling pills, snorting coke and breaking into cars with my roommates to living on my own, giving all of that stuff up and trying to live a healthier and better life. Everything just got away from me I guess and I sunk super low, and by leaving it all behind, I've started to make it, brahs. You can all do it to.
Surprisingly, coffee was the hardest thing to give up, but this is my first caffeine-clean week and I'm doing fine.
>>
>>40981676
Ur stupid why let something so vague on speech pass?
>>
>>40980673
>quit drinking on Sunday
Good for you. You might actually get past the first hard part.
>>
I got autisticly angry one day. Keep in mind I'm 6"1 210 lbs and a workhorse at a shitty warehouse.
Reported them to the this board called the voa(Voice of associates.) shit hit the fan and I threatened hr cause I had a lot of dirt on the ppl who fled me over. All of a sudden I'm being offered all this new training. Managers giving me cookies(declined cause I'm on a cut). Put In the ticket to receive all this new training. Transfer was approved.. not only do I get the training but I won't be working for them anymore. Felt good to get petty revenge.
>>
>>40980699
nigga sounds like kermit
>>
>>40991650
Does that future authoring shit really work? I'm on the fence but I really need something right now.
>>
>>40994755
i got inspired just from listening. i you feel you need change his lectures will push you in the right direction.
>>
>>40980570
Good question bro.

Happened overnight, was so close to a PR and my coach basically told me drinking and smoking was the only thing keeping 15 more pounds off of the bar. I stopped ever since.
>>
>>40980885
>stealth Evola disciple

Well now you've got me interested

What relates him to Evola?
>>
>>40981063
>he thinks solely "drinking alone" makes you an alcoholic

lol
>>
>>40993800
lol he has said that himself
>>40980699
Jordan is a real god.
>>
>>40995783
Umm it's the first step. Drinking alone increases the likelihood of habit forming substance abuse tenfold
>>
All I did today was sit in my bedroom shitpost and listen to music. Thats all I did yesterday and the day before that etc. Virgin no friends manlet
>>
I quit drinking for my physical and social health. I started developing stomach ulcers from heavy consumption. Also I kept revealing my power level to normies and it made them uncomfortable, luckily I've been able to play it off as a joke. When I'm sober I stray away from talking politics unless I'm with close friends.
>>
Honestly life sort of did it for me. I moved out of the house at 17, partied my ass off and went full drug addict mode, went full sober, relapsed, etc. Moved back into parents house at 21 suddenly focused. Got a random job. Got good at it. Got better at it. Got promoted. Did good at new job, did better. Company wants me to go to school. Go to school. Fucking love school for the first time ever, fires off part of brain not touched in over a decade, super focused now. Start lifting. Skinny-fat mode deactivated. Gains being achieved. Work-school-gym-sleep, with a lot of eating is my day, it beats where I was at 19.
>>
>>40992204
>>40994755
Futureauthoring is a writing assignment you do on the internet. You will get results if yourl work at it and are completely honest with yourself. If the price is too much, watch some of Peterson's talks to get you pumped up, and then buy and do futureauthoring anyway. I'm finding it extremely useful and i keep going back to it to write in the things i realize i want out of life.
>>
>>40991379
look up 1-p lsd
>>
went to the doctor for help. he prescribed me naltrexone and now I don't crave alcohol anymore. it's a weird feeling, even if I drink i'm just like "meh" and don't want any more.

it also helps on my cut because not only do I no longer drink 1000 cal of booze a day, but the medication also suppresses my appetite something fierce.

if anyone is struggling ask your doc about it.
>>
File: oO22FzI.png (236KB, 459x555px) Image search: [Google]
oO22FzI.png
236KB, 459x555px
>>40987955
>Have tenyer

What is this tenyer you're talking about
>>
>>40989806
Dropping LSD that frequently is not sustainable in the long run. You're gonna fry your 5HT-receptors
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.